Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In (52362 Views)

Peter Obi Supporters Block His Convoy At Mile 2 Market, Lagos (Pictures) / 2023: Supporters Block Orji Kalu's Convoy, Insist He Must Declare For Presidency / Shekarau's Supporters Block Roads To Pray As He Is Arraigned In Court Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by idahme(m): 9:30am On Feb 14, 2020
Blindersoff:

He never got that.

If it's only Pdp and APC that contested as shown in your data posted then Diri met the cuts in all the lga because he now has the highest votes when compared to other parties if they ever exist as a result of cancelled APC votes remaimber APC did not take part in the election so said the court.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by goaldynman(m): 9:32am On Feb 14, 2020
Blindersoff:

He never got that.

Why is mathematics and common sense too hard for you guys?!

When you minus all APC votes, and go ahead to calculate PDP votes vis-a-vis the remaining votes, PDP crossed the 25% mark!

Breaking it down elementarily for you:

If the total valid votes was 10; APC had 5; PDP had 3; and the rest political parties had 2!

Now since APC has been disqualified and their votes nullified, the total sum to be used in calculating the required 25% will be 5 (gotten after subtracting APC voided 5)! So since PDP has 3 out of 5, they even have more than 50% of the valid votes!!
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by AFONJACOW(m): 9:37am On Feb 14, 2020
Mbaka the prophet of doom didn't see this one coming grin
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by idahme(m): 9:40am On Feb 14, 2020
goaldynman:

Why is mathematics and common sense too hard for you guys?!

When you minus all APC votes, and go ahead to calculate PDP votes vis-a-vis the remaining votes, PDP crossed the 25% mrk!

Basic mathematics indeed, addition and subtraction. Tried educating him but to no avail, I wonder if na differential equations Wetin d guy for do... It's just shows the society we leave in, people arguing blindly. Thanks for the blows
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by goaldynman(m): 9:59am On Feb 14, 2020
Flier:
You guys don’t understand the constitution,even if you are the only one that contested the election you must make the 25% threshold otherwise there is going to be rerun
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by sylve11: 10:01am On Feb 14, 2020
Mikelarteta:
They should accept it in Good faith just as it was in the case of Imo, but [i]Lyon abi na PSG [/i]should know he lied in the presentation of certificate. My own is that it should not just stop there he should be sent to jail as this will set standards.

Na Monaco. cool
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Amhappy(f): 10:06am On Feb 14, 2020
Mikelarteta:
They should accept it in Good faith just as it was in the case of Imo, but Lyon abi na PSG should know he lied in the presentation of certificate. My own is that it should not just stop there he should be sent to jail as this will set standards.

Not him but his deputy
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Soar2019: 10:06am On Feb 14, 2020
Smartchoiice:
Lyon removed on the eve of swearing in....

Who sees a prayer point here!!
Should there be ‘religious’ interpretation to this ? or a failed system? Where academic certificate could not be verified by electoral umpire prior election? Quite shameful of a nation that gives ‘leadership to the highest bidder.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Riskybeing: 10:08am On Feb 14, 2020
grin grin cheesy cheesy
masterflowx:
I can see among the thugs.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Moikiitos: 10:18am On Feb 14, 2020
Akposkool:
Reactions in Bayelsa State as Supreme Court sacks Governor Elect of Bayelsa State Chief David Lyon to be replaced by the runner up who happens to be the People's Democratic Party's Douye Diri.. Let's see how the story unfolds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXHZVdnTJU4

APC and PDP are just hundrums parties...Birds of the same feathers, always flock together. Peace loving Bayesians don't shed your blood for any politicians they aren't worth it... especially in Nigeria.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Godsonkemz(m): 10:23am On Feb 14, 2020
APC always known for violence. When the PDP governor of Imo state who was lawfully voted for was unlawfully and illegally removed by a compromised apex court, the aggrieved people of Imo and PDP supporters went on a peaceful demonstration.
However when power was taken from Bayelsa Lyons' APC led government, the supporters went berserk on a violence protest blocking major highways and constituting a public nuisance.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by mechanics(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2020
Foolish people, enemies of progress.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 14, 2020
Enwhen:

