Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors (41127 Views)

Atiku: Bandits May Soon Register With Corporate Affairs Commission, NSE / Nigerian Army Gets New Dress Code / Fire Guts Corporate Affairs Commission, CAC Headquarters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
gambia:

Base on logistics

This moniker is displaying a high level of ignorance here.

Thanks for the insults and for saying that I am ignorant.

And this ignorant somebody says in return that real life is different from computer life.

Good afternoon , wise old man.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by chinchonglee(m): 3:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

So, do you dress casually on official visits to civil service offices?

Mark Zuckerberg dressing down does not mean everyone else should dress.down.

Or you would like it if your banker or doctor or lawyer dressed anyhow when transacting business with you?

Zuckerberg or no Zuckerberg, dressing well still carries better influence
Sharrap!!! So of all the multiple problems we have in Nigeria, it is dresscode that is their problem.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
What a piece of joke?
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by mu2sa2: 3:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
Azmanaty:

Corporate and not cooperate
Maybe we are dealing with a semi-illiterate fellow.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
chinchonglee:

Sharrap!!! So of all the multiple problems we have in Nigeria, it is dresscode that is their problem.

Good.

Now go and wear your best casual wear to your next job interview, or your best jeans and singlet, with rumpled hair to your next important offical meeting or assigment.

Or maybe when you are representing your business at the CAC or any government office, just wear a pair of knickers and nothing else.

Because, dressing well means, for you, that Nigeria has a problem. So, solve that problem by dressing anyhow on offical assigment.

Thanks for listening. Do have a good day.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Dangrace01: 3:22pm On Feb 11, 2020
But cac website is not working we can't check name availability for months now
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Alex80s(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2020
You want your client to dress well before patronizing you?

If they put it that ladies come to their Office half unclad... They could issue a public Statement...,

This one tire person
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Enemyofpeace: 3:25pm On Feb 11, 2020
Only in Nigeria will this happen. Imagine an office giving dress code to their visitors. God punish you all.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Novaccines: 3:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
Wow
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:30pm On Feb 11, 2020
nonsense and condiment.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by mechanics(m): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
Asking Nigerians to dress properly is now shrinking of civic space, that's funny, if one goes to church he or she must dress properly if not he or she will be turned back home, same goes to CAC.

2 Likes

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Yabariki: 3:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
I did not see anything wrong in this new protocol. just dress decently period.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Yabariki: 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
Just dress decently.
Enemyofpeace:
Only in Nigeria will this happen. Imagine an office giving dress code to their visitors. God punish you all.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
SHARIA LAW!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Aidejay(m): 3:40pm On Feb 11, 2020
A directive by the new management
Meaning an age old directive being enforced by a new management
Meaning the new management is on a path of failure. Theu did not begin by addressing their lackluster and poor online presence and many other pressing issues but jumped on dress code because by dressing corporate their services will become better and saner...? Indeed this new management is clueless and lacks ideas.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by atmstyle: 3:48pm On Feb 11, 2020
Dress code is not the most important thing for CAC. The most important thing is giving people their certificates as at when due.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by tammie24: 3:51pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Or you would like it if your banker or doctor or lawyer dressed anyhow when transacting business with you?

so if I want to do some transactions at the bank I have to look corporate to the bank
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Rhaspody(m): 3:52pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

So, are we saying that only Muslims dress decently?

Okay

MODIFIED

Looking through the comments, one sees that most commenters are opposed to the concept of dressing well.

To be honest, I used to think like that...until I graduated and entered the real world.

And in the real world, people do business better with well dressed people, not with casually dressed people.

The funny thing is that most of the 'I dress how I want' edgelords and egdeladies here...as well as the guy I quoted above who believes that decent dressing =islamization (how reassuring)...will the minute their boss puts a notice saying that they should dress corporate...will dress as ordered. Edgelordisim dies when your salary is at stake.

Look, in the real world , people judge you primarily by your dressing. I'm sorry, but it is the sad fact. So , dress well. Because, if a foreigner comes to our CAC office or any government office and sees people dressed anyhow conducting official business, he is going to carry the image of Nigeria as being an unserious country...and that image is going to mutate and spread like a virulent fungus...until it starts stifling things like investment, and so on...and then jobs get lost...and then we have high crime rate....

Sorry, but when I am on offcial business, I dress well. Just because...

One can dress modestly without putting on shirt and trousers. Besides the customers are not members of the staffs. They can ban indecent dressing but not to the point of enforcing a dress code for customers

2 Likes

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2020
tammie24:
so if I want to do some transactions at the bank I have to look corporate to the bank

Yes, you might even get faster service! smiley

(You can wear your singlet and jeans to the bank as well, and get good service still: I'm just amused that people being asked to dress well is making so many of you throw temper tantrums...)
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by quiteboy(m): 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2020
Prophet Fela talk this thing that year oh
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
Rhaspody:

One can dress modestly without putting on shirt and trousers. Besides the customers are not members of the staffs. They can ban indecent dressing but not to the point of enforcing a dress code for customers

So dress well...and don't cry about it.

If you dress well, then you should not cry about this directive!
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by quiteboy(m): 3:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
No need to explain further.
Rhaspody:

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by AZeD1(m): 4:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

How does a banker dress affect the work? There's a reason why Nigeria is a terrible country, it's all about the appearance.
You can steal as much as you like, just go to church or mosque and everything will be ok.

