Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] (2155 Views)

Matrimony Of Secrets / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ / Lethal Matrimony (2) (3) (4)

Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 10:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
An early HAPPY VALENTINE to y'all ❤❤

I hope you celebrate it with goodness!!

Drive safe, Drink safe and choose wisely!

So this is another rollercoaster of emotions from our dearest heroin Kayla. If you liked Till Death Do Us Part, you will certainly love this one!

This is Till Death Do Us Part sequel and if you haven't read the book, you might not understand this one!

So, it's highly advisable that you read TDDUP!

I rant too much Abi?

No vex jare... Just manage me like that❤

The cover is below and the first two chapters are totally unedited. Just incase you see one heavy grammar wey no dey dictionary and you roll your eyes and be like, this girl sef ehn

Anywho's, I intended to update by 12 midnight but today was very hectic and I have to report to work again by 7am.. So, my lords and ladies.. Your servant needs sleep ; -)

Let's begin another race of life after marriage

Constructive criticism is very much allowed!

Thank youus and God/Allah bless y'all hearts❤

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 10:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
I'm tagging on Ann2012

Happy Valentine's Day bae kiss

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2020
~Him!

Deadly matrimony!

~The sun won't shine without your smile, the day is useless without the echoes of your laughter..

~The fault in our stars..

I stand across the room, watching him..

Just there, unable to make a move or send a signal that I am here.

He's with a bunch of kids who are wearing the same uniform as he's wearing.. Teaching them something which they pay rapt attention to. He smile when a child contributes to what he's saying and laughs when the child makes gestures..

What could he be teaching a bunch of teenage boys?

On my thoughts, a staff tapped me on the shoulder.

‘Ma'am, you have been here for the past hour, is everything alright?’

I gave her a weak smile and nodded.

‘Yes, everything's fine..’ I replied colly.

‘I know he's your husband and doesn't remember it... Just take heart and someday he will remember!’ She says, before patting me one more time on the shoulder, shrugs and leaves.

Darn humans and their sympathetic nature!!

I don't need sympathy from anyone!

After she left, I still stand there, trying to build up the courage to walk to him.

This should make it my second week here.. After I found out that he was alive and well, I made it a habit to visit everyday after work.

I look at the wall clock which hangs on the wall farther down the hall.

4:28pm

‘okay, this is it!’ I say, leaving my standing position and putting my legs to good use.

I cross the line that separate us and as if on cue, he lifts his head up from what he was looking at and our eyes met.

My heartbeat accelerated!

Those eyes...

Kayla don't think about the mesmerising eyes, just look at him, he's smiling!

He's smiling?

Of course he is...

Involuntarily, I smiled back..

‘Hey kids, it's miss pretty!’ I heard him say..

The children turn to look at me and they seem to start smiling all of a sudden!

I mean, apart from a certain boy who is looking at me like I have octopus for nostrils!

My legs carried me further to him.

‘Hey,...’ I managed to say, swallowing the huge lump that has formed in my throat.

‘Hi..’ He says, scratching the back of his neck, in a nervous manner..

Then, there's silence.

The children seem to be staring at us like we were performing a theatre show.

Waiting for who will speak next

Which obviously is me!

‘Urrm.. I brought you something. Here!’ I say, handing over the polythene bag that contains a flask of food.

‘Oh, well.. Thanks!.. Come and sit, I will soon be done with the kids and I will have time for you!’ He says, still scratching his neck.

Why is he nervous?

I'm supposed to be the nervous soul here!

I sit nevertheless, watching as he begins his teaching.

‘Jesus said that every child that obeys him will have what?’ He asks..

For a moment, I felt amused!

Is he teaching Jesus story?

Of course, yes!

This is a school centre after all!!

‘Eternal life!’ Yelled the children apart from the one that looked at me like I had octopus for nostrils.

Stubborn kid!

‘Jason, what did Jesus say to those that obeys?’ Fred ask, lifting his left eyebrow

‘Oreo's and biscuits!’ The stubborn kid who I got to know is Jason replies..

I held my laughter, using fitful of coughs to pretend.

The children burst out, laughing uncontrollably.

Fred doesn't seem to be amused by the whole situation. He looks at the kid like ‘What will I do with this little fish?’

The laughter seem to die off, with Jason staring at the porcelain floor, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

‘I don't want to believe that you have not been listening to me. So for the last time Jason, what did God say that will happen to those that obeys him?’ Fred ask, calmly looking at the boy like he is some white and black TV buttons.

‘I thought it was Jesus and not God!’ The kid replied, without a slight inch of amusement in his features.

Everyone laughs again, some toppling over, holding their stomachs.

I just couldn't help it, I burst out and laughed out my sorrows.

Fred face palms and clutch the book he was holding tightly.

‘Jesus and God are two in one!’ Fred replies.

‘You mean like Oreo's chocolate biscuit which they put together and you can separate them if you want?’ The boy replies, getting excited.

We laugh again

‘Errr.. Well, you can say it like that!’ Fred says, giving up on the kid's attitude.

‘Yayy!! Can we have biscuits now? I'm sure Jesus will be glad!’ He replies.

The rest of the kids seems to agree to this and nods energetically.

