Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,778 members, 7,802,388 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (100115 Views)

Peter Obi Visits Governor Diri Duoye & Victims Of Flood Disaster In Bayelsa / Diri Duoye Gets Certificate Of Return From INEC / Diri Duoye Celebrating After Supreme Court Victory (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
Checkmate - H. E. Seriake Dickson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by joeluv: 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
The point is the whole electoral system and judiciary is a big mess. It’s terrible. Really looking forward to the day Buhari is out of office. Hopefully the next person wld have some sense.
garfield1:

Its not payback.bayelsa is 10 times bigger.Mary went on a primordial and clannish agenda
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Neoteny(m): 6:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
That shari'a judge Tanko is up to his Fulanization and islamization tricks again.

Democracy is dead under Buhari
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Tospringe: 6:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:

It depends on what happens to apc's votes.if the votes still stand,then diri cannot be sworn in.they will be a rerun
Even if APC votes doesn't stand, I'm not sure he still has the spread

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:07pm On Feb 13, 2020
This is a big win for Dickson and those of you who had accused gej for sell out you see your life.I think the fast track judgement is good rather than allows someone to have spend years before SC judgement all election matters at all levels should be settle before sworn in
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by OYAY(m): 6:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
Justice Eko also ordered that INEC immediately declare the party with the highest number of lawful votes and geographical spread.

Let us see whether PDP candidate meet the requisite condition as declared by the supreme court
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by garfield1: 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2020
joeluv:
Lmao...Imo was day light robbery. Everyone knows that
It was a pure ruling
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by garfield1: 6:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
OYAY:
Justice Eko also ordered that INEC immediately declare the party with the highest number of lawful votes and geographical spread.

Let us see whether PDP candidate meet the requisite condition as declared by the supreme court
He did not meet it
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:14pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:
It was a pure ruling
Pure like this one too
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by ugohenry2019(m): 6:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
God this Nigeria tire me!!!!! well that Angel that directed me to Nigeria we must surely see face to face
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by ThatFairGuy: 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2020
Very useless judgment. DEMOCRACY WON'T BE IN DANGER NOW O

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Abeos(m): 6:41pm On Feb 13, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Nigeria constitution is a joke and I believe the judiciary is confusing us the populace the more with unbelievable judgements.
If deputy and governors actually have the same ticket, why then was Faleke not sworn in as Governor in Kogi State after the death of abdulsalam?
Why was Bello brought into the fold?

I really like this your observation. What we have in Nigeria judgement are just series of contradictions and inconsistency. Purely politics

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Mintek: 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
Opeyemiebun:
Nigeria constitution is a joke and I believe the judiciary is confusing us the populace the more with unbelievable judgements.
If deputy and governors actually have the same ticket, why then was Faleke not sworn in as Governor in Kogi State after the death of abdulsalam?
Why was Bello brought into the fold?

Faleke should have been sworn in upon Audu's death but unfortunately he is a Christian.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Mintek: 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
MrPrsdent:
Wrong judgment.
Even though i'm more aligned with the PDP this judgment is wrong. Same as that of Imo state.

The supreme court should have allowed Lyon to be sworn in and disqualified his deputy. Lyon would then pick another deputy. The people of Bayelsa voted for Lyon, not his deputy.

Wrong.
Lyon and his deputy ran on a JOINT ticket.

Our constitution does not permit individual candidacy.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Mintek: 6:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
dallyemmy:
So if the vice die now na to sack the governor?

You are misinterpreting the whole thing.

If a governor dies in power, the deputy automatically takes over because the ticket is a joint one; just as any negative court ruling (such as this) will also affect them both.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by mejai(m): 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
175:

Smiles! That's the result when your kids drag you go parlour and politely ask you to join dem watch Disney Junior
honestly!
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by dallyemmy: 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
Mintek:

You are misinterpreting the whole thing.

If a governor dies in power, the deputy automatically takes over because the ticket is a joint one; just as any negative court ruling (such as this) will also affect them both.
We hope it won't set a wrong precedence.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by onatisi(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ceenelly:
Nice one, them own don de too much, congrat to Seriake Dickson and the few PDP that stood their ground
this is a big blow to gej and his wife political structure in bayelsa state
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by ckc(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
garfield1:

The judges erred here.where is the proof that the deputy supplied false information of a fundamental nature? They were discrepancies in his names and he duly provided sworn affidavits to cover them.it was now incumbent on the appellants to prove the false information and to show how fundamental it is beyond reasonable doubt.governors wike,ikpeazu,ayade,masari,lalong all provided false and questionable information.why were they not sacked? Most nigerians use age declarations backed with sworn affidavits.

