Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo (24225 Views)

Tinubu’s Supporters Are Punishing Themselves Over Sabinus – Fisayo Soyombo / Ajimobi Hasn’t Been Disconnected From Life Support But He's Gone- Fisayo Soyombo / The Nine Kinds Of People Supporting Buhari For A Second Term, By ‘Fisayo Soyombo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by shehuolayinka(m): 8:22am On Feb 10, 2020
I am not one the biggest fans of the motorcycle as a means of transportation. I wasn’t always an antagonist; it all started in 2010. My friend was on a bike that collided with a danfo in the Ikorodu area of Lagos.

It wouldn’t have been too bad if that was where it ended, but after she tumbled off the bike, an onrushing bus overran her right hip.

She was a guest of the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi, for several months. Ten years on, her life hasn’t been the same. That leg still isn’t the same. Before that experience I was a frequent user of the motorcycle, but in the 10 years that followed I haven’t ridden it up to 10 times. Still, I do not support this wholesale ban on motorcycle and tricycle operations.

We’ll come back to why later. But first, it must be established that the government has valid concerns about “the menace” of bicycles and tricycles.

The Lagos State government says the proscription was prompted by “scary figures” of fatal accidents recorded from operations of okada and Keke NAPEP between 2016 and 2019”.

We’re talking over 10,000 accidents recorded at the general hospitals alone, 600 of which have claimed the lives of their victims. The government is also worried by the use of motorcycle and tricycle as getaway means by criminals. I think we can all agree that these two reasons are legitimate, but do the people deserve this kind punishment?

The ban has abruptly eviscerated the means of livelihood of tens of thousands of Lagosians, mainly the already-poor or semi-poor. There are families just getting by before that will now truly struggle to eat three meals daily.

With the crowds at bus stops and terminuses these days, Nigerians are technically fighting a bloodshed-less civil war to navigate the otherwise simple task of finding a bus to office.

Those who aren’t strong enough for the challenge, or those who aren’t patient enough to wait endless minutes, end up enduring the arduous option of long treks to their office and back home (even at that, not one of them came close to winning the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon on Saturday!). On the bright side, though, the roads seem saner to drive on even if the perennially-heavy Lagos traffic has shown no sign of dissipating.
https://thebelltimesng.com/2020/02/10/the-trekkers-of-today-will-snatch-our-cars-tomorrow-by-fisayo-soyombo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by money121(m): 8:36am On Feb 10, 2020
Noted

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Citytrend: 8:37am On Feb 10, 2020
Tell it to those who are currently Looting this country dry in the name of Leadership.

Abeg joo, I will Design a Professional Logo for your Company or Product For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 10, 2020
Good for them.

1 Like

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by DarkandHandsome(m): 8:42am On Feb 10, 2020
Sanwo olu is clueless

8 Likes

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by DirtyGold: 8:42am On Feb 10, 2020
Things are getting tougher and the government that is responsible for the security and welfare of the people is the culprit here.

I'm not against the ban, but create alternatives and palliative measures for the socioeconomic impact

What's tha business?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Slawormir: 8:42am On Feb 10, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Motorcycle collect many lives that year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by revived: 8:42am On Feb 10, 2020
Doesn't Make Any Sense To Me Though

7 Likes

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by beewhy009(m): 8:42am On Feb 10, 2020
Smh
Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by 13ShadesOfMay(m): 8:42am On Feb 10, 2020
Even with #OkadaKeke ban, most areas in Lagos are still in total traffic lockdown. My point is, LASG should have put in place an alternative for those affected by the ban... You can just wake up and put an end to the livelihood of ten of thousands of people... Regulation instead of total ban should have been adopted

12 Likes

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Ytea(f): 8:43am On Feb 10, 2020
following...
Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by maynation(f): 8:43am On Feb 10, 2020
Dangote's trucks have killed more souls that bokoharam, shouldn't we ban the trucks too??

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Lilimax(f): 8:44am On Feb 10, 2020
Well said! The trekkers or today will snatch their and not mine tomorrow? shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by RapistOnBail: 8:44am On Feb 10, 2020
undecided

Keep trekking till you acquire sense from your Modern day slavery jobs.

3 Likes

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Gentlemanforyou: 8:44am On Feb 10, 2020
This just shows that we are still backward in dis kontri. Imagine putting over 10k people out of a job they and their families depend on with just one ORDER , though on the bright side , it's good for most people on the other side , its additional hell for the riders and those depending on them to get to work faster , at least the govt should have put in place other better means of transportation besides road . If there's train going from ikorodu to ikeja , I wont criticize the govt . But las las Nigerians are the strongest set of people in the universe , even if we get pushed to the wall, we go still break the wall for more room to be pushed

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Bluffly: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020
You people should stop inciting criminality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Commentor: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020
You didn't say the trekkers of today would be the Bill Gates of tomorrow.

See finish.

5 Likes

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by LudwinOlaOluwa: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
Commentor:
You didn't say the trekkers of today would be the Bill Gates of tomorrow.

See finish.
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by tosino350(m): 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020
hmmm
Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Bluffly: 8:45am On Feb 10, 2020

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by saajus: 8:46am On Feb 10, 2020
Lagos has many great minds. Unfortunately, the state is being managed by mediocre people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by helphelp: 8:46am On Feb 10, 2020
The traffic na die nowadays
Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Marvieduke(f): 8:47am On Feb 10, 2020
Trekking things so on point this morning
Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Goldencheese(m): 8:47am On Feb 10, 2020
Is this really true?.
The trekkers of today will become car snatchers tomorrow?
Not really
But many jobless, frustrated and angry youths today may be TEMPTED to become criminal lords tomorrow.
That sounds a bit realistic and true!

Everybody treks, whether from your house to your car, neighbourhood store to buy provisions or attend CDA meetings or close by schools?

Not all trekkers will become car snatchers. Some have as much money to buy any cars of their choice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by SlimDaddyPee: 8:48am On Feb 10, 2020
I have the video

1 Like

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Houseofglam7(f): 8:48am On Feb 10, 2020
undecided
Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by villagecraft: 8:48am On Feb 10, 2020
This piece looks like an intro to the title, please release the full content.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by DrNueLpureHoney: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2020
As e dey hot.....if and Only if dem go hear word

Well,if you need Pure Original Unadulterated Honey... Kindly check the post on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/5316907/original-pure-undiluted-honey-sale
Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Toosure70: 8:49am On Feb 10, 2020
DarkandHandsome:
Sanwo olu is clueless
and I never heard the name of your family before. Olori pelebe oshi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by Kendumazy(m): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2020
The truth is that criminal activities will be rampant now. A friend phone was collected by thieves on bike at iyana ipaja, adealu bus stop few days ago in the evening. They cornered him, ask him to hand over his phone while showing him different axes to axe him if he didn't comply. It's after they left he started yelling thieves. Imagine, there were bikes around, they can run after them and probably get them.

Let's handle your ebay/Amazon orders. Check my signature below for more details.
Re: The Trekkers Of Today Will Snatch Our Cars Tomorrow By ‘fisayo Soyombo by johnmartus(m): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2020
Stupid ingenuity statement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 29 Soldiers In Lake Chad / How I Gave Fayose $5mn Cash From Nigeria's Security Funds - Obanikoro / Yahaya Bello: CSOs Protest Against EFCC In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.