Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,880 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Events Of The Great Tribulation - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Events Of The Great Tribulation (12143 Views)

Will Great Tribulation Take Place Before The Rapture? / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / The Biblically Estimated Time Of Rapture : Mid -tribulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Lamanii22(f): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
liverpool72:
Dear what will be wil be.
just surrender ur life to Christ and u never remain the same.
Jesus is coming back again.

I already gave my life to Jesus... Jesus didn't ask anyone to preach about his second coming... He never gave anyone that job... He only said "preach the gospel all through the ends of the earth"...
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Akpan107(m): 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
AntiChristian:
As for the Christians whose aim is to tell lies on Islam let their Bible curse them.

May the curse of telling lies from your Bible be on you

Proverbs 19:5
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will not escape. (You will be punished and won't escape)

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Revelation 21:8
But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Proverbs 19:9
A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who breathes out lies will perish. (You will perish with your likes)

Exodus 20:16
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

Colossians 3:9
Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices

Proverbs 12:22
Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight. (You all become an abomination for your lies)

Just say Aamin if you're truthful!

Your name on Nairaland (Anti-CHRIST-ian) reminds me of one hadith of your Prophet in
Sunan Abu Daud
Book 39, Hadith 30

He said, if you are confused about the dajjal (Anti-christ) know that, he's

*Short
*Hen-toed
*Woolly-haired
*One-eyed
*Eye-sightless

Your prophet was afraid you may not differentiate between Allah and Anti-christ

So he said, Allah has two eyes and not one eyed like the dajjal, that means, on that day

The difference between your god and dajjal is the eyes.

You're an Anti-Christ and on that day, you will be placed where you belong.

Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by AntiChristian: 2:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
greatermeme:
Religious bigot. Of all the usenames on earth, you chose antiCHRIST/ian

Why you no like am?

And must every one be for Christ?
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Finallydead: 2:16pm On Feb 09, 2020
Deleted
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Sunnyvision(m): 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
paxonel:
how do you know that this persecution of saint was going to happen in the future?
Did that scripture says anywhere that it was going to happen in the future?

Well, on the contrary see when Jesus says all the things he was talking about in Matthew 24 is going to happen.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

That's what he told them. That, that their generation of 2000 years ago will not past until all those things are fulfilled.

Matthew 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. In clarification, the previously listed signs will continue to multiply throughout the church age and reach their ultimate climax at the end of the age in the generation of those who will live to see the entire matter fulfilled in their lifetime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by AntiChristian: 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
advocatejare:

Oh i so much love this Bible verses you've quoted, the vices highlighted there best describe Muhammad

Muhammad was a liar, he encouraged his followers to lie, he was a murderer. He encouraged his followers to murder. He was a bad role model. He plagiarized the scriptures and lied that a jinn was the one that told him, he fabricated revelations to suit his agenda

Sahih Bukhari 5:59:369
Narrated By Jabir bin 'Abdullah
Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon Muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes,"

Muhammad bin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it."
Then Muhammad bin Maslama went to Kab and said, "That man (i.e. Muhammad demands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Kab said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!"

Sahih Bukhari 5:59:370
Narrated By Al-Bara bin Azib
Allah's Apostle sent a group of persons to Abu Rafi. Abdullah bin Atik entered his house at night, while he was sleeping, and killed him.

Muhammad practiced idolatry, he kissed the Blackstone and did all what the pagans did

Muhammad was sexually immoral. He snatched the wife of his adopted son. He encouraged fornication for his followers under the guise of temporary marriage called Mut'a

Judging by the Bible verses you quoted above, and the evidence that Muhammad committed all those sins, it's glaring now that Muhammad's wish has been granted, to have his place reserved in Hell among the highest companion of Satan that he worshipped.

You need to first condemn Yahweh first before Muhammad.

Numbers
Chapter 31
7-12

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. 8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. 9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. 10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. 11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. 12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

I wonder what Christians have to say about this? Using their own criteria against them this makes their God a false violent God. So once again Christians should not throw stones if they live in a glass house.

17-18
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

What do Christians have to say to this? This is their God commanding Moses to kill the women and CHILDREN and to keep the virgins alive.

