Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (297671 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
Youonlyliveonce:

Bro let me be real with you, if you have a good thing going on for you here in Nigeria then you can tell her to come over here but if you don't just jejeli pack your load and goan meet her, cos she might come here and be disappointed or your village people make her change her mind about you [Just saying a lot of things are in play and can go wrong]

And you said she works in a bank so I don't thing she can just make the decision of leaving her job then hop on a plane to Nigeria, don't lose this opportunity to japa unless I repeat you have something good going on for you here in Nigeria.

Hey bru, I support immigration through finding decent jobs. But I don't support the marriage of foreigners to change a passport. It is awful and shameful.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 9:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
SkyOne11:

Hey bru, I support immigration through finding decent jobs. But I don't support the marriage of foreigners to change a passport. It is awful and shameful.

Well you are just been close minded, I never asked him to marry her I only advised he will be better off going over there to her if he has the opportunity cos she can definitely help him settle down and probably get a good job over there than being here

In Vietnam marrying their citizen doesn't guarantee permanent Residence and it will take years to even get it cos they don't give it out easily.

My point is he is better off going there with is gf helping him start a better life over there and they can come together to Nigeria later.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by CelebRepublic: 8:12am On Jul 23, 2020
Youonlyliveonce:

Well you are just been close minded, I never asked him to marry her I only advised he will be better off going over there to her if he has the opportunity cos she can definitely help him settle down and probably get a good job over there than being here

In Vietnam marrying their citizen doesn't guarantee permanent Residence and it will take years to even get it cos they don't give it out easily.

My point is he is better off going there with is gf helping him start a better life over there and they can come together to Nigeria later.

On Point Bro
Thanks for this.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by wordup: 10:49am On Jul 23, 2020
helpyom:

Admission services
International Program Office,
Thai Nguyen University of Agriculture & Forestry,
Mo Bach street, Thai Nguyen city, Thai Nguyen province, Vietnam
Tel.: +84 974108156
+84 398 043 764

Can I pm you pls??
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by gambia(m): 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
Hello guys, I have been following this thread for while, please which internationally recognized schools are offering offline postgraduate programs?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by helpyom(f): 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2020
wordup:

Having gone through your posts. I think we may have some things in common, we could actually help eachother... can I pm you pls??

Ok
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SageMahrez(m): 8:31pm On Jul 24, 2020
This thread is not even about whyna's experience again. Na repetitive questions just full everywhere.

Whyna bring back the story telling and pictures please.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by TopeQs: 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2020
SageMahrez:
This thread is not even about whyna's experience again. Na repetitive questions just full everywhere.

Whyna bring back the story telling and pictures please.

seconded.

WhyNa, I'm "puppy eyeball" begging...

Biko, come back...

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by OYENIYIJK: 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2020
CelebRepublic:

Haha wasn't planned, it just happened.
thanks for the compliment.

Your own wasn't planned abi, me wan make a coup now grin lolzzzzz

I'm just curious, is it in Facebook you met and were you the one that first message her. Just curious though. Only Yahoo Yahoo we no fit do grin grin
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SaintHilary(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
SkyOne11:

I mean it's not real. Online dating is rarely effective to find true love. In addition, there are cultural differences. Are u sure the two of you will really understand each other through online? So ive never supported online dating

btw, I also doubt your story. It is not real at all.

Oga leave m for the guy. They've been understanding each other for 6 months, why won't they understand each other anymore You think say facie work easy to catch these days

My guy, Like someone said earlier, if you don't have something good going on for you here, JAPA!!

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
Wow!

Hey guys. It's actually good to see some interactions on the thread. Contrary to what some think, that's not the reason for my silence. As I once told someone, over here, a lot can can happen in a day talk more of a week or month!

So what have I been up to.....

The last time I posted, I think I had just accepted a new job offer and moved to a very serene and beautiful apartment and environment. Well.....I left the job!

So before I accepted that job, I had two offers, one was to begin in August, the other was to begin immediately and ...oh 3 sorry. The other offered a poor salary. I remember telling you guys it felt good replying and declining their offer.

Now here, it's not all rosy. Some managers and employees can be nasty so when you get a job offer, be sure to make research on Facebook and ask questions. You're not the first person working for them and chances are, someone has reviewed them...good or bad at one point in time.

Some days before I accepted this job, I saw a bad review about the school. I immediately reached out and said I'm sorry but I'm no longer interested.

They replied with screenshots telling their side of the story on how the said guy doesn't show up to classes and all which is pretty common behaviour for westerners here.

I decided to send a message to the guy to ask him his side of the story and for details. No reply came, I moved...

