Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:35 PM

Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? (7051 Views)

Poll: 2nd term?

Yes: 83% (103 votes)
No: 16% (20 votes)
This poll has ended

It Is Sallah: Will Gov Aregbesola Pay Osun Workers? (PHOTO) / Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Gov.Fashola And Ambode Dancing Dorobucci(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by goodbobo: 10:46am On Dec 15, 2010
I am highly disappointed that u guys can even argue about this . Which governor since 1999 has done as much as Fashola ? Nigerians are so myopic , you have someone doing exceedingly greatly like Fashola and u are asking for another one that has not being tested . Nigerians as a whole should even beg him for a second term if possible .

We have had , over the years , governors and presidents that all the care about his their pockets. Even those that wants to perform don't even know how to go about it , Our resources had been channel into where we dont know . Very very few of our leaders can have something to show for there various tenure in office . And now we are here asking whether the only one person that can stand out of the very many should get the second them ticket or not . Fashola wants perform and he know how to go about it , he is a great project manager

Please cast your mind back to what lagos looks like 4 years ago and u will shocked at what u realize being done by Fashola .

If i were to decide , Fashola should get an authomatic second term and after which he should be the next Nigerian president
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by clogogo(m): 10:51am On Dec 15, 2010
tell me who dont have a Godfather,, is it from local gov chairman or the president,,, but we need something

Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by nnacent(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2010
Its really disappointing that young lads who have probably spent all their lives in the tyranny of bad leaders will at the face of development be talking about change. Any better politician should not plan to take over from a good politician, there are so many bad politicians in our country. let them go there. By the way who said that Banire cannot be at the background for progress sake?

IN FASHOLA I STAND.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by Kajiang02(m): 11:22am On Dec 15, 2010
MUIZ wld b a beta replacement if fashola doesnt emerge,
bt i tink fashola shld b allowed to rule givin his commitmnt &ideologys.
Tinubu is d major problem cos he's tryin to use lagos wealth to mke himsef a mini god for d west,
funds dt r 2b used 4d entire lagos citizens,
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by illusion2: 11:37am On Dec 15, 2010
The only problem I have with Banire is that he speaks English like an Area boy high on 'igbo' cheesy

But seriously,PDP will capture Lagos is Fashola doesn't get a second term.

Once political parties implode internally their opponents benefit.

Muiz should wait for his turn. . .as for Ikuforiji. . . . no comments lipsrsealed
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by Guyman02: 12:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
bidemi12:

A great leader is one who identifies another leader and nutures him like fashola did with him.

Muiz should wait for his time, he needs to understudy fashola for one more term so that he can aim to achieve higher than fash who has achieved morethan Tinubu in Lagos governance
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by Reference(m): 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2010
Let the people decide freely.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by Oluwabee(f): 1:01pm On Dec 15, 2010
cheesy grin One one hand i'd love for Fashola to come for the sencond term cos during his administration he was able to curb sum manace ( Like Oshodi whhere  u cant even walk on d road not to talk of the side walk if any) which has been since God knows when. And he was able to make everyone a responsible citizen by payin our taxes. Though some people will want to argue but the truth of the matter is if they go out of d shores of naija the will pay d same tax not being forced.

angry  sad on the other hand I wont want him to come cos if he claims to be so educated and exposed he shld know wat education means and so be able to show his interest in the problem that has been goin on in the so called State University (LASU) for some time now. The school is going doen by the day. And also i wonder why he shld allow the strike in d health sector go on for so long.

Well God help him cos this thing may pose a lot of problems for him if he doesnt find a solution to this LASU's wahala. Its takin too long or is it because Sosan ia the commissioner of education he has decided to hands off?

Hamattan has started and LASU is still in the rain semester lol  grin grin
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by hackney(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2010
Lagos should riot if those enemies of progress dont let fashola get a second term.
That man is the only person that deserves a second  term in the history of nigeria.

(even if he is eating some money some how, no problem as he is doing tangible things as well)
Infact he should be president.

he's not my guv'nor but at least he is shaming my guv'nor and the rest of them.
he is a kind of governorship standard in that hell hole.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by Missy85(f): 1:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
Look around the world & recent history, you'll find that political office holders rarely do well in their 2nd/final term, because - but not limited to - the fact they no longer have to face reelection.