There is no excuse here! None! He was not forgiving and merciful at all.
Keep virgins alive for yourself is similar to what BH is doing with Chibok girls and other girls they kidnapped.
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Finallydead: 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
paxonel:
the choosen one it is talking about were the disciples of Jesus. They went through hell following Christ walking through the wilderness from their cities to Jerusalem where Jesus was to be crucified.
[s]They walked through the wilderness(,desert without food and water) and that is the great tribulation Christ was talking about.
That is what Daniel prophesied
the chosen ones were the disciples, they went through that great tribulation in the desert with Christ without food and water. [/s]
I'm not going to stress this except you're objective about it and willing to improve your knowledge. First @the bolded is only a fictitious lie. I dont know if you're a believer at all but you should be careful with whatever you believe. Second, not only is your explanation obviously faulty and clumsy for a 'great tribulation' but the context of Mat24 is clearly about the return of the Lord from heaven to earth and unfolding and preceding events as shown here. Take special note of v29 that calls these events the 'tribulation' and also what happens immediately after(the judgement of the heavens and the Lord's return v30)
Matthew 24:26-31
[26]Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
[27]For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
[28]For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
[29]Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
[30]And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
[31]And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

I'm not even going into what Daniel prophesied because the Lord mentioned it here and its in Dan12. Go read and understand and except you're a twister of scriptures it will be clear in Dan12:10-12 that the tribulation(v1) and the daily sacrifice are concurrent events with the resurrection in Dan12:2
no!
This scripture is talking about resurrection of the dead not rapture.
Logically they were all concerned about the Lord's return because that was what the early church was waiting for and Paul addressed the preceeding signs without any mention of the rapture. It is we today that teach otherwise.
antichrists were there long even before Christ was crucified.
I will tell you Antichrists were.
The people who arrested Jesus and crucified him were antichrists.
People who persecute Christians in bible days were antichrists, even Paul was one of them until his way to Damascus.
Mr., look at the scripture again and stop mischieviously twisting scriptures to peddle falsehood. There is a difference between antichrist s and the man of sin, the AntiChrist(Beast) just as there is a difference between Christ and Christians.
can anyone develop his spirituality under ignorance of the scripture?
I don't think it is possible.
Most Nigerian Christians are ignorant of scriptures how can they develop their spirituality?
You should be careful not to accuse others of what you may be guilty of.

1 Like

Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by liverpool72(m): 2:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
Lamanii22:

I already gave my life to Jesus... Jesus didn't ask anyone to preach about his second coming... He never gave anyone that job... He only said "preach the gospel all through the ends of the earth"...
Dear,thw problem u have now is u not ready for commitment.But wether u do or not it will not change the stand of God on repentance, salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, preaching the gospel and imminent Return Of Jesus Christ.
Don't be deceive he is coming back to take his own home
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Lamanii22(f): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
liverpool72:
Dear,thw problem u have now is u not ready for commitment.But wether u do or not it will not change the stand of God on repentance, salvation, sanctification, Holy Ghost baptism, preaching the gospel and imminent Return Of Jesus Christ.
Don't be deceive he is coming back to take his own home

I'm not disputing the fact that Jesus is coming again... All I am saying is the gospel isn't the same as jesus' coming back.... What he asked you to preach is the gospel.. The good news... Not scaring people with the second coming... In fact the second coming cannot be now because the gospel has not gone round the whole earth... Sir... Kindly preach the good news about Jesus christ .. How he is gonna save one from eternal damnation... Thank you...
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Legendguru: 4:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
Hmm
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Bahddo(m): 4:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
Lamanii22:

I'm not disputing the fact that Jesus is coming again... All I am saying is the gospel isn't the same as jesus' coming back.... What he asked you to preach is the gospel.. The good news... Not scaring people with the second coming... In fact the second coming cannot be now because the gospel has not gone round the whole earth... Sir... Kindly preach the good news about Jesus christ .. How he is gonna save one from eternal damnation... Thank you...
there's no good news without bad. Jesus himself talked a lot about stuff that would happen to people, good and bad. He himself foretold that there would be a great tribulation so bad that it has to be cut short so the chosen ones can survive. So how is it you say people should not talk about it? Are you Jesus? His secretary?

The good news is that Jesus as king of his father's kingdom would end all evil (and there would be scary signs that show it is near), but that is bad news for those determined to be wicked. On what side you are, really depends on you.

