Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion (56498 Views)

How I Discovered That My Boyfriend Impregnated My Mother — Lady (Photo, Video) / How My Boyfriend Impregnated My Best Friend And Another Girl - Lady Reveals / “My Girlfriend Snatched My Abroad-Based Boyfriend, Now They Are Getting Married” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by frozen70(f): 6:32pm On Feb 13, 2020
Strongmercy123:
Good evenin everyone. Pls I need a word of wisdom and advice from matured minds here. I’m 28 yrs I will be 29 in 2days.

I feel I’m about to make a life mistake. I have been dating my bf for 10yrs now, yes I was young and independent as at that time, the love was so sweet that we could do anything for each other. My bf left the country 5yrs ago and since then it has been long distance relationships, our communication was good.

He visited Nigeria December last yr and left the first week of January. He Begged me to wait for him again and I agreed. I’m currently pregnant and I’m scared to keep the baby, I spoke to him about it and he was happy.

Recently he is complaining of not having money and all. he has suddenly change with the way he talk to me and he doesn’t even have plans for me. He hardly calls and hardly pick my calls. I have tried to talk to him about his recent attitude and he will always end up calling me nag.

I’m thinking about going for abortion but I don’t know if it’s a great choice. He is 34yrs, pls I need advice.

A boy friend of 10yrs, is someone you can tell if you love him or not

He is someone you can tell if he cares for you or not

He is someone you can believe can do anything for you

Have you informed his parents, are they in support of the relationship

Are you willing to keep the pregnancy and wait for him to accept you with the pregnancy or you will abort the pregnancy and later he will apologise to you for dodging and keep you waiting for another 5yrs

Then you keep waiting until you are 40yrs before you will realise that you waited in vain

If you abort , cut off all forms of relationship with communications with him, staying abroad is not a guarantee he belongs to you

If you chose to keep the pregnancy, inform his parents, tell them to find out from him how to go about it, tell them you will be back in two days to get a reply from them

Their decision will give you a clear picture of what to do

If they say keep it, then you got their back, if they say he said he is not ready to settle down

Then you are on your own

2 Likes

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
olabrinks:
if you leave a fully developed baby on its own for longer that 24 -48 hours without care, the baby will die. So what is your point? Whether it’s from the point of conception to a two month old baby, it is a life.
the fetus that cannot inhale its first breath. It is not an individual, just a mass of cells with potential. That's all.

Oga, let her abort it. If you want, you can look after the child should nshe give birth to it
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
olabrinks:
Theres no medical safe surgery hence why it’s only done when necessary. There’s nothing necessary about an abortion if not for the selfish reasons of the mother. So why put your reproductive organs at risk for something that is not necessary? Continue lying to yourself. Hopefully you will not have to go through having an abortion if you have not done so already. Good luck.
it is necessary, and way better than bringing unworthy seed from unworthy men into the world.

You most likely haven't heard of elective surgery before. Go and sit down.

1 Like

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by olabrinks(f): 6:44pm On Feb 13, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
the fetus that cannot inhale its first breath. It is not an individual, just a mass of cells with potential. That's all.

Oga, let her abort it. If you want, you can look after the child should nshe give birth to it
so what about fully developed babies that need medical assistance to breathe, to eat and function? What about premature babies that have to be transferred to a neonatal intensive care unit, are they not living beings? From conception to a certain age, all living beings need assistance to live, whilst depending on the age some will last longer than others. You’re lost and I hope one day you will open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by olabrinks(f): 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
it is necessary, and way better than bringing unworthy seed from unworthy men into the world.

You most likely haven't heard of elective surgery before. Go and sit down.
goodluck
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by galadima77(m): 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
Please just try and bear this child, give all the love to him/her. Trust me when I say he'd come begging. But you gotta try and bear the temporary break up. It hurts but you'd get over it..

Many of us have been there.

* Some of you don't know what heartbreak feels like, so it's really quite difficult to understand her plight.

#keepthebabyplease
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by thesicilian: 7:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
BarrElChapo:

Kindly help me understand your opening statement. if you will ? thanks
What I meant is, there are some men (myself inclusive) who are problem solvers, mainly. When you complain to them, or they see a deficiency, the next thing on their mind is solution. They are usually not that big on affection or ''just checking to see how you are doing'' stuff, but they always do their best to take care of things. The moment they lose that ability to be able to help, e.g if they become broke, they tend to become withdrawn and essentially keep to themselves. This doesn't apply to everyone of course, but I know quite a few.

