Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? (343 Views)

Man Hacks His Friend To Death, Arrested After Stealing His Money.Graphic Photos / 19-year-old Lagos Girl Drugs Her Friend To Sleep For 15 Hours, Steals From Her / US Based Nigerian Man Cries Out After SARS Forced His Friend to Pay N920k(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? by eazisky(m): 8:36am On Feb 12, 2020
Good day everyone, please I need you guys to help me with an idea on how to stop a lady friend (colleague) from drinking, she drinks to stupor and most times someone who doesn't even know her takes her home through her fone contact, I've taken her home severally each time I receives calls from unknown through her fone, just yesterday again, she drank to stupor and I've told her to stop calling me, I told her I'm no longer her Friend cos I can't be a friend to a drunkard, then she started pleading with me to forgive her and she will appreciate if I can help her stop the habit, I told her I can't, the only person who can help her is herself, but she insisted that I help her out but really I wish I can help her but I don't know how to, she's a beautiful lady anyway, I don't know if she has a boyfriend, I've never asked cos I'm married, the last time I took her home, her younger sister told me their mum is really going through alot just because of my colleague, even if not for anything, I would like to help her just because of her mum, but how to go about it is what I don't know, if anyone have an idea pls feel free to share.
Thanks.
Re: How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? by donbachi(m): 8:47am On Feb 12, 2020
Rehab.let her apply for a leave...after,which she will stay indoors for two weeks...she should take more of juiced drinks.
Re: How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 12, 2020
You are married. A person who gets drunk and has to be attended to by strangers is simply a problem waiting to explode. She could be harmed, scammed or even killed. These are red flags. My advice to you is to refer her to someone or an institution that can help her. This is beyond you. If she gets into any of the above mentioned trouble the headache she's giving you now will be nothing compared to what will come after.
In life I've learnt to avoid complexities or being the overly good Samaritan. Often times this is how one gets into trouble innocently. Get Her help and just monitor her or check on her. That's the wise thing to do. You are in no position to help her out of this.
By the way how come she's still able to keep a job with this kind of life?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? by Jamahyel(m): 8:48am On Feb 12, 2020
Talk to her, she might be depressed. Have a heart to heart talk with her.
Re: How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? by shagasha: 11:27am On Feb 12, 2020
Just do whatever u can do
Re: How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? by Karemarealty288(m): 11:36am On Feb 12, 2020
Always give her pepper anytime she craves for alcohol for 3months...

Re: How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? by adecz: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2020
You can't!!

E dey body!!
Re: How Do You Help A Lady Friend To Stop Drinking? by chinchonglee(m): 12:39pm On Feb 12, 2020
Never...
Alcohol too sweet.
Especially Heineken grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Covid 19 Outbreak Wont Those In Prisons Be Allowed To Go Home? / Delta Police Seen Assaulting Old Man, Seize Bike, For Going To Buy Food For Kids / Lock Down @ Mowe/ofafa Road, Mowe, Ogun State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.