Fred looks at me in a manner of ‘Can you imagine?’ I just shrug..

‘Well, yes.. I don't think any of you will concentrate afterwards... So of you go you little sons of Jezebel!!’

They giggled and sauntered off, holding each other hands and moving towards the cafeteria.

‘Mr Fred! I've told you never to call the children by that name!’ Someone thunders.

I look back to see who it was and find that it's the manager. I cheekily grin at her which she returns with all pleasure.

Fred shrugs and continues to gather his teaching tools.

‘How are you, Kay?’ She asked

‘I'm fine ma'am..’ I reply

‘Good... Tell him never to call those children by that name!’ She fires.

I just smiled and she walks off.

‘Let's go outside...’ Fred says, looking serious.

I stand to my feet, adjusted my black lace high-waisted skirt with a crop top to match and followed him.

The chirping of birds and the fresh breeze pays homage to us as we walked outside.

The yard is almost empty and there's a faint sound of running water which is probably coming from the naked woman fountain.

I sigh contentiously and sit next to Feed.

He opens the flask and peers inside it.

He smiles at what he saw, fetched a spoon from the bag and starts devouring the meal.

I laugh slightly at this, and for a second, I felt content.

Content with sitting with him..

Content with having his company..

Content with the fact that in as much as he doesn't remember, we are still legally married and nothing can separate us, till death do us part!

Which death tried to do us part once, but failed brutally!

Hah! In your face you slimy excuse for separation called death!

He seems to notice my mood and turns to look at me.

I smile, nervously bowing my head.

‘Is there any problem?’ He ask.

I shake my head in opposition.

He looks at me, looks at his food. Looks at me, look at his food. Shrugs and start eating again.

As everything was about to be totally blissful, we heard a scream..

Fred drops his food on the seat he sat and dashed off without uttering a word.

What could be wrong?

Happy Valentine's Day my bloody amazing lots!!!

First chapter of the sequel!!

What do you think?

Unedited right?

Anyways, hope you enjoyed it...

What was that scream and why did Fred rush out, leaving Kayla and his sumptuous meal without saying a word??

Find out more!! ❤❤

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
Deadly matrimony!

~~Our faces are bright like the morning sun, but our hearts leaps with the weight of the world!

~Laughing as they chased us.

❤❤~
That scream!

As Fred dashed off to where the voice was coming from, I sit there dazed.

For a moment, I felt a heavy pang of hurt in my heart..

I immediately cover up the lid of the flask, stand up and walks to the place I saw him go into.

There was a small crowd that had gathered. I get curious, pushed my way through people and makes it to the front.

‘Oh sh**t!’ I let out, covering my mouth almost immediately.

There, in front of me stood my husband with his frame crouched down beside a still figure. I get confused, and try to see who the still figure is.

No matter how I turn or shift, I couldn't see the face of the person. I get frustrated and for a moment, tried to listen to the murmuring behind me.

‘Why is she always like that?’ I hear a young woman ask an elderly woman.

‘That's how she has always been, I think she's asthmatic’ the elder woman replies.

‘Oh, that's very bad! They should take her to the hospital before someone dies here!’ The young lady said.

Their voice faded into nothingness as Fred's frame shifted a little, making me see the girls face.

Two ways to describe her
a} She's not bad looking. You can't exactly call her beautiful!
b} She's just there, still and probably not breathing.

A lady in white robe pushes her way through the crowd with something in her hand.

‘Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me..’ She keeps on saying as people make way for her. She finally arrives in the front and hands over the thing she was holding to Feed.  He takes it, bends towards the still figure, opens her mouth slightly and put the thing which I now know is inhaler into her mouth.

The girl starts coughing and all of a sudden sprang up. She looks about her and when her eyes settles on Fred, she smiles. A genuine smile which tells a lot more than its actual meaning.

Why am I saying all these?

The girl just smiled and that's it!

Nothing more!!

Fred lifts her from the ground and holds her hand. They walk away from the crowd. I stand there, thinking Fred will turn back to say something or beckon on me to follow them. But he didn't say anything.

I felt completely lost!