1 Like

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by thesicilian: 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
spiceadole:

What are the likely complications of an abortion done by a qualified medical doctor at less than 8 weeks?
And what happened to her age?
I just want to know
Abortion at any pregnancy age can cause really serious complications, even in the hands of the most experienced doctors. For example there could be potentially life-threatening heavy bleeding, injuries to any part of the womb, the doctor could mistakenly puncture the womb which can lead to internal bleeding and severe infection, inability to have children in the future, etc. One could even from the anaesthesia alone. And these are just the medical complications alone, not to talk of spiritual, psychological ones, etc.

And I mentioned her age with respect to the fact that she wasn't getting younger and it is a well known medical fact that the older a woman gets, the less the chances of reproduction.
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
olabrinks:
so what about fully developed babies that need medical assistance to breathe, to eat and function? What about premature babies that have to be transferred to a neonatal intensive care unit, are they not living beings? From conception to a certain age, all living beings need assistance to live, whilst depending on the age some will last longer than others. You’re lost and I hope one day you will open your eyes.
thier chances of survival are higher. Once it is less than 500g, it can't survive in an incubator. A foetus has POTENTIAL, That's all.
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by IMASTEX: 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
Lamanii22:

Hmmmm... Mehn... This life seem really long and at the same time short, one's youthful age would just pass in split seconds.... Your saying at the end's so true..

It happened to my neighbour too.. She's got two daughters, her husband went to the UK after they did their wedding.. He came home just once and that once was like after 10years... He travelled back shortly... He later sent a text saying that she should find somebody else, he specifically said she should find someone that can satisfy her sexually... Imagine.. I never desired abroad based relationship ever since.. It's either we go together or we should manage Naija like that...
that is the reality of life commonly referred to as inside life. So many marriages have indeed suffered & broken up against their initial desire just by one wrong move let alone dating relationship. It has only favoured a very few hence the risk isn't worth it most times. The best way is hustle together get enough funds and move together. My cousin's wife had moved 3 years ago. He has been making plans on joining her. And now this recent visa restriction. He won't be able to join her soon nor she visiting as a none citizen. Na God go save homes. And help those yet to get married from marrying the wrong partners.

1 Like

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by zakkxx: 8:33pm On Feb 13, 2020
My Sister keep that child; He deserves to live. If u go ahead and comit abortion what if u destroy your womb, what if u bleed to death? If u no hear u go die oo. I done warn u finish, if u like no hear
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by WeRblessed(f): 9:16pm On Feb 13, 2020
Strongmercy123:
Good evenin everyone. Pls I need a word of wisdom and advice from matured minds here. I’m 28 yrs I will be 29 in 2days.

I feel I’m about to make a life mistake. I have been dating my bf for 10yrs now, yes I was young and independent as at that time, the love was so sweet that we could do anything for each other. My bf left the country 5yrs ago and since then it has been long distance relationships, our communication was good.

He visited Nigeria December last yr and left the first week of January. He Begged me to wait for him again and I agreed. I’m currently pregnant and I’m scared to keep the baby, I spoke to him about it and he was happy.

Recently he is complaining of not having money and all. he has suddenly change with the way he talk to me and he doesn’t even have plans for me. He hardly calls and hardly pick my calls. I have tried to talk to him about his recent attitude and he will always end up calling me nag.

I’m thinking about going for abortion but I don’t know if it’s a great choice. He is 34yrs, pls I need advice.

Please keep the baby. That might be the only child you'll ever have. Please do not kill an innocent child. You are 29 year old and not 19. say no to abortion please.
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by tunize(m): 9:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
Your relationship issue is quite dicey. Reasons are;
* he was quite happy about the pregnacy, but does he really want a baby?
* he said he's broke, its normal to be broke and not be happy but "inside the brokeness u must get person wen u go still dey reason with" not a good reason to ignore you.
* he has been outside for about 5yrs now, i guess to have a bttr life and to plan for his future which i believe u ought to be part of. That should have been his driving force to make money: siblings, parents and settling down.
I HAVE ONE SIMPLE QUESTION FOR YOU.
O.P: has he in anyway talked about marriage, family and taking u along with him or coming back to settle down with you? ( how well does he include u on his life plan)?
For the pregnancy KEEP IT.
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by saajus: 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2020
I'll gladly take the baby. Wetin hin wan chop.
funmisticqueen2:
let her give birth to the baby and drop it at your house.
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by tunize(m): 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2020
Your relationship issue is quite dicey. Reasons are;
* he was quite happy about the pregnacy, but does he really want a baby? This u should ask him( heads up). I can be happy about somtn but not want that tin( two diff tins).
* he said he's broke, its normal to be broke and not be happy but "inside the brokeness u must get person wen u go still dey reason with" not a good reason to ignore you.
* he has been outside for about 5yrs now, i guess to have a bttr life and to plan for his future which i believe u ought to be part of. That should have been his driving force to make money: siblings, parents and settling down.
I HAVE ONE SIMPLE QUESTION FOR YOU.
O.P: has he in anyway talked about marriage, family and taking u along with him or coming back to settle down with you? ( how well does he include u on his life plan)?
For the pregnancy KEEP IT. We can't jump into conclusion
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 13, 2020
Strongmercy123:

