Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,420,243 members, 5,427,925 topics. Date: Monday, 17 February 2020 at 06:08 PM

Deadly Matrimony{tddup SEQUEL} - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Deadly Matrimony{tddup SEQUEL} (242 Views)

Matrimony Of Secrets / Wilting Matrimony #2/matrimonyseries/ / Lethal Matrimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deadly Matrimony{tddup SEQUEL} by sochey(f): 10:39pm On Feb 13
An early HAPPY VALENTINE to y'all ❤❤

I hope you celebrate it with goodness!!

Drive safe, Drink safe and choose wisely!

So this is another rollercoaster of emotions from our dearest heroin Kayla. If you liked Till Death Do Us Part, you will certainly love this one!

This is Till Death Do Us Part sequel and if you haven't read the book, you might not understand this one!

So, it's highly advisable that you read TDDUP!

I rant too much Abi?

No vex jare... Just manage me like that❤

The cover is below and the first two chapters are totally unedited. Just incase you see one heavy grammar wey no dey dictionary and you roll your eyes and be like, this girl sef ehn

Anywho's, I intended to update by 12 midnight but today was very hectic and I have to report to work again by 7am.. So, my lords and ladies.. Your servant needs sleep ; -)

Let's begin another race of life after marriage

Constructive criticism is very much allowed!

Thank youus and God/Allah bless y'all hearts❤

2 Likes

Re: Deadly Matrimony{tddup SEQUEL} by sochey(f): 10:40pm On Feb 13
I'm tagging on Ann2012

Happy Valentine's Day bae kiss

1 Like

Re: Deadly Matrimony{tddup SEQUEL} by sochey(f): 10:43pm On Feb 13
~Him!

Deadly matrimony!

~The sun won't shine without your smile, the day is useless without the echoes of your laughter..

~The fault in our stars..

I stand across the room, watching him..

Just there, unable to make a move or send a signal that I am here.

He's with a bunch of kids who are wearing the same uniform as he's wearing.. Teaching them something which they pay rapt attention to. He smile when a child contributes to what he's saying and laughs when the child makes gestures..

What could he be teaching a bunch of teenage boys?

On my thoughts, a staff tapped me on the shoulder.

‘Ma'am, you have been here for the past hour, is everything alright?’

I gave her a weak smile and nodded.

‘Yes, everything's fine..’ I replied colly.

‘I know he's your husband and doesn't remember it... Just take heart and someday he will remember!’ She says, before patting me one more time on the shoulder, shrugs and leaves.

Darn humans and their sympathetic nature!!

I don't need sympathy from anyone!

After she left, I still stand there, trying to build up the courage to walk to him.

This should make it my second week here.. After I found out that he was alive and well, I made it a habit to visit everyday after work.

I look at the wall clock which hangs on the wall farther down the hall.

4:28pm

‘okay, this is it!’ I say, leaving my standing position and putting my legs to good use.

I cross the line that separate us and as if on cue, he lifts his head up from what he was looking at and our eyes met.

My heartbeat accelerated!

Those eyes...

Those eyes...

Kayla don't think about the mesmerising eyes, just look at him, he's smiling!

He's smiling?

Of course he is...

Involuntarily, I smiled back..

‘Hey kids, it's miss pretty!’ I heard him say..

The children turn to look at me and they seem to start smiling all of a sudden!

I mean, apart from a certain boy who is looking at me like I have octopus for nostrils!

My legs carried me further to him.

‘Hey,...’ I managed to say, swallowing the huge lump that has formed in my throat.

‘Hi..’ He says, scratching the back of his neck, in a nervous manner..

Then, there's silence.

The children seem to be staring at us like we were performing a theatre show.

Waiting for who will speak next

Which obviously is me!

‘Urrm.. I brought you something. Here!’ I say, handing over the polythene bag that contains a flask of food.

‘Oh, well.. Thanks!.. Come and sit, I will soon be done with the kids and I will have time for you!’ He says, still scratching his neck.

Why is he nervous?

I'm supposed to be the nervous soul here!

I sit nevertheless, watching as he begins his teaching.