I felt a volcano eruption inside me.

~~~~~~❤❤❤

Fred Johnson didn't bother to come check on me after the incident!

After the crowd disappeared, I went back to the place that we sat, feeling dejected.

I waited for almost an hour to see if he will return but he didn't!

I later carried the flask of unfinished food and left for home.

‘So he didn't turn to look back at you?’ Kristy ask, with her bowl of cereal placed in front of her on the kitchen island.

‘Yeah... ’ I say, turning off the gas cooker. I wanted to make black coffee.

‘Well, that's ridiculous! Did he forget that you two were once together before the incident or what? And you didn't even bother to find out about the girl!’ My sister thunders, shaking her head and chewing her cereal.

I stir my black coffee, look at her and say...

‘You won't try to raise my suspicions Kristy.. Just eat your cereal and let's talk about something else, that's if you want to talk!’

‘Hell yeah, I want to talk, Kayla? Why do you always bottle up your emotions? Why do you keep trying to believe that all is fine, while everything is moving south? It's not good for your health, kay. Find out who the b*tch is and let's make another move! What if she's another woman he adores.. I mean, you two have been apart for some months!’

‘Don't you ever raise your voice at me Kristina Eze! Have you forgotten I'm your elder sister?’

‘Well act like it, Kay! Stop bottling those emotions so you won't die prematurely!’

Okay, this is it!  This conversation is certainly not one that I entertain, especially not from my own sister!

‘Go stick your philosophy to where the sun doesnt shine Kristy! Leave me alone!!’ I say, picking up my mug of coffee and going upstairs.

The nerve of that girl!!

‘C'mon sis... Don't do like that.. I'm sorry okay? I'm really sorry I had to vex like that!’
She whines.

I keep climbing up the staircase without looking back.

I hear a loud growl from downstairs which is coming from my sister.

I ignore it, enter into my room and lock up the door!

Totally unedited!

Do you think Kristy was right with her statement?

If yes, like... If no, share...

Hehehe

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by Ann2012(f): 3:43pm On Feb 14, 2020
sochey:
I'm tagging on Ann2012

Happy Valentine's Day bae kiss

Same here sweetie
Much love

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 12:07am On Feb 23, 2020
Deadly Matrimony!

NIGHT

Excerpt: The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain!

~Dolly Parton

~ Listen to Gasoline by Halsey for this chapter.

Men are despicable!

Men are most definitely, most certainly, most graciously DESPICABLE!

Are you wondering why?

Well, let me tell you!

You spent all your life hiding away, running away from your shadows and only to find love!

And then what happens? You realise that you were fooled, completely and utterly fooled!

And then, the love of your life dies..

Boom! Dead!

And then, you commit a huge crime that you know will render your life to total misery in the nearest future because of that man!

And now, he's alive!

All of a sudden ALIVE!

And blessedly well.. Apart from the fact that he's loosing a few knots in his brain!

How can he forget?

Why did he forget?

Blast him!

Words can't express how angry I am now!

I sit on my bed and all I can see is his despicable face... And the face of that, that girl!

Ugh, I throw the pillow across the room with a nearby vase shattering on the floor.

Spent my time to prepare that meal, now it's a complete waste!

I fling another pillow and this time, it lands close to a bag containing Fred's clothing. 

That treacherous human being!

Stood me up, left me hanging!

I'm so going to murder him!

Or not...

Removing my shoes and flings it across the room.

That piece of holy crap!

What was he thinking when he so graciously left me there?

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing he saved the girl... But what about me?

I need saving too!!

Picking up my phone and considering if I should throw it or not!

Maybe I shouldn't... I still have some piece of vital information that is not worth loosing.

Sighing loudly, I walk into the bathroom.

~~
The cold water was enough to calm my raging heart.

I sit in the bathtub, motionless.

The quietness that surrounds the vicinity is impaling, piercing through my numb soul.

I enjoy the quietness, not thinking of anything.

Life is a complete waste of time to think about the things you can't control.

The quietness is deafening, and I enjoy it.

At last peace...

Before I could completely savour the quietness, there goes a loud music which is probably coming from downstairs or Kristy's room.

Is she trying to get me attention now?

Blast her!

I try to sit still nevertheless but fails brutally.

I stretch my hand to where a white robe lays and tie it around my body.

I match out of the bathroom, with water dripping from my head to my toe.

‘Kristina!’ I yell, hoping not to slip on my wet feet.

I find Kristina downstairs with a bunch of candle sticks decorating the drawing room.

The light is dim and soft music plays in the background.

Is she planning a seductive party?

Petals of rose flower adorns the porcelain floor, making it really difficult to walk. Because if you have a fragile heart as mine, you wouldn't want to trample upon sweet little roses.

I move into the living room and my breadth hitched.

Jesus only begotten son of the most high!!

The funny thing is that I can't see..

The worst thing is that I can see but not exactly clearly... I don't know if that makes sense.

Due to the dim light, I see a figure sitting on one of the high chairs in the wine section, with her back turned against me, with smoke coming out of her direction.

Several thoughts ran through my mind...

I try to push it to the abyss where it belonged but it resurfaced again.

Darn it!!

Is.. Does.. How.. Nonononononono

Of course NOT!

Kristy can't be smoking, can she?

I move towards the body, stretching out my hand to pull the figure towards me.

The rapper I tie around my chest loosens. I immediately use the other hand to hold it firm.

Doing that, the figure turns around with flaming candle in her hand.

‘Kay?’ She asks, scrutinising me.

I made to speak but realised that the only thing at the tip of my tongue is..

