Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. (3962 Views)

She Wants To Appreciate Me With Sex After This / The Best Gifts For Your Val; Going Down Memory Lane / Let's Take Time To Appreciate Our Dark Skin Beauties And Melanin Queens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 13, 2020
Yeah.... Life before now was very peaceful, simple, and void of terrorism and moral decadence unlike what we have these days that is nothing but a mirage.

I have a few pics here but would appreciate if anyone can add more pics from way back.

Im doing this just for the feeling of nostalgia I get from viewing the pics which sort of calms my nerves after getting worked up by the days hassles.
Therefore I would like to make this thread a sticky so i can always take a peek from time to time.
Enjoy these ones for now. Hopefully, will add more as time goes on.

How many people read Alawiye?
My elder Sis had one then. I tried to read i those days but it was pretty difficult. So we only viewed pics.
There was a particular story about a tortoise that we were always trying to interpret through the pics then. Wish I can lay my hands on it now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 1:02am On Feb 13, 2020
I know there are tons of thread already about this but i just feel the need to have one in my account.
Sorry about poor quality. Had to dig them from Google.
Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 1:20am On Feb 13, 2020
I remember this Agbos story. We were made to believe he was a very studios and serious student who was always punctual and all that.

Used to think these stories were real back then. Good moral stories which only had our minds focused with the aim of becoming excellent students. Not what internet and social media is giving us today with pry pupils forming marlians here and there.

Can we go back to this era? Maybe when I become the president of this country. tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by IamD18: 1:28am On Feb 13, 2020
Go to literature section and meet your mates there, that's the best place for this fvckery you are scribbling.

I don't know what you ladies gain from seeking attention unnecessarily.

1 Like

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 1:54am On Feb 13, 2020
@ IamD18

I chose to post what i want; where I want and too bad there's nothing You can do about it.

You have a choice not to click on the thread but being the pokenose you are you couldn't resist gatecrashing into a thread you have no biz with trying to seek attention with your lame comment.

Learn to stick your nose where it belongs; in an ass hole. angry

13 Likes

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by IamD18: 2:01am On Feb 13, 2020
Go and get married!!

Tueh!!
Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by CAPSLOCKED: 2:06am On Feb 13, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
Yeah.... Life before now was very peaceful, simple, and void of terrorism and moral decadence unlike what we have these days that is nothing but a mirage.

SO LIFE WAS ONCE PEACEFUL AND PERFECT BECAUSE WE HAD AGBO MALIKA?
THIS IS CONFUSING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 2:18am On Feb 13, 2020
IamD18:
Go and get married!!

Tueh!!
Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa. Very funny though. I'm sure if we both stand together, they will chose me ten times over you cos I age backwards so I chose to take full advantage of my ageless nature to maximize my single hood before gettling saddled with marriage and the responsibilities that come with it. I'm not a desperado like you. 18yrs old and you're already sleeping and waking on romance section.
Tuufia!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 2:34am On Feb 13, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SO LIFE WAS ONCE PEACEFUL AND PERFECT BECAUSE WE HAD AGBO MALIKA?
THIS IS CONFUSING.

LMAO...You guys will not kill me with laughter. Kikikikikikichchch... Leave me alone abeg.
What is confusing there? I meant the era we read this books and rode on bikes like that woman was peaceful.
Please I created this for myself and understand perfectly well what im saying. so leave it that way, besides I'm not done with it. More stories to come.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 13, 2020
Still on the matter of scerenity...

Those days when a woman can sit on one side of a bike and travel long distances without the fear or craze of okada men riding rough and knocking them down. Can anyone try it these days? Maybe only in rural areas.

Also like the way she's gorgeously dressed and well covered up. Reminds me of my mama cry. Very nostalgic.

Future hubby, hope you won't complain if I dress once in a while like this o. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by CAPSLOCKED: 2:39am On Feb 13, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

LMAO...You guys will not kill me with laughter. Kikikikikikichchch... Leave me alone abeg.
What is confusing there? I meant the era we read this books and rode on bikes like that woman was peaceful.
Please I created this for myself and understand perfectly well what im saying. so leave it that way, besides I'm not done with it. More stories to come.

HOW CAN YOU CREATE JUNK IN A PUBLIC FORUM AND SAY YOU CREATED IT FOR YOUR PRIVATE USE? I WONDER WHAT ERA YOU TALK ABOUT BECAUSE THE WORLD HAS NEVER BEEN PEACEFUL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT PEACE IS? DEFINITELY NOT READING AGBO MALIKA.
Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by CAPSLOCKED: 2:41am On Feb 13, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Hahahahahahahahaaaaaa. Very funny though. I'm sure if we both stand together, they will chose me ten times over you cos I age backwards so I chose to take full advantage of my ageless nature to maximize my single hood before gettling saddled with marriage and the responsibilities that come with it. I'm not a desperado like you. 18yrs old and you're already sleeping and waking on romance section.
Tuufia!

