Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) (54731 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project (Pictures) / Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Reconstruction Of Enugu - Port Harcourt Road (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Blindersoff: 8:25am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:
They are working so hard to gather points they'd consider enough to curry the Eastern votes in 2023.

But hey, I think I need to remind us that the Second Niger bridge was commissioned as Public Private Partnership Project.

What that means, as I remember president GEJ saying then, is that once the govt pays it's counterpart fund for the project, which Jonathan did, the project will go on irrespective of who is in power.

That's the truth they don't want us to remember.

I will just ask you two questions

Who are the private investors involved in this project and where is the proof that Jonathan paid anything?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Nobody: 8:26am On Feb 12, 2020
youngbabaj:

you're right, absolutely right,
I was there when Jonathan even said that the funds for the bridge should be included into our yearly budget. ..........

I have the video

How can GEJ asked that it should be included into our yearly budget? Something GEJ has already paid for?

all of una na mumuu

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by wwwkaycom(m): 8:26am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:
They are working so hard to gather points they'd consider enough to curry the Eastern votes in 2023.

But hey, I think I need to remind us that the Second Niger bridge was commissioned as Public Private Partnership Project.

What that means, as I remember president GEJ saying then, is that once the govt pays it's counterpart fund for the project, which Jonathan did, the project will go on irrespective of who is in power.

What was the outcome when the southeast refused to vote for APC in 2019 brother?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by SaintLucia: 8:27am On Feb 12, 2020
manontree:
This is such bullcrap. I passed this bridge from the Asaba axis last week and noted the lack of progress on this bridge. The few work going on was at the Asaba dinner city and only the ocean pillars have been installed across d water. They look old and unattended and no underwater or over water construction was ongoing

There is no way at this pace this project would even be 20% completed when these clowns leave power. This is just stupid propaganda and I would like anyone to bet me if this government would complete this before the 2023 elections

Shame
You will continue to pass by like a lunatic who always pass by without knowing what is happening around him because the brain is no longer functioning.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by knowhowk: 8:29am On Feb 12, 2020
Developments is all we need to make life easier,This is good.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Myself2(m): 8:30am On Feb 12, 2020
NGpatriot:
#FGAtWORK… Next Level Agenda. The Honourable Minister of Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on the deck of the 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section by Messrs Julius Berger Plc on the 11th of February, 2020.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FMWHNIG/status/1227297126687760384

The woeful and incompetent government of Buhari, always busy going to inspect or commission projects GEJ had either completed physically or had completed paying the federal governments counterpart funding requirements
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by suremanpatriot: 8:31am On Feb 12, 2020
mamangida took 7yrs to build 3rd mainland bridge angry
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Ojiofor: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2020
supereagle:

I learnt it Buhari that came and fixed the road to his village and also built a bridge that leads to Deziani village.

Jonathan is better forgotten when it comes to projects in Eastern Nigeria during his administration.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 12, 2020
Myself2:

The woeful and incompetent government of Buhari, always busy going to inspect or commission projects GEJ had either completed physically or had completed paying the federal governments counterpart funding requirements

Clearly Goodluck did not

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-awards-n206bn-contract-for-2nd-niger-bridge

https://punchng.com/fg-releases-n33bn-for-second-niger-bridge-project/
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Coldie(m): 8:33am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

Uptil now una still dae call Gej.

I hope u are not an Igbo person, cause if u are and I meet u in person na only army go separate our fight

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by colestephan86: 8:34am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

And all GEJ could do in six years is only to make funds available and the bridge never got off the ground.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by suremanpatriot: 8:34am On Feb 12, 2020
mamangida took 7yrs to build 3rd mainland bridge angry
naija yu go see diffnt things
Lawyer doin Engineer work with all the chartered engineers in naija society of enginees sad
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Reptyle(m): 8:35am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

GEJ paid counterpart funding? Can you show proof of this?

The way some of you talk, it is almost like you wish the project was stalled or didn't even exist just so that you people can continue to hold on to you fallacious claims that Buhari hates Igbos.

Unfortunately for people like you, Buhari "hates" the Igbos so much that he is determined to complete this project as well as any other projects in the Southeast before his tenure winds up. If he doesn't the next President of Nigeria will continue from where he stopped.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Nakedtruths: 8:35am On Feb 12, 2020
Blackeuropean:
This bridge no dey finish?

I tire o

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Coldie(m): 8:39am On Feb 12, 2020
Ojiofor:

Forget Jonathan Abeg.
He was never serious in building that bridge or any other project in the East including his SS.
Anybody who wants to know how useless Jonathan was should pay a visit to Katsina state.

The state right now is receiving maximum federal presence. To even take light for there na war. But Gej during his presidency even the road to his community he couldn't do for full blown 6years

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by davidodiba(m): 8:44am On Feb 12, 2020
Blackeuropean:

May sense of respecting others opinions fall on you.

Amen
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 12, 2020
Godons1:
Buhari is working, haters go and die. grin

Back to wicked sender.
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:49am On Feb 12, 2020
Awol1:

And what Jonathan said is what you took seriously abi?

What percentage completion did Jonathan achieve with the project?

Didn't you know that the project was reviewed under the current adminstration to include a rail line to Onitsha from Agbor?

It makes no sense to hinge the project on 'trying to curry Igbo votes' because Igbos have never particularly supported Buhari, and Buhari is serving his 2nd term already.

The 2nd Niger Bridge is a national interest project, whichever way you look at it, but especially in the sense of the economy and ease of doing business.

