Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It (5018 Views)

Do I Convert My Money In Naira To Usdt Or Open A Dollar Account And Save It / Walmart Is Attempting To Solve One Of The Biggest Pain-points Of Online Shopping / Nestlé Unveils N4.1bn Milo RTD Factory In Ogun State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 2:30pm On Feb 09, 2020
MILO IS BLEEDING TO DEATH AND NO ONE IS ATTEMPTING TO SAVE IT

I have been a fan of milo for a very long time, not really like i am a fan of tea like that, but for the few times i prefer drinking tea, my choice has always been milo.

Few days ago i saw a lady post about not feeling milo anymore and i was curious why she said that, i went tru all the comment and i couldn't agree less.

With what i read from various people it obvious milo is dying, i didn’t realize it until when i saw the reviews by other that’s when it hit me that i was not really enjoying it like i used to.

It doesn’t hit the right spot anymore and i can’t blame myself for that because its supposed to be value for money and i am not expected to be sympathetic, am i?

So what’s happening to milo and what are the alternative people are taking in place of the dying milo.

Your guess is as good as mine, bournvita.

That day i decided to buy bournvita to confirm the claims made by this people.

I bought a sachet of bournvita 50 naira and a sachet of peak milk 50 naira and then my organic honey already in my fridge (ohh yea i don’t take sugar, i take honey in place of that)

Set my cup, tore both the sachet of peak milk and the bournvita with my teeth and add in some honey then chilled pure water, mixed it up allow to calm then took a gulp.

Ohh blood of methusellah, the creamy rich taste is nothing compared to anything i have taken in the past, then it hit me hard... Milo has been dying for a very long time but the fact people haven’t taken other alternative made it look like its still the best thing.

Now what do we learn from this. The lesson is if milo have been taking social experiment of their product they would have noticed there product is far ahead from the competition

The quality has dropped, the taste has dropped and its not even as appealing as it used to be.

You see sometime you need to go out and look for how the people react to your product compared to the competitor. Buy other competitor product and make social experiment with a group of people and get review, then improve on your product based on that review. With this you will always be afloat.

Well i can’t help it but switch to bournvita, but how long will they realized milo is dying? Is it until its finally dead and everyone had switched brand?

Look closely at your business and ask yourself how competitive is your product and services compared to the competitors... Then improve on it.

Well i will take my time before i say rest in peace to my beloved milo.

I will hope it come alive again and deliver the value it is known for.

Don’t sleep on it, the whatsapp traffic goldmine report that shows you how i made N2.5m in 2 months without spending a dime and how to build 100,000+ permanent whatsapp
Audience for promoting any business is still selling hot and people just can’t have enough of it.

Whatsapp me on +2347063667303 to get yours for N10,000 only

2 Likes

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by popsy2(m): 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2020
Good
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 3:13pm On Feb 09, 2020
popsy2:
Good
thanks
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
You are trying to pass a message but to say milo is according to you "bleeding", is just another armchair fallacy. Give figures and fscts not some social media analysis.

MILO till the end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by verifiablefacts: 8:59pm On Feb 09, 2020
LIVINGICON:
You are trying to pass a message but to say milo is according to you "bleeding", is just another armchair fallacy. Give figures and fscts not some social media analysis.

MILO till the end.
how much are you paid to tarnish people business for crying out loud?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 10:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
uncle i am a user.. i drink milo more than you do and this post is just my review... customers are the one to state their experience.. if you are so confident, then go make a post asking people their experience between the two i mentioned
LIVINGICON:

MILO till the end.

2 Likes

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2020
verifiablefacts:

how much are you paid to tarnish people business for crying out loud?
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by chival(f): 11:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
Milo and Bournvita are not even in the running as far as I'm concerned. The only cocoa beverages i like are Ovaltine, Horlicks and Cadbury chocolate.

8 Likes

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 12:12am On Feb 10, 2020
chival:
Milo and Bournvita are not even in the running as far as I'm concerned. The only cocoa beverages i like are Ovaltine, Horlicks and Cadbury chocolate.
okay but isint cadbury also the owner of bournvita.. my point is milo is no doing the magic anymore

6 Likes

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by Youngsage: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2020
Okay...

But did you actually have to tell us you tore the sachets with your teeth?

Like seriously?? Who does that information help

I had a hard time reading through that post ridden with grammatical errors.

You need to do better as a blogger/Marketer/copywriter if you really want to attract an audience, especially here.

4 Likes

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
Youngsage:
Okay...

You need to do better as a blogger/Marketer/copywriter if you really want to attract an audience, especially here.
i know ur type
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by Youngsage: 3:51pm On Feb 10, 2020
rodgermetty:
i know ur type

Oh you do? Interesting! undecided

Appreciate good advice and don't be incorrigible. Smh.

3 Likes

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by ASPIREX: 4:28pm On Feb 10, 2020
LIVINGICON:

MILO till the end.

The bolded could still hold water for me until December last year.

I have been a Milo fan for several years. Just recently I did notice that their quality(or better put taste) had declined drastically. As a matter of fact the product made me nauseous twice. This led me to experimenting with Bournvita (or the new colourful one from Cadbury and I was hooked.

Nestle should do something fast if not that brand will go the way of Pronto.

5 Likes

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2020
ASPIREX:

The bolded could still hold water for me until December last year.

I have been a Milo fan for several years. Just recently I did notice that their quality(or better put taste) had declined drastically. As a matter of fact the product made me nauseous twice. This led me to experimenting with Bournvita (or the new colourful one from Cadbury and I was hooked.