AGE BACKWARDS INDEED. DO YOU HEAR THAT SOUND? IT'S MENOPAUSE.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 2:44am On Feb 13, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

HOW CAN YOU CREATE JUNK IN A PUBLIC FORUM AND SAY YOU CREATED IT FOR YOUR PRIVATE USE? I WONDER WHAT ERA YOU TALK ABOUT BECAUSE THE WORLD HAS NEVER BEEN PEACEFUL. DO YOU KNOW WHAT PEACE IS? DEFINITELY NOT READING AGBO MALIKA.

Is it your junk? Or did I force it down your throat?
Like I said earlier, I created this for myself and do not wish to debate it with YOU or anyone for that matter.
You better take a bow now that Im still being diplomatic with you.

5 Likes

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 2:52am On Feb 13, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

AGE BACKWARDS INDEED. DO YOU HEAR THAT SOUND? IT'S MENOPAUSE.

Hmm...now I know theres something about me that everyone is envious of anywhere I go. Little wonder the attacks from every angle on a peaceful post I made. Hmm...
You know what? I am blessed and there's nothing you and your cohorts can do about it.

Now that im wary of all your devices, attack all you want, I'll chose to ignore.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by BabbanBura(m): 2:57am On Feb 13, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Is it your junk? Or did I force it down your throat?
Like I said earlier, I created this for myself and do not wish to debate it with YOU or anyone for that matter.
You better take a bow now that Im still being diplomatic with you.

Why u dey lie like that?
You stated you wan hear what others have to say and even request that they can post theirs on this thread, shuuuj!

You posted that you want
AshiraWealthy:

Tuufia!

Aunty why nah?
No be you dey busy dey look for husband here on Nairaland again?
Na like this u go find the husband so?
And your rudeness also no be here. Ma blodas wey wan propose, shine una eyes well well woo, this babe no reach half yard marriage materials woo or small gehl things still dey do her
Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by budaatum: 3:04am On Feb 13, 2020
AshiraWealthy:

Hmm...now I know theres something about me that everyone is envious of anywhere I go. Little wonder the attacks from every angle on a peaceful post I made. Hmm...
You know what? I am blessed and there's nothing you and your cohorts can do about it.

Now that im wary of all your devices, attack all you want, I'll chose to ignore.
I was about to say, please "chose to ignore" those who have nothing better to do than project their own misery wherever they go because their aim is to destroy that which is good.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by ChoCho54(f): 3:10am On Feb 13, 2020
BabbanBura:

Why u dey lie like that?
You stated you wan hear what others have to say and even request that they can post theirs on this thread, shuuuj!

You posted that you want

Aunty why nah?
And your rudeness also no be here. Ma blodas wey wan propose, shine una eyes well well woo, this babe no reach half yard marriage materials woo or small gehl things still dey do her
How was she rude? You cyber-bullies should live the lady alone.

Your mates are in motor parks and under bridges making money why you stick around here bullying a lady. Hiss

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by BabbanBura(m): 3:13am On Feb 13, 2020
ChoCho54:
How was she rude? You cyber-bullies should live the lady alone.

Your mates are in motor parks and under bridges making money why you stick around here bullying a lady. Hiss

Mr Sisi, even in your next life you can not match my achievements, so get off here and focus on ya ass licking elsewhere. Am not ya mate
Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by ChoCho54(f): 3:17am On Feb 13, 2020
BabbanBura:

Mr Sisi, even in your next life you can not match my achievements, so get off here and focus on ya ass licking elsewhere. Am not ya mate
"Mr Sis"? Mtcheeeeww

Insecure sissy!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 3:20am On Feb 13, 2020
BabbanBura:

Why u dey lie like that?

You posted that you want

Aunty why nah?

So you took your time to write this just to prove what exactly?
Take everything I say and do here serious at your own peril.

As for my post, I created it for myself but because it on a public forum and there's no way people are not going to grace the post hence the request to drop thiers. So if you guys are to drop anything it should be sensible comments and not what you all have been on and about.

Be a builder, not a destroyer.

