Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me (39936 Views)

It's Madness For Burna Boy To Say No One Paved The Way For Him - Jaywon(vid) / Didi Ekanem: How Mercy Johnson Paved Way For Curvy Women In Nigeria / Mr Eazi: “I Paved The Way For African Artistes In London” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by luckshine007: 8:09am On Feb 13, 2020
The guy I just stating the obvious, there is no pride whatsoever here, the is own his league right now, allow him to feel himself. Nobody looks at your face when you re nobody

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by ATTemi: 8:09am On Feb 13, 2020
Grammy no be headies award.

Remove Wizkid and Davido from there, wetin dem dey sing?
udoekere:
Mtcheeeeew audio Grammy.BurnaBoy was underated but I think he is now overrated.if people like wizkid and David can't win Grammy then who are u.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by selemempe: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2020
henryobinna:
this guy don dey feel himself

When wizkid blow around 2009 was there Instagram and other social media to hype his songs...

Na say them don hype Burna too much that's why he's talking crap, Psquare, 2baba, dbanj went places they did a lot of things and achievements just that there wasn't much exposure for the naija music... now he's enjoying the foundation they all laid only to be bragging about bringing respect bla bla bla...

does he know there are lots of Nigerians who still don't listen to his songs?
I don't listen to his childish rhymes.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 8:13am On Feb 13, 2020
Larryslim:
Burna Boy is just saying the truth.
Burna Boy was underrated, he had good songs but no one payed attention to him, He dropped two good albums "LIFE and Outside", nobody was listening to him, Even the media rarely played his music then, he built his own fanbase and they were called "Outsiders", the guy had to struggle for the fame he has, and someone will say "Wizkid paved way for him".
Truth is No one paved way for Burna boy, he had to go from underrated and not listened to, to what he is now and it's his own hardwork and not someone's.
And most of y'all are just haters, hating on him for a Grammy nomination that your Favs will never get, Burna is the closest any Nigerian artiste will get to being nominated and even if Grammy creates "Afrobeat" Category, it will be because of Burna Boy's "African Giant".
Nicely said....I remember when most Nigerians no even know say this guy get songs.. foreigners even gbadun the guy pass us...then the thing sabi wonder me because he sings good music..

Like if he had given up,they would have chance to say all this they are saying.. The baba paved way for himself joor...it isn't easy to make people accept what they barely don't like.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 8:15am On Feb 13, 2020
ATTemi:
Grammy no be headies award.

Remove Wizkid and Davido from there, wetin dem dey sing?
Help me ask them ?? Especially that whizkid...that guy nor dey sing anything ..him juju really strong....Atleast davido dey come out with some reasonable lyrics wey person fit reason say him try...but that whizkid zero....

7 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by kurlz(f): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2020
Temmy6236:
When your village people are ready to finish your career......they give you pride. Sorry Burna!

I'm surprised people are just realising he's proud. I've known right from time. To him he doesn't give a bleep about naija and Nigerians. He believes he's self made.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by WarriAproko: 8:20am On Feb 13, 2020
U copycat. From fela no raw content.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 13, 2020
tfash96:
Just because of 2-3 years high relevance not upto half of decade of Davido's as well as Wizkid's weed has started entering his medulla oblongata

His hit songs are fading already

End of year village should be done with him

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 8:23am On Feb 13, 2020
kurlz:

I'm surprised people are just realising he's proud. I've known right from time. To him he doesn't give a bleep naija and Nigerians. He believes he's self made.
If you were to be him,you will act that way ....If you know how Nigerians belittled this guy you for understand why he will never give a fu*ck on Nigerians... Nigerians are so good on talking you down when they don't understand what you do..Burna boy was seriously underated in Nigeria..Nigerians started accepting when global recogniton brought him to us....

