Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,428 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Facts About Oilpalm Farming And How Lucrative It Is In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Facts About Oilpalm Farming And How Lucrative It Is In Nigeria (591 Views)

Oilpalm Business: The Most Profitable Untapped Enterprise In Nigeria / How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? / Please How Lucrative Is Coconut Oil Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Oilpalm Farming And How Lucrative It Is In Nigeria by pretteemee(f): 3:11pm On Feb 14, 2020
Yes, I have decided to take my time to type
this,note that it's going to be a lengthy one as we
will be talking so much about OILPALM FARMING/
PLANTATION.

I am a Farmer and an entrepreneur. I make money
from almost every part of Oilpalm. Sometimes I
wonder why so much uniqueness in this plant,every
part of it can be converted into money, take the
listing from the red oil,to the pko, to pkc, just name
it....

Lots of people do not even know how profitable
Oilpalm Farming business is while few others are
silently making hell of money from it.

If you have money and instead of investing it you
decide to hide it with banks,then you really need to
get that money into use because those guys keep
using your money to run daily business or probably
you acquire a land,an inheritance or whatever, utilize
the land now and start making millions in no time.

As lucrative as Oilpalm farming is, it's is not easy
to start up. It is not a get rich quick kind of
business,You will have to do some spending and
works too,but you can always hire workers to avoid
the rigmarole of starting one....but you will shaaa
still spend money and it will take like 4years before
you start making money, it's worth the wait,though.

Government and public workers work so that they
can live on pension after retirement but for oilpalm
farmers, pension would be oilpalm plantation. It's a
business that can serve many generations and
secure a future for the family.

Here am going to show you three things

1. HOW TO START UP YOUR OWN OILPALM FARM

2.THE COST/REQUIREMENTS.

3. THE RETURN/PROFIT.

So just stay glued to the class,we are going a long
way and I will be making it as interactive as
possible.
Re: Facts About Oilpalm Farming And How Lucrative It Is In Nigeria by pretteemee(f): 3:51pm On Feb 14, 2020
Hi everyone and a beautiful afternoon to you all. Am sorry I had to pause the class for a while, I have been so busy in the farm.

So we'll continue from where we stopped the last time.We are talking about Oilpalm Farming and I have explained what it is and the next thing we are going to talk about now is HOW TO START UP YOUR OWN OILPALM FARM.
Yes starting up an oilpalm farm isn't a big deal but it's not an easy one either, you've got to be committed and give it time. It not just about you having enough money and pouring it out on the field, you must get the grounded knowledge of it. So what are the things you need to start or how do you start up an Oilpalm farm?
I think I should put this in a listed form.
1. You get a sound info on the input and output of this business,that is what will be the commitment and what will be the gain? You must check if it's worth going into and if you can actually do it.

There's this friend of mine who came to meet me and said he has 15 hecters of land and he wants to plant Cashew on it, I was like okay,it's good....of course he had the money and the knowledge of the farming but he didn't have the time to commit to it and almost half of his plants did not survived because there was no proper attention given to it.

If you want to go into oilpalm farming and you know you can't handle the work yourself you can always give it out to professionals to manage for you. So time and commitment is very important.

2. You need a good land,at least 5hecters but 10hecters and above is economically advisable because of the cause of maintenance.
You can either buy land or rent it. Now both has advantages and disadvantages. The rented land will reduce cost for you because getting land from government is very cheap and it can be anually or every 5years but the process of getting such land can be very stressful, tiring and annoying and the government can just wake up one day and say give us our land and you have already planted oilpalm that is supposed to serve you for decades.That would be tragedy.

On the other hand,if you buy a land and you claim ownership of it and plant whatever suits you on it but the problem many people face here is getting land from genuine sellers,a lot of people have been scammed by dubious land owners/sellers. All hope is not lost though, you can get land for your farming, you only need to be very smart,wise and sensitive.

Another thing is that whatever land you are buying must be motorable, most people that buy palm karnel seeds don't like farms that is not easily accessible, must be close to water source so that irrigation can be possible.

You also need to find out if the land is good for oilpalm plantation so that you can get desired yield.

3. It's very important to know the oilpalm seeds to plant.
There are different varieties/Species but we have this 3 common ones. Namely:
*Dura

* Tenera

*Pisifera

These three species have there uniqueness and qualities but we are just going to be talking about Tenera here. This particular variety was gotten from the cross breeding of pisifera and Dura so it has both the qualities of pisifera and Dura.
Tenera is the oilpalm Specie to be considered when talking about Oilpalm Farming. It has a thicker flesh and smaller nut inside which makes it produce a higher yield of Oil. It almost starts fruitling after three and a half years.
You can decide to nurse the seed yourself but it is safer and wiser to buy already nursed seedlings. A seedling of the Tenera oilpalm plant is sold for #150- #300 depending on the size.
Don't try to plant the seeds yourself, you will grow old waiting for it to germinate except of course you know how to make it sprout.
. 4. Get a farm manager, surveyor and farm workers. At this juncture you really need to be careful when getting workers on your farm. I am talking from experience.
A lot of people make the mistake of employing any kind of person and paying them for one year job even before they start. One of my padee did that,he paid all his workers at the beginning of the the job for the work they would be doing in the next 11months and after 2months they started misbehaving,they abandoned the farm and things really got bad. So please even if you have to pay for a longer time it should not be more than 6months so that when they mess up you can kick them out of your farm immediately.

(1) (Reply)

Amazon A To Z Claim Management / Book Business / The Ultimate Way To Market Your Business Online, This 2020!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.