‘Jesus said that every child that obeys him will have what?’ He asks..

For a moment, I felt amused!

Is he teaching Jesus story?

Of course, yes!

This is a school centre after all!!

‘Eternal life!’ Yelled the children apart from the one that looked at me like I had octopus for nostrils.

Stubborn kid!

‘Jason, what did Jesus say to those that obeys?’ Fred ask, lifting his left eyebrow

‘Oreo's and biscuits!’ The stubborn kid who I got to know is Jason replies..

I held my laughter, using fitful of coughs to pretend.

The children burst out, laughing uncontrollably.

Fred doesn't seem to be amused by the whole situation. He looks at the kid like ‘What will I do with this little fish?’

The laughter seem to die off, with Jason staring at the porcelain floor, fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

‘I don't want to believe that you have not been listening to me. So for the last time Jason, what did God say that will happen to those that obeys him?’ Fred ask, calmly looking at the boy like he is some white and black TV buttons.

‘I thought it was Jesus and not God!’ The kid replied, without a slight inch of amusement in his features.

Everyone laughs again, some toppling over, holding their stomachs.

I just couldn't help it, I burst out and laughed out my sorrows.

Fred face palms and clutch the book he was holding tightly.

‘Jesus and God are two in one!’ Fred replies.

‘You mean like Oreo's chocolate biscuit which they put together and you can separate them if you want?’ The boy replies, getting excited.

We laugh again

‘Errr.. Well, you can say it like that!’ Fred says, giving up on the kid's attitude.

‘Yayy!! Can we have biscuits now? I'm sure Jesus will be glad!’ He replies.

The rest of the kids seems to agree to this and nods energetically.

Fred looks at me in a manner of ‘Can you imagine?’ I just shrug..

‘Well, yes.. I don't think any of you will concentrate afterwards... So of you go you little sons of Jezebel!!’

They giggled and sauntered off, holding each other hands and moving towards the cafeteria.

‘Mr Fred! I've told you never to call the children by that name!’ Someone thunders.

I look back to see who it was and find that it's the manager. I cheekily grin at her which she returns with all pleasure.

Fred shrugs and continues to gather his teaching tools.

‘How are you, Kay?’ She asked

‘I'm fine ma'am..’ I reply

‘Good... Tell him never to call those children by that name!’ She fires.

I just smiled and she walks off.

‘Let's go outside...’ Fred says, looking serious.

I stand to my feet, adjusted my black lace high-waisted skirt with a crop top to match and followed him.

The chirping of birds and the fresh breeze pays homage to us as we walked outside.

The yard is almost empty and there's a faint sound of running water which is probably coming from the naked woman fountain.

I sigh contentiously and sit next to Feed.

He opens the flask and peers inside it.

He smiles at what he saw, fetched a spoon from the bag and starts devouring the meal.

I laugh slightly at this, and for a second, I felt content.

Content with sitting with him..

Content with having his company..

Content with the fact that in as much as he doesn't remember, we are still legally married and nothing can separate us, till death do us part!

Which death tried to do us part once, but failed brutally!

Hah! In your face you slimy excuse for separation called death!

He seems to notice my mood and turns to look at me.

I smile, nervously bowing my head.

‘Is there any problem?’ He ask.

I shake my head in opposition.

He looks at me, looks at his food. Looks at me, look at his food. Shrugs and start eating again.

As everything was about to be totally blissful, we heard a scream..

Fred drops his food on the seat he sat and dashed off without uttering a word.

What could be wrong?

Happy Valentine's Day my bloody amazing lots!!!

First chapter of the sequel!!

What do you think?

Unedited right?

Anyways, hope you enjoyed it...

What was that scream and why did Fred rush out, leaving Kayla and his sumptuous meal without saying a word??

Find out more!! ❤❤

Re: Deadly Matrimony{tddup SEQUEL} by sochey(f): 10:56pm On Feb 13
Deadly matrimony!

~~Our faces are bright like the morning sun, but our hearts leaps with the weight of the world!

~Laughing as they chased us.

❤❤~
That scream!

