Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me (39921 Views)

It's Madness For Burna Boy To Say No One Paved The Way For Him - Jaywon(vid) / Didi Ekanem: How Mercy Johnson Paved Way For Curvy Women In Nigeria / Mr Eazi: “I Paved The Way For African Artistes In London” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by nairalanduseles: 7:23am On Feb 13, 2020
I understand were you are coming from and agree 100%

Burna boy is a brand
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by opebiboy: 7:24am On Feb 13, 2020
This one wey dey sample other people music. Try and be original let's see if you go remain for your mouth. People like 2baba, 9ice, eedris made it easy for u so shut up your mouth there wack aza overhyped

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 7:26am On Feb 13, 2020
ericmor:

Remove ola mode from that list, him no follow for this situation
for the past 8yrs olamide drop dupe albums back to back and you say make I remove him name That list na bosssss for naija music industry.. Respect the man not only his music cool

10 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Adakintroy2: 7:26am On Feb 13, 2020
Those who had there palm nut cracked for them by a benevolent spirit should not forget to be humble.

-achebe

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Renforce: 7:27am On Feb 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:

He did? Damn.
What's the title of the track or should I say tracks? grin

Anybody

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Wannabenz: 7:29am On Feb 13, 2020
Might be krazy but his songs that I like is 'like to party' 'gimme that' & 'Special Someone' the one he was featured by sarkodie with AKA. I no dey enjoy hin music like that.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by omoadeleye(m): 7:35am On Feb 13, 2020
This was what Mr. Eazy said that time before he became dust

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 7:35am On Feb 13, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Now I see why the Wizkid and Davido FC never wanted Burna Boy to win that Grammy. See arrogance lmao..

Baba say him set table.. So, D Banj, 2 Baba, Wizkid, Davido, Olamide con set mat abi??

If you don’t geddifok with all your refurbish songs angry
which of those you mentioned up there sings afrobeat....
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by new2naija: 7:35am On Feb 13, 2020
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Ogilinsaka: 7:36am On Feb 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Nobody paved way for you after plagiarizing almost all of fela's songs. undecided

Before anybody starts attacking and calling me hater, please note there's a big difference between sampling and copyright theft.

Are you being savage or you're just stupid?
NB: don't bother about mentioning me cos I don't open mentions..
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 7:39am On Feb 13, 2020
opebiboy:
This one wey dey sample other people music. Try and be original let's see if you go remain for your mouth. People like 2baba, 9ice, eedris made it easy for u so shut up your mouth there wack aza overhyped
OGA burna boy sings afrobeat,,the rest you've mentioned sings Afro-pop wizkid and davido inclusive ... Burna paved way for himself because hadn't brought modernization to afrobeat nobody for listen to am.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Sewgon79(m): 7:39am On Feb 13, 2020
internationalman:
When the hyping is getting out of hand they begin to misbehave.. this fela wannabe..

Grammy nomination is playing with your head.. There is nothing you have/are done/doing that the likes of 2baba, dbang, 9ice and even Wizkid and Davido haven't done. These people had songs and albums better than yours it's just that naija music wasn't as established and worldwide the way it is now.. Not to mention the role social media now plays in influencing music relevance.

Everything in life is time and chance. Even you yourself will understand that because as i recall you have also been singing for quite some years now and you are just getting the attention and recognition now after many years... Enjoy it while it lasts; who knows by this time next year you might not be relevant anymore.....

Who remember a certain musician called Nico Gravity and how he tried to curb Timaya when he was feeling like the chairman of naija music industry.. maybe that is what Burna Boys needs

The best of them is WIZKID.
The guy was first Africa to play life band at ROYAL ALBERT HALL in England. He was the first Nigerian to sell o2 Arena. Did you see what Diddy say about him when they hang out. Also tyga, likewise he has performed life stages with Chris Brown in Germany, South Africa and Ghana. He also sold out with Drake. Now his feature with Lion King, Beyonce was best in that album. Rihanna once featured him.

Believe me, nobody or none Nigeria artist have what this guy had achieved.

11 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by ZooOga: 7:41am On Feb 13, 2020
i don't believe dis tweet, him acct must have been compromised grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
which of those you mentioned up there sings afrobeat....
Read and comprehend...reply me when you fully understand what op post or ask your neighbour to explain cool

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by joyandfaith: 7:44am On Feb 13, 2020
Apart from 'anybody' that is outstanding other tracks are ordinary. Even he sampled fela and kidjo in 'anybody'.
Femi and seun kuti are still kings of afrobeat genre in nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Tookool(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2020
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by lordkrys(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2020
englishmart:
If he had won in the Grammys, I would have completely doubted the credibility of the Grammy awards. Non but one of his songs makes sense

YOU ARE JUST SO ON POINT I WISH I TRANSFER MY 2CENTS.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by PotatoSalad(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2020
Ogilinsaka:

Are you being savage or you're just stupid?
I talk am. Come lemme school you about copyright and intellectual property theft.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Chatbot1234: 7:44am On Feb 13, 2020
another proof that weed is a bad drug and should be outlawed, you get inspiration like these from weed.
man has over bloated ego, the people wey hype am go still suffer am.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 7:46am On Feb 13, 2020
No suprise here. It's a known fact that majority of men/boys with Cancerian zodiac sign are born ingrates. Almost all of them.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by opebiboy: 7:47am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
OGA burna boy sings afrobeat,,the rest you've mentioned sings Afro-pop wizkid and davido inclusive ... Burna paved way for himself because hadn't brought modernization to afrobeat nobody for listen to am.
with every single fela line coming out of his mouth how is that originality? So nobody was listening to Seun Kuti but he got nominated for the grammy twice

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Thonee(m): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2020
Psquare dominated African music for a long time with classic songs and breathtaking performances but never claimed to be the way maker, D'banj,2baba,9ice,Timaya, I mean these guys stated when i only watch them on soundcity and Music Africa.

