Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (298478 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vfxtobi(m): 7:23am On Jan 22, 2023
Pics 1. My new bike n where I rented
Pics 2. Samsung factory dining room

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vfxtobi(m): 7:29am On Jan 22, 2023
I heard language and MSC admissions are currently open, so if you have anyone here, kindly contact them..
For those that want to teach while here, go to appstore and download British English app.. do it and get your C1 certificate easily

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Liadi2(m): 4:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
vfxtobi:
I heard language and MSC admissions are currently open, so if you have anyone here, kindly contact them..
For those that want to teach while here, go to appstore and download British English app.. do it and get your C1 certificate easily
Please any payments attached?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vfxtobi(m): 5:30pm On Jan 22, 2023
Liadi2:

Please any payments attached?
I think $20 but there's a promo code you can use to reduce it to $5
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by padua1234: 4:15am On Jan 23, 2023
Bros, don't deceive people please. Which school helped you to secure job in Samsung office? Have you considered the language barrier? If you know that you cannot teach, don't even try coming to Vietnam because there is no other job offer apart from teaching ching

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vfxtobi(m): 7:00am On Jan 23, 2023
padua1234:
Bros, don't deceive people please. Which school helped you to secure job in Samsung office? Have you considered the language barrier? If you know that you cannot teach, don't even try coming to Vietnam because there is no other job offer apart from teaching ching
Sometimes you people come here spewing trash, just cubecause it didn’t happened to you doesn’t make it a lie, as i said i will only shared what i know and what i am experiencing…
Please don’t always disregard other people’s experience.. peace out

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 1:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
dlordy100:

Don't come out to spew rubbish just because you want to advertise you're in Vietnam or not. You can always learn new things when you calmly ask questions without attacking people on their post that's how wise people learn. Yes Nigerians work in companies here in Vietnam and I can categorically tell you that they know Nigerians as one of the strongest people from Africa. If you can't prove people wrong with evidence then don't call them out unnecessarily.

Spot on bro

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by padua1234: 4:43pm On Jan 28, 2023
Strong Nigerian. Even their citizens dey give bribe just to get $200 job. Dey whine us

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by tym92(m): 5:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
padua1234:
Strong Nigerian. Even their citizens dey give bribe just to get $200 job. Dey whine us
Don't know why some people are like this...good ideas you don't share, those that wish to share you keep discouraging them...why not keep kwayet if you don't have better things to say cuz the guy up there just proved you wrong

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vintiz(m): 5:10am On Jan 30, 2023
EbonyCy:
Please for those who recently moved to Vietnam via work visa,where and where did you authenticate/legalize your documents and what are the documents to be authenticated/legalized and most importantly the cost per document please... Thank you

I'm sure this has been fully answered, but as a way to give back to this thread, I'll answer this again.
The process can seem a bit overwhelming, but don't worry! I'll walk you through the steps and provide all the necessary details to make it as smooth as possible.

First, you'll need to authenticate your B.Sc degree at the Ministry of Education. The official cost for this is 300 naira per document, but it's worth noting that some people have paid extra to expedite the process(15,000). Once you have your authenticated B.Sc degree, you'll then need to take it, along with your TESOL and C1 certificates, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authentication. The cost for this step is 1,000 naira per document.

Finally, you'll need to take all of your authenticated documents (B.Sc, TESOL, and C1) to the Vietnamese Embassy in Abuja for authentication. The cost for this step is $100 per document. It's best to go to the office in Asokoro, and it's recommended to bring $100 bills, preferably 2020 or newer. The man at the office may ask about the year of the bills, they reject 2 particular years, I'm not sure which again.

I wanted to share my experience with getting a teaching job here in Vietnam. I've been here for a few months now, and while getting a job wasn't too difficult, I haven't found anything permanent yet. I'm currently teaching on a part-time basis in a school. The cost of living here is quite low, so it's easy to save a lot of money. But, there are some challenges you may face.

It can be tough to find jobs in the heart of the city, although I know a Nigerian guy who managed to find one there (which is pretty rare). It's easier to find jobs in areas that are about 45 minutes to an hour drive from the city center. The pay is pretty much the same, and the cost of living is lower in those areas. The standard of living here is decent, but it's not quite the same as what you might be used to in America. My house is nice, but you may not find the same level of luxury in some areas.

