Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists (44624 Views)

Have You Heard Of The HPV VACCINE? Get In Here To Protect Our Young Girls / Coronavirus: FG To Ban Inter-State Travel, Close Motor Parks / This Is Where Fat Goes When You Lose Weight, According To Scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Jaqenhghar: 11:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
Niggeria scientists when dey use research money to buy car and house.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by IamDavid(m): 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
WHO scientists are asking for over 600 million dollars, they've gotten over 200 million so far... This 36 million promise is just making me smile cos it's nothing compared to the worth of the vaccine

1 Like

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by kay7: 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
Government should first remove the log in its eyes than the toothpick in someone else eyes.
First encourage Nigerian scientists to find cure and vaccines for:
1.. sickle cell anemia
2. Lassa Fever
3. River blindness
4.. Malaria
5. Typhoid
Who are we trying to impress!!!!

1 Like

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Correcto: 11:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
You and your like followers must be so ignorant. Please read what you wrote again.
rottennaija:
That's misplaced priority. First of all, how will they test the efficacy of their discoveries? And how will they know it works unless the have an infected patients or the sample of the virus to test it with? How will they get the virus sample to test? You will end of having people who work for their selfish interest thereby working against the interests of the general public.

This is an unworkable solution.

Why not call for the assembly of the best scientist and biochemist in Nigeria, give them a good lap, feed them, provide 24 hrs electricity with the best electronic gadgets and laboratory equipments and have them work together towards having a solution to the virus?

Common, who advises these people self? They need better advisers.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Prinsoul11(m): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
This minister has been promising since his tenure.....

Nigeria will go to the moon, now 36 millions
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-to-scientists-discover-conoravirus-vaccine-get-n36m.html
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
rottennaija:
That's misplaced priority. First of all, how will they test the efficacy of their discoveries? And how will they know it works unless the have an infected patients or the sample of the virus to test it with? How will they get the virus sample to test? You will end of having people who work for their selfish interest thereby working against the interests of the general public.

Why not call for the assembly of the best scientist and biochemist in Nigeria, give them a good lap, feed them, provide 24 hrs electricity with the best electronic gadgets and laboratory equipments and have them work together towards having a solution to the virus?

make 36 billion i will bring it by monday morning!
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by 12345baba(m): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
Audio promise
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Correcto: 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
Find out if such lab exist first
staga:
How will the research work on a category 4 virus which is spread in the air be done?

Does Nigeria have a biosafety level 4 laboratory? How a PhD holder in Chemical Engineering can say something like this baffles me.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by galadima77(m): 11:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
rottennaija:

Bros if you say they need better advisers, it implies they have good ones at hand. No vex me o!

Good points though!
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by shaw2(m): 11:58pm On Feb 13, 2020
Any mumu that will bring that fucking sample here in naija I will personally kill him before he kills multitude.

Nonsense people
Finish with insurgency first.

One at a time

2 Likes

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by misterjosh(m): 11:59pm On Feb 13, 2020
Do we have enough or any test kits at all for the virus... make them no go do pass themselves o
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Hottdawgg: 11:59pm On Feb 13, 2020
Has any Nigerian developed any verified vaccine before now. Is it with coronavirus the Govt expect our scientist to start? Are these people thinking at all?
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by omoadeleye(m): 12:00am On Feb 14, 2020
franktolk:
If we were to go by past experiences with the federal government , its a No no from me .
The last time they promised to pay Whistleblowers, they refused to pay the guy that informed EFCC about money hidden in 1004 estate and if at all they paid him eventually we knew how long they dragged the matter.

Baba, a whitsle blower is not always exposed, they would have paid the blower for long or did he complained that he hasn't been paid to you?
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Angelfrost(m): 12:02am On Feb 14, 2020
LadySwitz:

Lmao

A wise Nigerian Scientist will have the FG sign an agreement first. Shikena!

Why bother... Anyone with that cure can easily make billions by selling it to any top pharmaceutical company in Europe or Asia.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:03am On Feb 14, 2020
Kylekent59:
Oya ooooo

Where them doctor igboko gboko cleanser, baba ogun, Bembelar bitters, Baba alaga....

Work dey for una ooo.

If babalawos are truly what they are, they should prove us wrong in finding a cure.

The same jax they do for people, let them find a cure.

I just hope there ain't any case in Nigeria this one he asked.