Forget abortion. Have your baby and move on with your life. The baby will bring more joy than you can imagine. All the best to you
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Flexherbal(m): 10:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Forget abortion. Have your baby and move on with your life. The baby will bring more joy than you can imagine. All the best to you

Very good!
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by wirinet(m): 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

Forget abortion? You think it's easy moving on with life as single parent without help from the father or family? You are just speculating on the future without know the background of the lady. It the lady that can understand her situation and make the best decision.

Even though I am strongly pro abortion, I will not advice to rush into it in this case.

First the lady is 29 years, she would be 30 by the time she birth the baby. Time is not exactly on her side. Finding a husband and giving birth becomes increasingly difficult as women age.

Secondly, since the guy acknowledge he is the owner of the pregnancy, and he did not demand an abortion, it means at least he will take some responsibility. Even if he does not marry the lady, he should help in financial matters concerning the raising of the child.

Thirdly, the pregnancy is getting bit too old. After 8 weeks, the procedure will be a bit more traumatic that at say 4 weeks. I prefer that a woman should make up their minds early enough.

Four, how will the pregnancy affect her job or career? Is she in school? who will cater for her and the pregnancy before and after birth, ie prenatal, birth and post natal expenses?

The final decision lies with the lady, she is the one that will suffer the consequences of the pregnancy, and she is the one that will care and raise the baby.

1 Like

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by MOnkeyBabe(f): 10:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
Strongmercy123:

Please do not my dear. There is nothing as precious compared to life. You are not me. But I've been through worse and kept my babies. They are currently not with me because I don't have money to cater for them. Please do not do this. Life is the most precious gift. God is aware. He kept that baby there for a reason. You would never regret choosing. In the long run, it would help you acknowledge who you are as a person and undergo life changing transformation. You may think you are preventing the issue of bringing a baby into the world to suffer. I know you may have tried measures to prevent pregnancies in the past. I don't know if you are into ReliGion, My DeaRSister, abortion is an extreme. Certain things should be left the way they are. Just like we have no right to take our own life. These are the kind of things we owe to our CReator. Don't let Science mislead you, a foetus is never a box of blood. We were all at that stage. Life happens before conception. Do not create something that negative that you would live with for the rest of your life. Most people regret after. It is very important that the holyspirit shouldn't depart from one. Don't do things that would anger him. Because cutting off from God our source of life gives room for the devil to anger us and fill us with fear. My sister, these things lead to depression and suicidal thoughts. When we miss the basics of our existence.
Even if the father pressurizes you, stick on your ground to life. He would forever appreciate you.
I know of a story just like yours. The woman kept her baby and survived against all odds. She met him at 18, dated for 10 years and had a baby at 28. Finances are important, but that shouldn't make us compromise our stand on life. This is more than a coincidence that God planted that child.

1 Like

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by BarrElChapo(m): 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
thesicilian:

What I meant is, there are some men (myself inclusive) who are problem solvers, mainly. When you complain to them, or they see a deficiency, the next thing on their mind is solution. They are usually not that big on affection or ''just checking to see how you are doing'' stuff, but they always do their best to take care of things. The moment they lose that ability to be able to help, e.g if they become broke, they tend to become withdrawn and essentially keep to themselves. This doesn't apply to everyone of course, but I know quite a few.

Thank you. I can relate smiley
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by MOnkeyBabe(f): 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
Preshy561:

Don't make excuse for that man, cos he's broke, he's allowed to abandon his girlfriend of 10years and you didn't see the wickedness of that man?. He knows what he's doing.

