Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network (37458 Views)

FG Extends NIN-SIM Verification Deadline Till March 31, 2022 / FG Extends NIN-SIM Verification Deadline Till End Of The Year / Pantami Directs NCC To Block 9.2m Improperly Registered SIM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Nodogragra4me(m): 8:14am On Feb 14, 2020
Nbote:
Instead of dem to b working towards creating a database for Nigerians dey are busy pursuing ppl with multiple sim cards..

Networks encourages multiple registration with their promos.
Glo gives you 14g gig for four months on a new sim and then reverse back to 5.8g.

How much is a new sim that sometimes they five out for free that I will now settle for5.8g
G

2 Likes

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Greenkira(f): 8:15am On Feb 14, 2020
eduman365:

If you check well, that person must be a criminal... It doesn't make sense for anyone to have 57 sim cards.

Sim registration is also part of the database architecture, stop being ignorant.
what If said your talking trash?
Did they said it was registered once?
I have used more than 70 SIM card,
the last time my mom opened my wardrobe she counted 62.
I like changing SIM card because of that fvcking bonus
grin
by the way I have the complete video

1 Like

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Flier: 8:16am On Feb 14, 2020
CaptainFM1:

Well, Kids are qualified to use Sim enabled devices. Read this also...

The network is to blame not the individual. Many people may have needs for multiple Sims. Someone operating a transport company with fleet of cars may require sim card in every single car for the sole purpose of tracking.

Also with kidnapping very rife in almost everywhere, parent may installed trackers in their kids bag, shoes etc. There are also sim enabled CCTVs. So if I have 100 of those on my property, Im going to need 100 Sims.

There are several and genuine needs for multiple sims. What is important is to be able to trace all the Sims to the person. If he paid for them he commits no crime. There's no sim limits placed on anybody.
You are right

1 Like

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by ProfKhaycee(m): 8:18am On Feb 14, 2020
theoneJabulani:
I think that person might be me. It's not my fault, the welcome double data bonus from Airtel and Glo ogasim has made data a little affordable

Same here ooo....
I have registered more than 10 Sims just because of data.. Mtn yafun yafun gives 500 for 1.5gb for 3months only....after 3 months I dey buy anoda Sim straight

So tey mtn call me one day dey ask me why I dey register many Sims....I told them d fact dat its because of d yafun yafun tariff on new Sims ...and dey said OK

So I'm still buying more sims

1 Like

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 14, 2020
Which national ID? Do we have that? Even to get Voters card and International passport na war. Nigeria government
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by slimjohn2k5: 8:21am On Feb 14, 2020
The real thing is when u go too buy Sim now 99% are already pre registered because the telcos and their agents don't want to spend extra money on data to register Sim.
When u go to these boys they just act as they are carrying out the registration, most are fooling u as I had same experience buying glo Sim. The idiot was not registering anything, he gave me the Sim that after one hour, I put the Sim immediately, bought card and made calls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by AerialMapper: 8:26am On Feb 14, 2020
Nigerian Institutions and big big complicated nonsense!

Soon the mobile networks will ask us to come and queue to update our sim reg with our NIN or BVN.

The amount of data collected by individual organizations is alarming. FRSC, Banks, mobile networks, Passport office, NIMC, VIO, JAMB. Simply harmonize the database and you can cross reference. By now, a simple thumb print scan in any agency of the government should be able to draw out all the information about you but that is too much work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by mvem(m): 8:27am On Feb 14, 2020
Nbote:
Instead of dem to b working towards creating a database for Nigerians dey are busy pursuing ppl with multiple sim cards..
Without a database how would they know someone has multiple sims...smh...must you just comment
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by charlsecy(m): 8:30am On Feb 14, 2020
It's no crime in and of itself.

israelmao:
That must be a fraudster or criminal.
Not necessarily.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Jonovo98: 8:32am On Feb 14, 2020
If they like let them insert tracker in SIM cards
That's none of my business
All I know is that men's go dey hustle
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Jonovo98: 8:36am On Feb 14, 2020
If they like let them insert tracker in SIM cards that's none of my business
All I know is that men's go dey hustle

1 Like

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by NigeriaBam: 8:36am On Feb 14, 2020
Still small.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Juliearth(f): 8:37am On Feb 14, 2020
Nbote:

Are you minding them?

