Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,393 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (36095 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nanaboi(m): 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2007
I light a candle for my grand mum who sojourned 2 the otha side in August, 2004.

And anotha for Okechukwu Umeoka, my bossom friend who left on June 14, 2001. Neva realli felt death till he left.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by amasha(f): 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2007
I light dis candle for my aunt Ngozi who took a trip 2 d orda side, miss u a whole lot
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by hannydarl(f): 2:08pm On Jun 01, 2007
I light a candle for my Pa who passed on on the 9th of may 2005 I love you Pa and i wont forget the lessons of life you thought me.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mukina2: 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2007
i am lighting a candle for my grandma who died in 1980 .Grandma though i didnt get to meet you . you lived through stories kiss

my two brothers who died one in 88 and the other in 90 i missed you both .i hope you are being good to mama kiss

my granddad  who died on may 11th 2005 you didnt even wait for me to see you during vacations, you just left like that .i love you grandpa kiss

To my paternal grandparents i never got to  meet  you . .but i pray that ur souls rest in peace kiss kiss

to the queen of my heart, my angel, my love , who died on the 23rd of october 2006 i am missing you every day but i know you are in a better place than i am .Mama i know it was God's will that you go when you didnt even get to reap from the kids you had .we love you and we are praying for you everyday.

i miss you miyonta and i love you more . rest in eternal peace Mama kiss  kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by cuteass1(f): 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2007
mukina2:

to the queen of my heart, my angel, my love , who died on the 23rd of october 2006 i am missing you every day but i know you are in a better place than i am .Mama i know it was God's will that you go when you didnt even get to reap from the kids you had .we love you and we are praying fro you everyday.
i miss you miyonta and i love you more . rest in eternal peace Mama kiss  kiss

cry cry cry Please eehn take heart dear, God will be your strength, shelter and rock cheesy
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by cuteass1(f): 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2007
I light a candle for my maternal grandmum who passed away 5 months after my birth, I never got to see you, I've seen pictures though, but your stories everywhere i go make you live in my heart, rest in peace

for my paternal grandparents, granddad in 1996 and grandmum in 1991, you're the best one could ever ask for, loved ya till death and even after , , will never forget the song you composed with my name, rest in peace

I light two candles for - - - - - -
YOU (the one person i would have laid my life for), the day YOU passed away to rest in the bosom of the Lord (14th April 2004, just two days after our sister Benita's birthday), was and will remain the worst day of my life. I didn't think i could live another minute, i never thought i could survive without YOU in my life . . My brother Shalom
My love for you is undescribeable, words can't begin to explain, I loved you with every atom of my body, soul, life, you were my one in all. Writing this brings tears to my eyes cry cry cry, and the wonderful days and memories i had with you for the four years you spent on earth, you were just too much. Like no one i had ever seen, little but mighty . .
I couldn't stop blaming myself that maybe . . , the doctor who . . , mama for . . , i was even ready to dig you up after your burial Cos i thought "what if he has woken?" cry cry cry But no, it was goodbye, after you told me you loved me (in your tongue, it came out "i lobe you" lol, i and Benita still mimick the way you talked), wish i knew it would be "the last",

For as long as i breathe, you'll remain dearest to my heart, i might never stop wondering "what if", and i make this promise, "MY FIRST SON SHALL BE NAMED AFTER YOU, you were my little hero - - - I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH, MY LOVE, DEAREST BROTHER, SHALOM cry cry cry (DEATH, YOU ARE SO WICCCKKKED angry angry angry angry

(no, not him on my profile
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mukina2: 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2007
cute-ass:

I light a candle to my maternal grandmum who passed away 5 months after my birth, I never got to see you, I've seen pictures though, but your stories everywhere i go make you live in my heart, rest in peace

To my paternal grandparents, grandad in 1996 and grandmum in 1991, you're the best one could ever ask of, loved ya till death and even after , , will never forget the song you composed with my name, rest in peace

I light two candles to - - - - - -
YOU (the one person i would have laid my life for), the day YOU passed away to rest in the bosom of the Lord (14th April 2004, just two days after our sister Benita's birthday), was and will remain the worst day of my life. I didn't think i could live another minute, i never thought i could survive without YOU in my life . . My brother Shalom
My love for you is undescribeable, words can't begin to explain, I loved you with every atom of my body, soul, life, you were my one in all. Writing this brings tears to my eyes cry cry cry, and the wonderful days and memories i had with you for the four years you spent on earth, you were just too much. Like no one i had ever seen, little but mighty . .
I couldn't stop blaming myself that maybe . . , the doctor who . . , mama for . . , i was  even ready to dig you up after your burial Cos i thought "what if he has woken?" cry cry cry But no, it was goodbye, after you told me you loved me (in your tongue, it came out "i lobe you" lol), wish i knew it would be "the last",

