Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists (44642 Views)

Have You Heard Of The HPV VACCINE? Get In Here To Protect Our Young Girls / Coronavirus: FG To Ban Inter-State Travel, Close Motor Parks / This Is Where Fat Goes When You Lose Weight, According To Scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Saintfrancis82(m): 3:14am On Feb 14, 2020
Why, some of you here is talking about, assuming if any scientist in Nigeria find vaccine is automatically Rich and his name will be recorded in the world.....
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by wirinet(m): 3:24am On Feb 14, 2020
Lugianostar:
I think he is promising from a malaria stricken mood?
Don't mind them, ordinary malaria that's the number 1 killer disease in the world, they are not spending money on research or promising reward for research, they are talking about a virus that is yet to infect just 1 black man.

I have said it again and again, I doubt the new corona virus would be a problem for us in this part of Africa, as we have never had problems with the flu virus and other flu like viruses. Non of the other corona viruses had really had impact on us in the past.

If we are vulnerable, I am sure it would have been at our shores already, as the test kits to even test for the virus only arrived last week.

I am not saying we should get complacent though and not protect ourselves.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by AreaFada2: 3:49am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:
That's misplaced priority. First of all, how will they test the efficacy of their discoveries? And how will they know it works unless the have an infected patients or the sample of the virus to test it with? How will they get the virus sample to test? You will end of having people who work for their selfish interest thereby working against the interests of the general public.

This is an unworkable solution.

Why not call for the assembly of the best scientist and biochemist in Nigeria, give them a good lap, feed them, provide 24 hrs electricity with the best electronic gadgets and laboratory equipments and have them work together towards having a solution to the virus?

Common, who advises these people self? They need better advisers.

I do not know what makes otherwise brilliant people become VERY slow when they become part of the Nigerian government at any level.

You do not create vaccines overnight.

Which Nigerian institutes or universities currently have world-class expertise in corona viruses? What's the research output of such institutes?

Having degrees from the most prestigious universities in the world doesn't equate to world class.

In the UK, experts upon experts from King's College London, Imperial College London, UCL and others come on TV to enlighten the public about Covid-19 daily. People who oversea treatment and or do research, many for decades now, on this group of virus.

This is not BBN show where you win millions after weeks. It's a job serious countries fund and prepare their scientists for decades long.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by AreaFada2: 3:49am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:
That's misplaced priority. First of all, how will they test the efficacy of their discoveries? And how will they know it works unless the have an infected patients or the sample of the virus to test it with? How will they get the virus sample to test? You will end of having people who work for their selfish interest thereby working against the interests of the general public.

Why not call for the assembly of the best scientist and biochemist in Nigeria, give them a good lap, feed them, provide 24 hrs electricity with the best electronic gadgets and laboratory equipments and have them work together towards having a solution to the virus?

I do not know what makes otherwise brilliant people become VERY slow when they become part of the Nigerian government at any level.

Which Nigerian institutes or universities currently have world-class expertise in corona viruses? What's the research output of such institutes?

Having degrees from the most prestigious universities in the world doesn't equate to world class.

In the UK, experts upon experts from King's College London, Imperial College London, UCL and others come on TV to enlighten the public about Covid-19 daily. People who oversea treatment and or do research, many for decades now, on this group of virus. Same in France, Germany, USA, etc.

This is not BBN show where you win millions after weeks. It's serious job countries fund and prepare their scientists for decades long.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by cardoctor(m): 4:13am On Feb 14, 2020
Pls where can I go to collect the money cos I have the cure?
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Gee64: 4:16am On Feb 14, 2020
If Ruzu Bitters can be used to cure coronavirus, then I should be given the N36m award!
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Gee64: 4:18am On Feb 14, 2020
Remember, delay is dangerous.
I can cure it using Ruzu, I swear!
So, where is my award?
AreaFada2:

In the UK, experts upon experts from King's College London, Imperial College London, UCL and others come on TV to enlighten the public about Covid-19 daily. People who oversea treatment and or do research, many for decades now, on this group of virus. Same in France, Germany, USA, etc.

This is not BBN show where you win millions after weeks. It's a job serious countries fund and prepare their scientists for decades long.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by AreaFada2: 4:23am On Feb 14, 2020
Gee64:
So, where is my award?

Ruzu herbal vaccine? Lol. grin cheesy
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by AreaFada2: 4:24am On Feb 14, 2020
Gee64:
So, where is my award?

Ruzu herbal vaccine? Lol. grin cheesy

Vaccine is not to cure primarily.
It's used to prevent.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by eagleu: 4:26am On Feb 14, 2020
LadySwitz:

Alright, I will go to Vom.

Next, the no good minister will offer a reward for the first scientist to go to the moon from Nigeria. When we don't have an airplane, take off and landing pads, or even 24 hrs electricity to see road!!!

1 Like

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by bellotaofeek: 4:29am On Feb 14, 2020
Don’t bring this nonsense virus into the country. Stupid ppl
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by ibietela2(m): 4:52am On Feb 14, 2020
This one just talks without thinking
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by ibietela2(m): 4:53am On Feb 14, 2020
LadySwitz:

I didn't pick any sense in your write up... Read carefully what you've just posted.