Apc in bayelsa is foolish.why allow Mary odili to head that panel? Why not anticipate this judgment and arrest it? Sylva must resign as minister.the supreme court is a useless court
Because it doesn't favour u this time right? pls just go one corner and sit down!
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by colossus91(m): 7:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
on seeing Odili I'm not shocked!!
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by DonroxyII: 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
JimmySwaggart:
while supreme Court is the VAR.
Gbam cheesy
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by emapeteum(m): 8:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
[quote author=anonymous1759 post=86619846]

Is only uncivilized and a stone-age man that will be abusive in his response to other peoples' view on national issues.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
For the children in the house....

This is the beginning of the case

Lower courts earlier decision

Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court in Abuja had, on November 12 2019, disqualified the APC governor-elect on the grounds that his deputy provided false information to INEC.
Mr Ekwo held that there was no connection between the name on the candidate’s school-leaving certificate, first degree (BA), master’s degree and the affidavits he swore.
However, the court of appeal set aside the decision of the trial court and affirmed the election of the APC candidates.
The three-member panel of the appellate court led by Justice Stephen Adah said that the PDP did not prove their case against the APC candidates.
The court held that Mr Degi-Eremienyo submitted an affidavit which showed evidence of his change of name from Adeyi-Eremienyo to Degi-Eremienyo.
“I agree with the appellant that the owner of the school leaving certificate and the GCE certificate are one and the same and I, therefore, set aside the judgment of the court below,” Mr Adah said.
Dissatisfied with the decision of the court of appeal, Mr Diri and his party filed an appeal at the apex court.
In its judgment on Thursday, the apex court set aside the judgment of the court of appeal and affirmed the decision which nullified Mr Degi-Eremienyo’s candidacy.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by zoezoelogistics(m): 8:21pm On Feb 13, 2020
OZAOEKPE:
grin grin

See as deputy use fake result spoil person own

The more reason people should be straight forward in their dealings.

Truth pays.

This is a lesson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Banmeallday: 8:27pm On Feb 13, 2020
So basically Black people cant conduct simple election.....Shame
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by tartar9(m): 8:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
PrinceMajestic:
[s]I'm surprised, I salute PDP. SS is always PDP, I wonder what rubbish was going on APC trying to rule in SS? We reject herdsmen, boko haram and bandit party in our region, I congratulate Doye diri pending his swearing in. Ex buharist and am deeply sorry. Shame on the Edo chimp of a national chairman[/s]
The people of bayelsa voted David lyon
Doesn't change the fact he was their choice

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by IME1: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2020
isthatso:

The woman has done more for PDP than the always second Secundus. This is the real PDP chairman!!

I pray before and after her retirement they don't come for her grin cheesy grin
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Mintek: 9:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
Akiika:
Are you kidding me? Nigeria's democracy is a joke! Why not just disqualify the running mate and have him pick someone else? Instead of of usurping the people's mandate? Money has obviously exchanged hands. For you indomie generation that loves to heap every blame on the president, is he the one that ask this obviously compromised judges to render this ridiculous judgment? I know it's APC vs PDP to you, but the real issue here is the compromised judiciary.

Rid your mind of sentiment.
Our Constitution has no room for individual candidacy...mandates belong to parties.
The APC ticket was nullified for forgery, so there's no way Lyon could have survived it.
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by Valentine097(m): 10:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Defected House of assembly members
hahahaha
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by marv1: 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2020
This is unbelievable .
This is unbelievable...
Nigeria is in a big trouble.
Different unbelievable stories every week.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by garfield1: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
IME1:

I pray before and after her retirement they don't come for her grin cheesy grin
She is retiring next year.buhari will personally come for her
Re: Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In by bumi10(m): 10:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
CyberWolf:
Go and study the constitution very well. They are on a joint ticket so, whatever affects one, affects the other. The law states that you must have a deputy before you can contest for governorship election. So when you have a deputy with fake result, it makes him unqualified which in turn means that you don’t have a deputy. What is hard for you to understand?

Choi, now i get it

David Lyon will roast that his deputy alive walai

hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigerians React As MC Oluomo Is Stabbed At APC Lagos Rally. Lands In Hospital / Kwara Poll: Gbemi Saraki Tackles Her Brother, Bukola Saraki (Pix, Video) / Have You Received Your FGN Survival Fund Alert?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.