Nestle should do something fast if not that brand will go the way of Pronto.
some one who agree witu me. The reason why people are not noticing is because they havebt gone for alternative, when they do they will notice
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by eliok(m): 8:37pm On Feb 10, 2020
Op leave nig company. Many of them are on the way down. Including telecoms like mtn.

Its very easy to overtake leading brands.

They are just enjoying their monopoly.

Always reducing quality anyhow without consultations and due diligence.

Poor quality sucks.

I'm happy that they will be out of business in next ten to twenty years.

You can't keep giving poor quality and last.
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by toluxa1(m): 8:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
I take Ovaltine
It's far better than both Milo and Burnvita.
I stopped taking Milo because anytime I take it, I start to purge.
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by Skillsnigeria: 9:36pm On Feb 10, 2020
grin
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2020
eliok:
Op leave nig company. Many of them are on the way down. Including telecoms like mtn.

Poor quality sucks.

i just dont get it, why is it so hard for them
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2020
toluxa1:
I take Ovaltine
It's far better than both Milo and Burnvita.
I stopped taking Milo because anytime I take it, I start to purge.
do u urinate more than u do often too?
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by toluxa1(m): 1:55am On Feb 11, 2020
rodgermetty:
do u urinate more than u do often too?

I have not noticed anything like that. Why?
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by Tomide007: 2:12am On Feb 11, 2020
eliok:

Poor quality sucks.

Nestle is the largest beverage company by revenue, even bigger than coca-cola...there's no company that can take over nestle...the major problem happened with the devaluation of the naira, it automatically increases the cost of production, and they can't adjust the price accordingly because Nigeria per dollar income rate shrinks continuously, so they have to reduce the quality so that the price can appeal to average Nigerians. think of it, why is Gala, Coca-cola, Pepsi, bournvita and every other food company reducing their quality of food.
it's a reflection that the average nigerian can only afford less as everyday passes by......even Indomie no dey swell again

1 Like

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 7:42am On Feb 11, 2020
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 7:42am On Feb 11, 2020
Tomide007:

Nestle is the largest beverage company by revenue, even bigger than coca-cola...there's no company that can take over nestle...the major problem happened with the devaluation of the naira, it automatically increases the cost of production, and they can't adjust the price accordingly because Nigeria per dollar income rate shrinks continuously, so they have to reduce the quality so that the price can appeal to average Nigerians. think of it, why is Gala, Coca-cola, Pepsi, bournvita and every other food company reducing their quality of food.
it's a reflection that the average nigerian can only afford less as everyday passes by......even Indomie no dey swell again
Bros have u taken bournvita off recent, its more impressive than milo to be honest, milo oqn is worse

1 Like

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 7:44am On Feb 11, 2020
toluxa1:

I have not noticed anything like that. Why?
okay, just thinking whwn someone said they were purging, 2 people mention purging on this thread already
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by eliok(m): 8:15am On Feb 11, 2020
Tomide007:

Nestle is the largest beverage company by revenue, even bigger than coca-cola...there's no company that cant take over nestle...the major problem happened with the devaluation of the naira, it automatically increases the cost of production, and they can't adjust the price accordingly because Nigeria per dollar income rate shrinks continuously, so they have to reduce the quality so that the price can appeal to average Nigerians. think of it, why is Gala, Coca-cola, Pepsi, bournvita and every other food company reducing their quality of food.
I understand that nig cant afford high quality. But the quality reducing part is a no - no.

Why not make a cheaper product of lesser content . or specs. That's more of a choice.

Mind you, largest brand is only cos 5 or six of your product are bring more than half the revenue. If another company overtake them due to low quality in these five or six product , they are out of business
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 10:28am On Feb 11, 2020
eliok:
I understand that nig cant afford high quality. But the quality reducing part is a no - no.

Why not make a cheaper product of lesser content . or specs. That's more of a choice.

Mind you, largest brand is only cos 5 or six of your product are bring more than half the revenue. If another company overtake them due to low quality in these five or six product , they are out of business
more of my point, people thought i am trying to bring them down, its customers like us that should tell them the truth
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by IdJack(m): 10:55am On Feb 11, 2020
I noticed it too through my wife. She (wifey) has stopped giving my children milo. She and the children are taking bournvita now. Her Reason; she doesn't enjoy milo again.

Though, I do milo or Lipon tea. I think I will have a taste of the bournvita to see too.

1 Like

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by toluxa1(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2020
rodgermetty:
okay, just thinking whwn someone said they were purging, 2 people mention purging on this thread already

It's when I take Milo I purge. Noticed it like 4 Years ago that's why I stopped taking it. That's why I now use Ovaltine. Infact taking it as I type right now

1 Like

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2020
toluxa1:

It's when I take Milo I purge. Noticed it like 4 Years ago that's why I stopped taking it. That's why I now use Ovaltine. Infact taking it as I type right now
i hope they do something fast
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 9:36pm On Feb 11, 2020
IdJack:
I noticed it too through my wife. She (wifey) has stopped giving my children milo. She and the children are taking bournvita now. Her Reason; she doesn't enjoy milo again.

Though, I do milo or Lipon tea. I think I will have a taste of the bournvita to see too.
thats bad
Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by edu123: 1:58am On Feb 12, 2020
Youngsage:
Okay...

that part got me cracked up too,

I was like: what do u want to use before? a jigsaw or rack saw or a machete

4 Likes

Re: Milo Is Bleeding To Death And No One Is Attempting To Save It by rodgermetty(m): 2:46am On Feb 12, 2020
edu123:

that part got me cracked up too,

I was like: what do u want to use before? a jigsaw or rack saw or a machete
there is what is called spice when writing, but i dont expect you to understand what that is

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Invest N1 Million? / What Business Can I Start With 250k? / Meet The Billionaire Who Is Building The Second Largest Refinery In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.