Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,135 members, 7,807,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend (100931 Views)

Pastor Arrested After Death Of Married Woman He Lodged In Hotel With In Abia / Missing 17-Year-Old Girl, Lemachi, Found With 2 Boys, Lodged In Hotel / Lady Steals The Plasma TV Of A Hotel In Delta Where She Lodged,gets Caught(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Resurgent2016: 1:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
NOHOLDSBAR:
Why arrest her?

Pls release the lady unless you have god evidence that she's an accomplice in the crime. It's not her crime that he sent her the money.

You know this how?

She's very foolish to accept such largesse from a "stranger". I trust the Nigerian police to see to her foolishness.

1 Like

Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Resurgent2016: 1:16pm On Feb 09, 2020
joey150:
I don't see how the lady in question is guilty.

At least not that it can be proven.

She was transferred 300k, she wasn't directly involved in the stealing nor reckless spending.

Nowhere is it written that harmlessly chilling with a "thief" is a crime.

The money should be refunded to it's rightful owner and she should be allowed to go unscathed. In a sane clime, she has the right to sue the police for keeping her in handcuffs and assaulting her over nothing except showing up at a hotel to meet her online friend - which is never a crime.

If I steal a million naira and decide to do this online begging stuff or giveaway as it's been branded, do the police go and lock up the receipents of my 'free gifts' too?

Let's be objective please.

Go and lodge in the same room with a thief overnight, share in his largesse and claim you don't know the person when the music starts playing.

You can go and represent her, Mr human rights advocate

3 Likes

Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Whiteways: 1:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
You see your life now?
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by otokx(m): 1:17pm On Feb 09, 2020
That guy may not be a stranger to the lady. shocked
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
WalkerMichael:
He's not so smart. Did a POS transaction. He went to lodge with a babe sef. Werey leleyi o
his time is up
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
Macsjebs:
Imagine!!!
Using the card within same vicinity and gifting a random girl someone's hard earned 300k
By the time the money is lavished, he starts looking for another victim and the cycle continues and whoops! he is finally nabbed here.
it seems like the productive part of the brain of most thieves is automatically padlocked the moment they acquire their ill-gotten loot.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2020
joey150:
I don't see how the lady in question is guilty.

At least not that it can be proven.

She was transferred 300k, she wasn't directly involved in the stealing nor reckless spending.

Nowhere is it written that harmlessly chilling with a "thief" is a crime.

The money should be refunded to it's rightful owner and she should be allowed to go unscathed. In a sane clime, she has the right to sue the police for keeping her in handcuffs and assaulting her over nothing except showing up at a hotel to meet her online friend - which is never a crime.

If I steal a million naira and decide to do this online begging stuff or giveaway as it's been branded, do the police go and lock up the receipents of my 'free gifts' too?

Let's be objective please.

And u think you are being objective with this ur comment...
1)The proceed from a crime is in ur pocket or account
2)U ddnt have a previous deal or lend money to the person the transfer came from
3) you are chilling with the Theif when the police came
And you are saying it’s nothing....can’t someone just chill?? I don’t know the angle u are analyzing this from....

So, All this middle men that act as pickers of western union funds should just be let go since they are not the real scammers.. someone just told them, I used ur name to collect money from my friend abroad....just help me withdraw...cos there’s technically no difference btw a middleman picker and this lady...
What happened to ur duty of reporting suspicious activity... or a boyfriend crediting u a girlfriend 300k isn’t suspicious enough when he doesn’t have job to produce such funds??
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by phorget(m): 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2020
litathom:
7,000 gave him away

Power of greed.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by uthlaw: 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
Send them both to jail....ole jati jati
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by BreconHills(m): 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
NOHOLDSBAR:
Why arrest her?

Pls release the lady unless you have god evidence that she's an accomplice in the crime. It's not her crime that he sent her the money.

Under the Nigerian Criminal Code receiving stolen property is an offence. She will not and cannot be freed because she must prove that she did not know that the money was stolen. Very difficult.

1. She must show that there is a commercial relationship between her and the man. By the way doing runs is not recognized under law as a commercial relationship. She can also show that they are in a sibling relationship but see 2 and 3 below.
2. She must show that in the course of that relationship he would send her money.
3. She must show that the sum sent was not unusual I.e. she had regularly received such sums before ( see 1. Above)

Buying a stolen phone or laptop in a ublic market is quite different.