The fact that you don't preach doesn't mean the message hasn't gone round. I see people preaching even in very remote areas.
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by DavidEsq(m): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2020
APOSTLECHUMA:
TO KNOW HOW CLOSE WE ARE TO RAPTURE, KEEP YOUR EYES ON ISRAEL AS THEY ARE GOD'S CALENDAR TO THE GENTILES. THEY WERE THE ORIGINAL BRANCH BUT WERE CUT OFF FROM GOD'S PROGRAM AND WE WERE GRAFTED IN. THEY WERE ALSO SCATTERED THROUGH OUT THE WORLD TO ALLOW GOD THE TIME TO WORK WITH THE GENTILES. GOD HOWEVER PROMISED TO RETURN THEM TO THEIR HOME LAND AFTER 2000 YEARS TO RECONNECT THEM TO HIS PLAN OF SALVATION AND THEY RETURNED 1948. TO BEGIN TEMPLE WORSHIP, THEY NEED TO REBUILD THEIR TEMPLE BUT AL AQSA MOSQUE IS PRESENTLY STANDING WHERE THEIR TEMPLE USED TO BE WHICH MEANS THAT IT MUST BE DESTROYED AS ACTS 15:13-16 SAID THAT THE TEMPLE WILL BE REBUILT. THE DESTRUCTION OF THE MOSQUE WILL LEAD TO A GLOBAL RELIGIOUS WAR THAT WIL TAKE THE 3RD PART OF HUMANITY AS GOD SAID, SO RAPTURE TAKES PLACE A LITTLE BEFORE ISRAEL BLOWS UP THE MOSQUE OF OMAR. THIS IS SO CLOSE BECAUSE AFTER TRUMP,UN WILL NOT ACCEPT JERUSALEM AS THE INDIVISIBLE CAPITAL OF ISRAEL AND WILL GIVE THE EASTERN SIDE TO PALESTINIANS,THEN WIL COME THE TROUBLE. RAPTURE IS NOT FAR BUT HERE AS ISRAELIS ARE BACK AND READY TO RETAKE THEIR TEMPLE SITE AND MUSLIMS KNOW WHILE CHRISTIANS DONT BECAUSE OF MODERN CRIMINALS WE HAVE AS PASTORS WHO DONT CARE ABOUT PREACHING THE TRUTH AND ARE ONLY BUSY STEALING THEIR MEMBERS DRY. EVERY AVERAGE MUSLIM ON EARTH HAS GOT AK-47 OR A REVOLVER DEPENDING ON WHICH PART OF THE WORLD HE LIVES AND THOSE GUNS ARE SHARED UNTO THEM FREE IN PREPARATION FOR THE BATTLE OVER JERUSALEM. FULANI HERDSMEN CAUSE TROUBLE HERE WIT THE ONES THE RECEIVED AS A RESULT OF LACK OF PATIENCE TO WAIT UNTO THE JERUSALEM BATTLE. 070 5414 2412
U are smoking something stronger than what OP is smoking

1 Like

Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by advocatejare(m): 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

You need to first condemn Yahweh first before Muhammad.

Numbers
Chapter 31
7-12

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males. 8 And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword. 9 And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods. 10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire. 11 And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts. 12 And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

I wonder what Christians have to say about this? Using their own criteria against them this makes their God a false violent God. So once again Christians should not throw stones if they live in a glass house.

17-18
17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

What do Christians have to say to this? This is their God commanding Moses to kill the women and CHILDREN and to keep the virgins alive.

There is no excuse here! None! He was not forgiving and merciful at all.
Keep virgins alive for yourself is similar to what BH is doing with Chibok girls and other girls they kidnapped.
Moses worshipped Yahweh. Muhammad claimed he was following the religion of Moses and the God of Moses, so condemn Yahweh and you're condemning the God Muhammad claimed he was worshipping.

Accept that Muhammad never worshipped the God Moses worshipped, then we can start from there.
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by AntiChristian: 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
advocatejare:

Moses worshipped Yahweh. Muhammad claimed he was following the religion of Moses and the God of Moses, so condemn Yahweh and you're condemning the God Muhammad claimed he was worshipping.

Accept that Muhammad never worshipped the God Moses worshipped, then we can start from there.

Condemn Yahweh first. Keep mute of you can't.

You claimed Muhammad was worshiping jinn before but now he worships Yahweh.

Is Yahweh a Jinn? Evolving liar!

I no even talk to you!
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by advocatejare(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2020
AntiChristian:

Condemn Yahweh first. Keep mute of you can't.

You claimed Muhammad was worshiping jinn before but now he worships Yahweh.

Is Yahweh a Jinn? Evolving liar!

