Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Nigeria's Valentine's Day (an Entirely Different Opinion) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigeria's Valentine's Day (an Entirely Different Opinion) (278 Views)

Question Of The Day: An Urgent Answer Is Needed Please / Preparation For Valentine's Day (Hilarious Photo) / Men And Women Have Entirely Different Ways Of Processing Language That Is Spoken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Valentine's Day (an Entirely Different Opinion) by atheistandproud(m): 8:28am On Feb 14, 2020
St Valentine's day...this is definitely the most pointless celebration ever.

First of all, what is love? We can pour out all the dictionary definitions of love and we'll still end up way off target (Jon Champion). Love is a deep thing that no dictionary can define. If we are being truthful with ourselves, will one day be enough to show love to that special someone, my course-mates, my family or my neighbours? the answer is indellibly NO. I have 365 and 1/2 days to show love, so why wait till february 14? More often than not, St Valentines day is a day where girls dust their phonebooks and search for that gullible guy whom they'll get to buy em' expensive gifts and take em' out while guys are looking for that quick no-strings-attached one night stand.

Is that how to celebrate love? Here in this country we don't know what love is. Our mentality is so shallow. If he doesn't have money or isn't popular or superficial then he is a "mugu". if she isnt pretty, busty, and half naked then she should go to a convent. It's hard to find real love these days, and quite frankly celebration of love should be left in the movies or to those who know what it actually means.

Let us continue our mutual aggreable contractual dealings abeg.
Re: Nigeria's Valentine's Day (an Entirely Different Opinion) by chatinent: 8:53am On Feb 14, 2020
Seconded.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Valentine's Day (an Entirely Different Opinion) by atheistandproud(m): 9:08am On Feb 14, 2020
chatinent:
Seconded.

Bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Global Housing And Real Estate Summit & Expo 2020 / Guy Sells Engagement Ring Bought By His Girlfriend To Fix His Car / 8 Things You Must Know About Relationship In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.