Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? (34308 Views)

My Matriculation Number Was Used For Another Student After Graduating / Computer Science And Computer Engineering: What Are The Differences? / Graduating With Second Class Lower Is No Longer An Option - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by dazzlingd(m): 1:13pm On Feb 08, 2020
U can become a marketer at access bank or better still get a job at PwC, kpmg
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:
Good day great intellectuals of Nairaland.

Overtime, I have seen people on this forum address issues on/for/about people with 2.2 and 3rd class and advice them on what to do next, however neglecting the 2.1 and 1st class category.

As a recent graduate, the future looks bleak. I would like matured advice on the next step and how to move forward from here. As you know, every decision at this point is quite critical.

I graduated from Mechanical Engineering department. Engineering professionals, your views are welcome here please.

open an automobile repair workshop immediately. you can start by carrying out routine maintenance & repair work for your family, friends & acquaintances for a fee.

see, everyday, these uneducated technicians are less able to understand and work on late model vehicles with their integrated electronics and complex control systems. the knowledge gap is wide open for smart guys like you to fill...

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by baconline(m): 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
Was in your shoes 20 years back, worked for three years and have been in my own since

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by engrelvis(m): 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

Overtime, I have seen people on this forum address issues on/for/about people with 2.2 and 3rd class and advice them on what to do next, however neglecting the 2.1 and 1st class category.

As a recent graduate, the future looks bleak. I would like matured advice on the next step and how to move forward from here. As you know, every decision at this point is quite critical.

I graduated from Mechanical Engineering department. Engineering professionals, your views are welcome here please.
enrol in one auto or car mechanic workshop n humbly learn .remove pride n learn d nitty gritty .in computer learn apps of mechanical design.when ur well grounded in all these ur ready.don't also forget to join ur professional body.Above all b humble in yr dealings.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 08, 2020
adexpa:

That is what nearly everybody ended up with from our unguarded school setting that does not encourage us to think outside grade during our days in school. It takes successful parents to guide their children while in school.
God help us all.

You are correct.

Undergraduates should use their holiday period to learn a trade or craft.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by biosystech: 1:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

UNIBEN? Interesting. How's Olagbegi, Anderson, Mazi, Onyekpe, Ebunilo etc.? grin

FrLukas:

You are correct.

Undergraduates should use their holiday period to learn a trade or craft.
While you're right about that, how many would want to take in undergraduates? I once applied to an auto industry at Alagomeji as an undergraduate but was rejected, stating they aren't taking anyone without experience.

franchasng:
congrats great SOMEC.

While you apply for multinational company jobs which usually recruit graduate trainees every year; shell, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, Saipem, Mantrac, Oil Test, Nestlé, NBC via one engineering agency like that, I think AETI, Guinness Diageo, etc, go to Google now and Google free masters degree in Finland, Norway, Sweden....It's free and will give you a good exposure.

South Korea is also running a free all expense sponsored scholarships for foreign graduates and it's an awesome opportunity that you will forever grateful to ever participate if you are finally selected.

Any undergraduate currently in 1St class or 2.1 should quote me for details because there is same opportunity for undergraduates.

My small firm never reach to employ more than 10 staffs I would have offered you a job to start life with
Hi, I checked for Norway sometime last week but it seems one must transfer a certain sum of money before they're granted visa.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nostradamus: 1:21pm On Feb 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Join a renowned occult. You won't regret it
give examples and how to join?
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Originalsly: 1:24pm On Feb 08, 2020
itu404:

Haba! you have a 2-1 and do not know what next? how u take get am then? Ability to think out solutions in a dismal environment is the onus of a good education not the text book type. mean no insult, bros.

The truth is bitter.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Classicdexy(m): 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Hope you are now one of the richest men on Forbes list
.... But wait,, Shey herbalist don dey nairaland nii?

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 08, 2020
biosystech:
UNIBEN?

While you're right about that, how many would want to take in undergraduates? I once applied to an auto industry at Alagomeji as an undergraduate but was rejected, stating they aren't taking anyone without experience.

First, the craft I am talking about doesn't need to be related with what you are studying in school.

Second, maybe you should have considered a non-paying internship. They probably rejected you cos of the monthly allowance or stipend they'd have to give you. If you had told them you'll work for free, maybe you'd have been able to secure a place.

Third, I am sure that's not the only auto industry around. Is it? Did you try others, even in Ibadan?
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

Hello,

First, you have to go and serve your fatherland. I said that earlier.

Now, there's a young gentleman who runs a very successful Auto workshop in Ibadan.