I no even talk to you!
You're getting it mixed up.

There are irrefutable evidence that Muhammad was possessed and tormented by Jinns and that he was an idolater.

But you Muslims believe that Islam is the religion of Moses, Abraham, Adam and the likes, and we know that Moses worshipped Yahweh.

Now if your belief is that Muhammad worshipped the same God Moses worshipped, then that's where our next discussion is going towards.

But if don't believe that Muhammad worshipped the same God Moses worshipped, then that means you have agreed that your Quran is a book of lies and fabrications
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by SIRKAY98(m): 7:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
We all agree there is only one satan.

But whybare we having different religion?
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Nobody: 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2020
The end is here already. The remaining days left could be likened to when we shut down our laptop in the dark and in the course of shutting down, we still see the light on the screen, meanwhile the light is short-lived and would soon go off. We tend to be deceived when we feel the light seen on the laptop screen would last long enough to illuminate the surroundings and we can use the opportunity to quickly arrange our files or look for our phone before it finally goes off...

1 Like

Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Goovo(m): 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
Lamanii22:

then wat is the gospel
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Lamanii22(f): 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
Goovo:
then wat is the gospel

Gospel in simple terms means good news... It is about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus' christ and that anyone who believes will not perish but have eternal life... That simple and yet people find it so hard to believe... Because it is too simple...
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Goovo(m): 9:09pm On Feb 09, 2020
Lamanii22:

Gospel in simple terms means good news... It is about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus' christ and that anyone who believes will not perish but have eternal life... That simple and yet people find it so hard to believe... Because it is too simple...
Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 9:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
Finallydead:

Mat24 is clearly about the return of the Lord from heaven to earth and unfolding and preceding events as shown here.
point of correction, not "return" but "coming of the lord "
The Jews were waiting for the coming of the Messiah which he came to die and resurrect 2000 years of which many Jews today are still waiting for his coming, unknown to them he has already come and died.
Now what else do you want?
A fictious fly of saints in the sky to heaven ?
Una go wait tire, don't go and think of how to be useful to this world and humanity, keep waiting for a fake doctrine of rapture that is not real or scriptural.

This modern day that there is technological advancement people are going to moon to make research, Africa is still lagging behind in terms of development waiting for rapture.
Una go wait tire grin

You think you can fool God?

Matthew 24:26-31
[26]Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
i have told you, as at that time the Jews were waiting for the coming of Christ.
Many of them never thought that the Jesus they saw carrying out miracles healing people in those days was the Christ they were waiting for. Some of them thought he will come through a secret chamber or he will be in the desert or something

[27]For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west;
this is just a figurative statement of Christ like a parable : it means the journey(movement) of Christ and his disciples like the direction of a thunder from galilee(east of Israel) to Jerusalem(west of Israel) where Christ was to be crucified.(some of these revised standard version of the bible with maps will explain this better)

See, when you read certain aspect of the bible like this, put on your spiritual thinking capacity, don't read these kind of scriptures as if you are reading a text book or you will be so lost.

The bottom-line I'm telling you is, Christ journey with his disiples through the desert to Jerusalem(if you are conversant with the story), his death and resurrection at Jerusalem has finished everything, don't expect anything again.

THAT VERY JOURNEY IN THE DESERT WAS THE GREAT TRIBULATION.

You are now expecting rapture, I don't know where the ancient catholic Roman empire got that one from?
Certainly not the bible.

[28]For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
this is another parable now.
You know what carcase is?
It means dead corpse.
When there is a dead corpse in the desert you will see all these scavengers like vultures gathering around it.
That was how the great tribulation was.
There were over 5000 disciples who eat five bread and two fishes gathering around Jesus Christ in the desert. All of them heading towards Jerusalem, THAT WAS THE GREAT TRIBULATION.

[29]Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
this explains what happened at the end the journey(at the end of the tribulation) when Jesus and his disciples eventually arived Jerusalem. He was crucified and the stars fell from heaven(meaning, there was darkness.
The powers of the heavens was shaken(meaning, there was earthquake)

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; AND THE EARTH DID QUAKE and the rocks rent;

[30]And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:
the sign here refers to Jesus Christ at the cross dying for the sins of mankind.

and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn,
take a look this.

Matthew 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Remember, the centurions were of different tribes from the Jews. They mourned, of a truth this man was the son of God.

and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
this is like a parable.
It means Christ resurrection.
He resurrected with great power and glory

[31]And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
another parable.
It explains what will happen at Pentecost. Act 1:15
The gathering of believers on the day of Pentecost was the first gathering of Christians, about 120 of them.

