Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,138 members, 7,780,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (294025 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
[quote author=WhyNa post=95395805][/quote]

These books requires teachers to have basic phonics and diction knowledge. Without these, a teacher might struggle with those books. Now I understand why you said Native speakers struggle with teaching basic English. I love teaching and I have flair for it but private schools will discourage you with underpayments. I'm done with them sha. Imagine earning less than $53 a month Make VT open, I meuvve!! grin

Ma'am, do you prepare your lesson notes yourself or the school provides one. I'm beginning to hate writing.

8 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by lanrywatt(m): 2:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
WhyNa:

The iss is, they are expensive and don't help Nigerians with visa so it's pointless

What if I get the one that is ready to assist despite the fee , that means it a goal.
Secondly, kindly reply Dm, sent already.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2020
First forgive me but make I laugh small Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

We don't do no writing here. The only writing I've done here is when I'm writing list for groceries shopping.

Wetin you wan use lesson note do?? The school provides a detailed syllabus and lesson plan. Some even provide the ppt.

Yes you're absolutely right about your first statement. However, if you're smart, you will teach yourself and learn fast

Edit: Forgot to mention you can actually choose the level you want to teach. You will be limiting yourself and may have to wait for specific opportunities but there are people here who for example only teach kindergarten
Joohan:

These books requires teachers to have basic phonics and diction knowledge. Without these, a teacher might struggle with those books. Now I understand why you said Native speakers struggle with teaching basic English. I love teaching and I have flair for it but private schools will discourage you with underpayments. I'm done with them sha. Imagine earning less than $53 a month Make VT open, I meuvve!! grin

Ma'am, do you prepare your lesson notes yourself or the school provides one. I'm beginning to hate writing.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
Yes if you get, it's worth a shot. Just do your research before payment

lanrywatt:

What if I get the one that is ready to assist despite the fee , that means it a goal.
Secondly, kindly reply Dm, sent already.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Harbey92(m): 1:11am On Oct 28, 2020
Is IELTS OR TOEFL a must now based on the rules you said it gonna take effect ? For someone who wanna start is processing
WhyNa:

No it's not possible. They are two different things.

I'll advise anyone who is looking to process and come to Vietnam to do so quickly cos a rule will take effect sometime in July I think; requesting all non-native speakers to have IELTS or TOEFL in addition to the English certificate and degree.

No I didn't authenticate my IELTS. You can if you want to
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by obavic: 2:06am On Oct 28, 2020
Spanishmilf:
There is always that one person, asking yeye question
Shioor

grin
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 8:52am On Oct 28, 2020
WhyNa:
First forgive me but make I laugh small Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

We don't do no writing here. The only writing I've done here is when I'm writing list for groceries shopping.

Wetin you wan use lesson note do?? The school provides a detailed syllabus and lesson plan. Some even provide the ppt.

Yes you're absolutely right about your first statement. However, if you're smart, you will teach yourself and learn fast

Edit: Forgot to mention you can actually choose the level you want to teach. You will be limiting yourself and may have to wait for specific opportunities but there are people here who for example only teach kindergarten

We're so backward over here embarassed Must everything be hard? Life is already hard on teachers. I basic and secondary classes.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Coolberry: 9:31am On Oct 28, 2020
Citygal:

Please I sent a mail, kindly reply. It’s regarding this WeChat thing.

Oh I'm sorry I forgot. I'll work on it.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by lanrywatt(m): 10:04am On Oct 28, 2020
WhyNa:
Yes if you get, it's worth a shot. Just do your research before payment

Thanks for your prompt response.

The ones I reached out to said they don't give visa to Nigerians. They don't do Africans except south Africans because most of them come to work illegaly in Vietnam.
That it is a policy from Vietnam that it is not easy getting visa for a Nigerian.

Who did we offend in this country.
Turned down by 3 people already

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 10:53am On Oct 28, 2020
My dear we have a long way to go but God will help us. We will get there someday.

I've always known some teachers back home earn less than 50 dollars but reading it again here made me feel bad and I can't stop thinking about it.

Whoever that has a way to leave legally should do so asap!

Joohan:

We're so backward over here embarassed Must everything be hard? Life is already hard on teachers. I basic and secondary classes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 28, 2020
lanrywatt:

Thanks for your prompt response.

The ones I reached out to said they don't give visa to Nigerians. They don't do Africans except south Africans because most of them come to work illegaly in Vietnam.
That it is a policy from Vietnam that it is not easy getting visa for a Nigerian.

Who did we offend in this country.
Turned down by 3 people already
The work of the bad eggs we have. They did great damage to the Nigerian reputation in the international community. Na only God go help us.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 28, 2020
Coolberry:

Thank you much, still expecting your mail.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
Coolberry:

I have we chat but having difficulty completing my registration. Please assist if you can
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 4:41pm On Oct 28, 2020
WhyNa:
My dear we have a long way to go but God will help us. We will get there someday.

