Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions (5651 Views)

Magu Rejected As PSC Promotes Senior Officers / Ikonso: Fr Mbaka Lambasts The Authorities For Killing The ESN Commander- Video / Benjamin Collins: Army Buries Soldier Tortured To Death By Senior Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by nonsojaggs: 5:11am On Feb 11, 2020
A Naval Officer, has revealed the means of communication adopted by most superior military officers in Nigeria.

The officer made this assertion while reacting to a tweet where Emmanuel Onyedika said;

“I saw one army commander leading a troop of soldiers close to the International Conference Centre Abuja, giving instructions in Hausa language. I felt bad because are all the soldiers now Hausa or what? Or because he knows only his people are there.”

The Naval personnel replied;

“You haven't seen anything... I'm in the military and 85%...

Read full story here:
https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/20646906c69db6661253a3bd5d1299a7?client=iosnews&features=8798600989

1 Like

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by Blackeuropean: 5:14am On Feb 11, 2020
seriously?
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by Goldencheese(m): 5:17am On Feb 11, 2020
God help Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by AnalQueenluci: 5:19am On Feb 11, 2020
And yorubas are busy fighting igbos and nnamdi akanu

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by MoxxxxO123(m): 5:32am On Feb 11, 2020
Naija we hail oh

1 Like

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by tophumble(m): 5:33am On Feb 11, 2020
O serious.

That is where colla with Boko Haram begin from, why use hausa to pass instructions in such situation

3 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by olaric(m): 5:42am On Feb 11, 2020
AnalQueenluci:

Maybe the Igbos should in turn fight the Yorubas; are you listening to yourself? You are always making it seem like the Igbos are always at the receiving end.

13 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by PicLtd: 5:46am On Feb 11, 2020
The country is gone for good. Just watch as a certain group of people come out to justify and hail this anomaly.

There is no kind of wicked evil these people will not defend. None!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by endy69: 5:50am On Feb 11, 2020
Most northern people speak and they don't care if you understand or not
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by chatinent: 5:51am On Feb 11, 2020
It has always been the case. During training, if you don't understand Hausa, you go bi white fowl wey go dey buy job.

6 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by Nobody: 6:08am On Feb 11, 2020
That's why they can't fight Boko Haram because nearly all has no formal training.

For instance, check your military check points on the road , small boys with no military training.

I have finally come to terms that we have no security agencies in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by Righteousness89(m): 6:18am On Feb 11, 2020
This is something that needs to be Heavily checked!

I personally have Experienced this act in the Headquaters of one of our Para military agencies in Abuja..

To be sincere, I had to ask questions..

Right from the Gate , It was as if Hausa was Our National language.. No one seem to care..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by BitCraftman: 6:24am On Feb 11, 2020
After the adoption of secret state religion and police comes language. Same set of culprit.
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by shigoslim(m): 6:30am On Feb 11, 2020
Everything that beginning must surely come to an end.
Nigeria is fast approaching to her end.
We may look helpless and hopeless, I tell you the end of this contraption is near .
The Hausa/ fulani we cry I bet you. Let them enjoy it while it last .

We are watching and observing Keynes.

7 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by Barryseal: 6:36am On Feb 11, 2020
This is so true. A soldier once told me Hausa is the official lingua of the Nigerian military. 90% of Nigerian soldier speak fluent Hausa, I stand to be corrected.
The next time a random soldier stops you at a check point just speak Hausa and listen if he doesn't respond. Simple test.

5 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by edoairways: 6:40am On Feb 11, 2020
endy69:
Most northern people speak and they don't care if you understand or not
It is common among wazobia group not just a northern affair.

1 Like

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by endy69: 6:45am On Feb 11, 2020
edoairways:
It is common among wazobia group not just a northern affair.
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:47am On Feb 11, 2020
This should be unacceptable!
I hope those cowardly and slavish southernern soldiers among them, who easily turn their guns against their fellow southerners, are not accepting that?
I refused to learn or speak that Jihadist's language while serving in that region some years ago. It pains me to see southerners happily communicating with them in that language even down there in the south. How can you be speaking the language of someone who doesn't care about yours, even in your own house? That's utter stupidity!
Most of us have already accepted slavery in the hands of hausa/fulani, and I'll be watching to see how it ends.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by johnmartus(m): 6:52am On Feb 11, 2020
It's not a new thing. Both Yoruba and igbo soldiers in Nigerian army speak hausa language.
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by Westbestside: 6:53am On Feb 11, 2020
AnalQueenluci:
How does this concern yorubas, are you people cursed to be mentioning this great tribe? Or did you see them taking cutlass to fight igbos. So how many igbos have been killed by yorubas?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by okwandu: 6:55am On Feb 11, 2020
They have been unconciously using hausa as the official language in the military .

1 Like

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by caprini1: 6:58am On Feb 11, 2020
ChybuzzDD:
This should be unacceptable!
I hope those cowardly and slavish southernern soldiers among them, who easily turn their guns against their fellow southerners, are not accepting that?
I refused to learn or speak that Jihadist's language while serving in that region some years ago. It pains me to see southerners happily communicating with them in that language even down there in the south. How can you be speaking the language of someone who doesn't care about yours, even in your own house? That's utter stupidity!
Most of us have already accepted slavery in the hands of hausa/fulani, and I'll be watching to see how it ends.
Naaa bro....language is a personal choice,most hausa,s in the east ,speaks fluent igbo,so as igbo,s living in the north.

I will only agree to our military not to commune with any other languages apart from English.
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by okpalaAnambra: 7:27am On Feb 11, 2020
Actually they can't even speak English including educated ones

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by cRobo: 8:23am On Feb 11, 2020
undecided
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by izombie(m): 8:30am On Feb 11, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Actually they can't even speak English including educated ones
but they can speak pidgin english. No one is asking them to speak proper queens english. Broken go do.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by Sammy07: 8:55am On Feb 11, 2020
AnalQueenluci:

How many Igbos have been killed by Yoruba..

You're in the military yet you lack s. E.n.cę

4 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by Lanretoye(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2020
I dont know why our security architecture can not be such that an hausa man is posted to the north and other tribes be posted to their respective states or region.They will better understand their terrain,languages and security challenges.moreso there will be unity and cooperation amongst the operatives.
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by backnbeta(f): 9:49am On Feb 11, 2020
AnalQueenluci:
You sound lame and defeated undecided

3 Likes

Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by GMbuharii: 10:09am On Feb 11, 2020
My ship once underwent repairs/maintenance work @ naval Dockyard in a southern state. More than 95% of the naval personnel there were Hausa and VHF communication was done mostly in Hausa language!
Re: Officer Lambasts The Use Of Hausa By Senior Officers In Giving Instructions by GMbuharii: 10:13am On Feb 11, 2020
Sammy07:

How many Igbos have been killed by Yoruba..

You're in the military yet you lack s. E.n.cę

The number of igbos and other tribes killed by the yorubas is uncountable.

When you empower the enemy/killer,you are the number one enemy/killer.

And you and backnbeta are really the ones that lack sens.. not analqueenluci

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scary Looking #endsars Protesters In Aba Today - Pics / Fayemi Inaugurates Judicial Panel On Police Brutality / Facebook Blocked Me For Posting This About America (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.