Mr., look at the scripture again and stop mischieviously twisting scriptures to peddle falsehood.
from what I have posted if you sincere to yourself you will agree with me that the ancient catholic church, missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa and the churches of the old where the ones who twisted scriptures ignorantly and passed them to us as doctrines for us to practice in this generation.
Little wonder the church of today is not utilizing their power given to them by Christ all because of these ignorance.
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Finallydead: 1:25am On Feb 10, 2020
paxonel:
The Jews were waiting for the coming of the Messiah which he came to die and resurrect 2000 years of which many Jews today are still waiting for his coming, unknown to them he has already come and died.
Una go wait tire, don't go and think of how to be useful to this world and humanity, keep waiting for a fake doctrine of rapture that is not real or scriptural.

This modern day that there is technological advancement people are going to moon to make research, Africa is still lagging behind in terms of development waiting for rapture.
Una go wait tire grin

i have told you, as at that time the Jews were waiting for the coming of Christ.
Many of them never thought that the Jesus they saw carrying out miracles healing people in those days was the Christ they were waiting for. Some of them thought he will come through a secret chamber or he will be in the desert or something
this is just a figurative statement of Christ like a parable : it means the journey(movement) of Christ and his disciples like the direction of a thunder from galilee(east of Israel) to Jerusalem(west of Israel) where Christ was to be crucified.(some of these revised standard version of the bible with maps will explain this better)

See, when you read certain aspect of the bible like this, put on your spiritual thinking capacity, don't read these kind of scriptures as if you are reading a text book or you will be so lost.

The bottom-line I'm telling you is, Christ journey with his disiples through the desert to Jerusalem(if you are conversant with the story), his death and resurrection at Jerusalem has finished everything, don't expect anything again.

You are now expecting rapture, I don't know where the ancient catholic Roman empire got that one from?
Certainly not the bible.

It means dead corpse.
When there is a dead corpse in the desert you will see all these scavengers like vultures gathering around it.
There were over 5000 disciples who eat five bread and two fishes gathering around Jesus Christ in the desert. All of them heading towards Jerusalem, THAT WAS THE GREAT TRIBULATION.
this explains what happened at the end the journey(at the end of the tribulation) when Jesus and his disciples eventually arived Jerusalem. He was crucified and the stars fell from heaven(meaning, there was darkness.

Matthew 27:51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; AND THE EARTH DID QUAKE and the rocks rent;
the sign here refers to Jesus Christ at the cross dying for the sins of mankind.
take a look this.

Matthew 27:54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Remember, the centurions were of different tribes from the Jews. They mourned, of a truth this man was the son of God.
this is like a parable.
another parable.
The gathering of believers on the day of Pentecost was the first gathering of Christians, about 120 of them.
from what I have posted if you sincere to yourself you will agree with me that the ancient catholic church, missionaries who brought Christianity to Africa and the churches of the old where the ones who twisted scriptures ignorantly and passed them to us as doctrines for us to practice in this generation.
Little wonder the church of today is not utilizing their power given to them by Christ all because of these ignorance.
Don't mention me again. I have no time for mischief and obnoxious sporting.

1 Like

Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by MistadeRegal(m): 4:45am On Feb 10, 2020
The Great Tribulation is "before" not "after" the reception of the saints.
Study your Bible better.
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Nelochukwu: 4:59am On Feb 10, 2020
paxonel:

Una go wait tire grin

Certainly not the bible.

It means dead corpse.

take a look this.

this is like a parable.
another parable.

My man. You have wickedly perverted the gospel cheesy. It will be a waste of time to try n educate you as I see you r aet in this foolishness.

Know something though, that day will come as a thief in the night. Truthfully, for everyman the end is at his physical death because it is ordained for man to die once afterwhich, judgement but there is actually a second coming of Yeshua in which the earth shall be destroyed and judged. That doctrine was preached all through the epistles and early church. They yearned for it.

How can the disciples be asking Yeshua for the sign of His coming when He was already there present with them cool. Does that even make sense to you? It's obviously another coming not the perversion displayed in your post.

The gospel is not a gospel without the message of the end of the world. But I dont expect you to understand this things. It's good to develope Africa cheesy. The world has been developing since Sumeria so nothing new. The world will pass away with its lusts. Pls do not be deceived.

