Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,678 members, 7,801,956 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (297468 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
Miss WhyNa please update this thread for us o tankio.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:18am On Apr 09, 2020
Ebubeagu1:

God bless you for this wonderful information. Please can you drop a rough estimate of traveling to viet from visa, flight, living expenses for like 3months etc. Is it up to 2mil please i need to know dont want next year to pass me by thanks.

Amen.

Let's see.... how do I do this....

Ok. With 2M, you can start the process, get to Vietnam, and still be good for the next 1-2 months. By process, I mean both getting the right documents, authentication, one year visa, work permit, flight, accommodation, feeding, etc.

This however depends on some things.

1. The agent
2. Your prudence in spending
3. Your taste.
4. Location

Other than that, 2M would get you the best option.

24 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:21am On Apr 09, 2020
Whiziddo:
O.P I am really motivated by your post and persistence. Please I want to know how old you are. Don't be angry. Atleast it will help me.. Help me to be calculative Abit. Am just 21 yrs old. Done with University currently serving but seeking to work overseas.

Thank you

Trust me, age doesn't matter. But if at 21, you're taking this step you're doing great.

If at 21, I had seen this option and pursued it instead of the scholarship route, by now, I prolly will be paying for my tuition instead of waiting for scholarship so go for it

11 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:35am On Apr 09, 2020
Ebubeagu1:
Miss WhyNa please update this thread for us o tankio.

Sorry. I know it's been a while but nothing much is happening right now.

Hanoi went into a 15 day lockdown and we're in day 9.

The government does a good job at curtailing, tracking and giving info here. Every morning, we receive either text message or update on Zalo on measures and all

There's also an app where you can see the new numbers of infected and cured people and areas at risk and declare your health status

If a person tests positive, in less than 24 hours, the government releases a statement of all the places the person has been in the last 2 weeks and where possible, specific times. if you were in those areas, you'll be asked to self quarantine first and give update if anything changes. If they were on a flight, flight number and seat number is given sef

Disinfection and lockdown of those areas is also prompt.

One good thing about the lockdown is the markets are still very open and prices are normal. Pharmacies, banks, fuel stations, supermarkets, factories, etc are open but with certain rules. You can still take a walk to stretch you legs and all

Job-wise, we teaching online for those who have online students. Some landlords have been kind enough to either reduce rent or ask you to pay a certain amount and balance up after the virus. Mine reduced my electricity and light bill for the month of March.

Now is the best time to learn or do something you've been wanting to do eg learn a new language, learn to cook a new dish, etc

Light and internet is constant. Internet is free so you can watch loads of movies and play games and have access to loads of information.

We just praying everything gets back to normal soonest

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by justwise(m): 6:54am On Apr 09, 2020
Spanishmilf:
we need to have a WhatsApp group chat for intending travelers.
Naija ti su mi

You will not last long here

12 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 9:00am On Apr 09, 2020
WhyNa:

Sorry. I know it's been a while but nothing much is happening right now.

Hanoi went into a 15 day lockdown and we're in day 9.

The government does a good job at curtailing, tracking and giving info here. Every morning, we receive either text message or update on Zalo on measures and all

There's also an app where you can see the new numbers of infected and cured people and areas at risk and declare your health status

If a person tests positive, in less than 24 hours, the government releases a statement of all the places the person has been in the last 2 weeks and where possible, specific times. if you were in those areas, you'll be asked to self quarantine first and give update if anything changes. If they were on a flight, flight number and seat number is given sef

Disinfection and lockdown of those areas is also prompt.

One good thing about the lockdown is the markets are still very open and prices are normal. Pharmacies, banks, fuel stations, supermarkets, factories, etc are open but with certain rules. You can still take a walk to stretch you legs and all

Job-wise, we teaching online for those who have online students. Some landlords have been kind enough to either reduce rent or ask you to pay a certain amount and balance up after the virus. Mine reduced my electricity and light bill for the month of March.

