Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years (66477 Views)

Tinubu, Lawan, Zulum, Tambuwal, Others In Borno For Fatima Shettima's Wedding / Reno Omokri Offers Garba Shehu N7.8m To Sleep In Borno For A Night. He Reacts / Dele Momodu With RMD In Throwback Photo (''Friendship Of 31years'') (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by jaszplus12(m): 12:36am On Feb 09, 2020
budaatum:
A true Nigerian, and a dedicated teacher. May she continue to reap her just reward here on earth.

And well done, Prof Babagana Umaru Zulum. MNI, Executive Governor Of Borno State, and the wise people of Borno who elected you!
I would have loved to "like" this comment of yours 1million times if there was a way to do so!
This is humanity! I was moved to tears and inspired further by this woman! I'll continue to dedicate myself to what i do!
God bless Mr governor, teacher and those of us who are dedicated to our work
Cheers!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by johntolu: 12:44am On Feb 09, 2020
Victorex001:

True, but they’re better than skull mining Yorubas.

All Yorubas are ritualist!

All the names listed on the Ogwugwu Okija shrine register, are Igbo names���
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by johntolu: 12:51am On Feb 09, 2020
Victorex001:

True, but they’re better than skull mining Yorubas.

All Yorubas are ritualist!

All the names listed on the Ogwugwu Okija shrine register are Igbo names���
That doesn't make all Igbos to be ritualists.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Engrpj(m): 12:52am On Feb 09, 2020
AlhajiImam:
If only she can embrace Islam and be a Muslim dressed in full hijab, we will do her more good unlike their people who are heartless and careless.

We are accommodating and peaceful people

People like you are the enemy of the State... Did the governor ask her to be a muslim.before promoting her? You will never be a Leader in your life Rubbish
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Babacele: 1:51am On Feb 09, 2020
GMbuharii:

Good. We are also looking forward to the Hausa woman and women/men from other tribes will come to he east and buy lands,invest, apply job teaching jobs,spend such long years,etc.

God bless Nigeria

Lzaa immhotep
You think there are no such folks in Abia? ....No matter their station in life, let's provide the atmosphere that encourages such national camaraderieship.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Victorex001(m): 2:02am On Feb 09, 2020
johntolu:

All the names listed on the Ogwugwu Okija shrine register, are Igbo names���

You should read where the comment came from...

We could do round digging up skull mining threads...you know Ogun and Osun State is the hub...lmao
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Babacele: 2:07am On Feb 09, 2020
dfrost:

When I referred to unpopular tribe, I was referring to the way they are attacked everywhere in the national space. Even here on NL. Whether from them or not from them, they is no soothing words to say Igbos are popular tribe in Nigeria.

That aside, let's live in peace. Shalom.
that 'attack' is in your head for ' igbo' is the most loved tribe in Nigeria. If they are really hated the way your mind imagines, they shouldn't be in every towns and villages outside the southeast. Please let us forget the events that led us to the civil war . The hate in the pains of reliving the war with its questionable narratives won't do us all any good. Haven't the tribe risen above the ashes of war within the Nigerian space with the cooperation of all? Isn't this Borno example a tip of the several Igbo employed in the state civil services all over the country outside the SE? Same thing with the private sector. Do you call that ' attack'?
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Babacele: 2:11am On Feb 09, 2020
awa:

Until you have an Hausa woman that can spend 31 years of her life teaching in a primary school in Abia State with 35k as salary, better not come here and start playing that tribal card.
IGBOS, among all the 3 major tribes, know what it means to unite this country by mixing with all tribes. We travel far and wide, okay....
you are right but we can start by extending an appointment to a ' musa' from Kogi or sokoto as a school messenger.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Babacele: 2:14am On Feb 09, 2020
mushystuff:

I hope you don't expect him to go hailing one selling fura on the streets. This lady has enough qualifications to teach and that's why she's been employed formally till date. How many can we find in Abia state?
There are qualified Nigerians everywhere for different job descriptions .
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Babacele: 2:15am On Feb 09, 2020
chinwezdasilva:
Is T.A Orji the governor of Abia state
' T A Orji ' was metaphor.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Teejay13(m): 3:07am On Feb 09, 2020
A welcome gesture coming from an exceptional leader His excellence Gov. Zulum Babagana.