‘When did you start smoking?’

I bit on my lower lip and held the towel tightly.

‘Well, finally I got you to come downstairs!’ She says, moving away from me.

Putting the flaming candle on a candle stick.

She goes about the candles on the ground and starts to dance around it.

‘What's all this?’ I ask, slightly terrified. What has Kristy been learning in McPherson university?

‘Doing ritual’ she replies curtly while still dancing around the lit candles.

‘What do you mean ritual?’ I ask, looking around, trying to see if there's any Buddha picture or prophets at Shiloh pictures. But saw nothing. Only the usual family picture that hung on the wall.

‘Casting out evil spirits!’ She replies..  A cold shiver runs down my spine and I felt terrified.

Casting out evil spirits?

Those words repeated in my head like the Yoruba talking drum.

I held unto the towel tightly and watched my sister in amazement.

And here I was, thinking of ending today with a nice bath and a good sleep.

‘So many tribulations, Kay. We need to cast out those evil spirits!’ still moving around in weird circles.

I think I've seen enough in one day!

I made to leave.....

‘Join me, Kay.. Let's make this house and our lives free!’

‘Urrm.. No thanks! I now realise that we might be sisters but have different views and beliefs.

She laughs at this and continues her weirdness.

‘Great!! Another torture in the same day!’

I go into my room, deciding not to continue my bath but slide on a pair of night wears.

I crawl into bed and picks up a Bible from the nearby table.

I can't go to sleep without finding Peace!

Updated Finally!

Thank you for reading ❤❤

Ps: Drawing room can also be referred to as living room.

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 9:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
DEADLY MATRIMONY!

Excerpt: New town, got the same issues to work through.

~The Mowgli's, Kansas City

-Listen to Castle on the hill by Ed Sheeran

--❤

I guess the cold, chilling air creeping through the crevice around my window, temporarily freezing me, is enough to announce the start of rainy season.

I lay in bed, contemplating if I should stand up and prepare for another long Monday or just go back to sleep.

I stand up, shuffle my way out of bed with a constant reminder that might probably sound very familiar to you.

«No food for lazy women!»

I keep saying this to myself as I go about my preparation. Checking the time on my phone and involuntarily checking if I had received any message or missed a call from last night.

Nothing of the sort. I go into the bathroom to freshen up.

Few minutes later, I'm wearing an office wear with a pencil high heel shoe to match.

I wonder if my sister is still home. She might have gone out for one of her horrible long walks or jogging in the early hours of the morning.

I go downstairs, steadily making sure not to trip on the heels.

‘Kristy...?’ I call, going into the kitchen.

I can still see remnants of candle sticks burnt halfway, stashed somewhere near the waste bin.

I remember last two weeks when Kristina had exhibited her other sides which she calls ‘casting out the evil spirits’

I had to sleep with the Bible pressed tightly on my chest!

‘Kristina!’ I call again, shaking off the growing fear inside of me.

Maybe she's out, I conclude as I settle to make tea and toast.

Few minutes later, I'm munching my bread toast with hot tea.

Halfway through the food, Kristina comes in. She acknowledge my presence but doesn't say anything.

I don't either but concentrate on my breakfast.

‘Don't you think it's time to put out the candles?’ I ask, trying to start a conversation.

‘Leave them where they are’ She says, turning off the gas cooker and picking a plate from the plate drawer.

‘Okay.....’ I say, finishing up my tea and taking the cup and plate to the sink.

‘Will you be fine?’ I ask, concerned.

‘I've always being fine!’ She growls.

‘Fine! I'm leaving..’ I say, picking up my handbag from the island and stuffing my phone and earpiece inside it.

‘Sis...?’ She calls, faintly.

‘Yes?’ I answer, facing her.

‘Don't you think we should call in the pastor? I mean, I couldn't sleep last night.. It's really disturbing’ She says, looking at me with hopeful eyes.

I look at her, taking a second to see through her. She appears drained, with bags underneath her eyes. She looks like she was going to faint any second.

‘Okay, if that's what you want!’ I say, not wanting to disappoint her.

‘Will you be there?’ she ask, still looking at me.

‘Be where?’ I ask, slightly confused.

‘When the pastor arrives!’

‘Errr.. Yes, I will. Now go up, freshen up and take care of yourself. You look like sh*t’

She smiles at this and continues eating.

I take it as a cue that the conversation is over and make my way outside.

The air is bittersweet in the morning, like the petals of the woody nightshade. I find it hard to decide whether it's cool or warm as I get into my car. Maybe it's a little in between.

I drive out of the compound, feeling a little better than I was, confined in that house.
Maybe my sister is right on getting a pastor, who knows, we might be cleansed from whatever we think is getting to us.

Let me give you a hint about Mondays?

It's a day set aside from the rest of the week to be hectic and very busy!

Mondays can sometimes be classified as mourn days!

So now, you know that I've not exactly made peace with Mondays!

Parking my car in the parking space of Sofia's jewels and designs, I shuffle my way out of the vehicle and into the building.

The monotone buzz of several hundred voices hums like an orchestra of deadbeat droids. I find my way to the receptionist desk and check-in.

‘Hello kay’ The receptionist greets, with her white teeth glittering in the rising sun.

‘Hi Dumebi’ I say, clicking my name on the available computer screen, reserved for checking in and outs of staffs and members of the organisation.

‘Lovely day, isn't it?’

‘Depends on how it turns out!’ I say, putting my signature.

‘True, but it seems like its going to rain today!’ She says, looking outside the transparent doors.

‘I hope it doesn't!’ I say, leaving her desk and locating the elevator.

‘Have a nice day, Kay!’ She calls after me.

‘You too!’ I say, not sure if she heard me.