As Fred dashed off to where the voice was coming from, I sit there dazed.

For a moment, I felt a heavy pang of hurt in my heart..

I immediately cover up the lid of the flask, stand up and walks to the place I saw him go into.

There was a small crowd that had gathered. I get curious, pushed my way through people and makes it to the front.

‘Oh sh**t!’ I let out, covering my mouth almost immediately.

There, in front of me stood my husband with his frame crouched down beside a still figure. I get confused, and try to see who the still figure is.

No matter how I turn or shift, I couldn't see the face of the person. I get frustrated and for a moment, tried to listen to the murmuring behind me.

‘Why is she always like that?’ I hear a young woman ask an elderly woman.

‘That's how she has always been, I think she's asthmatic’ the elder woman replies.

‘Oh, that's very bad! They should take her to the hospital before someone dies here!’ The young lady said.

Their voice faded into nothingness as Fred's frame shifted a little, making me see the girls face.

Two ways to describe her
a} She's not bad looking. You can't exactly call her beautiful!
b} She's just there, still and probably not breathing.

A lady in white robe pushes her way through the crowd with something in her hand.

‘Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me..’ She keeps on saying as people make way for her. She finally arrives in the front and hands over the thing she was holding to Feed.  He takes it, bends towards the still figure, opens her mouth slightly and put the thing which I now know is inhaler into her mouth.

The girl starts coughing and all of a sudden sprang up. She looks about her and when her eyes settles on Fred, she smiles. A genuine smile which tells a lot more than its actual meaning.

Why am I saying all these?

The girl just smiled and that's it!

Nothing more!!

Fred lifts her from the ground and holds her hand. They walk away from the crowd. I stand there, thinking Fred will turn back to say something or beckon on me to follow them. But he didn't say anything.

I felt completely lost!

I felt a volcano eruption inside me.

~~~~~~❤❤❤

Fred Johnson didn't bother to come check on me after the incident!

After the crowd disappeared, I went back to the place that we sat, feeling dejected.

I waited for almost an hour to see if he will return but he didn't!

I later carried the flask of unfinished food and left for home.

‘So he didn't turn to look back at you?’ Kristy ask, with her bowl of cereal placed in front of her on the kitchen island.

‘Yeah... ’ I say, turning off the gas cooker. I wanted to make black coffee.

‘Well, that's ridiculous! Did he forget that you two were once together before the incident or what? And you didn't even bother to find out about the girl!’ My sister thunders, shaking her head and chewing her cereal.

I stir my black coffee, look at her and say...

‘You won't try to raise my suspicions Kristy.. Just eat your cereal and let's talk about something else, that's if you want to talk!’

‘Hell yeah, I want to talk, Kayla? Why do you always bottle up your emotions? Why do you keep trying to believe that all is fine, while everything is moving south? It's not good for your health, kay. Find out who the b*tch is and let's make another move! What if she's another woman he adores.. I mean, you two have been apart for some months!’

‘Don't you ever raise your voice at me Kristina Eze! Have you forgotten I'm your elder sister?’

‘Well act like it, Kay! Stop bottling those emotions so you won't die prematurely!’

Okay, this is it!  This conversation is certainly not one that I entertain, especially not from my own sister!

‘Go stick your philosophy to where the sun doesnt shine Kristy! Leave me alone!!’ I say, picking up my mug of coffee and going upstairs.

The nerve of that girl!!

‘C'mon sis... Don't do like that.. I'm sorry okay? I'm really sorry I had to vex like that!’
She whines.

I keep climbing up the staircase without looking back.

I hear a loud growl from downstairs which is coming from my sister.

I ignore it, enter into my room and lock up the door!

Totally unedited!

Do you think Kristy was right with her statement?

If yes, like... If no, share...

Hehehe

1 Like

Re: Deadly Matrimony{tddup SEQUEL} by Ann2012(f): 3:43pm On Feb 14
sochey:
I'm tagging on Ann2012

Happy Valentine's Day bae kiss

Same here sweetie
Much love

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jacob’s Plight / Lets Share Our Drowning Experiences / Content Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.