Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane (21175 Views)

Valentine: Take A Pic Of Your Gift Package And Comment Your Val's Name. / Who Is Your Val? / Share Photos Of Your Val Gifts Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by tripua: 11:33am On Feb 12, 2020
We won’t ask anyone to stay off, not even those born in early 2000s but those who have been around for a while can relate better. In this post we will explore gifts that made our day back in the days and the corresponding gifts that fit into today’s age.

1. A walk man CD player
Did you play such songs as Wyclef Jean’s Diallo on this device or TLC’s no scrub or any of Celine Dion’s over one thousand songs (lol). Guys those days don’t mind the heavy load this makes. With the baggy jean and oversize shirts, it’s a bang. This days, its apple’s ear pod to the rescue.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by tripua: 11:34am On Feb 12, 2020
2. Okay, Okay, say no more. Did you meet any of these first generational ‘hand set?’ Them Siemens, Alcatel, Erickson, Sendo lols. If you land any of these stuffs in those days, it’s a big one. The antenna on them make them unique, they can’t stay in your pocket no doubt. Some even find a way to attach a rope. You remember?
Anyways, it is 2020, just get him or her an iPhone 11 or something.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by tripua: 11:36am On Feb 12, 2020
3. Here comes the all-time blessed Palito radio.
When your budget is quite low, say like #500, you go for a palito radio. Never mind that the earpiece sounds like an empty drum, you will still enjoy the value off the product. We need add that the earpiece can last twenty years lol. The advent of smart phones sent all these kind of stuffs into oblivion.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by tripua: 11:36am On Feb 12, 2020
4. Look well, it is an MTN SIM pack. Many people, both male and female sacrificed their home training for it back then. When MTN arrived in Nigeria, this was a gold mine. I remember buying mine for #38,000. An MTN SIM is now not more than a hundred naira and you can get it free in most places. Back then, you buy SIM first and then go on to save for another couple of months before you buy a phone. Now imagine getting it as a gift.
Now that we live in an age where data subscription is life, you can go for a year sub or even six months. E go make sense.

14 Likes

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by Offpoint: 11:37am On Feb 12, 2020
Booked

2 Likes

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by tripua: 11:38am On Feb 12, 2020
5. Valentine card (winks)
With a hundred or fifty naira in those days, you will land this and then you address it to the supposed love of your life. There are now sophisticatedly looking cards and gifts that will be branded and carry just the same or better effect.
One of the morals of this post as readers will be quick to point out is that nothing lasts forever. Nothing in this world is worth dying for. No doubt, many have lost their lives in the pursuit of these mundane things. However, it is also important that we live in the moment. Just never forget to know where to draw the line and what to do to strike a balance.

Which other old stuff comes to your mind? Share with us.
Source: http://loftycentre.com.ng/2020/02/12/the-best-gifts-for-your-val-going-down-memory-lane/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by shogsman(m): 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2020
Celebrating love in a country filled with tribalism, pure hate is a waste of time and resources

8 Likes

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by YungMike(m): 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2020
Interesting. smiley

I have a Valentine gift offer for those planning to leave the country, or those currently staying outside the country who wish to be calling their family and friends in Nigeria for as low as 10kb/s.

Download the "SmileVoice" app on playstore and check my signature for contact on how to get a Smile Voice Number. Will be waiting.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by fatymore(f): 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2020
Val Val Val

Please joor...

Who is going to be my Val?

Bills on me grin

2 Likes

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by LosC: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
How many Val posts have I seen this morning via FP.
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by Factfinder1(m): 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
What's the unnecessary hype about Valentine in Nigeria.... We like overdoing things in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by six6prax: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
val everthing, i'm tired
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:43pm On Feb 12, 2020
We remembered just like yesterday,

A dozen plate of delicious, hot, fresh, sweet aroma Barbecue Chicken and Fish for boo and the family.

That is where the Love of Barbecue started from for all of us @[/color].

[color=#990000]The Best Barbecue are the ones you eat with friends!!

BARBECUE IS LOVE!
BARBECUE IS LIFE!!

If you love life, then EAT BARBECUE!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by GREATESTPIANIST: 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by OakConsultNG: 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
Interesting times.. an evening at Mr. Biggs maybe?

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by franugo(m): 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
shocked mehn say ancient gadgets wink
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by yesloaded: 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
tripua:
2. Okay, Okay, say no more. Did you meet any of these first generational ‘hand set?’ Them Siemens, Alcatel, Erickson, Sendo lols. If you land any of these stuffs in those days, it’s a big one. The antenna on them make them unique, they can’t stay in your pocket no doubt. Some even find a way to attach a rope. You remember?
Anyways, it is 2020, just get him or her an iPhone 11 or something.

My first mobile device in the year 2003 grin

I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos to buy London used of this phone grin

7 Likes

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by GeneralPula: 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2020
Nairaland with Val Paparazi self ..
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by kay29000(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
Memories. I had a friend that used to get these giant size Val cards for his girlfriends back then. He used to call them boxcards or something cheesy

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by Horlaarsco: 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
Better be my val and be getting free sub ����
That's all I can offer ooo.. Or kuku patronise me..
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by Thirteenblood: 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
Wow
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by DropsMic(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
Naija girls no send all these stuffs

1 Like

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by meum: 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2020
grin
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by simhosting: 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2020
cool
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by kay29000(m): 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2020
yesloaded:

My first mobile device in the year 2003 grin

I travelled from Ibadan to Lagos to buy London used of this phone grin

Can you remember how much you got it? I hijacked my mom's own back then.

1 Like

Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
my was a slippers
Re: The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane by Chinwe4real(f): 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
Okay.

I've never in my twenty three years of existing, received a valentine gift.

I've always being the giver.

This year, no more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Get Your Parents To Accept Your Relationship / I Cheated On My Wife With Another Mans Wife What Do I Do? / My Ex Won't Take Off My Pictures On His Facebook Profile, Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.