As I get to the floor where my office is, I'm being greeted by several people who turn to acknowledge my presence.

‘Good morning, Kay’ echoes in the air like bees in a honeycomb preparing to sting a little child.

I shake my head, without saying a word and go into my office, shutting the door behind.

Today is going to be a very long day!

Once I sit at my desk, I'm been fronted by stacks of paperwork!

Did I say today is going to be very long day? I take the words back! Today is going to be a very very long day!

I begin work immediately, kicking of my heel shoes.

--❤

‘Don't forget to take this to Stacy and see what she has to say about the designs’ I say to my errand boy.

‘Yes ma'am!’ He says, nodding energetically.

He leaves with the papers and a newly designed necklace. I've been working on the project for months and if Stacy agrees that it's good, then it's good.

As I was about to go back into the office, I heard my name.

‘Kayla, Kayla!’ I turn to see a figure moving towards me. The figure which appears to be a female in red short tight gown and Yeezy white canvas to match.

Kate....

What is she doing here?

‘Oh, thank goodness I found you!’ She says, panting like a tigress that had gone for a hunt on a bad day.

‘Urrm. Yes! Is there any problem?’ I say, scrutinising her.

‘I need you to follow me!’ She says.

‘To where?’ I ask.

‘You will find out, just get your stuffs we are going!’ She says, pushing me into my office.

‘What is going on, Kate? Is there any problem?’ I ask, startled.

‘Get your bag, Kay and stop asking questions!’

So, I had to stop here!

Happy Sunday to y'all ❤

Where's Kate taking Kayla?

Find out more when I update! Hehe❤

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 9:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
Deadly matrimony!

Chapter title ~ PIQUANT

Excerpt: in time, we hate that which we often fear.

~William Shakespeare

~listen to Perfect world by Kodaline for this chapter.

Lately, I have just been living my life as it goes or rather, as I see it.

But having Kate come into my office to tell me there's something she wants to show me is something I have never wished for the universe to bestow on me.

Are you asking why?

Let me just explain it in one sentence...

Kate and trouble are like a buy-one-get-one-free deal.

She seems to have made peace with trouble and has probably married the son of problems!

Don't get me wrong, Kate is actually a nice girl in most situations.

I am currently sitting on the drivers sit in my car, tapping relentlessly on the steering wheel, waiting patiently for the long queue at the Gas Station to wipe out. Kate, is sitting at the passenger seat, as calm as the Raven that came to feed Elijah during his time of trail.

The cloud seems to change, it's usual blue colour turning a shade of dark orange. My anxiety grows to its highest degree.

I look out of the car window and find out that the rain has started blessing mother earth in little drops. I let out an expletive that is probably rated pg18.

‘Calm down, Kay. It's just the rain!’ Kate dares to say.

‘Yeah, sure!’ I say, sarcastically.

Finally, it gets to our turn and I drive to where it will be easy to fill the tank.

...❤

We alighted at a tall building, with every sides made of glass. It's like a skyscraper, with about fifteen floors. The surrounding is obscure due to the heavy rainfall. No one is in sight, except a security officer, pulling down the windshield wipers of a car.

I'm guessing the car has malfunctions....

‘We will be coming out of the car and heading to the 10th floor. There's someone I want you to meet, it's very important!’ Kate says, diverting my attention from the security officer to her.

‘Don't you think I need to know who I will be seeing in order to know how to react?’ I ask, looking at the building and mentally counting to the tenth floor.

‘Nope!’ She replies colly, as if an ordinary opposition will lessen the already growing panic in my heart.

Before I could say anything more, she opens the door and dashes off into the rain.

Bloody hell!

I watch her maneuvers through cars parked recklessly and almost bumping into a young man who is just coming out of the building. In an athletic way, she dodge the man and pulls herself forward, into the main building.

I sat here, awestruck!

After like five minutes, I decided it was time to go into the building without acting all childish.

I mean, it's only children that are afraid of the rain right?

No, of course not!

Children loves the rain as butter on soft bread!

I remove my wig, peers at my reflection in the rear view mirror, deciding I am good to go, I dash off.

The cold rain comes in contact with the fabric on my body and immediately soaks it wet. A shiver runs down my spine and goosebumps appears on my whole body.

I really do hope, I won't get sick after this.

Trying to imitate Kate hazardous movements but failing brutally, I landed on the pavement of the building.

I sigh in relief and casually walk into the double doors like I wasn't afraid of the rain few minutes ago.

An attendant standing close by the door, shoves a white towel under my nose.

‘I hope you have a great time while here!’ She says, smiles an unapologetic smile.

‘Err.. Thanks!’ I say, using the towel to dry up my wet clothes.
Handing it back to here which earns me a snare.

‘Here she comes, I thought you were raptured by the rain!’ Kate says, folding her hands across her chest and tapping one foot on the porcelain floor.

I roll my eyes at this and scoffs.

‘Rapture, indeed!’ I retaliate.

‘So, the elevator that will take us straight to the tenth floor is malfunctioning. The only solution is to get to the fifth floor and enter into the elevator that will take us to the tenth. That simply means, we climb the stairs till the fifth floor!’

Jesus banana bending Christ!

How am I supposed to climb such amount of staircases.

I should have joined Kristy whenever she goes for her horrible long walks or jogging in the early hours of the morning.

Kate seeing how dishevelled I am at the proclamation, tilts her head to the side and whispers to a receptionist I didn't see until now.

‘She's very lazy!’ Kate whispers.

The receptionist just smiles her usual professional smile and immediately picks up a book which titles ‘Shooting annoying customers’ and starts reading.