For as long as i breathe, you'll remain dearest to my heart, i might never stop wondering "what if", and i make this promise, "MY FIRST SON SHALL BE NAMED AFTER YOU, you were my little hero - - - I LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH, MY LOVE, DEAREST BROTHER, SHALOM cry cry cry  (DEATH, YOU ARE SO WICCCKKKED angry angry angry angry

(no, not him on my profile

Girl its ok . . Death is not wicked someday we all have to go . .after i posted this here one of the girls in my area lost her mum .i couldnt even go there . I found myself feeling so very miserable . sad
Even though i have never accepted my mama's death . i just know that  with time i'll  learn to accept cry cry

girl just like your brother my mum died a day after my 20th birthday . .the gift she gave me is still where she left it sad cry i cant bear to look at it cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by cuteass1(f): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ muki

You're right, with time it gets easier, you learn to live with the loss, you remember them and instead of anger you smile and just love them

Just that writing now, made it all real, i was just crying like it just happened. Maybe becasue i've never expressed it writtenly, but its all good

One thing i know, i'm ever grateful to God for letting me know him, though just for a little while  - - i remember asking God, "If he was going to die so young, why bring him in the first place", they were just words in anger.

I think you should take the gift (from your mum), and use it. Let it remind you that she's there with you, will forever live on in your heart, and that she loved you so dearly, use it to remember her, her gentle soul, beautiful ways and that she is your mum (not even death can change that) wink
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mukina2: 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2007
@cute-ass

there are some days when you really ask yourself if there's a God somewhere sad

somedays when you see friends or neighbours talking to their mums, sharing, playing or laughing with them .you ask God why did it have to be me .

I know it hurts really bad to you to lose a little boy with a bright future infront of him .at 4 yrs old thats too young and that can affect families and even tear them apart .but we live to learn .Somday we will get to see all the ones we lost .

parting is something no one can predict, it can happen at any time and it doesnt matter if they were almost dying . it still hurts . .

posting this here, makes all of us realise that we have lost people we do care and love a lot and it helps to talk about it .for the tears they will always come .It reminds us of what could have been .but never happened .
someday weshall meet them and we wont cry no more . . . kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by OmoEko1(f): 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2007
For my grandfather that died 1991, grandmother 1993, grandmother 2001, grandfather 1998. Even though I was young when I lost my first grandparent from my mum side very early but I still have good memories of your and to mine other Grandparents I regret losing your because I got no one to call grandparents anymore, every moment of my life I know you’re all watching over your precious granddaughter (ME), I might not be able to see your but I can feel your presences, I feel sad when I see or hear other people talking about their grandparents because I got none.

And to Omosola I miss you so as a because and a brother figure to me, everyday i wish you were still here with us to see what your siblings has achieved, they are all grown up now but you will never be forgotten. Still today I asked God why you were taken away from the families that loved you so much but I guess God has written it that way or maybe that was how he wanted it, I MISS YOU SO MUCH cry cry cry, everytime I talk to your brother or look at his pics I see you in him, LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

And to one of my friend I lost 4yrs ago on my birthday I miss you so much, it hurt to see you died on the happiest day of my life cry cry, you will never be forgotten also.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by cuteass1(f): 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ muki

yea . . what could have been, but never was sad

No matter how same situation you share with someone, you can never say you know how they feel. I can only imagine what its like loosing a parent, esp. a mum (not that dads are less in worth, no but)

But you're right, that hope of meetng them some day never to path again.

Take heart dear, God knows best (hard to believe in times like this, but he does)

When i usually asked God why he took him away at such a young age, my mum would say "it would have been harder if he died in his 20's when he now had his future in his palms"

Like you said, no matter when or how, or where they die, its just as painful - - - I never understood death until it snatched something so precious right before my eyes from my palm, I could do nothing but cry - - - defintion of the inevitable things in life , , , , It shall be well, love ya kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mukina2: 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ cute ass yeah  girl  it shall be well love ya too kiss

@ OMo take it easy it will be alright wink
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by cuteass1(f): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ omo eko
Darling, take heart, snatches the best of them, but their foot prints in our lives and hearts will never fade away (a power death cannot exhibit) Its well kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by OmoEko1(f): 9:16pm On Jun 01, 2007
@cute-ass and mukina2

Thanks guys am fine now but still can’t stop thinking about them, but I know God will walk me through it. wink cheesy
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 03, 2007
a candle is lit for my dear Nnanna
I love you brother,you will always live forever in my heart.
I still miss you everyday but God wanted you in heaven.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by layi(m): 9:35am On Jun 03, 2007
Candle lights for my uncle who passed on 2 years ago.