Dem no dey fear Army for that side o...tho, it may calm nerves

Nobi that same side army flatten Odi village wipe am commot Nigeria map? Make dem no fear na. Full Bayelsa go turn to Shell camp
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by okekwumusa: 10:28am On Feb 14, 2020
The act of the APC supporter for blocking roads is an excercise in futility. They should allow peace to reign in Bayaelsa by gently go back to their various houses.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by ChukaOkolo(m): 10:32am On Feb 14, 2020
Profmarley:

Lol.. (Oppositional) Powers waiting for me at the edge of my breakthrough/success, what are you waiting for ............... If you know, you know..

Die By Fire

1 Like

Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Agugbadin: 10:38am On Feb 14, 2020
This particular party is known for thuggery Nigerians are not suprised.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:46am On Feb 14, 2020
some youths of Nigeria are just dunderheads.

this is the same way they would be killing each other because of one rubbish party.

why can't you people just leave these old fools to destroy themselves?

wetin una dey fight for, I no know.

well, maybe cos I'm apolitical sha.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Mikelarteta(m): 11:01am On Feb 14, 2020
Amhappy:

Not him but his deputy

Yeah I mean he should know his deputy lied cos he also (Lyon) should have carried out his isn mini investigation
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by ArmaniUhuru: 11:09am On Feb 14, 2020
lilangelapc:
[You a big fool. quote author=ArmaniUhuru post=86633950]Carry truck load of army go there, men go japa. You a fool big coward...

Your fada is a bigger foool.

Your moda is the biggest fool
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 14, 2020
It not that they have sold themselves short, the supreme court is the most powerful instiution in this country.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by wilcox(m): 11:15am On Feb 14, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Do you know how much bank loans he'll have committed himself to?
This guy election was on zero loan.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by joeluv: 11:20am On Feb 14, 2020
It’s so sad. But I dong pity APC because of what they did in Imo..... I guess it’s tit for tat now. What a country.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 14, 2020
Resurgent2016:
'can only imagine the mental stress legislators who decamped to APC will be going through......

They will all decamp to pdp by the end of tomorrow.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by basadenet: 11:35am On Feb 14, 2020
This are paid jobbless youths.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Charly68: 11:50am On Feb 14, 2020
Supreme court is really causing katakata oo
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Dollabommie(m): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2020
Politics in Nigeria is now like Football. This days, you can't even celebrate after scoring a goal , you have to wait till Var approves. I heard this David Lyon was already rehearsing in the stadium before Nigeria Supreme Var cancelled his goal.. claiming there was a foul play. Father Lord, may we not encounter this type of pain in Life. ��
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by FASH23(m): 5:16pm On Feb 14, 2020
Profmarley:

Lol.. (Oppositional) Powers waiting for me at the edge of my breakthrough/success, what are you waiting for ............... If you know, you know..
Die by fire... Die die die die die die die die die die die die die die

1 Like

Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Legendguru: 6:16pm On Feb 14, 2020
Oh
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by bonnyhope: 6:48pm On Feb 14, 2020
Profmarley:

Die by fire!!!!!

1 Like

Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by wazirmichika1(m): 8:09pm On Feb 14, 2020
APC carry on but shame on you.
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by Kaytixy: 12:34am On Feb 15, 2020
why are poor men children so stupid? is Lyon's son part of them nonesense
Re: APC Supporters Block Roads In Bayelsa Ahead Of PDP Swearing In by nwakibie3(m): 11:00am On Feb 15, 2020
Blindersoff:

Incidentally he will not be sworn in. What would happen would be the speaker would step in as the interim governor.

You can take this post of mine to the bank

@blindersoff The Supreme Court judge, how far na The PDP man is now the governor ooo. Thank God I didn’t take ur post to the bank as you advised grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lere Olayinka Reacts To Aisha Buhari’s Trip To USA / List Of Nigerian Ambassadors Sacked By President Buhari / Army Major Churchill Orji Killed By Unknown Gunmen In Anambra (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.