The spirit and the gods never reveal the cure to them or they are in sleep mode since they feel its the white man disease. lol
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by liver123(m): 12:06am On Feb 14, 2020
If China cannot discover it, is Nigeria scientist that can?
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Xclusiveme: 12:07am On Feb 14, 2020
Most expensive joke in history
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Xclusiveme: 12:10am On Feb 14, 2020
Onyekachi419:
Hahahahahahahahaha are we a joke to FG
Imagine this disease hit Nigeria
they wil slash that mony til there is nothing to share.

Abeg cornovorius they your Dey abeg we don't need you here.
Audio scientists

You're on a different idea
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by franktolk(m): 12:10am On Feb 14, 2020
omoadeleye:

Baba, a whitsle blower is not always exposed, they would have paid the blower for long or did he complained that he hasn't been paid to you?

https://punchng.com/why-weve-not-paid-whistleblower-who-exposed-secret-223m-nnpc-account

https://www.pulse.ng/whistleblower-reportedly-sues-fg-for-failing-to-pay-him-n19bn-commission/t4c3h6e
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by imam07: 12:18am On Feb 14, 2020
If i get d cure am worth than $36m
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by zigalo(m): 12:22am On Feb 14, 2020
grin grin See empty promise. Minister that knows that there is no Scientist in Nigeria. #Jappatoforeign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by ttobizz(m): 12:34am On Feb 14, 2020
While you are there marking English the guy man as already gathered over 200likes

LadySwitz:

I didn't pick any sense in your write up... Read carefully what you've just posted.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Jman06(m): 12:34am On Feb 14, 2020
This minister is not sounding like a scientist at all!

What connects viral vaccines with herbs, forests and all the other rubbish he mentioned there
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Moneywirer: 12:38am On Feb 14, 2020
Openbusiness:
Ordinary N36m for

a virus that has put China in quarantine,
a virus that made America declare a national emergency after just 3 cases,
a virus that Europe is shutting inbound and outbound flights over,
a virus that has reached 5 out of 7 continents in 2 months...?

If i found the cure, maybe i'll wait till three-quarter of Nigeria is infected and then we can negotiate whether you can pay me $300 trillion USD in cash or you sell Nigeria to me for the cure and all Nigerians relocate and leave the country for me and my sugar baby cheesy. I will mine and extract all your natural resources from every single corner of the land, then re-sell the remaining skeleton graveyard to the Chinese for another $300billion USD as their dump site. Because once a shithole, always a shithole. Can't build a paradise on accursed lands. I will go buy off Eritrea and Ethiopia and build a paradise there. The End cheesy

Wake up!!!! .....It's morning
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Empiree: 12:39am On Feb 14, 2020
Nigerian politicians are illiterates, period.
rottennaija:

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Chicastle: 12:46am On Feb 14, 2020
I can only see Nigeria as a working country or a country that has leader, when there is 24hr power supply, until I stop seeing citizens of Nigeria wasting their monies purchasing petrol to supply themselves electricity, petrol that's made for light vehicles for powering engine, has now become Nigeria citizens source of power supply. And this onu is not ashamed talking. Only Nigeria has no power supply. Without light then no country and no president . in fact no power supply, nobody is working
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:48am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:

Oga,

They can download the signature for the virus from the internet and work with it... If it works, they just send the sample to them in China thru WHO. They receive all samples.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by nairalandbuzz(m): 12:52am On Feb 14, 2020
mvem:
and why do you think Nigerian Scientists don't have the sample. The Science community is a global one just like in academia where knowledge is shared among scholars. The new virus is being studied all around the world by independent researchers, government funded researchers and private funded. WHO has shared its knowledge of the virus to all the countries of the world and research is going on in identifying more about the the Virus and creating a Vaccine...Lai Mohammed don't have to go and get the sample, the way you guyz talk here

God bless you for explaining it better than I

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Nobody: 12:54am On Feb 14, 2020
Are Babalawos included in Nigeria scientists?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by lordprogress: 12:56am On Feb 14, 2020
Oh come on even the Chinese that have the equipments and the brains have not succeeded na all this our odolakpo na wan bring vaccine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Amudeneogu: 12:57am On Feb 14, 2020
Please, I think all these traditional medicine men and women may have solutions for it,

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wheat Flour Is A Dangerous Substitute For Garri, Amala And Pounded Yam. Dont Eat / 5 Ways To Locally Cure Pile In Nigeria / Man Impaled By A Wooden Peg, Gets Saved (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.