Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,907 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros (14414 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Enjoys Ball Jogging With Young Boy Born Without Legs (photos) / Saw Aiyebgeni Jogging Around The Estate Make I Jam Am For 2010 W/cup Miss? / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr Jogging A Football (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by merits(m): 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:
I started jogging last year after quitting for more than 4 years. I have been having pains around my kneecap and my legs in general after jogging, and most times I can't stand on my legs the next day. I have had to stop to recuperate then continue, the pain continues. I have even had to build endurance, hoping the pains would go if I continue jogging everyday, it only got worst. Now I jog only on Saturdays and I still tend to feel pains around my legs and knee the next Saturday.

I would really love to go jogging at least 4 times in a week. Please guys what do I do?

Please I will like to know if there are drugs I can take for the pain or for quick relief?

Also are there any food supplements I can take to strengthened my bones?
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Fedrick100: 4:24pm On Apr 26, 2021
2020 post in fp,the mods are funny

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by damiloladuke: 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
OK
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by lekki1444: 4:25pm On Apr 26, 2021
agba ti de cheesy
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by officialmario(m): 4:27pm On Apr 26, 2021
try and carry weight once in a while

1 Like

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Mzwabantu(m): 4:31pm On Apr 26, 2021
Normally the pains from jogging are from 1. Running too hard and long on hard surface after a long break 2. Running with tight, inappropriate running shoes 3. Running with expired (exceeded) mileage shoes. The injuries could be Achilles tendinitis, medial or lateral meniscus ligament injuries.
Join a jogging club where an expert coach will gradually reintroduce you to jogging again. It is an art, not a sport. Posture balance, pacing, breathing etc.
Try with beach sand for atleast 4 weeks before hitting the road, change your running shoes despite being comfortable to new ones and should be 1 to 1.5 size bigger than your regular size.

4 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Juliearth(f): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:
I started jogging last year after quitting for more than 4 years. I have been having pains around my kneecap and my legs in general after jogging, and most times I can't stand on my legs the next day. I have had to stop to recuperate then continue, the pain continues. I have even had to build endurance, hoping the pains would go if I continue jogging everyday, it only got worst. Now I jog only on Saturdays and I still tend to feel pains around my legs and knee the next Saturday.

I would really love to go jogging at least 4 times in a week. Please guys what do I do?

Please I will like to know if there are drugs I can take for the pain or for quick relief?

I encountered this when I started jogging and it was due to a knee injury I suffered in the past. It would interest you to note that the pains disappeared after a while...like I was able to cover my peak without any form of pains at all. Although unfortunately for me, I am down with a knee injury presently and I can only hope that the damages doesn't affect my routine once I recover.

This is solely my experience and I am not guaranteeing that its same with yours, but just a possibility. Keep at it! Go for a medical examination and then indulge yourself in food rich in Calcium (brisket bone, chicken bone marrow and the bones as well, tomatoes, oranges, Apples, greens...)

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Deepsky(m): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2021
It's normal OK? (I experienced that also when I started jogging about 2yrs ago).
... Just add other exercises like walking lunges and other body stretching exercises
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by LandMann: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:

I stopped jogging in 2015... I resumed this month when I realized I wasn't getting fit...

Initially I had those pains but I kept going... I jog everyday for 45 to 60 minutes now... I started push up same week too... 20 initially, don 4 times a day at 3-5 hours intervals... Now I have built up to 55 push up, 4 times a day, 3-4 hours apart.

Tips:
1. Make sure you do some stretching exercises 5-10 minutes after jugging... Stretch your legs, hands, thighs, ribs, waist, back, etc... Just stretch to get good circulation... Takes about 15-20 minutes.

2. Do sit-ups after stretching.

3. Make sure you also engage your legs the rest of the day... Instead of taking vehicle to a short distance, just walk it to get the tension down.

4. If you keep stopping because of after pain, you will lose any gain you make sooner than expected and jogging will be more difficult next time.

5. Play soccer with friends or buy ball and kick around the house, mimick ronaldo and messi skills, all to get your legs and body active.

Wish you all the best.

P.S

Check YouTube for 2 minutes exercise video for weight lose... You'll see few that can give you good stretching techniques

6 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by femi4: 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:

For something you ve not done in a longtime, start with trekking and after a week you can graduate to jogging. That way, your body will adapt quickly
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Jamiubond009(m): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2021
Start doing resistance training and tone down on the running.IF you have to,do interval sprints twice a week and do weighted squats to toughen the ligaments around the knees at least three times a week.On days you don't run or lift,walk at least 5000 steps for recovery. Trust me,that is a surefire way to bullet proof your knees in the long run

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by jaxxy(m): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:

Stress factors. When u have left something for long and restarting it u start gradually then pickup. That even what professionals do. U don’t strain u body system all at once like that.