Its a shame that a country as heterogeneous as Nigeria does not have a central Database and citizens have to quese for NIN, PVC...
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Illusioneffect(m): 8:43am On Feb 14, 2020
My bro get like 43 mtn sim, anytime he owe mtn he go dump am buy anoda one winkwink
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by bromen: 8:50am On Feb 14, 2020
National ID Card that takes sometimes very long to get even after following all due procedures. Until you make getting the ID easy to get, shut up. Do you know how people suffer to get this National ID Card?
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by KINGwax007(m): 8:52am On Feb 14, 2020
Nbote:
if you have brain, what then are they trying to do?
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Nobody: 8:57am On Feb 14, 2020
Is the person currently using the 57 SIM cards at a time.

From the age of 16 to 20, he or she might have used 10 SIM cards, now compare it to a 68 to 75 years old person.

Nonsense

I can't even count how many SIM cards that I have used, especially the nonsense AIRTEL.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by MrBONE2(m): 9:04am On Feb 14, 2020
theoneJabulani:
I think that person might be me. It's not my fault, the welcome double data bonus from Airtel and Glo ogasim has made data a little affordable

grin

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 14, 2020
Greenkira:
what If said your talking trash?
Did they said it was registered once?
I have used more than 70 SIM card,
the last time my mom opened my wardrobe she counted 62.
I like changing SIM card because of that fvcking bonus
grin
by the way I have the complete video

Well I'm shocked... You didn't have to insult me though. This is an open forum where we're all free to express our opinions.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by vincentjk(m): 9:07am On Feb 14, 2020
mu2sa2:
Let's not criminalize everything. Many people take advantage of 2-3 months' double data bonus offered by service providers for new sim cards by discarding a sim card after the expiration of the awoof period and buying a new one so as to continue to enjoy the offer. Some people heavy internet surfers have multiple sim cards of many service providers in order to be online always.

Lols you spoke my mind, in 2015 I registered so many mtn sims just for these bonuses and my people thought I was into Yahoo. Lol
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 14, 2020
ybalogs:
The person should be arrested ASAP or put on a watch. How will a person register 57 SIM cards of a network??

Some of them sell sim cards. They self -register the cards for convenience.
If you ever bought a sim card by the roadside, odds are that they made a show of "registering" the sim... Use that sim to place a call to a phone with Truecaller, then the real name on the sim shows up. It won't be your name.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Greenkira(f): 9:13am On Feb 14, 2020
eduman365:

Well I'm shocked... You didn't have to insult me though. This is an open forum where we're all free to express our opinions.
Okay insult withdrawn
Am sorry
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by cluewebhost(m): 9:30am On Feb 14, 2020
hmmmnnnn
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Opeakins(m): 9:46am On Feb 14, 2020
I swear u re actually saying d truth
theoneJabulani:
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 14, 2020
akuya.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Opeakins(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2020
If we go check am well
Dat person fit b me
Coz I do change my sim to get data awooof
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by MrBONE2(m): 9:47am On Feb 14, 2020
YesNo:

Amebo. yes i have 7,000,528 sim cards & 6,354,235 phones

go & tell them.
grin

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Chinwe4real(f): 9:57am On Feb 14, 2020
When I was working for Airtel as a data entree in a town in Imo state, I experience something as similar as this.

Sometimes, some young men even pay barrow pushers, and people in need of money, five hundred naira to have their data and image captured while registering a SIM card.

1 Like

Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by benobyeze(m): 10:05am On Feb 14, 2020
One of the systems they use in embezzlement. Second level please.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Commentor: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2020
Nbote:

What database other than NIN?

It is already being made.

I dare you to get a passport today without your NIN.
Re: SIM Verification Exposes One Person With 57 Registered Sim Cards In One Network by Commentor: 10:10am On Feb 14, 2020
kross01:
As always, they will first of all rush to the media first and convict the person before doing due diligence. What if that person is a small business owner that wants to do a CUG with the registered lines on the network for his/her employees? Or a Nigerian in diaspora that will register a new sim each time he/she comes into the country? Or like people earlier mentioned, someone wanting to enjoy data bonus from the network. But they will prefer to always put the cart before the horse for want of sensational headlines and to pass off as working politicians.

Then the Telecoms companies are to blame.

If you come into the country and after being away for so long, you need a new SIM, the company should reissue the same SIM to you and not provide you another.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NCC Unveils New Unified Short Codes For All Mobile Networks In The Country / Rooting Samsung Grand Duos / How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.