I would like to let you know that a PPP project does not imply that it is not a government project. The PPP is just designed to fasttrack realization of critical projects.

The funds coming from the private companies or consortiums are not free, as participating entities will recoup their investments.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by wirinet(m): 8:50am On Feb 12, 2020
isthatso:

Only a fool will open his mouth condemning Amaechi and praising FAshola. FAshola is a monumental failure considering the hype and Amaechi is no doubt the best minister we’ve had since 1999.....bar none! I speak as a Yoruba man. Name a major project FAshola has finished, all he does is go on TV speaking English and theory..if this, then that...deliverables nothing. In the time Amaechi delivered Lagos Ibadan rail from scratch, FAshola has barely improved on what he met on Lagos Ibadan express.
I Concur 100%.
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Stanchem029: 8:51am On Feb 12, 2020
Blackeuropean:
Ask Ebelemi Jonathan Good luck
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:53am On Feb 12, 2020
uuzba:
This bridge is not looking fine O. We want to be snapping fine picture on it O.
They're just gumming the cement as if it's room and palour they are making.
After now, you will go to China and be opening teeth when you see their own bridge.
grin

Who be this one?

It is Julius Berger that is handling the project.

You guys are just enemies of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by SoNature(m): 8:55am On Feb 12, 2020
isthatso:

Only a fool will open his mouth condemning Amaechi and praising FAshola. FAshola is a monumental failure considering the hype and Amaechi is no doubt the best minister we’ve had since 1999.....bar none! I speak as a Yoruba man. Name a major project FAshola has finished, all he does is go on TV speaking English and theory..if this, then that...deliverables nothing. In the time Amaechi delivered Lagos Ibadan rail from scratch, FAshola has barely improved on what he met on Lagos Ibadan express.

First of all, being a Yoruba doesn't necessarily mean you like Fashola

Secondly, Lagos-Ibadan Railway hasn't been delivered yet. And the Chinese contractors are uncertain when it will be ready as they keep changing the date.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Lovelife433(m): 8:57am On Feb 12, 2020
Sukueponmalu:
[s][/s]
Clown does not know the difference between having an opinion, and spreading falsehood.
Make sure you get sense by force this 2020.
oga what is ur problem? Abi u just wat to be oloriburuku for no reason? Respect ppls opinion abeg.
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:00am On Feb 12, 2020
daddytime:
Work in progress.....
Sure.
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by mechanics(m): 9:02am On Feb 12, 2020
Blackeuropean:
lolz, the bridge is a big project.
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Bluntemperor: 9:02am On Feb 12, 2020
Sukueponmalu:

You no dy ever get sense??

foolishness in the man above you can bring GEJ back to power and make Mama Peace the Minister of Finance.It is unfortunate that you consider the Bridge like the one from Surulere to APAPA Wharf,just because you want to be relevant.You may not like Buhari,but he has shown commitment to finished this assignment,so your GEJ is irrelevant here.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by APCNig: 9:03am On Feb 12, 2020
Blackeuropean:

Goatluck Jonaddaft don finish am nah. Na the bridge he rode to the potopoto republic when he was campaigning in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Jamarii: 9:04am On Feb 12, 2020
[s]
Bolustical:
[s]

The reality is gradually setting in.

It's no longer propaganda, shame has finally caught up with you.

It's now hard to dispute facts and all you can do is to ramble

Nigeria will work whether you like it or not.
[/s]
Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Ojiofor: 9:04am On Feb 12, 2020
Coldie:

Anybody who wants to know how useless Jonathan was should pay a visit to Katsina state.

The state right now is receiving maximum federal presence. To even take light for there na war. But Gej during his presidency even the road to his community he couldn't do for full blown 6years

Jonathan is better forgotten. There is nothing he can point his finger to and said that is my achievement in his locality.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by CoolAmbience(m): 9:06am On Feb 12, 2020
SoNature:
Give it to Bar Babatunde Fashola.

This man is Yoruba, but he has visited the SE/SS inspecting projects more than Chibuike Amaechi who comes from that region.

I am sure Amaechi has no plans to go for an elective position again because he is not setting the right precedence.

Did just you finish drinking uncooked akamu?

The 2nd Niger Bridge is perhaps one of the landmark projects of Fashola's Works and Housing ministry just as the Lagos-Ibadan Railway project is Amaechi's star project.

Amaechi practically lives in Lagos. So, what are you saying?

You guys can't just stop being unnecessarily petty.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 12, 2020
SoNature:

First of all, being a Yoruba doesn't necessarily mean you like Fashola

Secondly, Lagos-Ibadan Railway hasn't been delivered yet. And the Chinese contractors are uncertain when it will be ready as they keep changing the date.

Thank you

I mentioned the Yoruba thing because the person I responded to brought it up.

I don’t like FAshola, never liked him even when he was Lagos governor, always thought he was overhyped by an electorate accustomed to mediocrity.

The track is finished. That in itself is an achievement. Mind you it was started in 2017. All FAshola had to do was complete a road that was already more than 50% completed in 2015, what has he been able to do? Again I ask you to tell me what project FAshola has completed in 5 years? He incompetence was so exposed he was removed from power ministry.

FAshola talks a good talk, but if you examine what he delivers, you will find emptiness. If he wasn’t a politician or a lawyer, he would be a salesman or a pastor! We all know the requirements for those professions especially in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over Quarterly Business Forum (Photos) / Dino Melaye: Buhari Has Sent Oshiomhole To Golgotha / Amotekun, Herdsmen Clash In Aiyete, Oyo. Seven People Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.