She wont get off.

2 Likes

Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Merciful77: 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
Everyday for the thief one day for the owner.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by xareal(m): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
Lol..am I the only one seeing the shadow of that big gun on the wall??..no wonder madam dey cry like that
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by obkishoka(m): 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
pls I need good tailors to employ to kick off my Fashion Outfit am about opening. I'm opening it in delta. I need very good tailors that can sew and design very well. (one for a start ). There is accommodation. Pls call me on this number if u have any information 08161899317
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by GMbuharii: 1:22pm On Feb 09, 2020
Gwagone:
WTF is wrong with the youths
He should be dealt with thoroughly
Seriously thoroughly..very wicked fella
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Agugbadin: 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2020
Congratulations, please don't release the thieves, make sure that the two theives feel the full wrought of the law. It is really difficult to trust any Nigeria. This is the why many Atm users find it difficult to ask for help when they have issues.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by paparazi1(m): 1:24pm On Feb 09, 2020
liltee123:
An ATM card thief has been nabbed in a hotel he lodged in with his girlfriend.

The suspect got quite unlucky after he stole an ATM card from an unsuspecting elderly citizen from whose account he withdrew over N500k while posing as a policeman.

He was nabbed after he made a transfer with the ATM card in a hotel he lodged in near his victim's house.

Narrating how the suspect withdrew over N500K from her mother's account, Vivian Emesaraonye Dimgba wrote;

My mum was duped of 500k last night. She went to the Atm, tried to put her pin, it wasnt working. She saw a young man standing behind her, and turned to him to complain or vent basically. Feigning concern, he asked to assist her try again. Being so trusting herself, she gave him the card. He put it, and told her the Atm card was stuck, and that she needed to go inside the bank and tell them. She went to the security man, since the bank was already closed and did just that. By the time she came out, the man already left. Oh, he told her he was a policeman.

Fast forward to 12 midnight, she got her first transfer alert 300k. Then 100k..until there was only 30k left in the account. She got dressed, then drove to town with my dad, and made a police report. But they couldn't do much, since they were not sure the Atm terminal he made the transfer from.

At about 1am, he made another transfer. But this time through a POS machine. Eastgate Hotel. Less than 15 minutes walk from my house. He paid for the room, and ordered food as well. We called back the police men, told them of our findings and they met us at the hotel in less than 30 minutes.

They got into the hotel, checked the person who lodged in at the time the POS sent the alert. The print-out they had corresponded with my mum's Atm card number. That was how we apprehended him with the girl he made the transfer of the first 300k to. She allegedly was meeting him for the first time yesterday, but they've been friends on Facebook for a while. We also recovered some Atm cards, which included my mum's card , and the printout he used for the transactions.

Anyway, they are both cooling their heels in the holding cell and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I must commend the squad for their timely intervention. After today, my perception of the Nigerian police is a bit different..

Times are strange. Be aware!

Upon being asked to release the lady who the suspect made a transfer of N300k to, Vivian wrote in a rejoinder post;

The Atm cards. I blurred the cards as not to further expose the owners . The diamond access card is my mum's. You can see the receipt he used for the last transaction. I still don't know why he didn't pay with cash, because he obviously had some of the money he withdrew from the Atm.

I guess it was greed. 7k was what gave him out. I feel no sympathy for him. My mum is a high blood pressure sufferer. Close your eyes for a minute and imagine her state now. The money isn't hers either. It was transfered from dad's business contact for a surveying work he was suposed to carry out for his client. I would've refunded 500k, for no just cause.

Those of you who feel like the girl is innocent, did you see where I used the word "allegedly?" until proven otherwise.. She's a thief. She's complicit. And how is she supposed to prove that she's innocent. ?

Finally, stop Inboxing me to release the girl. Do I look like the police ? Who takes 300k from a random stranger? If my mum had slumped last night, all I would've gotten is rest in peace. I'll block anyone who mildly suggests the girl is innocent. Not unless you're privy to the complete details of the case, your opinion is not needed.

Thank you.

See photos below

https://pressnewsng.com.ng/atm-card-thief-caught-in-hotel-he-lodged-in-with-his-girlfriend/

The man I see here is a hardened criminal from his look, this appears to be karma, but why police no
porous him body?. You should have snap the girl well naa, so that her face could be visible enough to recognize.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
anonymuz:
Greed na bad thing,he for just relax on that 300k and destroy the card. He won chop the old mama finish. What a wicked man.
Well naija police go release am upon small cash.

