Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,570 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash (79545 Views)

My 4-Year-Old Daughter Keeps Telling Mysterious Stories About Her Past Life / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? / My Husband Smells My Underwear Everytime I Return Home – Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Nobody: 5:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
Michellekabod2:
if he willfully washes the pant is it enslavement? If a lady washer her husband's pant is it enslavement?

If you must know, a man & a woman are programmed differently, just as our prerogatives are different.
A normal man cannt just feel like washing a woman undies, its either enchantment made with efor & snail working or the man is just a weakling himself. so logically both conditions creat an enabling environment 4 enslavement.
A woman washing her husband underwear is not enslavement cos its her prerogative ... no one will see her do it n flinch.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by freecocoahubby(m): 5:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
Brazenbabe:

So I am married? Hehehehe
I thought I was the typical single frustrated E-feminist.
Una no go kill me for this Nairaland cheesy

You're just too dumb for my liking.. Where in my comments have I ever said you were single? Gtfoh!

7 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by osazsky(m): 6:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
For u to change his mentality make sure u always wash ur clothes including that of ur wife at times and see if he wont have a change of perception the best way to teach a child is practically displaying it hope this helps

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by goldmatrix(m): 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
Do you have girls too including Househelp? He might be picking it from them. Girls do mature faster than boys..

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 6:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
goldmatrix:
Do you have girls too including Househelp? He might be picking it from them. Girls do mature faster than boys..
.. We have a nanny
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Nobody: 7:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
How Do I Make My 4years Old Son Understand Or S He Still Too Young

Happy Sunday my fellow Nairalanders. Sure we all are cool?

Sorry to bother you all but I have been worried since what transpired between myself and my son who will be 4yrs by June this year.

I was not able to go to church today due to the fact that I just came back from travel very late yesterday night.

So I was asleep when my wife and my two sons left for service. I woke up around some minutes after 12 noon and decided to wash some of the undies I wore during my journey.

As I was doing that, my wife and kids came back and my son rushed straight to my room shouting daddy daddy, when I answered from the bathroom and he came in and saw me washing, the question he asked me has been making me uncomfortable.

He said "Daddy, why are you washing? Are you a girl? Before he could finish that my wife walked in and said to him, Don't worry, very soon you will start washing your clothes by yourself but what got me more worried was his reply. He told my wife that he won't wash his cloths that it's girls that are supposed to be washing.

Honestly, I'm worried, will he out grow this mentality?

I need a wide coverage, please.

Like they say, "Monkey See, Monkey do." Your son must have learned that from someone close to home. If he did not learn that from you, then check with your wife or other close relatives. Things like that don't just happen. We have to remember that kids have very impressionable minds and they soak information and actions like a sponge and that's why it's necessary that as adults we watch what we say or do in front of our kids or other kids for that matter. I suggest you have a talk with him and find out how and who told him that only girls do laundry and then go from there. Don't let this opportunity slip by, use it as a teaching moment. Good luck!
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Ehibiggirl(f): 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
youwanbanme:

If you must know, a man & a woman are programmed differently, just as our prerogatives are different.
A normal man cannt just feel like washing a woman undies, its either enchantment made with efor & snail working or the man is just a weakling himself. so logically both conditions creat an enabling environment 4 enslavement.
A woman washing her husband underwear is not enslavement cos its her prerogative ... no one will see her do it n flinch.
you are supposed to be aslave trader you must be part of those Libyans buying and selling women trafficking them.

2 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by frozen70(f): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
Ehibiggirl:
I salute you, I wish I could like the response a hundred times.
You deserve a medal for this.
Sweetest response ever.

Thanks dear
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Gallant12: 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Sorry to bother you all but I have been worried since what transpired between myself and my son who will be 4yrs by June this year.

I was not able to go to church today due to the fact that I just came back from travel very late yesterday night.

So I was asleep when my wife and my two sons left for service. I woke up around some minutes after 12 noon and decided to wash some of the undies I wore during my journey.

