Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping (34084 Views)

Kano Bans Movies Promoting Cross-dressing Amid Campaign Against Bobrisky / How Skit Makers Are Promoting Sexual Contents And Making Our Women Look Cheap / Money Rituals: In Defence Of Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by kingxsamz(m): 8:56pm On Feb 09, 2020
fairfora:
if it was a myth , it wouldn't be increasing so rapidly. It's real and those who indulge in it know. Nemesis would surely catch up with them, it's a matter of time.

Did you read the post at all?
undecided He said it is the belief of such crap that makes one indulge in it.
That's why we must eradicate such belief from our minds.
And watch how these ritual killings and kidnapping would decrease.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
I thought he was going to say, Nollywood movies also promote election rigging, looting in politics.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by WelcomeToBiafra: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
Felalucky8:
Why fashola dey talk like small pikin, Hollywood wey dey act drugs and killings dey increase their crime? You nor go talk wetin concern you make you put light for this country dey der dey talk rubbish

Nigeria security terrorist and Nigeria political terrorists are getting confused day by day.

See how the God of BIAFRA is causing confusion in the camp of the zoo called Nigeria grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by bromen: 8:58pm On Feb 09, 2020
while some western and some white people's movie promote premartail sex and extramartail sex. most western movies always contain kissing and love stuffs. they also promote violence like gun shooting and others. so leave nigeria movies alone though the industry needs improvements sha.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by Spain007(m): 9:01pm On Feb 09, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by kingxsamz(m): 9:02pm On Feb 09, 2020
Lostz:
I hear. You should read the news . Whites are very naive .
I would have shared many link of total cult brainwashing that took place in White countries but no time. Some of them are things that can't happen in Africa

But do you hear about ritual killings and stealing of pants there everyday?
No, because most of them are educated.
Unlike most Nigerians who have made up their mind to live in ignorance.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by kingxsamz(m): 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2020
Freehuman:

Reason this way - In south africa where HIV is prevalent, there exist an acclaimed HIV cleansing ritual carried out by Witch Doctors. After some activities including sacrifices are completed, the HIV male patient has to sleep with a virgin which means he will get cured and the Virgin will get the HIV he had. Out of every single arrest made the virgin raped had HIV but there was no instance where a male patient who committed rape was cured of the Virus. Now, despite the publications after various arrests, a rural south African man still believes that he can get cured of HIV by sleeping with the virgin. He probably asks himself the question " if the ritual was fake, why are people raping virgins and why do the virgins raped have HIV?" instead of the most important question "if the ritual was real, why is the Male HIV patient not cured? "

It is the same question I will ask you today. In a country where everyone arrested for money ritual seems to be poor, living in a remote village, inside a hut
or one bedroom apartment and there has been never one valid arrest made among residents of Lekki phase one or Banana Island why do citizens ask the question " if money rituals is fake why do people kill and severe body parts of others at a shrine?" and not the questions- " why are those caught in the act of ritual killings not among the top richest people in their country, state, local government, or village? " , "why are they usually wretched ?" , "How does undocumented spiritual money suddenly gets its way into the banking system without the Central Bank and commercial Banks noticing a one billion Naira that was not gotten from anywhere and doesn't raise an alarm (remember according to the Money laundering Act, a person cannot deposit more than just 5 million naira by cash)."
"Why do people believe that when a supposed ritualist gives you money for a business, the business would fold up, yet this supposed ritualist deposits same money with a commercial bank and the bank doesn't fold up but rather yields interest from the money. "

The answer ,I guess , is Our Belief system passed down by local media and folklore . It's my opinion though, I do not rebuke yours. Everyone is entitled to his thinking, a man cannot learn or be taught what he already knows. I know nothing just like no one knows everything.

Bro, you've said it all.
Anyone who doesn't see sense in what you posted is a mumu.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by candygist: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
chibu4u2:
As if the terrible state of nigerian economy caused of these by these same old fools called politicians are not the root cause or fuels that drive these so-called money rituals.

Foolish people.

So you can't make a meaningful contribution without insulting anybody ? Typical Nigeria.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by candygist: 9:05pm On Feb 09, 2020
chukkystar:
This Government eh, they blame everything and everyone but themselves..

Is it a lie ?
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by Nathphil(m): 9:11pm On Feb 09, 2020
How is that sir, they don't usually end well in those movie.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by chinwezdasilva: 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2020
benuejosh:
Nollywood always acting nonsense. I haven't seen any Nollywood movie that is released and it has to do with use of modern technology or adventures. It is either rituals, family crisis, witchcraft, village and family hatred or Love making. I support Fashola on this. Nollywood is always portraying an evil of the society.
Can't you direct a movie or act while complaining
What innovation have you coined out from that your small brain

Better still write a story we will help you direct nd act, thinking of technology when we can't correct the system that is depriving guys the opportunity to forge ahead
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by Liposure: 9:21pm On Feb 09, 2020
nollywood is not d major cause of d problem Unemployment is.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by vertueptime: 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2020
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 09, 2020
Pretty sure the ritualists in the movies always end up badly. Nollywood movies ultimate portray society the way it is. Seemingly unfair at first because the wicked seem to win. However they embed another message within; persevere and endure... If anything Fashola them should be happy that Nollywood movies have thought Nigerians to ignore the folly of today in anticipation of a better tmrw.