7 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by CelebRepublic: 2:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

Your own wasn't planned abi, me wan make a coup now grin lolzzzzz

I'm just curious, is it in Facebook you met and were you the one that first message her. Just curious though. Only Yahoo Yahoo we no fit do grin grin

Lmao!!!

Omo na Facebook I jam her o
I sent her a friend request, she accepted the next day messaged her, it took her long time to respond even when she was online.

The rest is history
The girl has been a blessing to me bro, Nigerian girls no sabi Love o, bro go get you a Vietnamese chick & experience real love.

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by CelebRepublic: 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2020
SkyOne11:

I mean it's not real. Online dating is rarely effective to find true love. In addition, there are cultural differences. Are u sure the two of you will really understand each other through online? So ive never supported online dating

btw, I also doubt your story. It is not real at all.

It's not real?? So many people got married through online dating...Hahah bro I'm not here to make you believe or not I only came to seek advice.

As long as this thread exist, I'll definitely post some pictures of 'US' in the nearest future. One Love Man.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:26pm On Jul 25, 2020
The morning I was to start the job, as early as 5am, dude replies and bombards me with calls and texts saying LEAVE NOW and telling me all sorts.

Ah! Leave bawo? Me that just packed load and moved about 40kms. How I wan take move? In my mind I said it's either it's not as bad as he's making it sound or if it's bad, I endure and work for two months, collect salary and japa. I was wrong

First day, after class, I saw half of what the guy warned me about.

Second day, same

I started dreading work, it wasn't funny. In my mind, I went from 2 months to 1 month but for where? Complain complain.

3 weeks later, I LEFT!

Thankfully, I still had my weekend job though far but again, thank God I have a motorbike!

The same day I stopped, I got my own apartment and with the 3 weeks salary and a little more, I paid 3 months rent and and deposit equivalent to 4 months rent!

22 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:43pm On Jul 25, 2020
So I just moved to the next building. Same province and all. Just the next tower

18 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by OYENIYIJK: 2:58pm On Jul 25, 2020
CelebRepublic:

Lmao!!!

Omo na Facebook I jam her o
I sent her a friend request, she accepted the next day messaged her, it took her long time to respond even when she was online.

The rest is history
The girl has been a blessing to me bro, Nigerian girls no sabi Love o, bro go get you a Vietnamese chick & experience real love.
I put the remaining words in my stomach. I know you don Sabi my next move. The game begins grin

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by tolukunle: 3:25pm On Jul 25, 2020
WhyNa:
The morning I was to start the job, as early as 5am, dude replies and bombards me with calls and texts saying LEAVE NOW and telling me all sorts.

Ah! Leave bawo? Me that just packed load and moved about 40kms. How I wan take move? In my mind I said it's either it's not as bad as he's making it sound or if it's bad, I endure and work for two months, collect salary and japa. I was wrong

Second day, same

I started dreading work, it wasn't funny. In my mind, I went from 2 months to 1 month but for where? Complain complain.

3 weeks later, I LEFT!

Thankfully, I still had my weekend job though far but again, thank God I have a motorbike!

The same day I stopped, I got my own apartment and with the 3 weeks salary and a little more, I paid 3 months rent and and deposit equivalent to 4 months rent!
.Thanks they didn't owe you. Some employers can be difficult to satisfy.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:45pm On Jul 25, 2020
So I stopped on Thursday last week, on Friday the next day, I got an offer. I was to come for observations #rollseyes for a week then start fully next month.

Meanwhile after spending a week at the place I quit, I contacted the centers I left and they said I could come back and take my job cos it's still available.

I sha observed for one week(this week) and taught but I wasn't feeling the place mehn. But I mellow cos that's what I had in hand and I hadn't gotten another.

On Thursday, I went to cover a class and immediately I stepped into that Center, I loved the place. I was just at peace there. Before I finished teaching, they offered me the job with mouth watering pay but the challenge now is, they are new so for now, they just have four classes in a week.

They begged me to stay while they work on getting students and more classes for me.

So ayam torn right now as to which to accept. I know you'd say the one with a great pay but because they don't have enough classes, I won't get in a month, what I'll get with these other guys...at least make I recover the money wey I spend on rent. At the same time, I can't let this one go.

I'm still contacting other Centers cos there are lots of jobs everywhere and hoping and praying I find something to either fill the other days or a totally different and great place I have one week to decide

12 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 3:48pm On Jul 25, 2020
WhyNa:

Second day, same

3 weeks later, I LEFT!

Good to have you back, I guess it's not easy getting a perfect school to teach over there but I'm sure it will get better with time. Please keep updating us o and don't mind the thread derailers including me

PS - Your apartment looks really nice I'm sure it goes for $250 per month

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2020
Yesterday, the authorities confirmed a new Covid-19 case in Da Nang. They have already started bombarding us with text messages about precautions.