Candle light for Biodun my crush who passed on last year

Candle light for Pastor Bimbo Odukoya.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Rottweiler(m): 11:55am On Jun 03, 2007
I light candles for my late dad who died about a decade ago (dad all your kids are doing fine)

I light a candle for my dear friend, Christian Madagwa who died in a power bike accident in Lagos last year. RIP

I light a candle for my dear friend who slumped and died during a football session 2 years ago. RIP

I light a candle for my friend's wife (Chinyere) who was buried yesterday (June 2, 2007). RIP
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Bassey231(m): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2007
Mum,when you left in 1995,I thought the world had come to an end.But somehow I struggled through,finished secondary school and entered Poly.Dad,when you died 3 years ago,we all felt it was finished for you used to tell us that if you died while we were still young,we'll suffer in the hands of our relations.I have to tell you Mummy and Daddy,I know you guys are up there and smiling down on us because your 2 children are doing very fine now.Ansa is married with a baby boy and she'll finish school next session.I'm serving now and I'm marching to greater heights.On behalf of Ansa and I,I'm lighting this candle cos your parental love was a light and is still a light in our dark moments.One day,one moment,the candle will definitely burn out,but your loving memories never will.We love you and miss you.Till we meet up there,keep looking after us.Its your boy,Bassey. (Ps) I'm also lighting a candle for my friends,Yaks,Abel,Francis,Ifeanyi,Jide and other lost souls in graduating cet of 2006 session The Federal Polytechnic,Bauchi
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 04, 2007
Bassey231:

Mum,when you left in 1995,I thought the world had come to an end.But somehow I struggled through,finished secondary school and entered Poly.Dad,when you died 3 years ago,we all felt it was finished for you used to tell us that if you died while we were still young,we'll suffer in the hands of our relations.I have to tell you Mummy and Daddy,I know you guys are up there and smiling down on us because your 2 children are doing very fine now.Ansa is married with a baby boy and she'll finish school next session.I'm serving now and I'm marching to greater heights.On behalf of Ansa and I,I'm lighting this candle because your parental love was a light and is still a light in our dark moments.One day,one moment,the candle will definitely burn out,but your loving memories never will.We love you and miss you.Till we meet up there,keep looking after us.Its your boy,Bassey. (Ps) I'm also lighting a candle for my friends,Yaks,Abel,Francis,Ifeanyi,Jide and other lost souls in graduating cet of 2006 session The Federal Polytechnic,Bauchi

May the Lord continue to bless you and your sister Ansa and take you to heights you've never known before,in Jesu's name.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by cuteass1(f): 5:39am On Jun 04, 2007
babyosisi:

May the Lord continue to bless you and your sister Ansa and take you to heights you've never known before,in Jesu's name.

Totally in support oo, I'm short of words (that doesn't happen often) . . two parents? gosh - - please eehn dearie take heart ooh, your sis too.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by omoge(f): 11:20am On Jun 04, 2007
candle light for my uncle who passed Dec 26. Rest in Peace uncle Fran.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bebe2007(m): 10:13am On Jun 05, 2007
I light this candle for my Dad,

Daddy you are unfrogettable in every way. Your ever green memory remains with us your children always. I miss you so much, i miss your ways, laughter, jokes grin your talks, your presence, your approval, i think of you everyday even though you have been gone 10 years now it still feels like yesterday. You have failed to see how well we are doing now after all your struggles for us all. I know you will be proud of us definately and i still feel your disapproval when am doing something wrong cuz i know and will never forget what you stand for. I thank God for giving you to me cuz i wouldnt have asked for one better than you. I love you daddy and will always will. May your peaceful soul rest in perfect peace Amen. cry

This candle is for my Niece, Chrisy who died some weeks ago! babes, i never really got to see you but i knew you somehow, i named you even before you were born. You would have made us all very happy especially your little brother. Not to worry, we will meet up and get to know you in heaven. Heard you were a beauty!!!! kiss not surprised i knew you were my babe. rest in peace babes till we meet.

