Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 (15870 Views)

Pimple On The Throat-causes, Symptoms,treatments And Prevention / Dental Treatments / 5 Dental Health Mistakes To Stop Making Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Dentalgist: 1:21pm On Feb 14, 2020
1. Scaling and Polishing

This procedure removes accumulated dirts, known as plaque and Calculus on the the teeth. It is one of the most sought-after dental procedures. Prices can vary from N10,000 to as much as N 30,000 depending on how dirty the teeth are. In government hospitals, Teeth cleaning can go for as low as N7000.

2. Tooth Extraction
Tooth Extraction varies, there is simple extraction, in which case your dentist use special tool to remove a bad tooth without pain. There is surgical extraction, this is indicated in wisdom tooth that’s buried within the bone, your dentist will drill the bone to expose the tooth to be removed.

The cost of simple extraction varies between N 7000 to as much =N= 15,000. In most government hospitals, simple extraction can be as low as =N= 4000. Surgical extraction in private dental clinics ranged from =N= 30,000 to as much as =N= 100,000. In government hospitals, surgical extraction is usually =N= 15, 000, it can be less in some hospitals.

3. Fillings

Fillings are usually conservative procedure to restore broken or decaying tooth. Fillings come in different forms depending on the location of the tooth to be restored and extent of damage.

Fillings can tooth-colored : composite filling, Glass Ionomer Cement (GIC) etc; Amalgam fillings. The prices of filling can vary from =N= 5000 to as much as =N=50, 000 depending on whether the dental facility you are using is a private or public dental clinic.

4.Teeth Whitening

Everybody wants their teeth to be sparkling white. It comes with a price, the cost of teeth whitening ranges from =N= 30, 000 to =N= 100, 000.

5. Dentures

Dentures are artificial teeth and gums that are formed to your mouth and created by your dentists to replace lost or removed natural teeth.

The price of denture depends on the number of missing teeth to be replaced. In some clinics, each unit of missing tooth to be replaced can be =N=10, 000; For example, if you have two missing teeth to be replaced, you pay =N= 20,000. In other clinics, if you have multiple missing teeth, they charge for one unit, then every extra unit of tooth to be replaced will carry a lesser amount. This is usually the case in most government hospitals

https://dentalgist.ng/common-dental-treatments-and-their-prices-part-1

Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Davoneskay(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2020
Can a university dental clinic be as cheap as that of a government owned hospital/clinic?

Surprised that u broke ur infamous rule of non disclosure of dental treatments prices.
Kudos!

1 Like

Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Goldencheese(m): 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2020
grin grin grin
Davoneskay:
Can a university dental clinic be as cheap as that of a government owned hospital/clinic?

Surprised that u broke ur infamous rule of non disclosure of dental treatments prices.
Kudos!
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Dentalgist: 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2020
Davoneskay:

Kudos!

There is no infamous rule, grin grin experiences shape our decisions and when there is a compelling reason to shift ground, we do it without hesitation.

3 Likes

Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Dentalgist: 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2020
Davoneskay:

Kudos!

Not in every cases, dental treatment in a government-owned hospital can be more expensive than that of a teaching hospital and vice versa.

2 Likes

Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Davoneskay(m): 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2020
Abeg, @ Dentalgist, help me with a link that u once posted detailing best dental clinics address in Nigeria. I don check all ur threads but I nor c am. Or betterstill, the ones in Ibadan.
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Dentalgist: 8:13pm On Feb 24, 2020
Davoneskay:
Abeg, @ Dentalgist, help me with a link that u once posted detailing best dental clinics address in Nigeria. I don check all ur threads but I nor c am. Or betterstill, the ones in Ibadan.
https://dentalgist.ng/clinic-finder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Essquare(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Dentalgist: 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2020
Essquare:
Hello @ Dentalgist. My cousin is having dental recession problem. What do you suggest please?

Let him see a dentist as soon as possible. The damage is extensive. Otherwise, he might end up loosing the tooth.
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Dentalgist: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
Essquare:
Hello @ Dentalgist. My cousin is having dental recession problem. What do you suggest please?

You can read more here about receding gums: https://www.nairaland.com/5779497/all-receding-gums#5779497.1
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by RuggedSniper: 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Doris92(f): 12:26pm On Apr 20, 2021
Hi
Please do you have any idea how much dental scaling and polishing cost in a general hospital now? @ Dentalgist
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by Emmie37: 8:16am On Jul 22, 2021
Nice post!. Although these are the most basic treatments nowadays, there are others that can be included in this list, such as dental implants, or even treatments to improve the appearance of the teeth.
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by damayfoli: 6:46pm On Jul 23, 2021
Hello, everyone.
I had my teeth treated at aspen dental and I can say that after reading the reviews on their website, without any fear for myself, I made an appointment with the doctor and am very satisfied
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by WilderPeters: 7:49pm On Aug 14, 2022
this news will definitely be appreciated by a huge number of consumers as the prices seem to be very low in such inflation times. Now for sure they can enjoy this by using the stuff from them along with some info about Define dental and it is admirable work. People should now use this service
Re: Common Dental Treatments And Their Prices – Part 1 by kymberlyn2: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2023
When it comes to candy bars, everyone has their personal preferences. It's fascinating how diverse our tastes can be. Some might prefer the classic Snickers for its mix of nougat, caramel, and peanuts, while others lean toward the smooth and creamy goodness of a Hershey's milk chocolate bar. There's also the adventurous crowd who might opt for something unique like a gourmet chocolate bar with sea salt or a rich dark chocolate treat. By the way, if you're interested in maintaining your dental health while indulging in candy bars, you might want to check out this resource: https://www.vipdentalny.com/full-mouth-dental-implants-in-forest-hills-queens/. It's essential to strike a balance between satisfying your sweet tooth and taking care of your teeth!

(1) (Reply)

JOHESU Picks Holes In Yayale Ahmed Report! / Mass Resignation Of Doctors In Ondo Over Unpaid Wages / Drinking Tea Improves Brain Health, Study Suggests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.