Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Thread For Aspiring CISSPs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Aspiring CISSPs (699 Views)

Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / Thread For Mechanical Engineers... / Thread For Geographic Information System (GIS) Analysts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by engrrichie92(m): 5:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
CISSP is Certified Information System Security Professional
It is one of the must-have certifications as an Information security professional if you are thinking to advance your career in the field

CISSPs, What material and question banks did you use?
Aspiring CISSP, what book are you reading?... When do you plan to write?
How have you been managing work and studying?

We could form a whatsapp study group to help and motivate one another if the number is good
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by CeeKay17: 11:29am On Feb 16, 2020
Planning to write mine in May. Currently taking Mike Chapple's course on Linkedn.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by windows98: 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
I used the Sybex study guide to get the high level overview of the 8 domains. (7/10)

Kelly Handerhan cybrary videos for better understanding. (10/10)

Boson practice questions to get familiar with how the questions are worded. (9/10)

Day before the exam check out Larry Greenblatt and Kelly Handerhan's videos on why you will pass the exam (8/10)...these actually came in handy, the exam is an english exam as much as it is a security exam so knowing what to look for in the questions and answers might just give those extra points.

Good luck with your preps and writing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by engrrichie92(m): 10:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
windows98:
I used the Sybex study guide to get the high level overview of the 8 domains. (7/10)

Boson practice questions to get familiar with how the questions are worded. (9/10)

Day before the exam check out Larry Greenblatt and Kelly Handerhan's videos on why you will pass the exam (8/10)...these actually came in handy, the exam is an english exam as much as it is a security exam so knowing what to look for in the questions and answers might just give those extra points.

God bless you boss for sharing. we really appreciate this
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by engrrichie92(m): 1:35pm On May 31, 2020
windows98:

I passed
Thanks boss

1 Like

Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by Tobichuks08: 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
engrrichie92:

I passed
Thanks boss
can you put me through?
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by engrrichie92(m): 6:46am On Jun 16, 2020
Tobichuks08:
can you put me through?

Well...if it's guide you on what to study

You have them in this thread already

Or how do you mean

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by Tobichuks08: 8:56am On Jun 16, 2020
engrrichie92:

Well...if it's guide you on what to study

You have them in this thread already

Or how do you mean
the files to study with.
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by engrrichie92(m): 5:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
Tobichuks08:
the files to study with.

That's not an issue

Send me a pm
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by Enculer: 8:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
Hello Guys,

Congrats on those who have passed and all the best for those aspiring.

I plan to do CISSP in future. For now, I am preparing to take the Security Plus exam.

I have a question regarding claiming experience. How do you claim experience? Must you be working in an IT firm? What if you are into control engineering and do some design for safe systems - Operational Technology as opposed to Information Technology?

I am planning on doing a masters in IT with cyber security. Does this count towards the 5 years experience (plus my security plus cert).
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by Enculer: 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Another post. Sorry for the duplicate post as I have just created a separate thread where I asked this question below:

I do not know how actice this post is gonna be but here goes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

I would like to find out from people who are cyber security professionals. Please tell me what your experience has been. What are career prospects like? I ask this because I have seen plenty of people with certificates and some with experience but no job. During the COVID-19 pandemic, I have seen a number of cyber contacts go into the labour market and many are looking for jobs - kind of scary especially as the narative is that cyber security field is in need of hands - maybe they mean 'really really experienced hands'.

Another thing I observe is that most entry level jobs I see ask for like 5 years experience. How do you get around that? I have even seen a entry level job in the states that required CISSP - I mean CISSP requires a minimum of 5 years experience on its own.

Certificates open doors for you but experience will keep you in but then how does one break into the cyber security world from say electrical engineering?

Lastly I sense some 'elitist' thing with cyber security. I might be wrong but it is like the field is populated by smarty pants.

Please share your exprience and advice for someone planning to break into this field.
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by Tobichuks08: 8:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
engrrichie92:

That's not an issue

Send me a pm
sent boss
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by Enculer: 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
engrrichie92:

I passed
Thanks boss

Congrats.
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by bankool: 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2020
Kindly recommend where I can get hard copy of sybex. The soft copy has not been an easy read.
Re: Thread For Aspiring CISSPs by windows98: 8:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
engrrichie92:

I passed
Thanks boss

Congrats bro...dont know why I'm just seeing this. You are a CHAIRMAN!!!

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest University In Estonia And All Other Countries Abroad / Earn With Easy Without Investing A Dime (picture) / Resolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.