Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (77221 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 5:35pm On Mar 19, 2011
Disappointing, we've not created much in the 2nd half.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2011
How's that a sending off while Carragher only gets a yellow?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 6:04pm On Mar 19, 2011
That is a huuuuge result here. Love the fact the boys didnt let their heads drop despite going down to 10 men.

Hopefully the Int break will allow us to get some players back from injury.

onwards and upwards, cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2011
Facking hell!!!
That was too close for comfort.

Winning with 10 men is not easy tho . . . but I'd take the 3 crucial points considerign the fact that Arsenal dropped 2 points.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 6:07pm On Mar 19, 2011
Mr_TA:

How's that a sending off while Carragher only gets a yellow?

in all fairness, that was a stone-wall red card. it's similar to the gerrard one on carrick in the fa cup tie in january. no complaints at all. evans was a bit silly. holden had already committed himself. evans didn't need to go to ground at all. stand your ground and hope nothing develoips from the move. on a day evans had his best performance in a united shirt, he had to be sent off.

nani was a beast when he moved to the right. valencia cutting in from the left also added some zip to our play at the death. our 10 men even played better than our 11 men. nani became a different player towards the end. he stopped crossing and started running with the ball and was licking shots from distance. gladly, bolton's goalie fumbled one of his shots and dimitar was there to tap in a rebound.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 6:09pm On Mar 19, 2011
Mr_TA:

Blood of jesus! Evans is starting. cry

And boy couldn't even try to finish d game. That tackle was unnecessary and dangerous.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 6:11pm On Mar 19, 2011
Evans deserved the red card.
It was nothing intentional cos he actually got the ball but his follow-through gashed Holden's knee.
No complaints about that . . . his studs were showing and he should know you cant do that again at this level.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by eleshin(m): 6:13pm On Mar 19, 2011
Dis is a massive 3points nd arses dropin 2 points is a massive boost.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2011
chamotex:

Evans deserved the red card.
It was nothing intentional cos he actually got the ball but his follow-through gashed Holden's knee.
No complaints about that . . . his studs were showing and he should know you cant do that again at this level.

seems your man(valencia) has been doing some training on how to operate from the left. he was superb today when he switched flanks with nani.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by vinisky: 6:18pm On Mar 19, 2011
i really don't know what west brom was thinking throwing away 2 points. were they crazy shocked but it's all good. we're five points clear though i was worried by our display. berbatov really came up big for us. who saw that ball that almost skipped van der sar? my heart skipped a beat.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
Ill play Gill ahead of Evans and I don't mean Oliver, David Gill would get a shirt ahead of Evans

So what happens in the next match?

God dey!!

The run-in of 9games have begun on a good note. 2 point advantage from the first match

We'll amass more points than Arsenal and probably amass the same points with Chelsea

UTD would win this league with at least a 6point advantage over Chelsea.

Arsenal will come 3rd!!

U heard from me first

Berbatov should have started, How you leave someone with 19 goals on the bench confuses my soul, *nyways, who is next?

We are United!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 6:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
vinisky:

i really don't know what west brom was thinking trowing away 2 points. were they crazy shocked shocked but it's all good. we're five points clear though iwas worried by our display berbatov really came up big for us. who saw that ball that almost skipped van der sar? my heart skipped a beat.

west brom overachieved with that 2-goal lead. be thankful they were able to derail arsenal a little bit. the 2 points arsenal dropped today provide us a cushion. there's the international break and by the time football resumes in 2 weeks, we should have vidic, fletcher, js park, anderson and rafael back. things are looking good from here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2011
*Cougar*:

seems your man(valencia) has been doing some training on how to operate from the left. he was superb today when he switched flanks with nani.

I actually thought he went into the middle with Giggs.
I was surprised to see him on the left flank. He really put in a shift today considering he's still gaining match fitness.
I'm actually glad he played the full 90 minutes today. . . that would improve his sharpness.