~~~❤

Sweats dripping out from every sides of my body and taking in handful air, we finally make it to the fifth floor.

Immediately, we found the elevator and go in, pressing on the button to the floor where we were heading to.

We were entertained by silence, the screeching of metals against metals and probably my beating heart!

Finally, there's a ding sound and the door opens. We shuffle out of the box and stands in front of an elongated shinning brown wooden doors.

Such magnitude!

‘Okay, this is it. We will be going in at the count of one...two..three!’ Kate says and opens the elongated doors and matching inside.

I, who was not paying attention to her counting and definitely not in the mood to concentrate on anything else other than my hurting feet, stand there, still.

That treacherous human being!

I peer into the room only to find a magnificent view with bright lights making it very difficult for darkness to prevail.

I walk in steadily, with each step seeming to be walking on hot lava. The knot in my throat tightens and I can feel my grip loosening.

Heaven, take my soul now!

I walk in fully into the lavish room to find three orbs looking in my direction, as if ready to devour me in an instant.

Okay ladies, there's one thing to learn in this whole scenario..

Never, ever let your poise down when you find out that three people are looking at you like you were just the right person they need to crucify Lucifer!

Never ever!!

I straighten my back, composed myself and walk in like a snail whom has just be declared as the most fastest animal in the world!

‘Welcome...... Kay!’ Someone says, stretching out his hand in manner of handshake.

I take his hand, shaking it probably more than etiquette requires.

‘I'm Yusuf by name and you must be Kayla Johnson!’

‘Yeah, right!’ I say, smiling foolishly.

‘You must be wondering where you are? This is Manuel's Furniture &Antiques. We are responsible for your home interior and office wares’ Yusuf continues.

I nod, taking in the whole room. There are expensive furnitures made of both woods and glass.

‘We have a very important thing to discuss with you, which will probably sound very amusing, considering the fact that you have been smiling unnecessarily since you came here!’

Well, that shut my mouth up!

Darn and blast!

Such insolence!!

I look at Kate's direction and find her smiling devilishly.

Hold still sister in-law, I will have to teach you a lesson later on.

Ten minutes later

It's false. A fallacy. Untrue.

It slips out of my mouth before I even have the chance to internalise it.

I look over at where Kate sat, typing away on her phone. I look at the two men who are staring at me like I was some goddess of immorality.

‘Calm down, Kayla...we didn't call you here for you to act all childish!’ Grey hair says. You might be wondering why he's been referred to as ‘Grey Hair’ well, that's because I forget to memorise his name!

Yusuf who seems to be enjoying my torture, looks slightly amused by my character and is absolutely not trying his best to conceal it.

‘So, what do you intend for me to do now?’ I ask, looking at the two men.

‘Simple, sign the documents and claim it as yours!’ Yusuf says.

My parents owns this big establishment and my aunt has been hiding it away from us for so long. The court has refused to offer this to her irrespective of how she fought for it.

I remember the day I had gone to her home, found out more truths about my life and revenged by stabbing her two times, watching her die.

I shiver slightly as I remember her still body and her unreadable expression as she embraced death.

I pick up the pen from where it lay beside the brown envelope. Gently bringing out the documents from the envelope, placing it on the provided table...

‘Where should I sign?’ I ask, looking at the two men. They seem to heave a sigh of relief at this and starts to show me numerous places that requires my signature.

That's how, I became the CEO of a furniture organisation.

My phone rings, I pick it to find its my sister calling.

‘Hey Kristy’

‘Hi Sis.. The Pastor is here!’

Oh great, another drama for another beautiful day!

Patiently waiting for how the prayer session will turn out...

Scroll and read further ❤

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
Deadly Matrimony!

Excerpt ~Problems become boring until they become your own...

-orange is the new black.

Listen to Golden by Zayn Malik for this chapter.

SIX MONTHS LATER..

‘Kay?...’ I smiled..

‘You remember now?...’ I asked, tears threatening to fall down my eyes. I keep them up, battling with the feeling.

He looks happy, with his eyes holding so much promise in them.

‘I remember now! I got married to you, we lost our first kid and..and...your aunt! She tried...’ I shut him up immediately, using my right palm to block his mouth.

He looks at me, disturbed.

‘Don't worry about my aunt, let's just go home..’ I say, picking up my hand bag from the table.

......❤

After the pastor visited, our lives changed...

We got closer to God and prayed frequently.

After months of visiting Fred and doing everything to make sure he remembers, he finally did.

But I must confess, it wasn't easy!

~~•

‘Toast to the union of this two darlings! The almighty has seen them through and they will finally live happily ever after!’ Humphrey says, lifting his glass of wine up.

Everyone does the same and clicks glass with each other...

Fred and I sat at the VIP section, holding hands and looking into each other eyes like teenagers in love.

‘I'm sorry for all that you went through..’ He whispers into my ear.

I smile...

‘Don't be...its all in the past now!’ I replied. He smiled, pecking me on the cheek.

‘Yes, yes..we know you two love each other but it's time for the dance!’

‘Dance?’ Fred and I said in unison.