Kennis music set the pace, even if they're not really relevant now but lots of 9ja artist are enjoying their struggle.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Classickj(m): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2020
Burna Boy isn't saying something new.. Be your own greatest hypeman Jose Mourinho: I am not one of the bottle, I am the Special one Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I do not need a trophy to tell me, I am the best Mohammed Ali : I am the Greatest Burna Boy: I am an African Giant. Hype You

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by phillipsword(m): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2020
Burna boy....pls sit down an be humble i love u bro but i think your comment dont follow at all
Where where you when The likes of 2 Short, Biggilo,Rugged man,2Face idibia,psquare,Edris abdukareem where all struggling to bring out This industries from The scratch.....do u know that The First songs to breakout of The international scene at the time when Nigerian songs was not widely accepted was peace or war by Ruggedman....pls go an sit down an read ur History....before u come here dey make mouth,i think am,beginning to hate This guy.....pls ne humble stars Are still raising in The Country if u dont stay relevant as 2BaBa soon no body will ever remember u

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by lordkrys(m): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:

Nobody. Really nobody.

Even Angelique Kidjo the woman that won the category.
Even Femi Kuti that has previously been nominated more times than him.

Really Nobody.

6 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 7:51am On Feb 13, 2020
lordkrys:

Nobody. Really nobody.

Even Angelique Kidjo the woman that won the category.
Even Femi Kuti that has previously been nominated more times than him.

Really Nobody.
please tell yourself the truth..Do you listen to more of these people you mentioned ?? How many of their songs you get for your phone or house ?? Burna devised a standard from already battered one... He paved his way himself.....most of una started liking him when the recognition started coming ...
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Larryslim(m): 7:52am On Feb 13, 2020
Burna Boy is just saying the truth.
Burna Boy was underrated, he had good songs but no one payed attention to him, He dropped two good albums "LIFE and Outside", nobody was listening to him, Even the media rarely played his music then, he built his own fanbase and they were called "Outsiders", the guy had to struggle for the fame he has, and someone will say "Wizkid paved way for him".
Truth is No one paved way for Burna boy, he had to go from underrated and not listened to, to what he is now and it's his own hardwork and not someone's.
And most of y'all are just haters, hating on him for a Grammy nomination that your Favs will never get, Burna is the closest any Nigerian artiste will get to being nominated and even if Grammy creates "Afrobeat" Category, it will be because of Burna Boy's "African Giant".

8 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Sirwallace(m): 7:59am On Feb 13, 2020
mayklef:
Mumu boy....If it wasnt 4 d likes of Edris Abdulkarim, 2face, Dbanj etc, Burna 4 dy sell weed 4 PH nw, African Giant my black Ass

Thank you my brother. Eeedris sold his soul to remain irrelevant in the industry by fighting foreign artiste dominance in our shows.

2 baba spread our tentacles globally.
D banj, Don baba J introduced vibes and exposure where they monetizes the industry for many artiste to come later. Then wizzy and davido.

I never like the dude and his music because it lacks originality. The Fela wanna be is claiming local champion. Thank God he did not win the grammy.

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Slimtzy: 8:01am On Feb 13, 2020
this boy should not forget the sacrifice people like Eedris,Psquare,tetuila,9ce,Dbanj,2 face and co made for music industry to grow to this level
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 8:01am On Feb 13, 2020
opebiboy:
with every single fela line coming out of his mouth how is that originality? So nobody was listening to Seun Kuti but he got nominated for the grammy twice
truth be said majority of Nigerians don't listen to Seun-kuti.unless you wan lie to yourself...majority of the juvenile age does not even know SeuN kuti is a musician... We don't don't value afrobeat that much the way we do for afro-pop in Nigeria..

Trying to make people accept what they pay less interest to is very difficult...Burna paved his way himself....

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by RaptObserver: 8:01am On Feb 13, 2020
Burna remember Dangote still dey find money. Na u sing am. So practice what you preach.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by samuel19222(m): 8:07am On Feb 13, 2020
englishmart:
If he had won in the Grammys, I would have completely doubted the credibility of the Grammy awards. Non but one of his songs makes sense

abeg which of the song make sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tacha To Daddy Freeze: Diane Punched Me In My Eye But Biggie Did Nothing / Dele Omowoli Celebrates His Girlfriend Olabunmi Kenny's 19th Birthday / Maheeda Shares Video Of Her Self Bathing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.