I blame the lady sha.
That's why these days, people are sticking to the old version style of no sex before marriage so they can hook a man. It always works. My mom recommended it. Too many unserious people these days. Its Overwhelming

1 Like

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Sexycardib: 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by flyingdutchman(m): 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2020
Long distance is long distance. I do not need to know if he is "abroad based". Maybe that is your problem, abroad is not heaven. KNOW YOUR WORTH WOMAN!
Strongmercy123:

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by wiseoneking: 1:49am On Feb 14, 2020
Strongmercy123:

Please listen to me and listen very carefully, you will never regret it if you would allow the baby to live. That child you are carrying is a baby boy and he shall be a great Joy to you in the end. After all, aborting him is a murder before God. My prayer is that God will see you through. Sure, is not going to be easy for you in the meanwhile, but remember that there is a price and a cross before you now. This may be a time for you to weep in regrets of your action but time of joy for you is near.
I pity that man because he may not be able to father another baby If care is not taking. I will keep you in PRAYER
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 14, 2020
You know one problem with you girls of nowadays is, if someone tries to advise you against sleeping with a man that has not married you, you'll think the person is an SU and you won't listen. Now see the dilemma you've put yourself in.
I can't and won't advise you to abort it but then I hope you know the stigma attached to single mums?
See how you just allowed sex to dent your image if it eventually doesn't work out between you two.

My 2cents. Have they baby.
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by wirinet(m): 5:10am On Feb 14, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
You know one problem with you girls of nowadays is, if someone tries to advise you against sleeping with a man that has not married you, you'll think the person is an SU and you won't listen. Now see the dilemma you've put yourself in.
I can't and won't advise you to abort it but then I hope you know the stigma attached to single mums?
See how you just allowed sex to dent your image if it eventually doesn't work out between you two.

My 2cents. Have they baby.
You are talking like more than an SU, you are talking like the moral Police.
She is a 29 year old fine lady, you expect her to remain a virgin for life? What if no man proposed to marry her or she is yet to see a man she is interested in marrying. I have always disagreed on making marriage a condition for sex. It might force guys into marriage just because he wants sex, after the sex and he does not like the girl or even the sex, what happens? A lifetime of miserable marriage or divorce?

Life is complex and varied, no two relationships follow the same trajectory. We must each take our own unique path according to situations, plans and fate. All relationships are risks, we may end up winning, we may end up with the short end of the stick, the most important thing is to learn to make the best of whatever situation we find our self.

Sex did not dent her image. They had sex because, they had been in a relationship of over 10 years. Her main mistake is allowing herself to get pregnant without using contraceptive or insisting of condoms. It is we blacks that still get pregnant by mistakes, women in advanced countries plan for pregnancies, even the married ones.

Having said that, where I quarrel with the Sister is doing boyfriend for 10 years without it leading to marriage. If after 2 to 4 years of relationship a guy does not propose marriage, you move on. Time is not on women's side.

1 Like

Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Vega100: 7:38am On Feb 14, 2020
Strongmercy123:

If u know what's best for you and your life, better abort that baby before it gets late, being a single mother is one very challenging business I believe u will not want to venture, especially in a place like Africa... to even see a stable date as a single mum is further compounding, everybody just wanna fork u and leave. Use sense so u don't get to regret it..
If u decide to go ahead, that's fine, but I can assure you, you will live to always remember this things I wrote here. All the best.
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by showafrica(m): 8:29am On Feb 14, 2020
Strongmercy123:

Ah, why u wan use bele trap him na... I know how pals advise. They will tell, carry bele for him, make him come do sth for your head bla bla bla. Those method no dey work again and even if it works, you hardly enjoys it. You for ask am first that xmas that you want to carry bele for him and watch his reaction. You may pretend you dont know how it happened but you know. My advise, dont do any abortion, just take the risk of been a baby mama. It might work out eventually.
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Flexherbal(m): 1:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Mrhonesty:

Don't abort. Keep the baby. Do you know any member of his family? Let them know about the pregnancy. He will later appreciate you for it.
Good!
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
Michellekabod2:
exactly,its tough when you have bullies like lilbest3 always telling you is the society that determines your life
do I haunt you?
Do you see me in your sleep?
You don't even know my face. Relax naaa. You clearly misunderstand my ideology and viewpoints. You shouldn't really keep my thoughts in mind. It's not that deep. We could talk on WhatsApp or phone if you want
Re: My 34-Year-Old Abroad-Based Boyfriend Impregnated Me. Why I Want Abortion by Flexherbal(m): 3:59am On Jul 07, 2020
showafrica:

Ah, why u wan use bele trap him na... I know how pals advise. They will tell, carry bele for him, make him come do sth for your head bla bla bla. Those method no dey work again and even if it works, you hardly enjoys it. You for ask am first that xmas that you want to carry bele for him and watch his reaction. You may pretend you dont know how it happened but you know. My advise, dont do any abortion, just take the risk of been a baby mama. It might work out eventually.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Catches His Girlfriend With Another Man At Abuja Mall (Video) / Ladies, No Matter How Hot A Nigerian Guy Is, Never Ask Him Out / Common Words Ladies Use And What They Actually Mean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.