Do you know if he's going away on International duty?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by vinisky: 6:26pm On Mar 19, 2011
@tkb417
we gat westham next at their homeground. we need the W.
@cougar
*Cougar*:

west brom overachieved with that 2-goal lead. be thankful they were able to derail arsenal a little bit. the 2 points arsenal dropped today provide us a cushion. there's the international break and by the time football resumes in 2 weeks, we should have [b]vidic, fletcher, js park, anderson and rafael [/b]back. things are looking good from here.

if those guys are back then i'm am happy and grateful inshort thank you westbrom for overachieving grin but who would you suggest we partner with vidic in defence  for champions league against the chavs? and do you perfer 4-5-1 to 4-4-2? cause our guys were gassed out for the 2nd half and iwas thinking we should have seiteched to 4-5-1 at that point. all is well
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2011
Todays match is d exact reason why I insist that dis squad can't cope with trying to win 3 trophies all at d same time. Our squad is not deep enough, fit enough neither does have d needed quality. Everyone will point to injuries, but d reality is that at this point in a season where you are playing in multiple competition, you are never going to have all your squad fit and available. Thank God its Arsenal that are right behind us.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 6:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
vinisky:

@cougar
if those guys are back then i'm am happy and grateful inshort thank you westbrom for overachieving grin but who would you suggest we partner with vidic in defence  for champions league against the chavs? and do you perfer 4-5-1 to 4-4-2? cause our guys were gassed out for the 2nd half and iwas thinking we should have seiteched to 4-5-1 at that point. all is well

who else but chris smalling. the best young defender in the country. he looked like he's been playing for us for ages. if we are lucky, we have a clone of rio ferdinand in smalling. he will grow here - i have been utterly impressed with the lad. against chelsea. . . .we should go 4-3-3. nani-rooney-valencia. anderson, fletcher and carrick in the midfield and the normal back four(rafael-smalling-vidic-evra). i am convinced this team won't let us down @ the bridge.

scholes and giggs should take a vacation to libya. grin

chamotex:

I actually thought he went into the middle with Giggs.
I was surprised to see him on the left flank. He really put in a shift today considering he's still gaining match fitness.
I'm actually glad he played the full 90 minutes today. . . that would improve his sharpness.

Do you know if he's going away on International duty?

i hope he doesn't travel. fergie should hide his passport. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 6:33pm On Mar 19, 2011
vinisky:

@cougar

All you need is a leader in that backline. If Vidic is fit, i can stand him with Smalling anytime.
Chris despite inexperienced, is seriously staking a claim to that position. Save for that mis-called penalty against him, he was very decent at SB earlier on. So no worries. If the players Cougar mentioned above are fit, then you can be assured that the much needed protection from the midfield is there. That is what you need for a good back four to perform well.

First things first, let's see how the EPL games come with. The UCL is in 3 weeks approx.

Good win for us despite the shortfalls. Fergie should stop neglecting Berba. 19 goals is not a fluke.
Unless he is telling me he will be better coming on as a super sub!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 6:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
Im ok with it being a red card, its just for the morons who claim we get the decisions all the time when we've had worse challenges against us get away with it.

I thought Fabio also did well today, still think he needs to bulk up abit but I wont mind him playing RB while the injuries continue.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 6:42pm On Mar 19, 2011
I am abit worried about Giggs' overall play. The rate at which he gave the ball away was alarming.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Eastbay1: 6:47pm On Mar 19, 2011
Makeshift squad,a man down and all three points.A reason to be optimistic.I hope the injury situation improves,cus we can't carry on for too much longer like this.Kudos to the boys for lifting themselves when down a man.
@Cougar,West brom shoulda done the job. If they are fighting relegtion,they shouldn't be losing 2-goal leads.Considering they beat Arsenal earlier on this season away,they should be kickung themselves for dropping 2 points
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 6:51pm On Mar 19, 2011
Mr_TA:

I am abit worried about Giggs' overall play. The rate at which he gave the ball away was alarming.

giggs has always been a liability. i am shocked you are just noticing. his pass completion is nothing to write home about but he's always fortunate to initiate the move leading to a goal or providing a direct assist. the moment he does that, united fans forget the shower of shyte he has displayed throughout the game. if we want to move past chelsea in europe, i reckon we send giggs to japan to help the victims of nuclear outbreak.

as for berba's selection. it's a wonderful problem. fergie started hernandez today because he guessed bolton would go for it and attack us. hernadez is good against teams who don't park the bus. such teams leave plenty of space behind them(a space hernandez loves to exploit). it was the right decision to start chicharito in that regard because bolton did have a go in the first half. after the break, when bolton realized johnny evans was having the game of his life, they started defending deep(perhaps playing for a draw). . . . .thus nullifying the threat of hernandez.

when teams sit deep like that, berbatov is the key to unlock packed defences, a moment of brilliance is all he needs to unlock such defence. . . .although, he didn't play particularly well today as he squandered some chances he would have buried when he still had some match sharpness. however, he made one of the chances count and that was the most important thing. 3 points secured!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 6:53pm On Mar 19, 2011
(Eastbay):