An average Nigerian believes whizkid sings better that seun-kuti..or davido sings better than dare art Alade. That's just it...Our problem in Nigeria is crowd mentality

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 13, 2020
From the comments I'm seeing here; I'm convinced alot of people didn't want this guy to win that Grammy.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Hatrik(m): 8:26am On Feb 13, 2020
ericmor:

Grammy was just last month o, nomited for the just past Grammy award

Nominated last year award took place this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by talk2aikay(m): 8:27am On Feb 13, 2020
This is what happens when a butterfly begins to imagine himself as a bird.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by CoolAmbience(m): 8:31am On Feb 13, 2020
udoekere:
Mtcheeeeew audio Grammy.BurnaBoy was underated but I think he is now overrated.if people like wizkid and David can't win Grammy then who are u.

Wizkid, Davido for Grammy award?

Wetin dey go come give 2baba?
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by BiafraforTrump: 8:32am On Feb 13, 2020
Thonee:
[b]Psquare dominated African music for a long time with classic songs and breathtaking performances [/b]but never claimed to be the way maker, D'banj,2baba,9ice,Timaya, I mean these guys stated when i only watch them on soundcity and Music Africa.

Kennis music set the pace, even if they're not really relevant now but lots of 9ja artist are enjoying their struggle.

I swear I wonder why people are not talking about this, if not for their split I don't think people like Davido and Wizkid would have audience at all, psquare was the face of Nigeria music industry globally, they did songs that penetrated even the middle east and Arab countries, even Michael Jackson's family had to invite them to America at some point..

Burna Boy just fall my hand big time really..

Nothing person no go see for this Zoo..

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by leocollins(m): 8:34am On Feb 13, 2020
una dey talk rubbish, burna boy said the Truth everybody dy hustle for him own pocket.no body paved shit..una just dy hate burna cuz he doesn't play to the gallery by giving underserved Glory.. haters everywhere...
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by kurlz(f): 8:35am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
If you were to be him,you will act that way ....If you know how Nigerians belittled this guy you for understand why he will never give a fu*ck on Nigerians... Nigerians are so good on talking you down when they don't understand what you do..Burna boy was seriously underated in Nigeria..Nigerians started accepting when global recogniton brought him to us....

An average Nigerian believes whizkid sings better that seun-kuti..or davido sings better than dare art Alade. That's just it...Our problem in Nigeria is crowd mentality

Every artist and great man you see today probably faced the same fate before making it, he's not alone.
Even family members will mock you when you aspire to be different or introduce an ideology, it's determination and dedication that makes the difference.
So when they see you are not giving up and you are "blowing" they gather around you and support you. That's life. So his experience is not new, and that doesn't mean he should diss everyone and feel he's more important and doesn't need them.

8 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Teeq1234: 8:35am On Feb 13, 2020
internationalman:
When the hyping is getting out of hand they begin to misbehave.. this fela wannabe..

Grammy nomination is playing with your head.. There is nothing you have/are done/doing that the likes of 2baba, dbang, 9ice and even Wizkid and Davido haven't done. These people had songs and albums better than yours it's just that naija music wasn't as established and worldwide the way it is now.. Not to mention the role social media now plays in influencing music relevance.

Everything in life is time and chance. Even you yourself will understand that because as i recall you have also been singing for quite some years now and you are just getting the attention and recognition now after many years... Enjoy it while it lasts; who knows by this time next year you might not be relevant anymore.....

Who remember a certain musician called Nico Gravity and how he tried to curb Timaya when he was feeling like the chairman of naija music industry.. maybe that is what Burna Boys needs

NICO GRAVITY MY GEE

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by shogsman(m): 8:35am On Feb 13, 2020
internationalman:
When the hyping is getting out of hand they begin to misbehave.. this fela wannabe..

Grammy nomination is playing with your head.. There is nothing you have/are done/doing that the likes of 2baba, dbang, 9ice and even Wizkid and Davido haven't done. These people had songs and albums better than yours it's just that naija music wasn't as established and worldwide the way it is now.. Not to mention the role social media now plays in influencing music relevance.

Everything in life is time and chance. Even you yourself will understand that because as i recall you have also been singing for quite some years now and you are just getting the attention and recognition now after many years... Enjoy it while it lasts; who knows by this time next year you might not be relevant anymore.....