May Almighty increase you sir.

This is also a lesson to emulate by all other leaders.

We have to be our brother keeper, regardless of our ethnic differences, race or Faith.

God bless you once again sir!
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by SavageMaster: 3:09am On Feb 09, 2020
Babacele:
God bless you sir, Your Excellency. This is the kind of mentality that would make us grow as a nation. I look forward to more of such days ahead when a T.A . Orji would extend such gesture to an Hausa speaking woman in Abia. God bless Nigeria.

Don't turn this to a tribal thread. Governor met the woman as the only person on ground when he came to the school. If she were Hausa or even Yoruba, he would have honoured her all the same.

I repeat: it wasn't about her tribe or religion that she was rewarded, but because of her dedication to duty.

Besides, TA Orji is no longer Abia State Governor, Ok?
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Babacele: 3:20am On Feb 09, 2020
SavageMaster:

Don't turn this to a tribal thread. Governor met the woman as the only person on ground when he came to the school. If she were Hausa or even Yoruba, he would have honoured her all the same.

I repeat: it wasn't about her tribe or religion that she was rewarded, but because of her dedication to duty.

Besides, TA Orji is no longer Abia State Governor, Ok?
Thank you sir and you are right but it was an opportunity to talk to our conscience..... sorry if you read tribal meanings. 'T. A Orji 'was a metaphor.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by BTMkate: 3:49am On Feb 09, 2020
Aremson limited is a business firm, that deals with consultation and strategies using smart tools and global resource to understand our client choice

We are recruiting smart and intelligent individuals

* Secretary
* Front desk officer
* Personal assistant
* HR assistant
* Facility officer
* Factory Manager

Salary: Very attractive

Application deadline
28th of February 2020

Method of application
Interested candidate should send their CV using the post they applied for as subject to Aremsonlimited@gmail.com
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by ugohenry2019(m): 5:42am On Feb 09, 2020
i am beginning to think this zulum of a guy will do better than than aminu of sokoto state if become president
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by wanger50(m): 5:53am On Feb 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I didn't hear level 12...you guys lie a lot.

She said NCE...which she obtained as far as 2002.

How is 2002 recent to you..

Nigeria a country full of people bending the truth.
The transcript have been published on the personal Facebook page of the governor. If you really wanna know.You can search for "Prof Zulum" on fb or rather "Governor of Borno state"
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by ibidapko(m): 8:39am On Feb 09, 2020
NoTire:
Prof Babagana Umaru Zulum. MNI, Executive Governor Of Borno State makes an Abia state woman teaching in Borno state primary school's career worthwhile, prays and promises to take care of her after retirement.

The primary one class teacher just got blessed for her dedication. Bethren, It doesn't take God anything to bless you. Now we could see the next SA on primary school affairs or even a supervisor on the primary school projects. Keep faith, keep committed. There is no night in the heavens where Allah lives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23DIEjzIqs8

Listen to him:

https://www.facebook.com/Prof-Babagana-Umara-Zulum-mni-1913582715373775/
My dear governor, what were you doing in the school by 6.30am when the official resumption time is 8 o'clock?

From my experience during my employment in the bank and civil service; any staff that comes to work far too early is either "running from something" OR "running to meet up with some extracurricular activities in the office before resumption time"

Abi Mr governor, you did not sleep at home and you were looking for an excuse to give her Excellency? I WAS ON SPECIAL ON-THE-SITE INSPECTION THROUGHOUT THE NIGHT!?