I guess your IQ level is very very very very low
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by olaodun: 4:55am On Feb 14, 2020
Tomorrow Saturday 15/02 TRAINING WITH LAND OPPORTUNITIES IN LAGOS
PRACTICAL AGRIC TRAINING WITH LAND OPPORTUNITIES IN LAGOS
ENLOKAY VENTURES IN CONJUNCTION WITH NATURE AND BRICKS NIGERIA LIMITED presents
A DAY SEMINAR ON Fish , Poultry Snail Grasscutter , Plantain and Vegetable farming.
Venue: MARAS HOTEL, OPPOSITE MODEL COLLEGE, IGBOGBO ROAD, IKORODU, LAGOS STATE.
Date 15/02/2020.
Fees: #5000
Phones 08055855979,
Farm land both leasing and purchase available
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Nobody: 5:01am On Feb 14, 2020
When the USELESS BBNAIJA WINNERS, take home 45 Million Naira, Housing Funds and a Tear Rubber Car

1 Like

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by InvertedHammer: 5:05am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:

/
It is never a challenge. He knows that Nigerian scientists do not have the intellectual capacity nor the facilities to develop such vaccines. They are more interested in international grants to procure the latest brands of SUVs to show off.
The honourable minister is just yanking their chains. That's all.
\
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by gosmoney(m): 5:10am On Feb 14, 2020

Common, who advises these people self? They need better advisers. [/quote]I think u make sence here
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Shattuck(m): 5:12am On Feb 14, 2020
even if I have a cure to the virus nah useless fed govt I go give,for how much?this man is just plain stupid,they think a major research like that is just something you get lucky with like bet9ja.do we have a research facility? education is Nigeria is very poor,health care is in ruins but somehow they want the cure for coronavirus,bunch of cowards who have no idea how the world works maybe 2moro lai Mohammed will say Nigeria is ready to challenge NASA to moon landing.even if I have a cure to the virus me no go even pick buhari call sef.who he help?
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by kunlero111: 5:14am On Feb 14, 2020
I must have really fuvked up in heaven to deserve a place like Nigeria. This man is a brilliant scientist.. but he has allowed the Nigerian politician in him to take over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Openbusiness: 5:27am On Feb 14, 2020
Mcquine:

Really funny.

I won't even consider buying this dump for chips.
Lmao cheesy
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Openbusiness: 5:29am On Feb 14, 2020
Moneywirer:

Wake up!!!! .....It's morning
I just did. Thank you sir Mr Alarm clock cheesy

1 Like

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by LZAA: 5:34am On Feb 14, 2020
Smh grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed helinues ebenezar2020
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by LZAA: 5:37am On Feb 14, 2020
AreaFada2:

Somebody dy wail o grin
Cc immhotep GMBuharii
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by OChimex: 5:42am On Feb 14, 2020
proclinician:

Huge lie. Do you know that indomethacin a blood thinner and a NSAID kills rats. While rats may help in a pilot experiemnt of such a project it is not enough for a conclusion and you cannot administer a medication to treat an illhealth just because rats were cured.

Then how do they test new drugs if not on animals?
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by gaddafe(m): 5:42am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:

Everything you wrote is trash. Are you a scientists? Leave the scientists to bother about how the experiments will be carried out. Its quite obvious that's not your field.

I'm bothered for three reasons:
One: No one has ever detected a cure for virus. No virus can be cured. So why do they think a cure for this will surface? Virus were not designed to be killed except you want to kill the host with it, they are top in the food chain

Two: For something that no one in the world has discovered, the government is offering a mere 36 million naira not dollars. This is the money that is not even enough to buy a senator's vehicle. Put in mind that if a cure is found today, it will be the first cure for any virus in the world. This is a huge record.

Three: I'm shocked about the amount of likes you gathered. It goes to show the level of intelligence we have here

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by OChimex: 5:44am On Feb 14, 2020
macIB:

He has put both short and long term facts into that statement of his. I am of the opinion that you lack the scientific mind to analyse this hence your lack of comprehension of simple basic scientific methods and facts.

Poor arguments you only attacked the person instead of the topic. Very poor logical arguments.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Abeos(m): 5:44am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:

You may be right about the assembly part but completely wrong with the statement unworkable solution. So if it's created in Nigeria it must only be tested in Nigeria? Samples of the vaccine/cure will simply be sent to countries in dire need of it to be tested
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by OChimex: 5:54am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:

You are probably right in some cases, but not in all cases. The challenge here is, the resources to work with, not just any rat, you need a strand of the virus.

Books reading are different, no risk of death. Besides, first materials are first class materials, but innovations and breakthroughs like these are not generally made by first class materials. But virus that does not a have a way of dealing with it? Well...

And in this case, you need a rat that has the virus or infect it with one. Bottom line, you will still need the virus to test your work on it.

But they found a medicine for Ebola, tested it on animals first before making it ready for human use, this was just in a short term during the peak of Ebola.

The mention of first class material was just an example of how price can push people to do wonders.

Mind you, Nigerians have been making little inventions since time Immemorial. Example, the man from Michael Okpara Univ who said he discovered HIV drugs, which Lab does he use to research?

Have you gone to NAFDAC Lab built in Anambra by late Dora Akunyili? Dora did wonders there. I mean you know her as a no nonsense woman, imagine the quality of lab she built.

The bottom line is people don't have motivation here to do anything. This is one of such motivations. If the government are serious and. sincere, just watch how many people will come out with their inventions to claim this huge sum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Abfinest007(m): 5:55am On Feb 14, 2020
rottennaija:

the same i wanted to say.bro u are good

1 Like

Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by kristo123: 6:03am On Feb 14, 2020
Looking for a cure for a disease the govt claimed is not in the country. Yet there are rumours of Chinese returnees showing similar symptoms to the coronavirus in Lagos.
Re: Discover Conoravirus Vaccine, Get N36m - FG To Scientists by Santito: 6:12am On Feb 14, 2020
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

5 Ways To Locally Cure Pile In Nigeria / Man Impaled By A Wooden Peg, Gets Saved (Graphic Photos) / Hospital Seeks The Public's Help In Identifying An Accident Victim (graphic Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.