This last candle is for my grand parents, uncles, aunties and friends, may your gentle souls rest in peace. Miss you guys in your individual capacities. One way or the other you have made your mark in my life. Rest in peace all, rest in peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nezerst(f): 6:15pm On Jun 05, 2007
I light ten candles for my brother Chukwudi John Okwudiba who passed away five years ago.
You will always live in our hearts till we meet to part no more.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Islander(f): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2007
@Muki(My smally), Cute-ass(my darling) and Omo(my little sis)
My prayers are with you all,

I am lighting my first candel for my Maternal Grandmother, Eugenia who died in 1974, sadly we never met, but from all reports you were a true Diva inside out.

My maternal Grandfather who died in 1963, Papa I heard no one could have played the guitar like you. RIP,

My paternal grandmother, Hannah, may your soul rest eternally.

And the only grandparent I was blessed to know, my Paternal grandfather, Father Jack, You were the best Pappy. Thank you for showing me how to really roast a breadfruit.

To my friend, brother, father, daddy and confidante, My dearly beloved dad. Mc Cuta, you were simply the best. I can still vividly recall how you would flog the bed and ask me to cry, so that my mom would think you were punishing me. kiss kiss kiss. Thanks for the qualities you have instilled in me, as a result am still here trying to find that person who can be just like you, Papa they are yet to met your standards, Thanks for giving us everything we needed. Thanks for loving Mama dearly, so that she inturn was able to transform that love unto us, your offsprings. I still wet my pillows at nights knowing that we never got that opportunity to do all the things we had planned. I miss you so much words cannot express.

RIP my loved ones, until we see again!!!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by youngies(m): 7:44pm On Jun 05, 2007
Ken,

Those who know you well call you "Scanty n'fefe"
We sing and dance at parties,
argue football on street corners,
run where angel dread to walk,
and from time to time
we look at the star-filled sky
with the same amazement we had
we point at our stars
suddenly you left and joined the stars
every night I see you shining
now I know you are with the Lord.

Ten candles lighted for you, bro
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ifylove505(f): 10:13am On Jun 06, 2007
I light this candle light for my daddy that died by 11.45pm on December 16, 2004

immediately i finished NYSC.You are the best thing that ever happened us.You never

waited to receive and bless my first salary.Indeed a mighty iroko tree has fallen.

We all love you dearly and believe that on that ressurection morning, we shall meet to

part no more.Adieu Daddy.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by uchetobi(f): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2007
 I light a candle for my dearest uncle Onyeje Chukwudi who died on January 8th, 2001. (Uncle I miss you so much. Wish you could see what I’ve become today)
 Another candle for my family friend / church member Sumbo Oduko. Who died in the beach on December 27th 2001. ( still feels like a night mare)
 Another candle for my one time course mate Olatubosun (First class computer science, B. University) who died November 6th, 2006 (two days after convocation) (I still can't believe you are gone)

And finally four candles For my four garnd parents (I miss you and I know my parents miss you more. RIP)
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by sikis(f): 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2007
I light a candle for the love of my life my darling husband, who passed away on the 17th of January 2001, The kids are growing so fast i give thanks to the loard . We miss you everyday.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by legry(m): 7:06pm On Jun 07, 2007
Gazi, Tunde, Ariyeke, Shola, Obisco, Ehizoge The Black President,

I have a few more that have lost, i have not thought about them for some time now but writing this down reallyy makes it start to hurt

Im lighting a candle for all off them even those that i did not write there name, It feels right doing this ( i feel like am honouring them)

My work mate wife passed away yesterday a candle for her

All the memories i have of you all are pleasent and happy ones, this makes me happy cause when i think of any of you i smile and ill continue to do this.

Rest in peace all
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nanaboi(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2007
I light a candle for the love of my life my darling husband, who passed away on the 17th of January 2001, The kids are growing so fast i give thanks to the loard . We miss you everyday.

My heart goes out 2 u on this one. It must be horrible. Did the kids know him well? I dont mean 2 open up wounds. U really dont have to answer me.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Hugoboi(m): 5:35pm On Jun 08, 2007
CANA and FRAU P
May ur souls rest in peace.May the guns that took ur young lives neva clap again and may the fingers that pulled the triggers find repentance.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by spoilt(f): 12:53am On Jun 10, 2007
for my older brother i light a candle.
you were taken in your prime leaving us all so painfully miserable.
i still walk around with a peppery feeling in my chest. the pain never goes away. time has just made it more bearable.
i love you. always will. cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Went Out Behind My Back. / 10 Reasons Nigerian Men Run From Marriage - Vanguard / No Money, No Erection!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.