As I was doing that, my wife and kids came back and my son rushed straight to my room shouting daddy daddy, when I answered from the bathroom and he came in and saw me washing, the question he asked me has been making me uncomfortable.

He said "Daddy, why are you washing? Are you a girl? Before he could finish that my wife walked in and said to him, Don't worry, very soon you will start washing your clothes by yourself but what got me more worried was his reply. He told my wife that he won't wash his cloths that it's girls that are supposed to be washing.

This t
30/01/2020
This thread is for teachers and school proprietors
-
1. Stop making boys class reps and girls assistants by default. Girls should be given the opportunity to also be class prefects while boys assist. Girls should not always assist if they can actually lead better.

2. Revise your social studies textbooks and stop teaching your students that fathers provide money and mothers cook, clean and wash. The conversation should be open to the fact that roles in marriage differs, and they must not be based on gender.

3. Don’t ever limit your student’s ambition using orthodox gender narratives. It’s okay if a boy wants to be a chef or model. It’s okay if a girl wants to be a mechanical engineer. Don’t sell a gender bias that’ll influence their choice of career.

4. Don’t stop girls from playing soccer if that’s what they want, and don’t ridicule boys who can’t play soccer. Girls are not meant for indoor games. Let them choose the sport they want want to engage in no matter how it defies traditional gender roles.

5. Don’t shame boys for ‘letting’ a girl do well and top the class. Things like this should never be said: “you’re not ashamed that a girl came out best in the test”. You’re belittling the girls, and socializing the boys never to accommodate a woman’s excellence.

6. Don’t make ridiculous comments like: “you talk too much like a girl...” “you walk like a girl”. You are imprinting gender stereotypes on their minds, and influencing them to feel that a girl is the yardstick of everything they should never be.

Don’t tell your male students to not cry and to man up when they are teary eyed. You are enabling toxic masculinity. It’s okay for boys to cry. Boys are humans, boys have emotions, and boys should be free to express vulnerability.

It is important to socialize boys and girls without unhealthy gender biases in schools. Schools contribute to the gender disparity in the society. Schools should review their social studies textbooks, and make sure that their teachers are enlightened above orthodox gender biases.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
no cos 4 worries... u raising a real nigga.... lov is the inhibition of power... let him grow with that domineering man strenghth and learn through exposure that love is the negation of such power. sensitivity is overated.. chiamanda thinks "we all should be feminist". and i disagree with everthing i gat
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Jepee(f): 7:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
When I was growing up, our last born(boy) always tell my mum that boys don't wash plates but my mum will tell him that since boys don't wash, they will not eat food or eat on dirty plates. Call him to always wash with you anytime you are doing that, even the plates.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by femi4: 8:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

I m more concern about you referring to her as "your wife" and not "His Mummy"
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.. It's not about simping. I do chores but I'm not a simp.Sometimes I even do the cooking if my wife is not disposed. That does not make me a simp bro.
Best reply ever. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by travelland(f): 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
bobowaja:

That is how these men breed SIMPs just because they wanted to be seen as nice.

It's not your fault. Pray that you marry a mumu

2 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by travelland(f): 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
Train your boy, it is not rocket science
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by teepain: 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Ok.I will.Even my wife is worried because I'm the kind of man that doesn't allow anybody to do my laundries.

Until now, why has your son never seen you doing laundry with respect to the part of your post in emphasis?
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
teepain:

Until now, why has your son never seen you doing laundry with respect to the part of your post in emphasis?
. My job doesn't allow me to stay with them most times. I'm into Road construction and as a contactor,im always in different states either doing a project or seeking for one.

Secondly I think he said so because he heard it from somewhere. Whenever I'm around,I do my laundries especially the undies while I take the main clothes to the drycleaners.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
femi4:
I m more concern about you referring to her as "your wife" and not "His Mummy"
. She is my wife first before becoming his mummy.

4 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by femi4: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
. She is my wife first before becoming his mummy.
No wonder your parenting skill is questionable
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
femi4:
No wonder your parenting skill is questionable
.. Ok
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by chewwie(m): 8:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

You're raising a real man
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by teepain: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
. My job doesn't allow me to stay with them most times. I'm into Road construction and as a contactor,im always in different states either doing a project or seeking for one.