I've always known some teachers back home earn less than 50 dollars but reading it again here made me feel bad and I can't stop thinking about it.

That's the best advice. You don't need to be told.
70% of Lagos state private school teachers earn less than $60 a month. That's our bitter reality, but who are we to narrate our plights to? The reason why teaching job is not profitable here is that, it's the only available job and schools prefer employing quack teachers so as to pay underpay them. It's saddening.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Coolberry: 5:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
Joohan:

That's the best advice. You don't need to be told.
70% of Lagos state private school teachers earn less than $60 a month. That's our bitter reality, but who are we to narrate our plights to? The reason why teaching job is not profitable here is that, it's the only available job and schools prefer employing quack teachers so as to pay underpay them. It's saddening.

Everything so messed up in this country. Imagine living on a $60 salary. Chai I really respect people like that.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Coolberry: 5:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
u3fine:

I have we chat but having difficulty completing my registration. Please assist if you can

Would love to help out but I really can't promise cuz I have to do citygal's own first.

Please send a mail
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2020
Coolberry:

Would love to help out but I really can't promise cuz I have to do citygal's own first.

Please send a mail

Mail sent
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by suco01(m): 1:06am On Oct 29, 2020
WhyNa:

Thanks for the information

My questions are

1). If I come to vietnam with a business or tourist visa and at expiry of visa I decide to renew do I need to exit vietnam before the renewal can be done

2). Which do u suggest one choose from the visas types

3). Is it the agent that helps in getting the job while we go for interview ( like in your case do they help you in getting the job while you go for interview) help to clarify
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:42am On Oct 29, 2020
suco01:

Thanks for the information

My questions are

1). If I come to vietnam with a business or tourist visa and at expiry of visa I decide to renew do I need to exit vietnam before the renewal can be done

2). Which do u suggest one choose from the visas types

3). Is it the agent that helps in getting the job while we go for interview ( like in your case do they help you in getting the job while you go for interview) help to clarify

1) No you don't need to exit

2) Work visa

3);No you apply online by yourself
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 3:54am On Oct 29, 2020
WhyNa:

2) Work visa

Do you believe that I started reading the thread from the beginning again and it kepte awake till now. Ma'am, what you did on this thread is a masterpiece and I appreciate you for that. Keep being you.

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by suco01(m): 8:18am On Oct 29, 2020
WhyNa:

2) Work visa

Thanks for the swift response, also kindly reply your mail
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
Coolberry:

I have resent it please check your mail before it expires. Thank you
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Sirwifi: 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
WhyNa:

2) Work visa

Please i sent a pm to you
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by VirusOO7(m): 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Joohan:

I'm sure tourism is just one of their major exports, they should have something else stabilising the economy. They make and export clothes also

Again, borders are closed. Business are limited!
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2020
VirusOO7:

Did I say otherwise?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 7:32am On Oct 30, 2020
@whyna hop Hanoi is far from the central Vietnam where the Molave storm hit... hop ur side isn't affected
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 7:34am On Oct 30, 2020
VirusOO7:

not to all countries.... Asian counterparts are landing in Vietnam since 21st September
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by VirusOO7(m): 8:10am On Oct 30, 2020
kevwemanuel:
Hello whyna,

Thanks for the update, and congratulations on making some good cash this month. I pray this tempo improves even more for you.

I'd like you to throw more light on the cost of the following in Vietnam:
1) Average annual cost of health care
2) Average annual cost of quality primary education
3) Average annual cost of quality secondary education

This may help those who will like to raise a family in Vietnam to make an informed decision.

Thanks.

Hi... I did a few research in this a while ago. While some schools are pretty expensive, there are mekunu others. However before you proceed, I'll advice that you contract the schools themselves. Kindly find the attached.

I don't know much about health care, but from shine sources, na just like naija... Get yourself a doctor and use her often. Wherever you decide to love, you can always have your go to doc!

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by VirusOO7(m): 8:17am On Oct 30, 2020
Citygal:

The work of the bad eggs we have. They did great damage to the Nigerian reputation in the international community. Na only God go help us.

A man who cannot treat himself right, may not have a full understanding of how to treat others right. That's the case of most Nigerians
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:41am On Oct 30, 2020
dlordy100:
@whyna hop Hanoi is far from the central Vietnam where the Molave storm hit... hop ur side isn't affected

Yea Very far. Thanks for asking. I'm no longer in Hanoi though.

The part that was hit was the Central. I'm in the North

Very sad something

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2020
dlordy100:

not to all countries.... Asian counterparts are landing in Vietnam since 21st September

Very limited though. Very very
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 30, 2020
WhyNa:

Yea Very far. Thanks for asking. I'm no longer in Hanoi though.

The part that was hit was the Central. I'm in the North

Very sad something
Thank God you are safe

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (114) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.