Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,844 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

Does The Government Charge 10% Of Claim In Order To Release Pension Funds - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Does The Government Charge 10% Of Claim In Order To Release Pension Funds (757 Views)

Which Is The Best Nigerian Pension Funds / Is It Possible To Change My Pension Funds Administrators / I Am About To Lose My Dad's Contributory Pension, Bankers/Lawyers Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does The Government Charge 10% Of Claim In Order To Release Pension Funds by KevMitnick: 11:43pm On Feb 09, 2020
Please I need the advise of insurance experts in the house. My late uncle's PFA was AIICO pensions and his wife was told that she is required to pay 10% of the entire claim to the government before she can have access to the pension funds. The question is; Is this the normal procedure? Is the 10% charge legal?
The issue now is, they said she has to pay up the amount first before they can proceed. Can anyone explain this to me please?

Seun,
Lalasticlala,
Mynd44,

Please this is a serious issue, can you help move it to where we can get advise.
Re: Does The Government Charge 10% Of Claim In Order To Release Pension Funds by MrMcJay(m): 12:56am On Feb 10, 2020
I don't think they are entitled to 10% of the entire sum to

Are they processing the deceased person's ENTITLEMENTS or they are claiming to help process the LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION? They are 2 different things o.

Tell them to put what they want to collect in writing. If it's illegal, they won't agree to put it in writing.
Re: Does The Government Charge 10% Of Claim In Order To Release Pension Funds by KevMitnick: 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
MrMcJay:
I don't think they are entitled to 10% of the entire sum to

Are they processing the deceased person's ENTITLEMENTS or they are claiming to help process the LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION? They are 2 different things o.

Tell them to put what they want to collect in writing. If it's illegal, they won't agree to put it in writing.
I really appreciate your response. Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Network / Grab This Lifetime Opportunity Now / Case closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.