He would have still been caught. The transfer will be traced to the girl then she will take them to d boy.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by benjijosh(m): 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
WalkerMichael:
He's not so smart. Did a POS transaction. He went to lodge with a babe sef. Werey leleyi o

People they follow the guy.. He used a POS... Am convinced this guy would be an illiterate.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by 9gerian: 1:29pm On Feb 09, 2020
Well said!

BreconHills:

Under the Nigerian Criminal Code receiving stolen property is an offence. She will not and cannot be freed because she must prove that she did not know that the money was stolen. Very difficult.

1. She must show that there is a commercial relationship between her and the man. By the way doing runs is not recognized under law as a commercial relationship. She can also show that they are in a sibling relationship but see 2 and 3 below.
2. She must show that in the course of that relationship he would send her money.
3. She must show that the sum sent was not unusual I.e. she had regularly received such sums before ( see 1. Above)

She wont get off.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by BENEAMATA: 1:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
to the retard that made the " your mother is a mugu " statement somewhere about this post , up yours ! na one by one dem go they nab una . thief wey dey claim brain job . shey the elderly woman sef is paying for una ancestors wey her ancestors sold to slavery as una dey take justify stealing from white people ? barawo banza dem .

1 Like

Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by NOHOLDSBAR: 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
1StopRudeness:

See u are just juxtaposing two things that is hard to happen....what do I mean by reputable car dealer selling stolen car....he couldnt have been a reputable dealer if he’s selling stolen car in the first place......
U can’t just receive stolen money from someone and say it’s normal to receive money...haven’t u heard of the police saying u should report suspicious activity.....receiving money u don’t know the real source is suspicious... weda it’s boyfriend or not that sent it....
It now makes the matter more worse when both of u don’t have such a job to produce that kind of money and u have never received such kind before...
Don’t u see scammers using people’s account to move funds...will u claim u are not aware that he’s just ur friend who transferred money to u...?
U are funny... it’s normal naaa??

See ...I give up on u...if u like, paint many scenarios to suit ur narrative....in real life when u collect money or goods from crime, u will realize how hard it is to prove that it’s just normal transfer...
the gravity of ur small action will become clear when they start reading to u how many count charge u have...This girlfriend alone can have up to 5coumt charges when she gets to court if they don’t settle ontime...
1)conspiracy to commit fraud
2) aiding and abetting fraud
3) concealing proceeds of fraud
4) money laundering
5) obstruction of justice

I totally understand the angle from which you are looking at this. But with a good lawyer, it can also be proven that it is also a norm in our society for a woman can receive money from a man . Most will agree with that hence it in incumbent on the police or the prosecutor to prove that she knows that the money is a proceed of s=a crime. That's all I'm saying.
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by shyvicky: 1:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
Pastor adeboye predicts more fire outbreak. , don't watch this video if youdont believe him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFQUYTd8Y10
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Youngkingjaey1: 1:33pm On Feb 09, 2020
Wanity:

You talk shiiit
so this Russians girl picture
Are now Meme grin
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by fergie001: 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2020
daddytime:
The guy resemble one of una mod for here wey sabi ban ban anyhow. grin
We know the person........... grin cheesy
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by NOHOLDSBAR: 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
BreconHills:

She wont get off.

Without a doubt, you do make a lot pf sense but I think the govt should also be made to prove that she knows that the money is a proceed of a crime. If she's clueless as to the source of the money, then she should not be punished for a crime that she knows nothing about.

Has the govt ever prosecuted anyone who received money from those that stole public funds and dash them out to girlfriends and family members?
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by BadBradley: 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
liltee123:
An ATM card thief has been nabbed in a hotel he lodged in with his girlfriend.

The suspect got quite unlucky after he stole an ATM card from an unsuspecting elderly citizen from whose account he withdrew over N500k while posing as a policeman.

He was nabbed after he made a transfer with the ATM card in a hotel he lodged in near his victim's house.

