Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) (78802 Views)

Massive Hippopotamus Killed In Lokoja / Dolphins Migrating Through Dolphin Estate, Lagos Caught On Camera By Fishermen / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 9:44am On Feb 11, 2020
anonimi:

You missed out the local governments?
The leaders are a reflection of the people ultimately. No leader can go against the coherent wish of the people except he is no longer interested in being their leader.

I don't fully agree...

People can kick initially, but when the benefits start rolling in, they will celebrate it as good leadership.

The power of good leadership can never be overstated.

Take the ban on bikes and keke in some parts of the country for instance... If the leaders waited for or needed the acquiescence of the people, the benefits would never have been seen today.... Leadership goes beyond waiting on the approval of the electorate...

Ironically, these same Nigerian leaders don't seek the approval or full acquiescence of the people when stealing or being nepotistic.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Jh0wsef(m): 9:45am On Feb 11, 2020
stevmatt15:

If the government wants to help
They should pass an information that if such wild animals Been caught, they should be taken to the state government, and it must not be a mandatory or compulsory law to handover such to government, but any farmers that do hand it to government for preservation should be rewarded handsomely.

Just simple things other countries does.

A farmer can choose to eat the wild animals he caught or get paid by giving it to the government, the zoo. Or museum

gbam. You're too smart, i like your level of intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by shogsman(m): 9:48am On Feb 11, 2020
oldtruth:

So, why blaming the farmers from protecting themselves against the predator?
Why are they not killing snakes in Australia,Canada etc then, or you think you have snakes like those countries, change your mentality and start reasoning constructively.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Caymen: 9:49am On Feb 11, 2020
[s]
Ebenezar2020:
you well so?
how does this relate with the thread?
[/s]
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by kinzd(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2020
Which zoo again dey aqua go enter bottom_belle deep zoo
NigeriaBam:
cry Africa. Why not keep it in the zoo

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2020
Horus:

Predator (definition). A predator is an animal that eats other animals — or people or companies who act like they do. Lions are predators, but so are pickpockets and some giant corporations. The word predator started out referring to insects that ate other insects, but has grown to include any animal that eats another animal

So?
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Farki: 9:52am On Feb 11, 2020
I am surprised that we still have wildlife in this country, everyday one wild animal or the other is being killed and eaten.

2 Likes

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by anonimi: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2020
Angelfrost:
I don't fully agree...

People can kick initially, but when the benefits start rolling in, they will celebrate it as good leadership.

The power of good leadership can never be overstated.

Take the ban on bikes and keke in some parts of the country for instance... If the leaders waited for or needed the acquiescence of the people, the benefits would never have been seen today.... Leadership goes beyond waiting on the approval of the electorate...

Ironically, these same Nigerian leaders don't seek the approval or full acquiescence of the people when stealing or being nepotistic.

We are essentially saying the same thing but starting from different points of the same spectrum/continuum of leader versus people responsibilities.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2020
shogsman:

Why are they not killing snakes in Australia,Canada etc then, or you think you have snakes like those countries, change your mentality and start reasoning constructively.

So, Canada, Australia and the rest watch their citizens wallow in poverty? Are you children sane at all?
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 11, 2020
ibietela2:

Their farm land is in water?

So, hippo only lives in water? Lost souls everywhere grin

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Skillsnigeria: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2020
grin angry
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2020
Eteka1:
They should have informed conservation groups. Those people know how to relocate such animals to places where they won't get into trouble with humans.

Mention one conservative group you know in Nigeria and that has respond to issues like this? Thank you
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Farki: 9:56am On Feb 11, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
Lol... nature preservers will soon land..but don't forget there is hunger and guys need to ear first before they drop dead themselves

The men were fishermen who were tracking the animal who didn't do anything to them for days. You mean to tell me they didn't have anything to eat since then?

What we don't understand is that killing one species might lead to the depletion of another. As they have killed that animal other animals that they rely on will also disappear.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by crafteck(m): 9:57am On Feb 11, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

This is sad
Illiteracy prevented them from knowing they could make a lot of money through tourism once they preserve Nature....