We r in that tribulation for if you think the great tribulation is as a result of lacking bread and water in the desert then truly ur god is ur belly as you assume the kingdom of God is in meat and drink grin. Watch as things unfold in this world. Develope all you want, the end is near. Men were developing while Noah was saving his life. At the end we shall know the truth cheesy

This your post right here, is wicked and demonic my friend grin
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 7:57am On Feb 10, 2020
Finallydead:

Don't mention me again. I have no time for mischief and obnoxious sporting.
at first i wasn't the one who mentioned you what's my business with you? grin

But one thing i know for sure is, the day you decided to pick your bible and read the whole book of Matthew all through to the end in a bid to have a clear understanding of what conspired when Jesus was was on earth, you will remember everything i posted here.

Don't mention me again o
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by lucky4west: 12:16pm On Feb 10, 2020
the time of the great tribulation or rapture is not the issue, how are you living your life? what are you doing with Jesus? his offer of salvation? the only way to heaven? are you born again? living a sincere christian life? because before any of the aforementioned events occur death may come and it does not give notice....accept Jesus unconditionally and daily follow his instructions
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 12:33pm On Feb 10, 2020
Nelochukwu:

My man. You have wickedly perverted the gospel cheesy.
grin grin grin

A review of what we practice in the name of region can never he avoided.
The truth is, our modern day doctrines are terribly flawed, you will discover this when you read the whole new testament from Matthew to revelation and draw out a conclusion.

It will be a waste of time to try n educate you as I see you r aet in this foolishness.
no! It's never waste of time.
Pick just one aspect of how i explained those scriptures and prove me wrong with it by giving an alternative explanation that relate to the who story behind the life of Jesus on earth.
Just one grin

The truth is, you will not be able to do it because you have never read the book of Matthew from the beginning to the end and draw out a summary.

I have read through the book of Matthew a number of times and I'm still seeing the same summary. Which is, Jesus took a journey from Galilee to Jerusalem with his disciples, and nothing can change that truth.

Know something though, that day will come as a thief in the night.
there is a scripture that Christ mentioned thief in the night.
Go back to that scripture, come back and tell me what Jesus meant by thief in the night grin

See, Nigerians are terribly confused people.

If you travel abroad, the way white men understand this bible is totally different. These whitemen, they are so intelligent.
The truth is, Africans have been played, they have been subjected to some kind of a mental slavery all because may be we can't read.

Some school of thought says if you want to hide information to Africans, write it in a book and give to him, he will not read it grin

That thing appear to be so true

Truthfully, for everyman the end is at his physical death because it is ordained for man to die once afterwhich, judgement
this is exactly the truth you have just spoken.
But when you say a lie, i will tell you it is a lie because i will know grin

but there is actually a second coming of Yeshua in which the earth shall be destroyed and judged.
now you have spoken a lie that the earth will be destroyed grin
How do i know it is a lie?

Read Matthew 13:24-30

Not that in that parable the farm was not destroyed simply because any enemy came to sow tares among the seed. Infact both the tares and the seed were allowed to grow together after which the seeds were separated from the tares. The field itself wasn't destroyed.
The field in that parable represent the world.

That doctrine was preached all through the epistles and early church. They yearned for it.
that was era of slavery where people never had access to quality education.
That kinda ignorance is not sustainable anymore this generation that there is education, knowledge and understanding.
How can the disciples be asking Yeshua for the sign of His coming when He was already there present with them cool. Does that even make sense to you?
I'm telling you that what the disciples was thinking when they asked Jesus that question in Matthew 24 is totally different from what we are thinking today.

Do you know that the disciples and Israel at large were expecting the coming of the Messiah who they expected to come and save them because they were in bondage of the Roman empire at that time?
No, if you say what I'm telling you now I'm lying, prove me wrong with a scripture grin

It's obviously another coming not the perversion displayed in your post.
we have been mislead to think that it is another coming. But if you have ever read the whole book of Matthew and summize, you will discover that it's another thing entirely.

What the bible meant by second coming is the day we die. This is the day Jesus is coming the second time to judge us.

It is appointed once for men to die after that, judgement.

The gospel is not a gospel without the message of the end of the world.
the end of the world is the day you die.
Everyone have different date their individual world will end, that is the day Jesus will come the second coming to judge

But I dont expect you to understand this things. It's good to develope Africa cheesy.
why will you develop what you think will be destroyed someday, does that make sense? grin

You see why Africans are lagging behind in development?
Because they don't see the need.