And for the woman; did you bother to find out why she decided to come to school so early? The reason could just have been that her residence is far away from the school and she had to leave home early to catch up with transport (talk to Lagos bankers that live at Mowe and work in Lagos Island) OR that she was running from some wahala at home.

Mr dear governor, you just wanted to score a cheap political PR point, that's all I see to it.

My regards to her excellency!
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Akuruoulo(m): 8:50am On Feb 09, 2020
God bless zulum
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by tomdon(m): 11:08am On Feb 09, 2020
Rubbish reward. Just 100k and empty promise and false hope with nothing to back it up
I don't see it coming from the heart.
If it was a Muslim woman he met in such situation, he would've given her a house.
What he did is basic gesture requiring no second thought. He could've taken up her welfare henceforth if she was truly appreciated
Even the most wicked of humans wouldn't do less.

But why do political office holders carry round bail of mint notes and disburse cash at will to curry Goodwill. Where do they account for such cos it's not from their salary but from the state treasury
This country is a shithole
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Westernlove: 11:14am On Feb 09, 2020
Can there ever be Total PEACE & LOVE In this world. I return all glory to you Almighty GOD the unquestionable, the all knowing and the master of the universe. It's been a while I've been so emotional as I am right now.

Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Rawtruth1: 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
anigbajumo:

Lol,u av not seen anything yet.Babajide Otitoju of Tvc news mentioned his achievements and I do my research and found out he is the only governor in history of Nigeria to embark on 120 projects in 100 days in office.If u see this guy achievements bro,No Governor has ever done what he has done in few months in office.He served as commissioner for eight years supervising projects worth billions of Naira and never build any mansion in Borno or Abuja,his students in his department can testify on Twitter about his simplicity.The man is a rare gem and difficult to find such person in present Nigeria political atmosphere.He is presently trending on Twitter,u will still see many things about him.
Wow. God bless him
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by GMbuharii: 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
Babacele:
You think there are no such folks in Abia? ....No matter their station in life, let's provide the atmosphere that encourages such national camaraderieship.

You can bring your life savings to Umuahia or Ngua to invest,buy land,they will welcome you with wide open arms,just come

Lzaa immhotep
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Babacele: 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
GMbuharii:

You can bring your life savings to Umuahia or Ngua to invest,buy land,they will welcome you with wide open arms,just come

Lzaa immhotep
grin
OK sir but I have a family in Ohafia.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by GMbuharii: 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2020
Babacele:
you are right but we can start by extending an appointment to a ' musa' from Kogi or sokoto as a school messenger.

No problemo,just applied for the messenger job and see if you will not be employed ASAP.

I trust your story to trend on here

lzaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by samuelson06(m): 2:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
NoTire:
thanks lot

You're welcome. Hustle legit. Persist. You go make am.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by LZAA: 4:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
GMbuharii:

No problemo,just applied for the messenger job and see if you will not be employed ASAP.

I trust your story to trend on here

lzaa
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by xpmode(m): 7:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
The woman went to school early to pray for the safety of the school pupils and staff. Now she is rewarded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Caseless: 2:40am On Feb 10, 2020
Simplyleo:

Really?

In the light of what her people keep posting on social media, is this still possible? grin

persecution of igbo kilistain in the north.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Caseless: 2:42am On Feb 10, 2020
Babacele:
God bless you sir, Your Excellency. This is the kind of mentality that would make us grow as a nation. I look forward to more of such days ahead when a T.A . Orji would extend such gesture to an Hausa speaking woman in Abia. God bless Nigeria.
they can never do that.
Re: Governor Zulum Surprises Obiageri Mazi, Igbo Woman Teaching In Borno For 31Years by Babacele: 5:02am On Feb 10, 2020
Caseless:
they can never do that.
never say never.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Floors Buhari Inside Aso Rock Polling Unit / Major-General Farouk Yahaya Poses In His Office (Pictured) / Bukola Saraki Appointed Ambassador-At-Large International Human Right Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.