‘Yes dance and you two are opening the floor. So get your derrière moving now!’ Kate says, with an authoritative voice.

Fred and I exchanged looks and burst out laughing...

---

‘Congratulations once again...’ Paula says to me while I sat alone on one of the chairs. The guests were already leaving and the party was coming to an end.

‘Thank you maman..’ I say, smiling.

She sits beside me..

‘I really hope you guys give it a shot again!’ She says, pouting.

I knew what she was getting at but keeps quite..

‘You know what I mean, right?’ She says, nudging me.

‘Yes ma'am!’ I say, laughing.

She laughs too..

‘Are you two planning on how to execute me?’ Fred says, coming closer towards my direction.

Paula laughs and says..

‘We wouldn't want that now, do we Kay?’

‘Of course not!’ I say, watching him.

‘Okay, good to know...’ He says, stretching his hand for me to take. I do and he drags me up.

‘It's late mother.. I'd like my wife to get some sleep and you should too!’ He says, pulling me closer to him.

I felt butterflies in my stomach..

‘Make enough babies..’ Paula blurted, making Fred cringe his face like there was a spider on his nose.

I just laughed.

We retired to bed, with hope for another day and a brighter future..

But will it last?

Will it be till death do us part..

Or

Deadly matrimony?

Updated after like forever!

I really lost the mojo for this book but I think I'm back smiley

Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by juninhouj: 11:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
thanks for the update...... and thanks to whoever or whatever brought back ur mojo!!!
Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
juninhouj:
thanks for the update...... and thanks to whoever or whatever brought back ur mojo!!!

Thank you Sooooooo much ❤
Re: Deadly Matrimony [Romance❤] by sochey(f): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
Deadly matrimony!

~Excerpt: None smiley

~Listen to how to love by Lil Wayne

~READ TILL END smiley

~~•

Waking up in Frederick Johnson arms wasn't something I'd imagine would happen again....

‘Good morning sunshine... Breakfast?’

I nod, smiling a little.

‘Okay, freshen up and come downstairs..’

‘Okay..’ I mutter, standing up.

I walk steadily into the bathroom with a banging headache.

Turning on the shower, I stripped and entered into it. The cold water slapped against my bared skin and I cringed a little.

I totally forgot to put on the heater.

Fifteen minutes later, I'm all dressed and heading down stairs.

The smell of pancake waft through my nostrils and I inhale sharply. I giggle, and make it to the kitchen.

‘what's cooking?’ I ask, taking a seat on the island.

‘Pancake, which I made’ Kate says, holding unto a slice of pancake and flipping it like it was a piece of paper.

‘You did what? I made the pancake!’ Kristy fires, with her face obviously disgusted.

I smiled...

‘Girls c'mon, I made the pancake hun, Don't mind them..’ Fred says, giving this charming smile which could take the breadth of any girl away. But I'm not any girl, I'm his wife!

Kate rolls her eyes at him while my sister smiled wildly.

‘okay...so, can I have a taste, atleast?’ I say, sitting upright. Fred passes me a plate staked with three layers of pancake and a glass of orange juice. I smile at him and went for my first bite.

It tastes like heaven!

Ohmygosh!

‘Oh my goodness’ I drooled, drinking the orange juice.

‘This is so good!’ I commented, looking at my husband who is staring back at me with a smirk etched on his lips.

‘I know right? Only God knows what he put in it!’ Kate says, giving her brother a glare.

‘Oh my my, can someone just tell me why she's here?’ Kristy asked, face palming.

‘It's obviously my brother's house so I have every right to be here!’ Kate retorted.

‘Yeah, yeah, whatever.. That doesn't mean you should just appear as early as this..’ Kristy says.

Kate rolls her eyes.

It took all the will in me not to laugh at the two of them bickering. It felt like forever.

‘I will just go up and shower and prepare to go to the supermarket. I need to get few groceries and toiletries for the house.’ Kristy informs, standing up.

‘Me too!’ Kate bellows while she stands up from her seat also.

‘Hell nahh sister in-law.. Hell nahh..’ Kristy fires.

‘So where else do you want me to be? I don't want to stay here, watching this love sick couple..’ Kate says, pulling a face at us.

Kristy shakes her head..

‘How about you go...’ Kristy starts, allowing the sentence drop suggestively.

‘Go where?’ Kate ask, expectantly.

‘Go get a life!’ Kristy shouts and starts racing up the stairs, giggling.

‘Ohmygod, I'm so going to kill you, you little weasel!’ Kate says, racing after her.

I couldn't control myself any longer, so I burst out laughing.

‘You know, I really missed y'all. I keep wondering how I didn't remember how wonderful a family I have..’ Fred says, with a sad look on his face.

I walk over to him with a piece of pancake on my right hand.

‘Awww it's not your fault, babe. I'm glad you finally remembered!’ I say, half hugging him. He pulls me in front of him and hugs me fully, passionately.

The passionate aspect flew out of the window when I heard him take a bite from my pancake.

I break away immediately, as if he turned into a consuming fire.

‘Hun, did you take a bite from my pancake?’ I asked sweetly.

‘Errr..nope!’ He says, popping the ‘p’

‘So who did?’ I asked, looking at the shape that was created on the pancake.

