Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

Meet The Inventor Of Copy And Paste (larry Tesler) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Meet The Inventor Of Copy And Paste (larry Tesler) (404 Views)

Tesler Trading App Review 2023 – Is It Legit Or A Scam? / Re-inventor Of EMAIL Challenge. / Larry Tesler- The Guy That Created CUT, COPY And PASTE Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Inventor Of Copy And Paste (larry Tesler) by Adeling(m): 9:25am On Feb 10, 2020
We can thank one Larry Tesler, the computer scientist who's credited in history as the inventor of cut/copy and paste, for the time and finger energy saved with this intangible creation. Tesler was one of the computer geeks at Xerox PARC - the innovative research and development center in Palo Alto, California - back in the 1970s, when home computers were just an experimental idea that many believed wouldn't go anywhere. (In fact, Xerox PARC invented several ideas that many believe Steve Jobs and the early team at Apple "stole" after a visit in 1979.
Tesler was working on the programming of the Smalltalk-76 system between 1973-76, and it was on that project that he implemented a method of capturing text into a computer's internal memory, i.e. "cut"/"copy," and then inserting it somewhere else, i.e. "pasting." The verbs were taken from the old idea of manuscript editing, when one had to physically cut words on a page with scissors and paste them elsewhere.

Tesler eventually moved on from Xerox PARC, and has had quite the fruitful life in the technology community over the decades - from working as a computer scientist at Apple, to being vice presidents at Amazon.com and Yahoo!, to working in biotechnology. However, no matter what he's done over the past thirty years, or what he will continue to do in the future - he's currently an independent contractor - I'll always thank him for the cut/copy and paste. In fact, I will honor him now by effortlessly copying and pasting this last sentence. In fact, I will honor him now by effortlessly copying and pasting this last sentence.

https://www.seeker.com/who-invented-cutcopy-and-paste-1766022268.html

Re: Meet The Inventor Of Copy And Paste (larry Tesler) by Froshloaded: 9:29am On Feb 10, 2020
Nice one larry grin wink

(1) (Reply)

Unrest In Ogun State: Residents Take Laws Into Their Hands / For Sale Toyota Avalon Call 07046747365 / Wow! Meet 14 Women That Once Slept And Had More Than 20 Children With Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.