What prevents them from eating each other when there's no more widelife to devour

See this one oooo
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Horus(m): 9:58am On Feb 11, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-vbFA-s1vs

Endangered pygmy hippopotamus
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by k2money(m): 10:00am On Feb 11, 2020
They suppose just keep the poor animal, those that protect animals would have come to pay them huge money
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Caymen: 10:02am On Feb 11, 2020
[s]
YorubaLord:
Bunch of Savages, Lunatics... why not tranquilize and move to the zoo? angry
[/s]
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Bojack(m): 10:02am On Feb 11, 2020
Nice
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Horus(m): 10:03am On Feb 11, 2020
oldtruth:

So?

So the definition do not fit the description of an hippopotamus
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 11, 2020
Horus:

So the definition do not fit the description of an hippopotamus

Fantastic! So what description fits the hippo causing such havoc?
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by OlawaleBammie: 10:09am On Feb 11, 2020
chinchonglee:

Yes ooo... After that encounter ehn, if any animal near me i fit use stick wipe the head.

Lol, dat is what we always tell u guys, let the govt pick whichever animal dey want into the zoo and let fhe others b devoured..u cant claim right for animal, animal wil always b animal, their instincts is alway to kill and notin more....protect ursef first before any other ish.

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by pacespot(m): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2020
I remember watching this thing killed lion with a single bite

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Eteka1(m): 10:18am On Feb 11, 2020
oldtruth:

Mention one conservative group you know in Nigeria and that has respond to issues like this? Thank you
Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF).
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by angelicwing: 10:19am On Feb 11, 2020
shogsman:

You people are too hypocritical. Can you swear if you see a snake in your compound you will let it live?
The farmers did the right thing to have killed the hippopotamus.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Nobody: 10:23am On Feb 11, 2020
Eteka1:
Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF).

NCF are into birds for now. No funds. Nothing! I can give you Joseph Onoja's number. You kids should go to school
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Adakintroy2: 10:24am On Feb 11, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

This is sad
Illiteracy prevented them from knowing they could make a lot of money through tourism once they preserve Nature....

What prevents them from eating each other when there's no more widelife to devour

Mumu. You Don chop na make you fit preserve"

No be who Don chop Belle full DE keep for fridge?

Psuedo moralist.

They will make more from where? The authorities who will take over?

Dummy use your head.
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by 2shure: 10:28am On Feb 11, 2020
Why kill innocent animal. It was lost in africa and founds its way to nigeria. I wish he went to south africa game reserves
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by 2shure: 10:30am On Feb 11, 2020
Only him teeth alone. E go be like sharp lonh knife cutting through bread .dem get luck say the beast mo grab any of them. Fear go grip am. Why not capture and preserve it. Dis
This
This.
This is nigeria
pacespot:
I remember watching this thing killed lion with a single bite
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by NigeriaBam: 10:34am On Feb 11, 2020
kinzd:
Which zoo again dey aqua go enter bottom_belle deep zoo
grin grin grin
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Eteka1(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2020
oldtruth:

NCF are into birds for now. No funds. Nothing! I can give you Joseph Onoja's number. You kids should go to school
you are a typical idiot. I guess I am old enough to be your father. You may also have been a toddler when I was doing my Youth Service after graduation.

See below; they partner/collaborate WWF and many others. Therefore they know exactly how to handle this kind of case (by collaboration).

They don't do only birds you idiot.

Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by Ihategirls(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2020
This might taste like cow meat or sweeter
Re: Fishermen Trap & Kill Hippopotamus In Kebbi, Samanaji Community (Photos) by shadeyinka(m): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

This is sad

You speak the truth!
However, with the kind of country we have, they would have been long dead before that happens.

Your country doesn't care about her citizens!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ray Fish Caught Near The God's Island, Ibeno In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / This TV Will Cost #174M To Buy And #12M To Install In Your Living Room(Photos) / What My Friend found In a 40gig HDD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.