‘Something behind you’ He says, pointing at my back. I turned back foolishly and before I could turn to face him, he took off.

‘Pray I don't catch you, Frederick Johnson!!!’ I yelled, running after him.

~~~❤

‘Designs, designs designs! There's like a thousand designs here, how am I supposed to choose one? And there are so beautiful...’ Natalia says, picking each paper and flinging it across the room. I look at her, frustrated.

Natalia is getting married tomorrow and she hasn't picked a single Jewellery for her wedding dress.

And to worsen the case, she called me at the crucial stage when she's mostly likely getting wedding jitters.

‘How about this one?’ I offered, for the hundredth time. She picks the paper from me and flings it across the room.

‘Natalia, it's pass six o'clock. The wedding is tomorrow and you really need to do yourself the favours of picking a Jewelry!’ I say, frustrated at the woman's behaviour.

‘I know Kay, but I just can't put my mind on one thing!’ She says.

‘So why's that?’ I asked, looking up at her.

‘They are really beautiful but...but...i don't think..im.. I'm..’ She cuts off, slapping her mouth shut and taking a seat.

‘But what, Natalia?’ I coaxed.

She exhales, looks all over the room and says.

‘I'm really sorry to bother you Kay, I'm just not ready..’ She says, looking at me.

I stare back, trying to read her expression. I could only see sadness and nothing else.

‘You are not ready for what, Natalia?’ I asked.

‘Well, I'm not ready for all this...marriages and a whole lotta it..’ she replies. I stare at her, not surprised.

‘Why?’

‘I don't know Kay, I don't think I can tolerate his family.’

‘Why?’

‘Well, it's not like they don't love me or anything but...’

‘But...what?’

‘I really can't do it and I think it's too late for me to turn back..’

‘It's not too late, the wedding is tomorrow but sometimes, it's not about what you want’

‘He...he, well, has a secret.. Which I think..he might be keeping from me..’ She says, tears wailing up her eyes.

‘Did you ask him?’

‘No!’

‘Why?’

‘I don't think I'm in the right position to do that!’

‘So what's this secret, can I hear it?’

‘I think he has a kid, a son precisely. With another woman!’

‘You think?’

‘Blast you Kay, I know..i know he does!’

‘So you feel uncomfortable about it?’

‘Yeah... I mean, who wouldn't?’

‘But you love him?’

‘Yeah, I do’

‘So you think him and this said kid's mother are still in touch?’

‘No! I think she's his ex wife..’

‘But you were thinking all these when you said yes to his proposal?’

‘Well, I just couldn't let him go..’

‘But you don't want this wedding?’

‘I do..i don't really know Kay...’

‘From what I've seen, I can testify that Jeremiah truly loves you.. Stopping this wedding will tear him apart and make him miserable. So I suggest you go find him now and ask him all that you have been thinking about! Before it's too late!’

As soon as I finished talking, the door opened. Jeremiah walks into the room with a gloomy look on his perfect face.

‘Natalia... We need to talk...’ He says, scratching the back of his head, nervously.

Natalia literally jumped out of the chair she was sitting and went to him.

‘Is there any problem, babe?’ She asked, holding his hands.

‘No...just... I need to tell you something.. In private.’ He says, finally acknowledging my presence.

‘Urrm.. Kay, can you stay here while we will be out for a couple of minutes. I will come back for the designs and thank you for agreeing to stay for the bridal night!’ She says, pushing Jeremiah out of the room.

What?

‘I didn't agree to stay for anything except for the designs!’ I yelled after their retreating figure. But was answered by the clicking of doors.

I exhale, stand up and start picking the papers that littered the room.

After doing that, I decided to call Fred, at least tell him I wouldn't be coming back home tonight.

‘Hey..’ He greets, immediately he picked the call.

‘Hey, evening...’

‘Evening.. How's work going?’

‘Great... Just want to inform you I wouldn't be making it home tonight!’ I sighed.

‘Why..?’ He asked, disappointment dripping from his voice.

‘Well, Natalia hasn't chosen any design and she says I will be staying for the night. I think she's having wedding jitters’ i informed him.

‘Urrm.. Jeremiah called me also.. He sounded depressed. Do you think anything is up?’

‘Well, Natalia thinks he has a son..’ I whispered into the speaker.

‘How did she find out?’ He asked, not sounding surprised.

‘Wait.. You knew about this?’

‘Yeah..Jeremiah is father's business associate. So I kind of know little things about his past life..’

‘Well.. I didn't know and I kind of doubted it..’

‘When will you be back?’ He asked

‘Tomorrow, maybe.. I mean, tomorrow is the wedding day and I will be attending..’

‘Okay, so we will see tomorrow then?’

‘Yeah..’

‘Okay hun, goodnight and don't stress too much..Avoid alcohol as well!’ He says.

‘Yes, sir!’ I say, giggling. I hear laughter at the other side before the call cuts.

Tonight is going to be one hell of a night...

Another update.

Natalia is not a dominant character. I just added this part to reveal how successful Kayla is in her work as a designer.

I think she can make a good therapist too.. smiley

You May Think You're A Writer When You're Not One! / #riddle# / Book Summary - Crossing The Chasm By Geoffery Moore

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121