Except of course he wants us to start distributing copies of Das Kapital showing movies like Gilliam's Brazil(1985), while preaching Orwellian values toward authority and life.. He would not survive in such a mentally invigorated Nigeria. Since na refinement person want.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

Did you read the post at all?
undecided He said it is the belief of such crap that makes one indulge in it.
That's why we must eradicate such belief from our minds.
And watch how these ritual killings and kidnapping would decrease.
Inread it. Fashola himself knows it's real. Forget that he called it a crap
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by DSoj(m): 9:46pm On Feb 09, 2020
This is why other African countries see all rich or well doing Nigerians as ritualists or drug dealers
See mother inlaws as witches

Nollywood especially those from SE are selling Nigeria in bad light
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by edoairways: 9:55pm On Feb 09, 2020
Freehuman:

Reason this way - In south africa where HIV is prevalent, there exist an acclaimed HIV cleansing ritual carried out by Witch Doctors. After some activities including sacrifices are completed, the HIV male patient has to sleep with a virgin which means he will get cured and the Virgin will get the HIV he had. Out of every single arrest made the virgin raped had HIV but there was no instance where a male patient who committed rape was cured of the Virus. Now, despite the publications after various arrests, a rural south African man still believes that he can get cured of HIV by sleeping with the virgin. He probably asks himself the question " if the ritual was fake, why are people raping virgins and why do the virgins raped have HIV?" instead of the most important question "if the ritual was real, why is the Male HIV patient not cured? "

It is the same question I will ask you today. In a country where everyone arrested for money ritual seems to be poor, living in a remote village, inside a hut
or one bedroom apartment and there has been never one valid arrest made among residents of Lekki phase one or Banana Island why do citizens ask the question " if money rituals is fake why do people kill and severe body parts of others at a shrine?" and not the questions- " why are those caught in the act of ritual killings not among the top richest people in their country, state, local government, or village? " , "why are they usually wretched ?" , "How does undocumented spiritual money suddenly gets its way into the banking system without the Central Bank and commercial Banks noticing a one billion Naira that was not gotten from anywhere and doesn't raise an alarm (remember according to the Money laundering Act, a person cannot deposit more than just 5 million naira by cash)."
"Why do people believe that when a supposed ritualist gives you money for a business, the business would fold up, yet this supposed ritualist deposits same money with a commercial bank and the bank doesn't fold up but rather yields interest from the money. "

The answer ,I guess , is Our Belief system passed down by local media and folklore . It's my opinion though, I do not rebuke yours. Everyone is entitled to his thinking, a man cannot learn or be taught what he already knows. I know nothing just like no one knows everything.
Hmmmm! You make a valid point
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by kingxsamz(m): 9:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
fairfora:
Inread it. Fashola himself knows it's real. Forget that he called it a crap

What are you saying? undecided
I don't understand you.
Fashola came out and debunked the existence of such.
And you're here saying he knows it exists.
Is that what he told you on Whatsapp? undecided
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by edoairways: 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
fairfora:
if it was a myth , it wouldn't be increasing so rapidly. It's real and those who indulge in it know. Nemesis would surely catch up with them, it's a matter of time.
I know it isn't however there are some things physical science can not explain. The witchcraft conference that was held by academicians would have thrown more light but was vehemently opposed by religious Nigerians
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by neweraomo: 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2020
babadey:

You should be ashamed of yourself for being ruled by goats.

yes I am and that's why im working on leaving this country soon
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by vascey(m): 10:08pm On Feb 09, 2020
Rubbish!!! Nigerians and their put-them-down mentality.
The only industry, along with music, which thrives without government input is suddenly responsible for kidnapping and ritual money- not illiteracy, not unemployment, not poverty, not corruption by government officials who flaunt their ill gotten wealth recklessly.

Perhaps, the Americans and western movie producers would also blame the increase in terrorism and crime on their action movies.

And to think this kind of rubbish is coming from a so called learned man is appalling. They have silenced the media, now they will go after the entertainment industry. Bunch of dictators pretending to be democrats.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by Nobody: 10:20pm On Feb 09, 2020
einsteine:

This is a fallacy.

The increase in money rituals does not mean money rituals work. It means people believe money rituals work. Two different things. That a lot of idiots kill people thinking it helps them does not mean it actually works.

