Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,988 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (297480 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Harbey92(m): 10:38am On Jan 22, 2021
Please kindly check your mail. Thanks in anticipation
WhyNa:

Pic one: Just now, chatting with a guy who is in quarantine

Pic 2: The agency I work with got that yesterday
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by drLammy(m): 4:36am On Jan 24, 2021
Mike213:

Please which is closer to ministry of education in Abuja. Is utako closer? And again can I see cheap hotels around . My visa is already out. I just want to authenticate my certificates

Utako is not far to the ministry, also there are many cheap hotels there.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by kenneyyice(m): 6:57am On Jan 24, 2021
ogbevireo:

For someone who doesn't live in Abuja, it is cheaper to get a lawyer to do it on their behalf.
By the time you add:
1. transportation to and fro Abuja
2. hotel bills
3. food and snacks.

1-3 above will cost more than the lawyer's fees (which should not be more than 20k).

Mind you, this is based on my calculation.
Given that the prices for MOE, MFA & EMBASSY are fixed, s/he can do the maths based on the number of documents multiplied by the number of pages. Then add the lawyer's fees.

Good day Sir/ma, am a bit confused about this authentication process and would love you to lead me through it. I have the following questions for you about it.

1. Can it only be done in Abuja?
2. If yes, where exactly?
3. Now you're talking about using a lawyer to do it in Abuja, now will I have to send the originals of all my documents and photocopy to the person too? Am kinda scared of sending the original. Cos if it loss,....
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 24, 2021
kenneyyice:

Good day Sir/ma, am a bit confused about this authentication process and would love you to lead me through it. I have the following questions for you about it.

1. Can it only be done in Abuja?
2. If yes, where exactly?
3. Now you're talking about using a lawyer to do it in Abuja, now will I have to send the originals of all my documents and photocopy to the person too? Am kinda scared of sending the original. Cos if it loss,....

1. Yes, I guess
2. First, Ministry of Education, second, Ministry of Foreign Affairs which is opposite MoE, then third, Vietnam embassy which is at Asokoro, beside Akwa Ibom State Government House.
3. You can do it yourself, just get a place to stay ( if you know someone living in Abuja, you can stay with them for the time being).

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Derinofzion(f): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
Wow!i can't believe i read this thread from the begining to the 64th page,nice one OP you are doing a good job.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Liadi2(m): 7:20pm On Jan 25, 2021
YEAEMEDIA:
Please I have my tefl certificate ready please can you link me with your agency please
From Poland u have come here also. May God crown our efforts
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by YEAEMEDIA(f): 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2021
Bro na here I started sef and after getting tefl certificate then dey refused to help us with their agent ooo [quote author=Liadi2 post=98438746]
From Poland u have come here also. May God crown our efforts [/quote
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:55am On Jan 26, 2021
Liadi2:

From Poland u have come here also. May God crown our efforts

It's allowed. When I started my journey, I was on Finland, Cyprus, Turkey, New Zealand, Hungary, Germany, et Al thread

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:11am On Jan 26, 2021
YEAEMEDIA:
Bro na here I started sef and after getting tefl certificate then dey refused to help us with their agent ooo

THEY REFUSED TO HELP US WITH THEIR AGENT

Really??!!!!!

I'm tired of all this STUPID and MEDIOCRE comments about giving out agent's contact.

I swear Nigerians prefer people who lie to them and dupe them!!!

I'm so pissed off and not just at this comment but others who inbox me trying to guilt trip me into giving out contact. Talking about how we rise by lifting others and even bringing God into the matter.

Y'all think you are wise but you don't know shit!

I can easily team up with someone or get a new line and tell you that's the agent's contact. THEN WHAT!!!!!

@Palazo, I said I'll tell you something after I refund your money but never found the time. I'll just write it here now.

The fucking dude actually ATE YOUR money!

The same agent people like yeaemedia want me to connect them too. I know what it took me and how I was able to get that money back.

Even at that, there are still issues I'm trying to resolve now and even found out that that guy has committed a lot of atrocities and put people in trouble here.

I REPEAT, NO! I'M NOT GIVING ANYONE ANY AGENT'S CONTACT

Use your hand and waka your waka and pray to your GOD.

And no, even if you inbox me and say you will take whatever comes your way, no be for my hand e go happen, use that mind and find agent by yourself.

Gush! Why is it so hard to understand

For almost a year, I've been saying no because I've seen and heard things, yet you people don't want to understand. It wouldn't take anything for me to pose as the agent who did my visa so everyone will just rest

@yeaemedia, BE GUIDED

15 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Cara02: 4:33am On Jan 26, 2021
Please you guys should stop stressing her!!!
@Why Na you have done more than a whole lot for anyone that wants to make a genuine move in leaving this country!!!
God will continue to bless you. Your kind is RARE.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 6:29am On Jan 26, 2021
You all have been shown ways of getting things done. She didn't lie to you all about job not being in VT, she has always been positive about the place, then why guilt trip her because she's not willing to share her agent contact's with you? You have Google and other social medias, make use of them and choose your poison.
With this your desperation sef, an amateur yahoo boy can pose as an agent to psiphon money from you. Just do your research and try and connect with locals, ask for credibility also.
Laslas, everybody go dey okay.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 4:57pm On Jan 26, 2021
you guys shouldn't turn this thread to a war zone. WTF is this we all are matured though i know some are old but lacks manners but let's assume we all are. it's really not force to release contact i think the writer has tried by giving us updates here free of charge and as such should respect her wish not to release agent contact...
there are lot of ways to migrate without need of agents so why making things look like tug of war nah make we respect ourselves here while we anticipate good news via covid19 palava
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by techjeff: 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2021
Good people of naraland and whyna