Now is the best time to learn or do something you've been wanting to do eg learn a new language, learn to cook a new dish, etc

Light and internet is constant. Internet is free so you can watch loads of movies and play games and have access to loads of information.

We just praying everything gets back to normal soonest

Wow! Vietnamese government really took wonderful proactive measures in trying to curtail this pandenmic that has caused lots of panic all over the world but same thing can not be said for my darling country Nigeria where it citizens are already crying of hunger. Like Vietnam like South Korea!

Anyways thanks for keeping this thread alive. Stay safe and hope you learn to make some new meals before the lock down is over.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Ebubeagu1: 9:09am On Apr 09, 2020
WhyNa:

Amen.

Let's see.... how do I do this....

Ok. With 2M, you can start the process, get to Vietnam, and still be good for the next 1-2 months. By process, I mean both getting the right documents, authentication, one year visa, work permit, flight, accommodation, feeding, etc.

This however depends on some things.

1. The agent
2. Your prudence in spending
3. Your taste.
4. Location

Other than that, 2M would get you the best option.

A very concise details here. Thanks so much.
What other job can one do other than teaching in Vietnam also, what visa type is best for someone coming to work?

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Spanishmilf(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2020
justwise:

You will not last long here
Hmm
True
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
WhyNa:

Trust me, age doesn't matter. But if at 21, you're taking this step you're doing great.

If at 21, I had seen this option and pursued it instead of the scholarship route, by now, I prolly will be paying for my tuition instead of waiting for scholarship so go for it

Thanks.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Sss2: 8:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
Thanks Whyna for keeping this thread alive

I like to ask something from you.

I heard from one Vietnamese that they don't issue more than 1month visa for Nigerians.

How true is that?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
You have not reply iya mi....Kindly accept the message. Thanks

WhyNa:
Yes you can

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 6:31am On Apr 15, 2020
gentlemate00:
You have not reply iya mi....Kindly accept the message. Thanks

Sorry. Replied
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 6:31am On Apr 15, 2020
Sss2:
Thanks Whyna for keeping this thread alive

I like to ask something from you.

I heard from one Vietnamese that they don't issue more than 1month visa for Nigerians.

How true is that?

But this thread clearly shows it's not true �

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 15, 2020
WhyNa:

WhyNa come and give us updates ooo
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by sunnykinson: 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
WhyNa:

Can I contact you?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2020
WhyNa:

you see, a fool is a fool even if u tell him, he will still argue.
Was opportuned to travel to Vietnam, free ticket, accommodation, processing, ready job cos I was good at teaching English but I hate teaching.
And I heard Vietnam was a war thorn country and coincidentally, I bought a Vietnam War backpack at yaba with almost 30 secret pockets, it even has this secret raincoat tucked codedly in the bag.
But you see, I was so engrossed with Canada and I later got scammed up to 2m now I am an online begger on nairaland.
This your expose made me called the person that gave me that offer and he said the offer is no longer on the table.
SO I AM THE FOOL I MENTIONED ON THE FIRST PARAGRAPH.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:22am On Apr 17, 2020
southniyikaye:
Was opportuned to travel to Vietnam, free ticket, accommodation, processing, ready job cos I was good at teaching English but I hate teaching.
And I heard Vietnam was a war thorn country and coincidentally, I bought a Vietnam War backpack at yaba with almost 30 secret pockets, it even has this secret raincoat tucked codedly in the bag.
But you see, I was so engrossed with Canada and I later got scammed up to 2m now I am an online begger on nairaland.
This your expose made me called the person that gave me that offer and he said the offer is no longer on the table.

This is sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 10:10pm On Apr 17, 2020
Sorry to hear that bro however when its come to traveling we should keep open minded. One can finally travel to Canada from Vietnam in nearest future might not be from Naija directly. Keep trying its will end in shout hallelujah!

southniyikaye:

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gentlemate00: 12:04am On Apr 18, 2020
The message show negative and i cant reply you. Never mind sha.

WhyNa:

Sorry. Replied

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (114) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.