For all the money rituals, there are less than 20 Nigerians among the top 2000 richest persons in the world. An American working in an investment bank has a starting all-in salary of over $100k and within 5 years would be earning 500k USD which is more than what purported ritualists in Nigeria have. What does that tell you? Money rituals don't work, it's just that we have a stupid and unintelligent populace
Hmmmm. Isorite. Let me share a brief story with you, it doesn't matter whether you believe it or not but my cousin is a living witness.

It happened in ibadan in the 90s. My cousin was an apprentice in a furniture company. One day, being the most senior one, was asked to lead 2 others to deliver a new bed to a customer around felele in ibadan. On getting to his house, he wasn't there but they met his wife who asked them to wait for him. After waiting a while and this man didn't show up, they told the wife they were leaving. She now said they should assemble the bed in his bedroom since he couldn't show up on time which they did. After setting up the bed, one of the junior apprentices leaned on the wall, to see if the bed was well set or not from an angle. Suddenly, his back slid the wall to one side and they all saw a small child naked with a calabash on his head and loads of mint( new notes) on the floor and his surroundings in a small room. They were afraid meanwhile, the wife, had left immediately after leading them to the man's room where the bed was to be assembled instead of waiting to supervise the job.

They were afraid and suddenly began to shiver. My cousin now went to the area and carefully slid the wall back to its place. It was a sliding door painted with same colour of the wall and everything was rhym with the wall. They quietly left the room and informed the wife they they were done with assembly. Meanwhile, my cousin in his wisdom gave the 2 boys stern warning that they must never tell anyone and in case the man comes, they shouldnt look him in the face but face their work.

A few minutes after they arrived workshop, this man came, panting. He stood still and looked at them but the boys pretended as if they didn't see him from afar. The man now coughed and they looked in his direction and said, welcome sir. He didn't respond. Later he gave them 50 naira each and thanked them for the job weldone. According to my cousin, this man was so stingy that even if his change remained 50kobo, he would ask for it. According to him since that day, he didn't come to their place to make furniture again. They told their master what happened when they went to drop the shop's keys to him that day before going home and the man was shocked. My cousin got home looking miserable. He was forced to share his experience because he was afraid someone might go tell him because the man was very popular that time. Money rituals exist wella, all over the world. Have you heard of Texas blood money before ? Hollywood even produced a movie on it...go watch texas blood money. I had a friend who was a banker. Money had disappeared in banks severally and they didn't know how. I'm sure youd say this too is a fallacy that the staff must have known about it and yes...not on all occasions. Spirits go to banks in the night to pilfer money and deliver to these evil men.

The USA instances and the rich you mentioned, I'm not in doubt of it. Ideas rule the world not power, not even rituals. Unfortunately, those ritualists are so foolish that they do not realise the fact that the herbalists who did it for them wouldn't tell them there's grave consequences because they all die mysteriously, including those who indulge in cultism. Money rotials don't last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by Coolcalmcollect(m): 10:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
kingxsamz:

I'm sure you didn't read the post.
If you had read his statement perhaps, perhaps you would have learnt something.
maybe if you had minded your business I won't have to call you a cement head.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by powerkey: 10:38pm On Feb 09, 2020
Why is this fashola very stupid?
Fashola is that your new job?
You have kept Nigerians in darkness since you became minister of power.

Shameless minister of darkness.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by OBIPLUS(m): 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
They Contributed to the moral decay, most things they show people in movies, unknowlegeable people thinks that is how life is , prostitution, ritualists, kidnapping, charms, etc.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by timesup234: 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2020
edoairways:
money ritual is a myth yet it is increasing on daily basis
It is not increasing rather your stupidity is growing faster. Nothing like money rituals stop with this donkey way of thinking. Honestly I wanna slap the hell outta anyone who believe in dis rubbish

1 Like

Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by kennysalah: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2020
E be like say ��
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by EdiskyHarry: 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2020
OK, the government should ban nollywood so that the economy of Nigeria will improve, so that Boko Haram, bandits, ISWAP, isnaru, FULANI herdsmen and all other terrorist groups will end in Nigeria, banning the nollywood industry will also reduce 1 dollar to at least 5 naira and tackle the security challenges we are facing right now. it will be a very good development.
Re: Fashola: Nollywood Movies Promoting Money Rituals, Encouraging Kidnapping by redsun(m): 12:08am On Feb 10, 2020
edoairways:
money ritual is a myth yet it is increasing on daily basis

That is the level of thinking in country. America makes sci-fi movies because that is their perception of things.

The kind of movie people make and watch depicts their mindset, aspirations and concepts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Throws Few Questions To BBNaija Fans / I’m Training My Son To Have Sex With People’s Daughters – Seyi Awolowo / What Anime Show Should I Watch?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.