Secondly I think he said so because he heard it from somewhere. Whenever I'm around,I do my laundries especially the undies while I take the main clothes to the drycleaners.

Thanks for the clarification. Just keep doing your laundries in his presence and get him to do his too while you are busy doing your's. And tell him it is a cool thing to do.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
teepain:

Thanks for the clarification. Just keep doing your laundries in his presence and get him to do his too while you are busy doing your's. And tell him it is a cool thing to do.
. Thanks bro.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Theboss100(m): 9:19pm On Feb 11, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

If compelled by circumstance, of course he can do it on his own. I am not the one that is setting taboo boundaries. It is the op who is trying to make it seem as if there is something inherently evil about what the boy said when yhe boy us actually correct. You see, feminists have trained pussified men to be horrified at the idea that there might be specific gender roles; making them fight on their side so to speak. It is all about rabid feminism and control that's all. Or why do you think that no one complained about my equally 'sexist' statement that the man's role is financial support of the family? It is in my first comment; go look. Only my statement that taking care of the housework is women's work me
I just checked oxford dictionary, i couldn't find the word pussified. Bro behave. Bk to topic. Are u saying women dnt help financially? Is that their duty? So pls leave feminism out of it. Its just a balanced equation. Help ur wife while u can. Tnx

4 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by SURElee(f): 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2020
You are worried? What is worrisome there? He is four years old, he must have picked that up from conversations of adults around him. It is now your duty as father and mother to ensure kids grow up at home with nothing like gender restricted roles. Let the boys do chores and also the ladies.

No such thing as kitchen solely for girls. Get every child domesticated as early as possible to avoid issues thereby raising well rounded kids.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Sexycardib: 11:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by delpee(f): 11:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

After you and your wife have explained to him that doing the laundry is a chore both male and female should be able to do very well, make sure he sees you as many times as possible on your subsequent laundry sessions.

If you find your neighbours doing their laundry or spreading their clothes, show him. But very importantly, start getting him to take care of his own laundry... washing a handkerchief, his boxers/pants, etc. A child can always be re-psyched.

@Op
The earlier, the better too. He can wash a few of his personal items at 4 years. You build on it as he grows older.

There’s no need to worry. What he gets used to doing from a tender age becomes routine for him. He’ll see it as normal even when others say otherwise. Teach your child the way he should go. He will not depart from it.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Lifecanbeamazin: 3:48am On Feb 12, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Thanks bro,I will start engaging Him on such task. But is he not too young to understand? I don't want to rush him.

Start now. You and your wife are his best teachers.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by goldensoul55: 4:46am On Feb 12, 2020
The mind of a child is an empty slate(tabular rasa ),whatever u write on it is what he will become . The question is , who wrote that in his mind ?
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by 9jaRealist: 6:47am On Feb 12, 2020
Shibaraba:
Movies.... Cartoons.... Stories..... Girls always do the chores. Use your washing machine often and allow him help while you're doing it. It should pan out.

Congratulations though, your son is an alpha male. Guide him well

You mean a toxic male?
Anyway, stop blaming movies/cartoons, kids learn primarily from the HOME (if not the parents, someone else).

Of course, while the chattering classes may debate these matters...
Reality is most of Nigeria's various indigenous cultures are inherently SEXIST! That's where changes are needed.
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Ajibade123(m): 7:39am On Feb 12, 2020
find out what he has being watching or doing that is giving him such thinking
see ways to raise w successful and happy child https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-raise-a-successful-and-happy-child/
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:44am On Feb 12, 2020
Ajibade123:
find out what he has being watching or doing that is giving him such thinking

see ways to raise w successful and happy child
https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-raise-a-successful-and-happy-child/
. Thanks alot. I ve already started making amends.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? / I Want To Divorce My Husband As Soon As Possible / 'my Husband Cannot Satisfy Me Sexually'..... Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.