Think Clinton, Bush, Mbeki, Obj - like I said, each of these had different reasons for being distracted in their final term. Also, can you mention any governor in recent political history of Nigeria who did better in his final term.

18 - 24 mths into Fashola's second term, the business of govt will begin to die a slow death. Fasola's focus then will be securing his 'pension' - massive embezzlement.

Yes, he has done very well. H/ever, if there is a capable replacement, Lagosians shld thank Mr Fashola for a job well done, wish him good luck in his future endeavours, and send him on his way.

Second term = massive looting. It's not just Fashola, it's the commissioners, & all the political hangers on. It's the norm accross the country.

People should not  get emotional over this. Think with your head, not your heart.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by bidemi12(m): 1:51pm On Dec 15, 2010
hackney:

(even if he is eating some money some how, no problem as he is doing tangible things as well)
Infact he should be president

Typical insane Nigerian mentality.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by TeskyMan(m): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2010
For the first time in my life time, I have been able to witness a Governor who delivers on almost all his promises. A Governor who listens to the yearnings of the people. For the first time in my life, I have been able to plan along side the socio-economic policies of my state and I tell you I am getting there gradually. For the first time also, I have seen a Public Office holder in person of Gov Babatunde Raji Fashola(BRF) monitoring a project by himself. I saw him "korokoro" twice at City Hall rehabilitation project, Igbosere, Lagos Island at night and also at the dualisation of the Ogunlana Drive, Surulere, which is still on going. At both locations, he came in his casual with 3 guys and a face cap. I spotted him from afar and I quickly alerted the people around me.

I am not saying Fashola does not have his flaws. I am not saying he is darm perfect but for God sake, Only in  Nigeria will a winning team be changed. I could remember my Dad telling me stories about Late Gen. Murtala Mohammed, how he used to sneak out to monitor project before he was murder in cold blood. The same thing happened to some lazy staffs of the Primary Health Care ,Randol, Surulere when he visited them unannounced and immediately they got their judgment. I believe Fashola is up to the task. I believe in his Project Monitoring and Evalution approach. He is a leader to emulate. The truth is that he has been handicapped by his "GODFATHER" Tinubu and we all know what politics they have been playing. As far as I am concerned, if FASHOLA were to defect to PDP or CPC or whatever party due to some reasons and if the slogan of One Man, One Vote still counts. Tinubu does not have more than one Vote, Fashola would floored them all.

We have heard about Muiz but I doubt it if Lagosians will vote him. He is no where near the creadibility of Fashola. All we are aware is that Muiz is ready to do the bidding of Tinubu which will not profit an average Lagosian.

I hope he is giving the chance to rule us for the 2nd term but I finger JIMI AGBAJE in ACN Politics in the year 2011.

Babatunde Raji Fashola, Eko o ni bajee o o o.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by TeskyMan(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2010
Missy85:

Look around the world & recent history, you'll find that political office holders rarely do well in their 2nd/final term, because - but not limited to - the fact they no longer have to face reelection.

Think Clinton, Bush, Mbeki, Obj - like I said, each of these had different reasons for being distracted in their final term. Also, can you mention any governor in recent political history of Nigeria who did better in his final term.

18 - 24 mths into Fashola's second term, the business of govt will begin to die a slow death. Fasola's focus then will be securing his 'pension' - massive embezzlement.

Yes, he has done very well. H/ever, if there is a capable replacement, Lagosians shld thank Mr Fashola for a job well done, wish him good luck in his future endeavours, and send him on his way.

Second term = massive looting. It's not just Fashola, it's the commissioners, & all the political hangers on. It's the norm accross the country.

People should not  get emotional over this. Think with your head, not your heart.

This is a gospel truth. Our situation is where a one eyed man reigns in the land of the blind. Fashola IMO still stand a better chance than Muiz or Speaker Kuforiji or whats his name. The Speaker is just a disgrace to we Lagosians.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by jason12345: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2010
if someone like fashola cannot get a second term ticket in nigeria (lagos) then there is no hope! undecided
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by daphil: 4:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
I would have love Fashola to return for second term but for as many that are politically discerned would know that the cabal (Tinubu) will not allow his return. It is a pity!

In that case, Muiz Banire would not be a bad option! If not, ACN is at the verge of collapsing. Because bad leadership will give the opponents an edge over them.