4 Likes

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by rex444(m): 3:59am On Feb 13, 2020
awwwww I can relate my dear , days of card chewing gums and how we'd walk on the peaceful streets of Jos playing cards with my homies . ..Hausa Igbo and Yoruba ...we'd even eat in one plate but that ship ...hmmmmm that ship wow... Dandy chewing gums ...ur third pix candy, cotton candy , Aya and guguru ..Chooi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 13, 2020
rex444

Yes the candy in my pics was called Gowon finger those days. Mehnnn how we can't wait after school hours to go and buy it in group and be licking as we're going home.

[quote author=rex444
:
awwwww I can relate my dear , days of card chewing gums and how we'd walk on the peaceful streets of Jos playing cards with my homies . ..Hausa Igbo and Yoruba ...we'd even eat in one plate but that ship ...hmmmmm that ship wow... Dandy chewing gums ...ur third pix candy, cotton candy , Aya and guguru ..Chooi

Yeah at Danddy gum, you just reminded me of something. I had totally forgotten about it.
Here it is.

How time flies. Thanks for the input.

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 13, 2020
BabbanBura:

Audio achievements. Like we don't know an achiever when we see one.

How many times have you seen Davido, otedola and dangote trolling small girls on social media. What chocho said is very true. Your mates are at the motor park. Go and join them and make yourself useful to the drivers. Go and shadow passengers for them grin..kikikii

4 Likes

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 13, 2020
Yea... Still on memory lane.

DANGER MOUSE!!!

These cartoon series always got us especially the boys glued to the TV set.

You can also try watching them once in a while.
I plan showing them to my kids in future so they get see that mum and dad also enjoyed their childhood and we are not totally old schools. *chuckles*

2 Likes

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 13, 2020
How about TEDDY ROCKSPIN!!!!!

I used to admire that Teddy boy. I saw him them as a very smart and intelligent character. And the old man who was always telling stories and laughing away most of the time.

Tried to watch this cartoon recently but only got the French version. Still looking for the English version we saw those days though.

With all the chaos and stress in the country these days, I feel one needs to cool off once in a while with this soothing cartoons to regain ones sanity especially with Nairaland brouhaha. tongue

I try to leave a simple life. Can't come and kill myself by being overly sophisticated. Who e ep?

2 Likes

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Riele(f): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2020
Good old days .

I sometimes wish I was born 80 years ago .

I love reading novels that dates back to those times . My favorite Novel is The Potter's Wheel .

1 Like

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 13, 2020
Riele:
Good old days .

I sometimes wish I was born 80 years ago .

I love reading novels that dates back to those times . My favorite Novel is The Potter's Wheel .

Awwwnn... My dear. Life was so peaceful and fun.
You can actually still get some of these videos and books from old book shops and videos on YouTube.
I watch some of them till now.

Oh...potters wheel..I see.
Enjoy dear.
Thanks for stopping by.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 10:24am On Feb 13, 2020
Yes! The next is this....can't really remember the title but I'm not happy the way NTA quickly stopped airing it then.
I was quite small but enjoyed this cartoon.
This basket ball team with their old school hair have super powers to bring out some device from their hair and use it to evade a tough situation. Always looking out for one another.
There's this stretchy guy who's always helping the team to dunk the ball in the basket by stretching his hand beyond the opponents reach hahahahaha..oh I can't help laughing now remembering those scenes...
Please anyone with the title. I'll like to see this cartoon again!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 13, 2020
Yeah....this one was every homes delight back then. With mum and dad also glued to the TV set every Saturday to watch.

The TELE MATCH!!!!
Was aired in the early ,90s. Didnt last long though but the little period it lasted, we saw a great deal of matches from this show.
Here's a clip from one of the numerous matches.

Guys, you need to watch this show. Very entertaining.

Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2020
To be continued.
Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Romeo3(m): 11:10am On Feb 13, 2020
Life before crazy idiotic feminists came along.
Re: Taking Us Down Memory Lane A Bit To Appreciate Life Before Now. by Tloc(m): 11:20am On Feb 13, 2020
AshiraWealthy:
Yes! The next is this....can't really remember the title but I'm not happy the way NTA quickly stopped airing it then.
I was quite small but enjoyed this cartoon.
This basket ball team with their old school hair have super powers to bring out some device from their hair and use it to evade a tough situation. Always looking out for one another.
There's this stretchy guy who's always helping the team to dunk the ball in the basket by stretching his hand beyond the opponents reach hahahahaha..oh I can't help laughing now remembering those scenes...
Please anyone with the title. I'll like to see this cartoon again!!!!!

Harlem GLOBE TROTTERS.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

27 Years And Above! Enter Here, Ladies Only!!!!!! / Your Wife Is Probably Sleeping With Other Men If You Notice These Three Things / Why Are Men More Stupid Than Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.