All the people who were in contact with the man have been located and tested and this is within two days o.

However, the source hasn't been located because the said man did not travel so he had to have gotten it from someone. That's what they are tracing now.

This would only make the borders remain closed for a longer time.

However, some people are still able to enter because a woman told me her bosses flew in and are in quarantine so I guess it's not a total no entry matter. If you have something important to do here, they will allow you in..

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
WhyNa:
Yesterday, the authorities confirmed a new Covid-19 case in Da Nang. They have already started bombarding us with text messages about precautions.

All the people who were in contact with the man have been located and tested and this is within two days o.

However, the source hasn't been located because the said man did not travel so he had to have gotten it from someone. That's what they are tracing now.

This would only make the borders remain closed for a longer time.

However, some people are still able to enter because a woman told me her bosses flew in and are in quarantine so I guess it's not a total no entry matter. If you have something important to do here, they will allow you in..

Whyna,
God don bless you after many years of toiling.
Enjoy na your sweat...

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:01pm On Jul 25, 2020
If you ask me what the one thing I'm grateful I bought in Vietnam is, I'd say my motorbike. That guy has saved me and enabled me take jobs and keep jobs too. I don't even want to get started on the cost saving.

Two weeks ago, I sha had a terrible accident. My family doesn't even know. Lol.

The guy that caused the accident zoomed off. I landed hard on the floor after somersaulting of my bike. Naija pikin sha strong, female or male plus God's not dead and He has me in mind steady. I sustained just a little bruise.

The other Vietnamese woman sha had it bad. Her legs were hurt badly.

Long story short, people gathered, woman's husband came, they rushed her to hospital, my bike was damaged, plenty Vietnamese language everywhere, police came, one hour turned to three hours (11pm). I just said a silent prayer to God to speak for me

Finally, English speaker was sighted. They said I should pay for the hospital bill. I first asked them these questions

Where is the money?
Where's the guy that caused the accident?
I was lucky to not have been injured. If I was, would you be asking me to pay hospital bill? Who would have paid mine
Finally, I no get job or money.

Then they said police wants to carry the bike as evidence.

I said sha kukuma take with you because I don't know where I am, how will I get home? Where will I sleep by this time?

They said bring your passport, I said I don't have it with me.

Finally, God did speak for me and they said I should say sorry and go!

Grace!

Honestly, It's been God.

Let me quickly share a testimony here.

All these while I was updating and answering mails, I was in a terrible shape emotional and mental wise.

My mum was lying critically ill in the hospital for 3 good months. Like we had lost her cos all her organ shut down. I'm talking liver, kidneys and heart. No jokes.

But again God said NO. Mercy said NO.

My mum is Hale and hearty now, back home receiving spa treatment and sending BBC on WhatsApp again �

I'm a testimony of God's awesome goodness and it's evident in all areas of my life honestly.

Please take a moment to just say Thank you Jesus in your heart on behalf of my mum. Thanks

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:07pm On Jul 25, 2020
TopeQs:

seconded.

WhyNa, I'm "puppy eyeball" begging...
Biko, come back...
See me here. Lol

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
One more thing before I go for today...I get slide to prepare against tomorrow and it's already 10pm

People have been asking if it's advisable to take the in-class TEFL course here or elsewhere.

I'd say if you have the money, you can take it. But if my sister or brother asks me, I'd say don't spend your money on that.

It's your choice really.

Some are worried about getting experience but let me tell you this, in-class is just 2 weeks to 1 month and that's not even enough experience to prepare you.

I did online TEFL and look at me now. I look back and laugh at the first classes I taught and I'm still learning 5 months later! Itkeeps getting better. You just gotta be smart and learn and pick up new things quickly.

That's why I said be willing to start small and grow.

Since I came here, not up to 3 schools have asked me whether my TEFL is online or in-class.

The ones who do are the big shots and only take westerners anyway.

Others are more concerned about your experience and accent and yes they will ask if you have TEFL but I don't know whether it's to fulfill righteous or something.

So again, it's your choice. If you have the money, take in-class.
If you don't, be smart and learn on the go
You can decide to take the in-class too later after some months.

It's all your choice

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
Praise night today

10 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:15pm On Jul 25, 2020
pn

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:16pm On Jul 25, 2020
Ecopark free bus for residents

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
Normal bus with AC. 133 naira anywhere you're going

8 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2020
Some of my students. They all write in cursive here

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
Kindergarten graduation of the school I left

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
KG

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2020
kg

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.