In years to come, I perceive the fall of ACN, except Tinubu changes his ways.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by babapupa: 4:16pm On Dec 15, 2010
Fashola is heading back to Alausa. Apart from his great performance, Fashola is 80% of their selling point, he's who they point to and reference as their ultimate template of good governance. Without Ashla, they have little or nothing to sell.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by anonimi: 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2010
daphil:

I would have love Fashola to return for second term but for as many that are politically discerned would know that the cabal (Tinubu) will not allow his return. It is a pity!

In that case, Muiz Banire would not be a bad option! If not, ACN is at the verge of collapsing. Because bad leadership will give the opponents an edge over them.

In years to come, I perceive the fall of ACN, except Tinubu changes his ways.

Bola Ige said something like:

History has shown that man does not learn from history.

when he was "defeated" by Olunloyo in the old Oyo State 1983. We all know what followed with the military coup shortly after.
Obviously Ashiwaju of Area Boys- Tinubu is testing the waters to see if he can shove Fashola aside and get a better backside-licker like Muiz to install as gorvernor. Maybe he has forgotten how Sir Michael Otedola of NRC won against the "progressive" SDP candidate that was imposed against popular wish as Lagos governor in December 1991. Sir Michael Otedola is the father of Femi Otedola of AP and Zenon Oil.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by daphil: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
Fashola is not a politician but a technocrat and an administrator. That is why he could do what he has done. Politicians are non performance.

It is a pity that Fashola is involved with these so called rogues-politicians and I know he would be regretting it now, but virtually he can’t do anything about it. They are about to abort his political career. I hope he would be able to get out of this!

Tinubu is set to enthrone himself as the messiah of the Yorubas (another Awolowo). Alas! Fashola is sharing part of that glory. So he needs to be do away with. That is the game.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by daphil: 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2010
Fashola is not a politician but a technocrat and an administrator. That is why he could do what he has done. Politicians are non performers.

It is a pity that Fashola is involved with these so called rogues-politicians and I know he would be regretting it now, but virtually he can’t do anything about it. They are about to abort his political career. I hope he would be able to get out of this!

Tinubu is set to enthrone himself as the messiah of the Yorubas (another Awolowo). Alas! Fashola is sharing part of that glory. So he needs to be done away with. That is the game.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by freshbuoy: 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
I think the idea of rotational governorship every tenure is the best way to stem corruption, Lull in output, over ambition,greed and laziness.fashola really tried in the fibr but d truth is I see only the signboatd and work of the ministry of environment everywhere I go, it appears its only banire's work that is visible, like all the others ate asleep. .banire and fashola were both groomed by the mastermind called tinubu, fashola is a good theorist but I believe muiz has .ore practical skills, delivering the dividends of de.octavu to the common man, I think that is very important, policies that will serve the interest of all and sundry, I don't know what their plan is but a dream ticket would be fashola/bankre. .but will banirr's potential not be suptrssrd and hindered as a deputy? I guess time will telli
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by sesco2006(m): 6:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
All the anti-Fashola personalities who are not sure of reaping directly from the donwline of the [Areaboys' godfather] should have a re-think. The treasury of Lagos state is certainly going the way of Asiwaju's pocket if Fashola doesn't come back. This is the bitter truth.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by sesco2006(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2010
On another serious note, all the anti-Fashola elements in ACN including the ever ambitious, self-styled 'god father' should realize that PDP is at the brink of capturing Lagos without a people oriented candidate like Fashola. It is very clear that any opinion poll in Lagos will give Him at least 98%.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by laggchick: 7:22pm On Dec 15, 2010
I see a lot of people on here saying the treasury is in danger if Dr banire is elected . . .i totally disagree. . Presently the treasury cannot really be said to be safe with the financial true face of lagos scandal surrounding the governor which he was almost impeached for shocked shocked shocked shocked. .if the ceaser of bourdillon takes his bit, i would want to be assured that whatever is left is spent to the best interest of lagosians smiley smiley smiley smiley. .not wasted away like they say fashola does sad sad sad sad. .i personally believe there would be more accountability and prudence under this banire guy . . from what i see he's a very simple grassroots person with strong religous values. . smiley smiley smiley smiley smileyv . .if he doesnt contest, im not voting in the next elections ! !SHIKENA
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by sshalom(m): 10:54pm On Dec 15, 2010
Dr. Banire is an achiever no doubt but for the time being, in Fashola I trust!
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by balo(m): 1:43am On Dec 16, 2010
I think everyone that has interest in getting the ACN ticket should be allowed to contest in the primaries. Giving Fashola automatic ticket is undemocratic. Remember, most people never knew who Fashola was until he became the flagbearer of AC in 2007.

