Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,110 members, 7,807,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? (34345 Views)

My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating / Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by NoTire: 11:54am On Feb 08, 2020
buy barrow
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by ghettochild4u(m): 11:55am On Feb 08, 2020
Open a mechanic shop
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by lexy2014: 11:55am On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:
Good day great intellectuals of Nairaland.

Overtime, I have seen people on this forum address issues on/for/about people with 2.2 and 3rd class and advice them on what to do next, however neglecting the 2.1 and 1st class category.

As a recent graduate, the future looks bleak. I would like matured advice on the next step and how to move forward from here. As you know, every decision at this point is quite critical.

I graduated from Mechanical Engineering department. Engineering professionals, your views are welcome here please.

If u graduated with a 2:1 in engineering and u don't no what next for your life, then there's a problem. How do u want people to no what next for u when u don't no what next for yourself?

3 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Ibkay32(m): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2020
After using 5 years in school and you're still us what to do next, Bro you need to go to school 😂

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by midnighter(f): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2020
Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by dontro(m): 11:57am On Feb 08, 2020
This is a question students should ask themselves while in school.

Don't wait until after.

What were you doing in school then?

6 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Wyzzhi22: 11:58am On Feb 08, 2020
Download this brand new jam fro Duncan Mighty- Ikebe Bisola

https://abegabeg.com/download-music-duncan-mighty-ikebe-bisola/
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 11:59am On Feb 08, 2020
congrats Op but seek for Grace and let your grade complement it

my greatest mistake was not graduating from the street before going to school. my friends that graduated from the street, have all made it and they're now back to school with a standard financial status to complement their studies

street graduation first abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by samwash(m): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
After studying a course for 5 years in the university, and the guaduate is asking us what next ? It's a pity to ur educational system & to the individual.
Dats why they say "" Nigrian graduates are unemployable""

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by bamdexfarms(m): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
Start applying for Masters scholarships in countries like Germany, Canada, USA, Australia etc. There is a shortage of skilled professionals in Germany especially in the STEM sector. Do not limit the scope of your future to only Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by xreal: 12:02pm On Feb 08, 2020
Chevron
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by MexManuel(m): 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2020
There is a lot in the future for you.

What are your target job prospect?
In what ways can IT help to develop it?
While others may go for mainstream engineering approach, I suggest you understand the IT part, develop simple and efficient approach, patient it and earn satisfaction and money.
Meanwhile you can be working in an organisation while doing it.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by qanda: 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2020
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by ppogba: 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2020
thesicilian:
5years in school studying a course and you still don't know what next? A truly intelligent person would never ask that.

Very good comment.

Questions like this are common on Nairaland and you tend to wonder if Nigerian youth even know why they went to school in the first instance.

One thing I know is, the moment a vulcanizer apprentice finishes his service, he knows the next thing for him is to go in search of a space by the road side. But for a Nigerian graduate MBA!.

The fact is only very few are still out of their NAPPY.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Gspot1k: 12:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
Yamsyy:
You want to have a passive income?
You wanna learn how Blockchain and Cryptocurrency investments work?

*I can show you a simple way you can use N2500 -2800 only to start with ETHEREUM SMART CONTRACT and rake in 6 figures..*
You must sha be willing to teach at least 2 people this strategy!
Sounds interesting? Kindly join the group https:///JvWgUZf1T3T0fQiASnwB1g
eyin omo aye I greet ooo....may your days be long
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by BrutusOj(m): 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2020
Job haunt or employ yourself

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Commentor: 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2020
As an engineer in this new age, you must know how to program.

That should be your immediate developmental goal besides having practical knowledge of whatever field of engineering you are interested in.

Go on Udemy and YouTube for resources.

3 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Offpoint: 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
If after 5 years you don't what to do, it's a pity.

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Iheoforlex: 12:07pm On Feb 08, 2020
Go submit CV for bet naija shop ...
Or start investing in your self your choice

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

Overtime, I have seen people on this forum address issues on/for/about people with 2.2 and 3rd class and advice them on what to do next, however neglecting the 2.1 and 1st class category.

As a recent graduate, the future looks bleak. I would like matured advice on the next step and how to move forward from here. As you know, every decision at this point is quite critical.

I graduated from Mechanical Engineering department. Engineering professionals, your views are welcome here please.

Statistically, graduating with a 1st class or 2:1 in Nigeria is a sentence to a life of misery. You will most likely end up in a mediocre job if you are lucky, working for someone (or worse still your mate) who had a 2:2 or a third class and you will end up paying 10% of your mediocre salary to a church started by a "born again" pastor who did drugs and partied while you were studying and had to drop out of school!!

Welcome to the reality of Nigerian education in the 21st century!!

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by olat11: 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
All is well bro,

During your NYSC, try to figure out some successful people in your chosen career and itemized you area of interest.

Prayerful with diligent, u ll surely be successful.

Congrats bro. It is not easy but with God, it is easy in Jesus Name.

5 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by AgentNairaland(f): 12:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
What's Next, Na To Join Labour Force Sure Pass.. That's The Pride Of Nigeria
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by GeoOla25(m): 12:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
I hope you get this message..just try and further your degree abroad... private message me will link you with folk in your field that will give u a guide.

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Mcslize: 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2020
Hakeem12:
Go into IT, anything from Data science, to web design, UI/UX designer

What programming language can cater for all of that?

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by englishgirl55(f): 12:12pm On Feb 08, 2020
Go for your masters abroad. Check out Germany

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Karlifate: 12:13pm On Feb 08, 2020
Davash222:
Since you read Mechanical Engineering, I’ll advice you set up a Mechanic shop. Get your tools box and work don start be that. More ‘Grease’ to your elbow.
Nawa for you o

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by bluefilm: 12:14pm On Feb 08, 2020
Davash222:
Since you read Mechanical Engineering, I’ll advice you set up a Mechanic shop. Get your tools box and work don start be that. More ‘Grease’ to your elbow.

Guy you wicked o. grin

The guy probably didn't even enter any mechanics shop throughout his time in school.

You suppose know say Na theoretical engineering dem dey read for school na...

8 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by king100(m): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
My humble advice I want to give you is that, don’t allow your academic achievement gets in your head. Start thinking, I mean really thinking. What do you want? don’t allow anyone to do the thinking for you. Once you know what you want, invest your time to do through research about the thing you want to do. After, whatever it take to achieve that thing, be it time or money, invest massively on it to be employed or starting your own business. I will suggest invest in digital skills- coding or anything that will add values your life.

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Trojan8(m): 12:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

Greatest Unibest! I have a question bro, when did you start clearance to have gotten SOR so fast?
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by bluefilm: 12:19pm On Feb 08, 2020
Offpoint:
If after 5 years you don't what to do, it's a pity.

That's the shocking reality today.

So many of our undergraduates are so directionless.

I just pity them knowing the hopelessness that awaits so many them when they finally manage to graduate.

2 Likes

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by 2metrelaurie(m): 12:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
popsy2:
dunno

Keep the certificate aside and hustle like a dropout

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2012/2013;lautech Admissions Status / YABATECH Student Mocks Fire Service Men, We Should Call A DJ / Delta Polytechnic Ozoro School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.