Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,965 members, 7,799,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

What Will It Cost? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Will It Cost? (754 Views)

How Much Does It Cost To Advertise On Facebook? / How Much Will It Cost To Create A Website? / How much does it cost to design a website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will It Cost? by binaflexia: 10:03am On Dec 15, 2010
my Leaders,

I'm an up coming web developer.

A client has asked me to integrate ATM on his website. I don't know how to go about this and the fair amount I should charge him for the job.

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: What Will It Cost? by saebet(m): 1:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
nothing less than N2,500 on smartwebhostng.com you can navigate your way there via cashnicheempire.com it's that simple
welcome!
Re: What Will It Cost? by binaflexia: 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2010
Those sites are not useful and non-existence.

Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Your input will be highly appreciated.
Re: What Will It Cost? by yawatide(f): 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2010
I don't know how to go about this and the fair amount I should charge him for the job.

Hmm, no offense but why did you accept to undertake the job in the first place? Is it that you did the site first then he asked for this later? If so, I understand. If not, again, you probably would have taken it.

to your question/appeal: Would you mind expatiating on the term, "ATM"? This will help the not so bright amongst us, of which I am chief, to better understand where you are coming from and to perhaps help you out as well.
Re: What Will It Cost? by binaflexia: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2010
yawa-ti-de:

Hmm, no offense but why did you accept to undertake the job in the first place? Is it that you did the site first then he asked for this later? If so, I understand. If not, again, you probably would have taken it.

to your question/appeal: Would you mind expatiating on the term, "ATM"? This will help the not so bright amongst us, of which I am chief, to better understand where you are coming from and to perhaps help you out as well.

He was introduced to me by a friend and I have just completed an Hotel website for him. He collects jobs, but don't know how to developer and he has began to develop confidence in me, so I don't want loose that.

After completing the hotel website, he told me that a new job is coming up, which involves purchasing suits online with an ATM (Automated Teller Machine) card, which is acquired from banks. He asked how much I will take to deliver such job before he meet the client. The only challenging part that I'm new to, is the integration of the ATM service on the website.

I don't know anything about it. I need help so that I can tell him how much to pay for the job.

Thanks for your response.
Re: What Will It Cost? by Seton(m): 10:35am On Dec 17, 2010
@ poster
you need to contact interswitch which i know will cost you an unrefundable fee of N150,000, or alternatively you may contact GTB their business solution which will cost an unrefundable fees of N75,000. Remember there are many documentations and verification involve, so tell you clients to get his documents ready. goodluck
Re: What Will It Cost? by yawatide(f): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2010
Now you are making some more sense. You basically want an ecommerce site. The way you had it before, it's like you wanted to implement an actual Automated Teller Machine on your website, which is impossible.

Do what Seton says. If it is like paypal, they will provide you with a code that you add to the site and that's it.

Good luck!
Re: What Will It Cost? by Jcomtech: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2010
Hello house,
i have a client who wants to customize a website template.
How much can i charge him pls, am a newbie in the business.
Re: What Will It Cost? by binaflexia: 11:27am On Dec 17, 2010
@Seton

Thanks for your reply.

When u said documentation, what kind of documents should i ask them to get ready?

The GTB business solution, does it work with all banks in Nigeria or just GTB alone?

Thank you once again.
Re: What Will It Cost? by Seton(m): 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2010
the GTB business solution accept all ATM issued by all other banks, it just that your account will be opened with them any you can be able to accept any ATM from all other banks.

the company must be limited liability company and other things that may be required, i advice you go to GTB headquarter, 'cos it may be done at the branches. goodluckl
Re: What Will It Cost? by Slyr0x: 9:29pm On Dec 17, 2010
Best thing DON'T TAKE THE JOB. Fa'realz we talking bout an e commerce site here and if u knw nuting bout integrating an epayment system DON'T TRY IT cos there's definitely gon be more holes than a sponge. My2Coins.
Re: What Will It Cost? by leo2009(m): 9:52pm On Dec 18, 2010
Slyr0x:

Best thing DON'T TAKE THE JOB. Fa'realz we talking bout an e commerce site here and if u knw nuting bout integrating an epayment system DON'T TRY IT cos there's definitely gon be more holes than a sponge. My2Coins.
so if he doesnt take d job, how is he goin to learn how to work with ecommerce site,
on the other hand, all tutorials seems to be goin on here, i havent come across one 4 ecommerce, guru's in d house wat is happening
Re: What Will It Cost? by bug24(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2010
ok, lemme polish slyr0x's reply,

take the job but u need to sub-contract it and do crazy follow ups with the sub-contractor so u can actually learn one or two things and be able to defend questions when it arises from the client.

i try?
Re: What Will It Cost? by Slyr0x: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2010
leo2009:

so if he doesnt take d job, how is he goin to learn how to work with ecommerce site,
on the other hand, all tutorials seems to be goin on here, i havent come across one 4 ecommerce, guru's in d house wat is happening

So you learn by jumping in2 stuffs you have no idea of how/what makes them work? ? ? iLaugh in Swahili.

Thats the exact problem wv some people. . .Y not humble your self, attach yourself to a Web Dev Company(in this case one that does e commerce sites), learn how it is being built et al b4 you start thinking of getting such contracts.

As it is now, more than 75% of web applications built are vulnerable. . . Pls dnt UP the stats.

Re: What Will It Cost? by leo2009(m): 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2010
bug24:

ok, lemme polish slyr0x's reply,

take the job but u need to sub-contract it and do crazy follow ups with the sub-contractor so u can actually learn one or two things and be able to defend questions when it arises from the client.

i try?

better advice 4 him, not everybody has time or access to web dev companies,
Re: What Will It Cost? by bug24(m): 10:19pm On Dec 21, 2010
Slyr0x, did i just see interswitch's url there? lol
Re: What Will It Cost? by Slyr0x: 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2010
No bro. . .Twas a slip of my keyboard tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

How To Execute Php3 Under A Php5 Installation? / Guys Do You Need Help In Buying Things On Clickbank? / Anybody Ever Used 1khosting.net ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.