The world has been developing since Sumeria so nothing new. The world will pass away with its lusts. Pls do not be deceived.
I agree it is nothing new, but development is progressive. Sometimes it take a very long time to achieve and the civilization achieved can be destroyed in one day, yet there will always be succession, It will be rebuild

This your post right here, is wicked and demonic my friend grin
the mandate God gave to mankind when he created man was to replenish this earth and subdue it.
Christ died and resurrected to restore the glory Adam and eve lost, all to help man live on this earth forever and pursue that same mandate of replenish this earth.

Infact, whether you like it or not we are all into that same mandate that's why you find yourself going to school, acquiring knowledge and getting a job which may include building construction, town planning and environmental reclamation.

I tell you what is demonic, anything that is against this mandate is demonic.
When you see boko haram reading Quran that they should kill infidel and they find themselves killing, maiming and destroying, that is demonic.
When a Christian reads bible and all he sees is craving for the end of the world containing the effort and achiements of mankind, meanwhile his mandate was suppose to replenish the world rather than ending it,Then that is the most demonic thing ever grin
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by PrincewithGod(m): 3:03pm On Feb 10, 2020
Lamanii22:
Y'all stop scaring people with tribulations... Just preach the gospel.. That's what Jesus said.. He didn't send anyone to talk about end times...

The gospel is all about what?
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by PrincewithGod(m): 3:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
Lamanii22:

Sorry, I didn't see this before my previous post. What you have said is the truth but not the whole truth. The gospel is also about warning people about the end of time and get them prepared for it.
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by Nelochukwu: 5:39pm On Feb 10, 2020
paxonel:
grin grin grin

A review of what we practice in the name of region can never he avoided.
The truth is, our modern day doctrines are terribly flawed, you will discover this when you read the whole new testament from Matthew to revelation and draw out a conclusion.
no! It's never waste of time.
Pick just one aspect of how i explained those scriptures and prove me wrong with it by giving an alternative explanation that relate to the who story behind the life of Jesus on earth.
Just one grin

The truth is, you will not be able to do it because you have never read the book of Matthew from the beginning to the end and draw out a summary.

I have read through the book of Matthew a number of times and I'm still seeing the same summary. Which is, Jesus took a journey from Galilee to Jerusalem with his disciples, and nothing can change that truth.
there is a scripture that Christ mentioned thief in the night.
Go back to that scripture, come back and tell me what Jesus meant by thief in the night grin

See, Nigerians are terribly confused people.

If you travel abroad, the way white men understand this bible is totally different. These whitemen, they are so intelligent.
The truth is, Africans have been played, they have been subjected to some kind of a mental slavery all because may be we can't read.

Some school of thought says if you want to hide information to Africans, write it in a book and give to him, he will not read it grin

That thing appear to be so true
this is exactly the truth you have just spoken.
But when you say a lie, i will tell you it is a lie because i will know grin
now you have spoken a lie that the earth will be destroyed grin
How do i know it is a lie?

Read Matthew 13:24-30

Not that in that parable the farm was not destroyed simply because any enemy came to sow tares among the seed. Infact both the tares and the seed were allowed to grow together after which the seeds were separated from the tares. The field itself wasn't destroyed.
The field in that parable represent the world.
that was era of slavery where people never had access to quality education.
That kinda ignorance is not sustainable anymore this generation that there is education, knowledge and understanding.
I'm telling you that what the disciples was thinking when they asked Jesus that question in Matthew 24 is totally different from what we are thinking today.

Do you know that the disciples and Israel at large were expecting the coming of the Messiah who they expected to come and save them because they were in bondage of the Roman empire at that time?
No, if you say what I'm telling you now I'm lying, prove me wrong with a scripture grin
we have been mislead to think that it is another coming. But if you have ever read the whole book of Matthew and summize, you will discover that it's another thing entirely.

What the bible meant by second coming is the day we die. This is the day Jesus is coming the second time to judge us.

It is appointed once for men to die after that, judgement.
the end of the world is the day you die.
Everyone have different date their individual world will end, that is the day Jesus will come the second coming to judge
why will you develop what you think will be destroyed someday, does that make sense? grin

You see why Africans are lagging behind in development?
Because they don't see the need.
I agree it is nothing new, but development is progressive. Sometimes it take a very long time to achieve and the civilization achieved can be destroyed in one day, yet there will always be succession, It will be rebuild
the mandate God gave to mankind when he created man was to replenish this earth and subdue it.
Christ died and resurrected to restore the glory Adam and eve lost, all to help man live on this earth forever and pursue that same mandate of replenish this earth.