You can be a dunce in whatever you do, Gnaeusmagnus will patronize you because your dressing is what is important.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by sundayoluwatimi(m): 4:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
They should also make their processes better. I was debited today for a business name registration but I was not sent a receipt. I called all the 5 numbers on their website but 4 were switched off and 1 unreachable. This too needs to wear a corporate shirt.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by ginovera: 4:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
CarlosTheJackal:
Is this the problem of Corporate Affairs Commission?

I'm not their staff so my dressing shouldn't be their concern.

Imagine if Zuckerberg came to register Facebook wearing a Polo shirt and a Jean he will be turned back.

Idiots are now growing geometrically in Nigeria

Take a chill pill. Zuckerberg gotta send His Lawyer who would dress as his code of ethic expect of him. smiley
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 11, 2020
AZeD1:

How does a banker dress affect the work? There's a reason why Nigeria is a terrible country, it's all about the appearance.
You can steal as much as you like, just go to church or mosque and everything will be ok.

You can be a dunce in whatever you do, Gnaeusmagnus will patronize you because your dressing is what is important.

Because...sadly, people judge others by their dressing.

It's a reality of this cold hard world...and one I don't like by the way.

Humanity is a visual race. That's why for people hawking your latest snake oil or ponzi scheme, dressing well is part of the scam. If they dressed like the evil personages they are , they would not get any decieving done.

Even the Devil appears as an angel of light, because appearing as the real Infernal Majesty he is would scare the potential customers and the potential worshippers off...

The truth is,if you dress anyhow, it damages your image automatically. Poeple judge you. Because we are humans, not gods or mind readers. We cannot make judgements based on reading whatever inner attribute you have...we make judgements on what we see....

Or if you are so tolerant, would you agree to be treated by a doctor wearing nothing but his birthday suit in the office?? Or would you like to have your three year old kid taught by a lady wearing nothing but a micro-bikini in class...since we must not judge.

Welcome to planet Earth...where there is one rule...presentation, presentation. A little sugar makes the medicine go down...the medicine go down....
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by tammie24: 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Yes, you might even get faster service! smiley

(You can wear your singlet and jeans to the bank as well, and get good service still: I'm just amused that people being asked to dress well is making so many of you throw temper tantrums...)
because how people dress shouldn't be your problem or the bone of contention

What about focusing on improving your services cos I hear the service there is shitty

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
tammie24:
because how people dress shouldn't be your problem or the bone of contention

What about focusing on improving your services cos I hear the service there is shitty

Oh, I guess they should improve their service...!

But at the same time, people should also dress properly.

Sorry, but this is the real world. People judge what they see, not what you have.
Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by chinchonglee(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Good.

Now go and wear your best casual wear to your next job interview, or your best jeans and singlet, with rumpled hair to your next important offical meeting or assigment.

Or maybe when you are representing your business at the CAC or any government office, just wear a pair of knickers and nothing else.

Because, dressing well means, for you, that Nigeria has a problem. So, solve that problem by dressing anyhow on offical assigment.

Thanks for listening. Do have a good day.
am I looking for job at CAC

The problem with Africans(black brains) is that we leave important issues and tackle unnecessary ones.
So wearing a jean and shirt now makes me irresponsible?
Nigerians re jst bunch of useless idiots.

No wonder pastors normally wear suit and tie to deceive us into believing they are responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by AZeD1(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
Gnaeusmagnus:

Because...sadly, people judge others by their dressing.

It's a reality of this cold hard world...and one I don't like by the way.

Humanity is a visual race. That's why for people hawking your latest snake oil or ponzi scheme, dressing well is part of the scam. If they dressed like the evil personages they are , they would not get any decieving done.

Even the Devil appears as an angel of light, because appearing as the real Infernal Majesty he is would scare the potential customers and the potential worshippers off...

The truth is,if you dress anyhow, it damages your image automatically. Poeple judge you. Because we are humans, not gods or mind readers. We cannot make judgements based on reading whatever inner attribute you have...we make judgements on what we see....

Or if you are so tolerant, would you agree to be treated by a doctor wearing nothing but his birthday suit in the office?? Or would you like to have your three year old kid taught by a lady wearing nothing but a micro-bikini in class...since we must not judge.

Welcome to planet Earth...where there is one rule...presentation, presentation. A little sugar makes the medicine go down...the medicine go down....
This is not a planet earth problem, it's a Nigerian problem.

I wear jeans to interviews, I wear jeans to work. In the summer I switch to shorts. Ladies in my office also wear shorts in the summer and nobody cares because you are paid to do the work, not be a fashion model.

If the folks at CAC were smart, they'll spend their thinking of how to reduce folks from coming to their office.

1 Like

Re: Corporate Affairs Commission Implements Dress Code For Visitors by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
chinchonglee:
am I looking for job at CAC

The problem with Africans(black brains) is that we leave important issues and tackle unnecessary ones.
So wearing a jean and shirt now makes me irresponsible?
Nigerians re jst bunch of useless idiots.

Thanks for calling me a useless i"""t.

God bless, wise boy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / El-Rufai: I Will Not Release El-Zakzaky So Long I’m Governor / What Saraki, Dogara Told Buhari About Dino Melaye’s Travail, 2018 Budget - READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.