Missy85:

You are right,  after 24 months of even the first term, there was a lull in governance and it's still obvious now. I think Fashola should give credit to his commissioners. Every developmental program in Lagos is attributed to Fashola, forgetting that it has been in the pipeline since Tinubu's era. The BRT scheme was started by Tinubu with his creation of LAMATA, and Muiz Banire was the commissioner for transport then. The beautification of Lagos as well as waste management is under the supervision of the Ministry of Environment, and who is the Commissioner? Banire. The Lekki Free Trade Zone already had a blueprint before Fashola became Governor, yet he goes about as if it was his idea.

my guy, all that one na circus act to make us believe he is humble. A politician is still a politician and can never be trusted. Personally i think he was silly to even do a thing. with the level of insecurity in nigeria why would he take such a risk?
Adams Oshiomoleh came to UI with only his car and no security.

A great leader is one who identifies another leader and nutures him like fashola did with him.

And i wonder who identified Fashola, when it was obvious that he was d least expected to get the AC ticket in 2007. I know Muiz Banire as Commissioner for Transport under Tinubu,  I never knew Fashola until he contested for Governor,  so, how come he is the nurturer and Banire the nurturee, ?
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by bidemi12(m): 1:58am On Dec 16, 2010
balo:

I think everyone that has interest in getting the ACN ticket should be allowed to contest in the primaries. Giving Fashola automatic ticket is undemocratic. Remember, most people never knew who Fashola was until he became the flagbearer of AC in 2007.

You are right, after 24 months of even the first term, there was a lull in governance and it's still obvious now. I think Fashola should give credit to his commissioners. Every developmental program in Lagos is attributed to Fashola, forgetting that it has been in the pipeline since Tinubu's era. The BRT scheme was started by Tinubu with his creation of LAMATA, and Muiz Banire was the commissioner for transport then. The beautification of Lagos as well as waste management is under the supervision of the Ministry of Environment, and who is the Commissioner? Banire. The Lekki Free Trade Zone already had a blueprint before Fashola became Governor, yet he goes about as if it was his idea.
Adams Oshiomoleh came to UI with only his car and no security.

And i wonder who identified Fashola, when it was obvious that he was d least expected to get the AC ticket in 2007. I know Muiz Banire as Commissioner for Transport under Tinubu, I never knew Fashola until he contested for Governor, so, how come he is the nurturer and Banire the nurturee, ?

I cannot see your point, believe me I have tried. Did tinubu not utilize the option of a second term ticket? Why is it so difficult to swallow the notion of same by fashola? No one is saying banire will not perform but fashola has the option and upperhand of contesting for a second term . Oshiomoleh came to UI with only his car and no security, does that make it any less risky for a public official? I pray, please tell me your point?
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by hannie: 3:13am On Dec 16, 2010
too many uninformed posters in here . . .

who is Muiz Banire ?

Banire is just one of the Tinubu touts, just like Ikuforiji and co . . .

Agbaje and co are being used by Tinubu as bargaining grounds to unsteady BRF . . .

Everybody that knows his politics will tell u that ACN's success is hinged on winning Lagos and not primarily on winning Osun and Ekiti, nor Edo and Ondo . . .

ask Akande why he was here last week with all ACN Governors, they were forced to come and plead with BRF as he threatened to leave the party, if BRF should leave ACN then you guys might as well forget that the party ever existed as Lagosians have become politically sophisticated . . .

Aregbesola, Banire, Ikuforiji are the footsoldiers with which Tinubu have been causing havoc in Lagos politics with their Mandate groups, its either their group or nothing . . .seriously I feel BRF has tried by not having quit already, the many groups supporting him are ready to quit ACN if BRF should leave but the fear remains Asiwaju at the end of the day will accept to use him for the elections and few months after HE WILL GET THE LAWMAKERS TO IMPEACH HIM . . .LAGOSIANS SHINE UR EYE !!!