Any university they offer admission? I don message no see yet oo

I need help with info

@whyna, God bless you for saying the truth and been honest say no to Agent
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by eji1979: 4:26am On Jan 27, 2021
Please you guys should leave WYNA alone. She has tried her very best to give you all the necessary information. Go get your agent and let her be. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2021
techjeff:
Good people of naraland and whyna

Any university they offer admission? I don message no see yet oo

I need help with info

@whyna, God bless you for saying the truth and been honest say no to Agent
you go wait tire none of them speaks English so you either look for someone to help you run that

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by dlordy100: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2021
eji1979:
Please you guys should leave WYNA alone. She has tried her very best to give you all the necessary information. Go get your agent and let her be. I rest my case.
no rest oga you must continue this talk ooo
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:07am On Jan 29, 2021
As we get ready for the TET celebration and holiday, sadly, new cases have emerged totally 100 in just 2 days.

This isn't good as stricter measures are now being put in place which includes 21 days quarantine instead of 14 days for those infected.

Already, visa prices had skyrocketed. With this new development, especially the increased quarantine days, prices are sure to go even higher if they even continue to issue visas.

My advice to anyone who is currently processing anything is to hold on for now as things aren't looking good.

Let's hope as usual, they contain this as they have done in the past

Picture: Kumquat tree and Pomelo. So basically, these fruits are symbolic to TET and families buy the tree, big or small and keep in their houses ahead of the celebration.

Other symbolic things are paper money popularly called lucky money. They believe getting and burning it brings good luck and wealthy for the new year.

There's also the peach and apricot blossom flowers and something called first footer. The first footer to your house must be a male and someone you invited . They believe this also brings good luck and all that Then there's Chung Cake.

I'll try my best to take lots of pictures....if there's no lockdown.

Chao

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Reddington(m): 7:59am On Jan 29, 2021
WhyNa:
As we get ready for the TET celebration and holiday, sadly, new cases have emerged totally 100 in just 2 days.

This isn't good as stricter measures are now being put in place which includes 21 days quarantine instead of 14 days for those infected.

Already, visa prices had skyrocketed. With this new development, especially the increased quarantine days, prices are sure to go even higher if they even continue to issue visas.

My advice to anyone who is currently processing anything is to hold on for now as things aren't looking good.

Picture: Kumquat tree and Pomelo. So basically, these fruits are symbolic to TET and families buy the tree, big or small and keep in their houses ahead of the celebration.

Other symbolic things are paper money popularly called lucky money. They believe getting and burning it brings good luck and wealthy for the new year.

There's also the peach and apricot blossom flowers and something called first footer. The first footer to your house must be a male and someone you invited . They believe this also brings good luck and all that Then there's Chung Cake.

Chao

Lovely-looking trees. Fruits could easily be mistaken for tangerine tho lol..
Thanks for the updates @Whyna, albeit slow and steady.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SpeciallyUnique(m): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2021
Thanks for the update. Do you see another lockdown or ban on international flight coming??

WhyNa:

Chao
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:33am On Jan 29, 2021
Reddington:

Lovely-looking trees. Fruits could easily be mistaken for tangerine tho lol..
Thanks for the updates @Whyna, albeit slow and steady.

They are actually smaller than tangerine.

These ones are small like the tomatoes you can just put in your mouth and chew. They are just a little bigger than grapes.

About updates... nothing really is going on that's why I update only when there's news or I visit somewhere new or something.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:38am On Jan 29, 2021
SpeciallyUnique:
Thanks for the update. Do you see another lockdown or ban on international flight coming??

It's too early to say but I'll say no I don't think it will happen. The government has already swung into action.

So far, all the people who were in contact with the infected have been rounded up. Tests, quarantine and sanitisation have been done.

Only one town is on partial lockdown. Social distancing has started in the affected provinces and for others, we have started wearing mask again. We never really stopped though cos this country wore masks in public even before Covid-19 so they are used to wearing mask.

Only difference is now, even if you're going to the supermarket or using the elevator, you wear mask, use hand sanitizer and your temperature is checked

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Reddington(m): 1:56pm On Jan 29, 2021
WhyNa:

They are actually smaller than tangerine.

These ones are small like the tomatoes you can just put in your mouth and chew. They are just a little bigger than grapes.

About updates... nothing really is going on that's why I update only when there's news or I visit somewhere new or something.

Incredible how deceptive pictures can be.. Cameras tend to manipulate images, making them look bigger or smaller than the actual subject sometimes! Anyway sha I hope they're as tasty as they look.. Lol

Regarding updates, I understand and thanks for the news and insights so far.. Although an occasional posting of pictures of neighbourhoods, streets, buildings or random monuments (with brief stories and captions) would not hurt.. Not sure there's anything more fascinating .. It's the most entertaining aspect of the thread - a lot of thread followers will agree...I'm sure cool

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2021
Reddington:

Incredible how deceptive pictures can be.. Cameras tend to manipulate images, making them look bigger or smaller than the actual subject sometimes! Anyway sha I hope they're as tasty as they look.. Lol

Regarding updates, I understand and thanks for the news and insights so far.. Although an occasional posting of pictures of neighbourhoods, streets, buildings or random monuments (with brief stories and captions) would not hurt.. Not sure there's anything more fascinating .. It's the most entertaining aspect of the thread - a lot of thread followers will agree...I'm sure cool

Yea the pictures were taken up close.

Noted about the updates.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nicoswit(m): 10:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Whyna how you dey take cope with language barrier and dont you get bored abi you don get vietnamese friends nii

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (114) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.