Makeshift squad,a man down and all three points.A reason to be optimistic.I hope the injury situation improves,cus we can't carry on for too much longer like this.Kudos to the boys for lifting themselves when down a man.
@Cougar,West brom shoulda done the job. If they are fighting relegtion,they shouldn't be losing 2-goal leads.Considering they beat Arsenal earlier on this season away,they should be kickung themselves for dropping 2 points

I tend to agree a bit with u but you know that no two games are the same.
Conditions and squad outlines have changed a whole lot since then. I am much happy for the 2 points breathing space than nothing at all. Remember their outstanding game is against Spurs so it can well be three points of even 5 points depending on venue.

let's just be happy that another makeshift team did the job.
On a lighter note, seeing Fergie reaching for his phone always was quite amusing.
But that really tells u how 'dudful' MP is!! Not impressed one bit. But i wonder what value he adds?

Are we ever gonna get CQ back?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by vinisky: 6:54pm On Mar 19, 2011
@ cougar
4-3-3 is not bad especially with valencia and nani to service ronney left and right that;s a good one. i have even forgotten all about anderson. flecter as CMwould be exciting. i hope the so called injury bug that has plagued us is all but over. hopeing man city defeat the chavs tomorrow.

@emperoh
Fergie neglecting berbatov was an head scratcher. in years past i would have approved of it but this year the guy is a beast. who knows may be he was benched inorder to help keep rooney consistent and also give javier a good run of games. i am really advocating for berbatov to be starting as i believe the team now understand his play better. when he came on today our attack was more potent.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 7:01pm On Mar 19, 2011
Why isn't anyone talking about Berbatov's "unbelievable movement" for the goal? grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 7:03pm On Mar 19, 2011
ritchboy:

Why isn't anyone talking about Berbatov's "unbelievable movement" for the goal? grin grin grin

lucky to be in the right place at the right time. every centre forward worth his onions would be in that position. fabio was also lurking to do the tap-in.
unlike arsenal fans, we don't gloat over such. we only admire silks!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 7:05pm On Mar 19, 2011
I also had the impression that, given the squabbles Rooney has earlier on, one would expect Fergie to deal him off soonest. But the run of games seems showing signs to the contrary. I also prefer a partnership of berba and Hernandez than with Rooney. You will agree with me Berba's passes can pick out any last line defence and Chicharito is the one to target these passes at.

we just need any and every tactics we can get to get past these tough games.
Westham away wont be funny!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by tkb417(m): 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2011
Away to WestHam would be bloody!!

If Vida is back, then no wahala. I can't even imagine Smalling getting injured now; wahala don happen be that.

Valencia was super today and i know he'll get better with time. Thank God for those long range shots from Nani. He should win the Barclays player of the year
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by ritchboy(m): 7:16pm On Mar 19, 2011
*Cougar*:

lucky to be in the right place at the right time. every centre forward worth his onions would be in that position. fabio was also lurking to do the tap-in.
unlike arsenal fans, we don't gloat over such. we only admire silks!!!

DING! Exactly what i was having a laugh at. . . If it's Berbatov, it's luck. But if it was Hernandez, it would be down to his "unbelievable movement" grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 7:18pm On Mar 19, 2011
I hate going to Upton Park . I never feel confident when we play there.
It's like a bogey ground. Jusy hoping we get the 3 points there in 2 weeks time.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Cougar2: 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2011
ritchboy:

DING! Exactly what i was having a laugh at. . . If it's Berbatov, it's luck. But if it was Hernandez, it would be down to his "unbelievable movement" grin grin grin

you need to see chicharito live to appreciate his movements. he is not static. i saw this guy twice last year and the way he works the lines is just incredible. berbatov is static. chicharito works the lines so well. he's in, he's out, he's in, he's out. timing his run to perfection to make sure he is not caught offside. chicharito is the king of centre-forward movement in the premier league. van nistelrooy was also a beast when he was here - but my goodness, chicharito is a gem when it comes to that too. his movements are just silks. wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Emperoh(m): 7:33pm On Mar 19, 2011
ritchboy:

Ritchboi, this is a family affair!!
Leave Mancs to determine how to recognise their players!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by codedguy1(m): 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2011
The arsenal thread is like a muppet graveyard. Am LMFAO.
3 points even with a man down. Its crunch time, i think.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (100)

Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich UCL (4 - 2) On 18th April 2017 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.