Maybe you should reach out to him via his radio program "Auto Clinic" on Splash 105.5FM and ask if he wouldn't mind giving you an internship position, then work your service year to Ibadan.

Give it a try. The man is a walking encyclopaedia when it comes to vehicles and I believe you'll learn a lot from him in a year than you learnt in your 5 years in school.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by SPLENDID25(m): 1:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
[quote author=franchasng post=86479530

Any undergraduate currently in 1St class or 2.1 should quote me for details because there is same opportunity for undergraduates.

[/quote]
I am an EEE undergraduate. Tho, in 200L.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by BlogRabbit: 1:44pm On Feb 08, 2020
Go learn a hand work.

A good one at that o not just anyone.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by CrystalMax: 1:45pm On Feb 08, 2020
Get knowledge on relevant skills in your field of study.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Maj196(m): 1:48pm On Feb 08, 2020
Just learn coding mister man
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by gid4ok(m): 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2020
Become a real estate agent. Contact me if u are interested
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Godsfavour78: 2:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
biosystech:
UNIBEN? Interesting. How's Olagbegi, Anderson, Mazi, Onyekpe, Ebunilo etc.? grin

Hi, I checked for Norway sometime last week but it seems one must transfer a certain sum of money before they're granted visa.
please does it work for bsc?. How much is the money?. Is the visa guaranteed? Is Admission easy to get? Thanks.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by traihit: 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2020
OBku4:

Nice advice there! For me, all my drive is to make me a lot of money legally. ce fini

Then you should start calculating how much is the 'lot of money' you intend to make and how best to get it in a set time.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by franchasng: 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2020
biosystech:

Start the process first. Check other countries I mentioned.

What about South Korea, are you interested in an opportunity there

Meanwhile you can learn programming on the side while job hunting it will save you soon.

Learn Python mostly.

Don't waste time learning how to operate lathe machine, spend the time learning programming. You can learn on YouTube or try programming for newbies
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by franchasng: 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
[quote author=SPLENDID25 post=86480515][/quote]I don't know how to reach you so I can send you an information to follow
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Realfrankie(m): 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
You hide it inside your traveling bag and choose another chapter outside your field of study
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by perxie: 2:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
pls which other skill can a nursing graduate learn o
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by SPLENDID25(m): 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
franchasng:
I don't know how to reach you so I can send you an information to follow
three one one 4. my whatsup contact thanks.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by franchasng: 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
SPLENDID25:
81 three one 4. my whatsup contact thanks.
your email is better
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by SPLENDID25(m): 2:10pm On Feb 08, 2020
franchasng:
your email is better
valentinefelix6@gmail.com
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nasinazz(m): 2:11pm On Feb 08, 2020
Set up a mechanic workshop, if indeed you know the fundamental A-Z of mechanical engineering automobile section your workshop will boom. Ask gazzuzz of nairaland, he's a billionaire Kazeem..

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:15pm On Feb 08, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Join a renowned occult. You won't regret it

WELCOME TO NIGERIA

YOU DEY INSIDE WORLD BEFORE NOW YOU DEY OUTSIDE WORLD

MY BROTHER HUSTLE GOD DEY

IT IS REALLY DISHEARTENING THAT PERSON GO COME OUT WITH 2.1 AND SAY THAT HIS FUTURE IS BLEAK ,
IN OTHER COUNTRY BEFORE YOU GRADUATE COMPANIES DO JOB FAIRS IN YOUR CAMPUS AND ARE STRUGGLING TO HIRE THE BEST STUDENTS

HERE THEY ARE CLOSING AND RUNNING AWAY

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Emmymarvel(m): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

Sorry to say this. But bro if you trully went to school, did a 5 years course and got a certificate. Then come out to ask people what next to do. Baba then you just went to school but was not educated. Because the basis for education is to give you a sense of direction and goals. Why did you even go to school in the first place if you don't know what next after you get the certificate. Waoh.

1 Like

Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Dedetwo(m): 2:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
princejayy:

You are on it already, the line of unemployed.
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 08, 2020
perxie:
pls which other skill can a nursing graduate learn o
Aren't you working already?
Re: After Graduating With A 2.1 In Engineering, What Next? by ufotty2001: 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2020
You graduated with "A" but in real life u are still "F". If you really want to become something in life throw away that certificate, enter street and look for a lucrative skills and improve yourself in it. Nigeria educational system is a scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Is The Differences Between Pre-degree And Remedial? / I Divorced, Remarried During My Programme - Dr. Ige Aminat Olawunmi. / University Of Ibadan Distance Learning Application Form Is Out Hurry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.