Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (298263 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 8:21am On Mar 17, 2020
This is the only food I didn't like.

First, I'm not a pork person. If you aren't too, you should always ask about the ingredients or type of meat before eating.

Those black stuff were made from pig's blood and some other stuff. No I didn't eat it

The fish sauce was kinda ok but the shrimp sauce was a no no too

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Dulles25: 10:08am On Mar 17, 2020
WhyNa:
It's been a while I updated.

Honestly, it was partly due to some things I read here. Y'all have to understand that I'm not being paid for this and I take my time to write and snap pictures when I go out just so I can share with people back home or around. I have never lied about anything here. Instead I give information exactly as experienced.

To the lady who said my statement sounds fishy, I hope you are able to come back here after you go to the Embassy and you're sent away because you don't have a visa approval letter from Vietnam. I repeat again, Visas come from Vietnam. Please when you read, try not to skip any page because I gave step by step explanation of the process I took with explanation and reasons.

To the guy who said I need a large dose of humility, I'm sorry if I offended you but am I wrong for speaking the truth? For saying I don't know it all and people should do some research cos I may have missed some things during my own research?

Anyways, back to my update....

Schools are still closed as you must have seen in the news. I must really commend the Vietnamese government, those guys are doing a great job I swear. People have resorted to teaching online or one on one including me

Asides my bike lessons, I'm also picking up and learning some basic words in Vietnamese and making new friends and trying out new foods.

About the food, so far, out of about 10 or so different dishes I've tried, it's only one I didn't like. Enjoy......

You were right to ask people to do their on research, don't mind the negative response.

I remember seeing you on a South African lady's thread on teaching in china. You were determined, here you are now in Vietnam.

Where there is a will, you will look for ways, learn, read, try and eventually you find your way.

21 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Alexbaby12(m): 11:59am On Mar 17, 2020
Thanks all 4 sharing a helpful information like this..

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ufemia26: 2:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
WhyNa:
Let me kukuma burst everyone calling me bro' bubble.

I'm a LADY

I'll update soon...

I like your zeal! Most ladies in Nigeria wouldn't dare take this risk. Some will allow social stereotypes hold them back. I tried Italy study Visa last year but was denied. I hope to leave this country before the year runs out by God's grace. Probably go through work Visa. I hope I see a reliable agent who would assist.

10 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

This post serves as proof that there are decent countries that an American can retire to that works well and has a cheap standard of living. OP bought lunch for $1 / N360

I think N360 will get you, iyan meji, eran wewe kan, ati pure water cool

You don chop iyq basira. Not even mineral

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 29, 2020
Any update, sis. How is the situation of the coronavirus over there?

I'm planning to teach in vietnan next year. But the current situation is not good for travel embarassed
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 11:10am On Mar 29, 2020
Interesting video abt a black's experience of teaching in Vietnam. Hope it helps everyone. grin

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oo3goFW24U][/url]

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 29, 2020

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by kellz0(m): 6:12am On Mar 31, 2020
WhyNa:
This is the only food I didn't like.

First, I'm not a pork person. If you aren't too, you should always ask about the ingredients or type of meat before eating.

Those black stuff were made from pig's blood and some other stuff. No I didn't eat it

The fish sauce was kinda ok but the shrimp sauce was a no no too
Hello Good morning, I’m planning on relocating to Vietnam next and I need some information about the country from you...

How much is cost of rent, internet and other house bills per month...

What are the cheap things one can buy and send to Nigeria

Which visa would you recommend for someone that have intentions of traveling to other Asia countries and Nigeria and still travel back to Vietnam as base?

What is the availability of Nigeria foods there?

Will 2m be enough for visa, flight and settling down for the first 3months in Vietnam both, rents and food and other small expenses?

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2020
The kids there seem to be very nice and funny.

hope to teach them someday grin

[url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPOvL4hyEgE][/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
Hello sister..Please can i message want to ask you something..Thanks

WhyNa:
As much as possible, I'll try to document my step by step journey to Hanoi, Vietnam.

This is my first time outside Nigeria and the excitement no be here. Lol

In 2014, I took my first and only IELTS, made a 7.5, even created a thread and was optimistic about getting a scholarship. Between 2014 and 2018, I applied for dozens of scholarship but was always given admission without scholarship or put on reserve list.

2019, I had had enough and decided to look into other ways of leaving Nigeria

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Yes you can

gentlemate00:
Hello sister..Please can i message want to ask you something..Thanks

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 2:12pm On Apr 05, 2020
i message guess you need to respond before i can send you the message...I will be coming to Hanoi hope we can meet up. i can ask more info for my younger brother one on one.....Na after covid palava settle. Thanks

WhyNa:
Yes you can

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Soteriahascome: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2020
Nne you get mind travel leave us here na waoh
Biko would you mind na mgba gi asa tongue tongue acholu m obodo onyibo wife grin
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
O.P I am really motivated by your post and persistence. Please I want to know how old you are. Don't be angry. Atleast it will help me.. Help me to be calculative Abit. Am just 21 yrs old. Done with University currently serving but seeking to work overseas.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Spanishmilf(m): 10:32pm On Apr 05, 2020
Whiziddo:
O.P I am really motivated by your post and persistence. Please I want to know how old you are. Don't be angry. Atleast it will help me.. Help me to be calculative Abit. Am just 21 yrs old. Done with University currently serving but seeking to work overseas.

Thank you
21 ke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
Spanishmilf:
21 ke

Do you have a problem with me being 21

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Spanishmilf(m): 11:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Whiziddo:

Do you have a problem with me being 21
it shock me nii

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 05, 2020
Spanishmilf:
it shock me nii

But m damn serious. Am 21 turning 22 soon. I know m still young to start embarking on traveling but I need plan maself

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by IamR: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2020
Whiziddo:

But m damn serious. Am 21 turning 22 soon. I know m still young to start embarking on traveling but I need plan maself
You're not too young. Don't be discouraged if that is what you want for yourself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Spanishmilf(m): 9:08am On Apr 06, 2020
Whiziddo:

Just happy for you nii
You out of school now serving, some people never get admission at your age oooh.
Nice
Start visiting all this travel section thread it helps alot.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
IamR:

You're not too young. Don't be discouraged if that is what you want for yourself.

Thank you For your encouragement I appreciate

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 06, 2020
Spanishmilf:
Just happy for you nii
You out of school now serving, some people never get admission at your age oooh.
Nice
Start visiting all this travel section thread it helps alot.

Thanks I appreciate..I'll definitely keep to your advise
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
Its good you started now its will help you. Keep it up

Whiziddo:

Thanks I appreciate..I'll definitely keep to your advise

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2020
gentlemate00:
i message guess you need to respond before i can send you the message...I will be coming to Hanoi hope we can meet up. i can ask more info for my younger brother one on one.....Na after covid palava settle. Thanks

Chai wonderful thread.. Vietnam my dream country oluwa bless me i need to leave this country
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2020
WhyNa:
As much as possible, I'll try to document my step by step journey to Hanoi, Vietnam.

This is my first time outside Nigeria and the excitement no be here. Lol

In 2014, I took my first and only IELTS, made a 7.5, even created a thread and was optimistic about getting a scholarship. Between 2014 and 2018, I applied for dozens of scholarship but was always given admission without scholarship or put on reserve list.

2019, I had had enough and decided to look into other ways of leaving Nigeria

God bless you for this wonderful information. Please can you drop a rough estimate of traveling to viet from visa, flight, living expenses for like 3months etc. Is it up to 2mil please i need to know dont want next year to pass me by thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.