Who remember a certain musician called Nico Gravity and how he tried to curb Timaya when he was feeling like the chairman of naija music industry.. maybe that is what Burna Boys needs
Make we no lie,you get sense walahi

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by shogsman(m): 8:36am On Feb 13, 2020
I said it will be awful if this boy won Grammy, but y'all was bashing me then,now you see
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Adeevah(m): 8:37am On Feb 13, 2020
Who be burna boy where teni de trillionaire dey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 13, 2020
Hatrik:
Well you can't just get enough from celebrities.

Last year Grammy nominee Burna Boy is trending for all but a controversial tweet boasting that "[b][/b]NOBODY paved shit for him" he claim Nigerian artist made us look weak out there. Anyway take a look for yourself.

See empty pride.

Pride goes befall a fall.

Burna Boy has forgotten his music only appeals to people who like noise grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Adeevah(m): 8:37am On Feb 13, 2020
Burna no even try reach 9ice alapomeji

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by shogsman(m): 8:37am On Feb 13, 2020
If it's not for the likes of dbanj,2face,psqare that brought Nigeria music to international stardom this boy won't see shit from his songs.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by shogsman(m): 8:38am On Feb 13, 2020
If Nigerian music was always this appreciated then 9ice would have won the Grammy when he introduced a whole new dimension to Afro beat.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by AfroKnight: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2020
Gentlemanforyou:
I'm very different from the 3 comments above me , but I think I'm not going to join the bandwagon of people who sit behind their China phone to rubbish the effort of great men while coming up, see their mouth like parrot ," if wizkid no fit collect Grammy who is Burna" is like your village people are winning abi. I'm not a die hard burns fan but I appreciate his works and talents . Dont quote me with facts at least he was nominated for Grammy. They haven't nominated you for any award in your discipline and you're here judging and talking down on one of our living legends . Nonsense and shibaraba

Lol.

Me that I have won awards in my discipline, can I talk? grin

Anyway, Burna Boy is a master chef. He creates great music and with the trail of achievements from 2018 till now, I think he has earned bragging rights.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by shogsman(m): 8:43am On Feb 13, 2020
So what should the likes of femi kuti that has been nominated from as far back as 2012 or Angelique that has won more than twice do.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by einsteine(m): 8:53am On Feb 13, 2020
This guy that built his career on sampling and forming Fake Fela.

Them go soon knack am something.

Statements like this are a prelude to downfall.

Seun Kuti has been nominated for the Grammy before Burna Boy. We heard no trash from Seun.

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Orpe7(m): 8:53am On Feb 13, 2020
So the Promoters, Radio DJs, TV presenters etc
Didnt pave the way abi

High level of ignorance and Pride

I give him another 5yrs max he will fade out

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Adejofrenzy(m): 8:58am On Feb 13, 2020
englishmart:
If he had won in the Grammys, I would have completely doubted the credibility of the Grammy awards. Non but one of his songs makes sense
You said non made sense, then why was he nominated for grammy? Nawao
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Basic123: 9:01am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
OGA burna boy sings afrobeat,,the rest you've mentioned sings Afro-pop wizkid and davido inclusive ... Burna paved way for himself because hadn't brought modernization to afrobeat nobody for listen to am.

he paved way for himself and can sample for africa

he even sample 9ice in anybody!

"if you get money,so lets spend it
To ba lowo,je k'awon PADI re je mbe"

in 9ice's little money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Jimi24: 9:02am On Feb 13, 2020
einsteine:
This guy that built his career on sampling and forming Fake Fela.

Them go soon knack am something.

Statements like this are a prelude to downfall.

Seun Kuti has been nominated for the Grammy before Burna Boy. We heard no trash from Seun.
Abeg make una no knack am somtin o.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 13, 2020
internationalman:

What are you talking about. Grammy is the greatest award for any musician. So you have no point

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife's Son, Prince Adegbite And Wife At Her Birthday Dinner (Pics) / List Of The Most Liked Instagram Posts Of 2017, Beyonce Leads (Photos) / Shoki Shitta Begs Davido To Fund Him Again After Lavishing N1M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.