Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,237 members, 7,780,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:58 PM

The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! (1560 Views)

Earth Is DIMMING Due To Climate Change, Scientists Warn ( Pics) / A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / 7,000-Year-Old Well In Eastern Europe, Oldest Wooden Structure Ever Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
Some people are going about claiming the earth is millions to billions of years old! I dont know where they getting these scientific ideas from but I feel the need to be educated, so tell me you are wrong and only me is correct please!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_creationism?wprov=sfla1

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by TUANKU(m): 10:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
YEC is bullshit... bases it's claims on religion and sentiment instead of science and logic.

2 Likes

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by Toluwarnih(m): 6:48am On Feb 12, 2020
TUANKU:
YEC is bullshit... bases it's claims on religion and sentiment instead of science and logic.
unlearned atheist won't believe the truth, YEC does not base its claim on what u think, it only uses the reference from the scripture as a backup of its already discovered facts

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by LordReed(m): 8:09am On Feb 12, 2020
Toluwarnih:
unlearned atheist won't believe the truth, YEC does not base its claim on what u think, it only uses the reference from the scripture as a backup of its already discovered facts

What are the already discovered facts?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by TUANKU(m): 9:01am On Feb 12, 2020
Toluwarnih:
Gullible religionists will believe anything as the truth.
I know about YEC and they are bullshit.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by khalhokage(m): 5:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
Question: Did God create the earth then put fossilized dinosaur bones in the earth for shíts and giggles or did dinosaurs exist 10,000 years ago then all somehow become extinct within such a short time and their bones also fossilized within that amount of time?

I bet you also believe the earth is flat and vaccines cause autism.

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2020
khalhokage:
Question: Did God create the earth then put fossilized dinosaur bones in the earth for shíts and giggles or did dinosaurs exist 10,000 years ago then all somehow become extinct within such a short time and their bones also fossilized within that amount of time?

I bet you also believe the earth is flat and vaccines cause autism.
I think "God might have created the earth then put fossilized dinosaur bones in the earth for shíts and giggles". I don't believe it though because I do not know because it was before my time.

But of course the earth is flat! People fall off its edge all the time!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10353789_jrs53detailflatearth2x_jpegcda5f17923e0db132132ce6da515eb2b
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 5:39pm On May 01, 2020

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 5:26pm On May 02, 2020
Further brain washing resources are available here.
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by bmdmixer: 1:49pm On May 04, 2020
shey nah d same people wen say pluto nah planet later no b planet?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by wirinet(m): 1:52pm On May 08, 2020
Toluwarnih:
The same way it uses the scriptures as a back up for already discovered fact that the earth is flat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by bmdmixer: 3:55pm On May 08, 2020
dem dey there wen dey name am earth
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 4:35pm On May 14, 2020
bmdmixer:
dem dey there wen dey name am earth
Dem dey there when God said "Let there be..?"
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 14, 2020
Toluwarnih:
YEC uses references from the scripture to backup the scripture.
Discovered facts prove how wrong your theories are. With all the fossils stating otherwise, how does one still believe that the earth is 6000yrs?

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 14, 2020
budaatum:

Dem dey there when God said "Let there be..?"
No one finds it weird that the moment when God simply came to being was documented. We know the exact words he used when creating the earth. We know the descendants of the first man on earth, their names, how long they lived, and so on.
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 12:09am On May 15, 2020
Dew04:
No one finds it weird that the moment when God simply came to being was documented. We know the exact words he used when creating the earth. We know the descendants of the first man on earth, their names, how long they lived, and so on.
I'd find it very weird if anyone "documented the moment when God simply came to being", and I do not know "the exact words he used when creating the earth".

Despite what is written, such arrogance is beyond me to be honest.
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by Amujale(m): 4:48am On May 27, 2020
The Earth is older than 10,000 years old.

Brachychampsa Montana:

This 80-million-year-old reptile is among the earliest alligatorids known to science.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/prehistoric/brachychampsa-montana/

Human history dates over 500,000 years ago.
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by Amujale(m): 4:52am On May 27, 2020
All the current stock of people living on planet Earth are descendants of the African woman who lived around 150,000 years ago.
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 3:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
Amujale:
The Earth is older than 10,000 years old.

Brachychampsa Montana:

This 80-million-year-old reptile is among the earliest alligatorids known to science.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/prehistoric/brachychampsa-montana/

Human history dates over 500,000 years ago.
Are you suggesting that my 10000 year old statement is not a "fact", Amujale, and only an assertion?

Let me assert it again so you know its a "fact"!

The earth is 10000 years old!

There, fact! Since that's how this apparently works.

Google, along with the link in op, clearly shows "Those are proven facts", since it "doesn't amount to them being my material".
Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by Amujale(m): 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by Amujale(m): 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2020
budaatum:

There, fact! Since that's how this apparently works

I see what you did there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 5:45pm On Jun 02, 2020
Amujale:

https://www.nairaland.com/5884804/earth-least-4.5-billion-years
Look at you posting a link to checkable evidence instead of just asserting like I did hoping you would take by word for it!

Now, imagine if I keep asserting that the earth is 10,000 years old without providing any evidence for my assertion. Wouldn't you just shake your head and say "that buda is a brainless idiot"?

1 Like

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by Amujale(m): 5:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
budaatum:

Look at you posting a link to checkable evidence instead of just asserting like I did hoping you would take by word for it!

Now, imagine if I keep asserting that the earth is 10,000 years old without providing any evidence for my assertion.

Thought there was the evidence in my response on that thread.

I will check again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Earth Is A New Born 10,000 Year Old Baby! by budaatum: 5:56pm On Jun 02, 2020
Amujale:

I see what you did there.
I knew you would see what I did there, lol.

Any fool can assert, but verifiable facts are indeed king. That's why they teach "show your sources" at graduate level. You can't write a final year thesis without providing verifiable references.

The reason I'm saying all this and have said it to you numerous times, is, its not enough to just assert that "God is fake", or "Bible is a lie". And doing so makes one no different to a person who assert that "Jesus is Lord".

You have something you teach, and including evidence for your claim makes it more credible. But make sure its evidence of quality though, and not that stuff you posted about email invention, if you can.

Now, get off my thread with your superior knowledge about the age of the earth and let me continue to ignorantly assert my earth is 10000 years old without any evidence for my ignorant claim! wink

(1) (Reply)

IJOY Tornado Nano Released / For Sale:i Have A Clean Dell Inspiron 1521 With 3gb Ram 60k / Multilinks Modems For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.