The genesis of this is the the reduction of the IGR money Tinubu makes from his Alpha Beta coy, he used to get 3bn but BRF reduced it to 1.7bn, ever since then, its been war . . .GOD SAVE LAGOS FROM THE HANDS OF JEGUDU JERA LEADERS!!! cry
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by adekampe: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2010
I find it somewhat of an unfortunate parody that fashola and his gang claim to be the change we seek , but when the chips are down they shy away from intellectual discource and resort to slander , defamation of character , PDP shenanigans and all sorts of dirty tricks. .Here in this thread we have a profile of Muiz banire , can anyone please paste Fashola's profile for all to seee ? ?Noone cant cos he doesnt really have one. .all he brandishes is his SAN cos thats what tinubu begged the NBA to give to him to becloud further inquiry into his past achievements.  .Fashola is no achiever pre-governance . .He is just a fortunate opportunutist who now wants to exploit this opportunity to the brink and the way im seeing things evolve this will be the cause of his destruction.

Fashola became a governor in 2007 due to the political structures of men like banire and Ikuforiji and here we have a very uninformed Fashola person trying to destroy the image of Fashola's beneactors. .If you say Lagosians have become politically sophisticated as you put it i take it you mean the elite have become endeared to fashola. .well my dear friend,remember that in 2007 the elite voted for Jimi agbaje and he came a distant 3rd. .Elite politics is not 10/10 politics my dear brother . .but Fashola is welcome to prove me wrong.

Teling lagosians to shine their eye is trying to whip up unnecessary sentiments and im sorry to inform you that people are not silly. .Fashola can keep acting like the victimized underdog to satisfy his appetite for greed but he is really not the victim here. .he's just being greedy an he's afraid a successor might expose all his fraudulent contracts like the ighodalo ones and others we hear about in hush tones. .I know he's also afraid that the interests of PLYCON and his other companies may not be well served until the fully consolidate and stabilize as all these companies are still in early formative stages.

Fashola is a greedy self-serving and play acting administrator as far as im concerned and i really hope he doesnt come back. .he belongs to the class of new-breed politicians who use fake smiles , beautiful speeches and underdog posture to hoodwink the people and shortchange them . .Jonathan also employs these same tactics.

Im more interested in what a leader would do than what he would say;

I'm more interested in a leader that acts than one that talks too much;

I love good speeches but let it be backed up with real development and dividends of democracy. .

The kind of less talk , more action and multiple dividends that banire has quietly been showing in his eight year stint in government. .that is why i throw my support behind the man,that is why i believe in the man.

Fashola is only trying to make a fool of me.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by anonimi: 9:21am On Dec 16, 2010
^^^
thanks for theorising and trying to pull a wool over our eyes.
Please note that we are resolute:

Our mumu don do

Tinubu will meet his waterloo very soon if he continues to play godfather, Ashiwaju of Area Boys instead of changing and playing REAL omoluwabi politics that yorubas are known for since Awo days. He should ask the Ubas in Anambra. He should also remember what happened to SDP in lagos in 1991.
This is not about elite politics it is about the people getting more and more involved about how they are governed rather than stand by and watch a two-faced Ashiwaju of wuruwuru looting them silly of their taxes and allocations received in their names from Abuja to expand his godafather empire in other states.
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:43am On Dec 16, 2010
fashola, carry go! you are too much!
Re: Will Gov. Fashola Of Lagos Get 2nd Term Ticket? by jaso1(m): 11:25am On Dec 16, 2010
I know Asiwaju Hammed Tinubu is deligent beyond most insinuations here, he can never subdue himself so low to come up with idea of Fash replacement at this junction of nascent development in Lag. whatever in his mind i think is high time to let Lagosian know where he truly represented after huge rumours about been a distraction to fashiola efficiency. I know he's a true democrat and distinguished awoism so he won't do something that we earn him Awo (RIP)course in his grave. it could be strategies but that should not bring us back or reduced him to a conclusion of been senile. Fash should also be more active because we know he has more to give Lagosians, don't be distracted by rumours, we voted you there simply because of your promised in which you're fulfilling so more are still yet to be actualised, remember you promised fourth Maryland bridge! which is very key to Lag economic growth. i wish you best of luck omo luwa bi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Has Interest In FG’s N90bn Loan Facility To States / Lagos 2015: Acn Searches For Fashola’s Successor. / Photos: ISIS Cut Off Three Men Head With Sword For Being Homosexuals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.