U need to rest, take supplements then get back to it gradually as ur body adjusts itself.

4 years is a very long break.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by ayenale1(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2021
Kill yourself u hear...if you collapse ehn u re on your own o...
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by marwanafrica: 4:50pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:

I like this thread, i can understand all you are going through infact i actually enjoy the pain, how my legs stiffs a day or two days after jogging, i enjoy how my two legs look as if iron rods are inserted on it,
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by kuntash: 4:53pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:

Do brisk walk instead
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by EndBuhariNow(m): 4:54pm On Apr 26, 2021
You need rehabilitation and physical therapy.. rest your body.... and go for check... jogging for 5yrs are u preparing for Olympic
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by CsRockefeller(m): 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2021
I jog for at least 5km every week, I have been doing this for the past 6 years, I don't intend to stop till I'm 60.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by yakbauer: 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:

First I would want to say weldone for trying to start a healthy living and what you're experiencing isn't out of the ordinary, if the pain you're experiencing is not more than 4-6 weeks old, then you're fine, it could be as a result of starting aggressively after stopping for 4 yrs, your system will start all over again. E.g. You should've started by taking long walks for 3km in the first week before gradually small jogs for 1km then walking for 2 km in the 2nd week then progressing to 2km jogs and 1 km brisk walks, before finally jogging for 3km straight, then gradually trying to cover 3km within a shorter time frame.
I will ideally discourage any pain reliever that exceeds panadol or paracetamol except of course you sprained ur knee or ankle or pulled a muscle. But knees and pelvic pains should be expected in the first few weeks and stopping the excercise in totality will not help.
Your system is trying to adapt.
I hope you get well soon and now start small and build up your tempo and stamina.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:00pm On Apr 26, 2021
Do u smoke weed? If u dont. Start smokin weed
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Tapout(m): 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
since February 2020 and this is just reaching front page?? was the thread quarantined or what ?? sad sad

Seun look at your moderators grin

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by BafanaBafana: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:
No, I haven't gone for a medical checkup. Haven't had the need to. I have enjoyed excellent health for years, not even an headache. Thanks To God's grace.

I started small last year. Now I can jog up to 5km

And how do I know if I'm using the wrong/right running shoes?. I feel comfortable in the one I'm using. And I'm not overweight, just a regular average dude.
Shoes with thick soft soles are ideal.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Vinnie2000(m): 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2021
@OP!! Jogging is Bae..

I don't joke with it@all..

When I see d likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Ramsey Nouah, etc looking fit in dier late 30's n 40's, I am always impressed!!

As a man, it's good to engage in some Rigorous exercise once in a while to improve your..
*Agility
*Heart beat
*Immune System..

But since you say you are having pains, will advise you to go for Shorter Distances..

Also, it's like you don't sleep at night or Overwork yourself during d Day..

Sleep well, Eat moderately, Don't burn yourself out with work during d Day n you will be Fine!!..
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by ARmanx(m): 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2021
Have the same problem ..... worst of all am a boxer and it hindering me from training
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 26, 2021
Same with lifting weights. Start with smaller weights and build your endurance. Jog shorter distances and increase with time!!!!!!!!!
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by emerazz(m): 5:10pm On Apr 26, 2021
Go to the pharmacy and order for calciton.. tnk me lata.. was once in your shoes
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by sinola(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2021
My dear. I experienced the same thing during pandemic and I had to visit my hospital and the doctor said its arthritis.
How old are you?
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by coming2america: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2021
sampete:
No, I haven't gone for a medical checkup. Haven't had the need to. I have enjoyed excellent health for years, not even an headache. Thanks To God's grace.

I started small last year. Now I can jog up to 5km

And how do I know if I'm using the wrong/right running shoes?. I feel comfortable in the one I'm using. And I'm not overweight, just a regular average dude.

You do 5km...and you think thats small? How old are you? And what do you weigh?

Its early signs of rheumatism anyway.i experince same when i work out, but next dsy, i go again.

It will seem as if yiur knees are locked and weights are tied to your fibula/tibia. You feel very heavy
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by lacoach: 5:18pm On Apr 26, 2021
There nothing wrong with you. The moment you stop jogging the pains set's in once you resume jogging. Consistency will ease off the pains bro.
Re: Please Advice Me!!! Jogging Pros by RPG2020(m): 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2021
Bruh go and make money before you start jogging �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kante Signs Five Year Contract With Chelsea / Liverpool Trying Jacob Njoku And Ejike / Kenny Onatolu Celebrates His 38th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.