Infact, whether you like it or not we are all into that same mandate that's why you find yourself going to school, acquiring knowledge and getting a job which may include building construction, town planning and environmental reclamation.

I tell you what is demonic, anything that is against this mandate is demonic.
When you see boko haram reading Quran that they should kill infidel and they find themselves killing, maiming and destroying, that is demonic.
When a Christian reads bible and all he sees is craving for the end of the world containing the effort and achiements of mankind, meanwhile his mandate was suppose to replenish the world rather than ending it,Then that is the most demonic thing ever grin

You clearly are a carnal christain. Taught to set his mind on earthly things. For you not to know the doctrine means you have been deceived. 1 John 2 vs 17 clearly tells us the world is passing away with its lusts. 2 Peter 3 vs 10-12. 2 Peter 3:9-12 [i]The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.

That scripture clearly tells us that the earth will be destroyed cheesy. Colossians 3 vs 2 tells us to set our mind on things above not on things on the earth.

My man, Christians have been deceived. The whole gospel is hinged on the groom returning for His bride.mattew 13 vs 39 tells us that the harvest is the end of the world grin.

The earth will be destroyed like In the days of Noah along with all your technology and development as it's all man made.the people of old were developed for their time infact some of their technology is still being used. Or do you think they lived in caves? Man has been building and developing since sumeria. In fact in the next 400 years of the earth tarries, that generation will look back at us and wonder how we lived with little technology because of their own advancement in same

You r a carnal beleiver whose thinks God came to give him a carnal kingdom. Yes God gave Adam a mandate to dominate the earth but it wasn't to dominate ourselves but animals. Beside if you claim to dominate go and enter a lions den. Or dont you know part of the commandments given was that we rule over animals and not be scared of them? Also, God told Adam to eat the herbs and not animals and He also told animals to eat herbs and not themselves. Y will you pick only d dominate part and leave the rest?

The world is going to be destroyed. Things will get worse. Evil will thrive. This will continue until the end. The tribulation started in the apostles time as Yeshua said it will during their generation with the destruction of the temple which they witnessed.

Keep dominating bro and acquiring earthly possessions cheesy
Re: Events Of The Great Tribulation by paxonel(m): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2020
Nelochukwu:

You clearly are a carnal christain. Taught to set his mind on earthly things. For you not to know the doctrine means you have been deceived. 1 John 2 vs 17 clearly tells us the world is passing away with its lusts. 2 Peter 3 vs 10-12. 2 Peter 3:9-12 [i]The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat.

That scripture clearly tells us that the earth will be destroyed cheesy. Colossians 3 vs 2 tells us to set our mind on things above not on things on the earth.

My man, Christians have been deceived. The whole gospel is hinged on the groom returning for His bride.mattew 13 vs 39 tells us that the harvest is the end of the world grin.

The earth will be destroyed like In the days of Noah along with all your technology and development as it's all man made.the people of old were developed for their time infact some of their technology is still being used. Or do you think they lived in caves? Man has been building and developing since sumeria. In fact in the next 400 years of the earth tarries, that generation will look back at us and wonder how we lived with little technology because of their own advancement in same

You r a carnal beleiver whose thinks God came to give him a carnal kingdom. Yes God gave Adam a mandate to dominate the earth but it wasn't to dominate ourselves but animals. Beside if you claim to dominate go and enter a lions den. Or dont you know part of the commandments given was that we rule over animals and not be scared of them? Also, God told Adam to eat the herbs and not animals and He also told animals to eat herbs and not themselves. Y will you pick only d dominate part and leave the rest?

The world is going to be destroyed. Things will get worse. Evil will thrive. This will continue until the end. The tribulation started in the apostles time as Yeshua said it will during their generation with the destruction of the temple which they witnessed.

Keep dominating bro and acquiring earthly possessions cheesy
obviously, you are not understanding a single bit of what i have been saying, it's beyond your understanding I can't help you undecided

I'm out grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Richest Church In The World / What Can We Learn From The Life Of Samson? / Valentine: Destinies Will Be Placed In Hand Of Marine Agents Tonight - Bamiloye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.