Narrating how the suspect withdrew over N500K from her mother's account, Vivian Emesaraonye Dimgba wrote;

My mum was duped of 500k last night. She went to the Atm, tried to put her pin, it wasnt working. She saw a young man standing behind her, and turned to him to complain or vent basically. Feigning concern, he asked to assist her try again. Being so trusting herself, she gave him the card. He put it, and told her the Atm card was stuck, and that she needed to go inside the bank and tell them. She went to the security man, since the bank was already closed and did just that. By the time she came out, the man already left. Oh, he told her he was a policeman.

Fast forward to 12 midnight, she got her first transfer alert 300k. Then 100k..until there was only 30k left in the account. She got dressed, then drove to town with my dad, and made a police report. But they couldn't do much, since they were not sure the Atm terminal he made the transfer from.

At about 1am, he made another transfer. But this time through a POS machine. Eastgate Hotel. Less than 15 minutes walk from my house. He paid for the room, and ordered food as well. We called back the police men, told them of our findings and they met us at the hotel in less than 30 minutes.

They got into the hotel, checked the person who lodged in at the time the POS sent the alert. The print-out they had corresponded with my mum's Atm card number. That was how we apprehended him with the girl he made the transfer of the first 300k to. She allegedly was meeting him for the first time yesterday, but they've been friends on Facebook for a while. We also recovered some Atm cards, which included my mum's card , and the printout he used for the transactions.

Anyway, they are both cooling their heels in the holding cell and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I must commend the squad for their timely intervention. After today, my perception of the Nigerian police is a bit different..

Times are strange. Be aware!

Upon being asked to release the lady who the suspect made a transfer of N300k to, Vivian wrote in a rejoinder post;

The Atm cards. I blurred the cards as not to further expose the owners . The diamond access card is my mum's. You can see the receipt he used for the last transaction. I still don't know why he didn't pay with cash, because he obviously had some of the money he withdrew from the Atm.

I guess it was greed. 7k was what gave him out. I feel no sympathy for him. My mum is a high blood pressure sufferer. Close your eyes for a minute and imagine her state now. The money isn't hers either. It was transfered from dad's business contact for a surveying work he was suposed to carry out for his client. I would've refunded 500k, for no just cause.

Those of you who feel like the girl is innocent, did you see where I used the word "allegedly?" until proven otherwise.. She's a thief. She's complicit. And how is she supposed to prove that she's innocent. ?

Finally, stop Inboxing me to release the girl. Do I look like the police ? Who takes 300k from a random stranger? If my mum had slumped last night, all I would've gotten is rest in peace. I'll block anyone who mildly suggests the girl is innocent. Not unless you're privy to the complete details of the case, your opinion is not needed.

Thank you.

See photos below

https://pressnewsng.com.ng/atm-card-thief-caught-in-hotel-he-lodged-in-with-his-girlfriend/

you're one unbridled talkative girl sha. If you didn't want public opinion why post it on a public forum .

The girl is innocent, you emotional fool. She's just another victim as your mom whom the guy used.

You may say she's greedy or foolish but she's not a thief.

And rein in your emotions...you're squealing like a piglet.

1 Like

Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by BENEAMATA: 1:37pm On Feb 09, 2020
paparazi1:
The man I see here is a hardened criminal from his look, this appears to be karma, but why police no
POROUS HIM BODY?..
as in make dem use bayonnet give am FREE GENERAL BODY CHECK ! grin abeg na joke oh ! but make dem make sure say dem prosecute am oh .
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Truthbites: 1:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
U shouldn't have revealed how he was nabbed. So others would be nabbed too. They think they are smart
Re: ATM Card Thief Caught In Hotel He Lodged In With His Girlfriend by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2020
NOHOLDSBAR:

I totally understand the angle from which you are looking at this. But with a good lawyer, it can also be proven that it is also a norm in our society for a woman can receive money from a man . Most will agree with that hence it in incumbent on the police or the prosecutor to prove that she knows that the money is a proceed of s=a crime. That's all I'm saying.

Ogaaaa....!!!!!!!!now u are just speaking objectively...
Before, U were saying it as if the police has no reason or right to arrest her charge her as an accomplice to the crime...

She’s a valid suspect in the crime...even the guy is still a suspect... everyone will have to prove they are not guilty...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Say No To Cultism,how I Joined The Supreme Maphite,and Almost Got Killed By NBM / Edo Bank Robbers Abandoned The Cash & Cars After Youths Blocked Exit Road / Gally Gally Hotel: World Of Teenage Prostitutes In Anambra’s Sodom & Gomorrah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.