Overall, though, I think this is a great place to be. The teaching method here is really fun and relaxed. Your main job is to keep the kids happy, and if they learn something in the process, that's great, but you're there as their friend first and foremost.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 10:56am On Jan 30, 2023
vintiz:

I'm sure this has been fully answered, but as a way to give back to this thread, I'll answer this again.
The process can seem a bit overwhelming, but don't worry! I'll walk you through the steps and provide all the necessary details to make it as smooth as possible.

First, you'll need to authenticate your B.Sc degree at the Ministry of Education. The official cost for this is 300 naira per document, but it's worth noting that some people have paid extra to expedite the process(15,000). Once you have your authenticated B.Sc degree, you'll then need to take it, along with your TESOL and C1 certificates, to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for authentication. The cost for this step is 1,000 naira per document.

Finally, you'll need to take all of your authenticated documents (B.Sc, TESOL, and C1) to the Vietnamese Embassy in Abuja for authentication. The cost for this step is $100 per document. It's best to go to the office in Asokoro, and it's recommended to bring $100 bills, preferably 2020 or newer. The man at the office may ask about the year of the bills, they reject 2 particular years, I'm not sure which again.

I wanted to share my experience with getting a teaching job here in Vietnam. I've been here for a few months now, and while getting a job wasn't too difficult, I haven't found anything permanent yet. I'm currently teaching on a part-time basis in a school. The cost of living here is quite low, so it's easy to save a lot of money. But, there are some challenges you may face.

It can be tough to find jobs in the heart of the city, although I know a Nigerian guy who managed to find one there (which is pretty rare). It's easier to find jobs in areas that are about 45 minutes to an hour drive from the city center. The pay is pretty much the same, and the cost of living is lower in those areas. The standard of living here is decent, but it's not quite the same as what you might be used to in America. My house is nice, but you may not find the same level of luxury in some areas.

Overall, though, I think this is a great place to be. The teaching method here is really fun and relaxed. Your main job is to keep the kids happy, and if they learn something in the process, that's great, but you're there as their friend first and foremost.

Nice one brother, Do you mean that $100 is for authentication of a document like TEFL?
That means that the Bsc, C1 and TEFL will be $300?, huh!, that's much but nothing man pikin go do.
Do you know the amount for student's Visa?
How tedious is the process of obtaining their Student's Visa at their embassy in Abuja?

Thanks for your time mate.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vintiz(m): 9:02am On Feb 01, 2023
uchman:

Nice one brother, Do you mean that $100 is for authentication of a document like TEFL?
That means that the Bsc, C1 and TEFL will be $300?, huh!, that's much but nothing man pikin go do.
How tedious is the process of obtaining their Student's Visa at their embassy in Abuja?

No idea about studying bro.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
uchman:

Student visa is $400, it's not tedious to get...Walk in,pay and pick up your visa.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by jasonclement(m): 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2023
Single or Multiple visa?
EbonyCy:

Student visa is $400, it's not tedious to get...Walk in,pay and pick up your visa.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by uchman(m): 3:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
EbonyCy:

Thanks so much Ebony.
Will the $400 include both Vietnam embassy's documents authentication or just the Visa fee?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joohan: 3:27pm On Feb 03, 2023
vintiz:

So one will be authenticating just 3 documents at the Vietnamese embassy? Also, is O'level and Police clearance certificate a requirement ?

Secondly, did you get a job directly from Nigeria?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Lordinit: 5:40am On Feb 04, 2023
Thanks @ Vinitz for reiterating these facts. Please help with the following info:
How much can one make in a month?How much can one spend in a month ie living expenses?l know this may vary die to individual life style,but please try to do a moderate estimate in and please let it be on naira or dollars.
Thanks in advance.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by confido2017: 5:07pm On Feb 05, 2023
Good afternoon Sir, pls can you give me step by step on how you went about it.

Thanks
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 1:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
jasonclement:
Single or Multiple visa?

Multiple
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 1:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
uchman:

Thanks so much Ebony.
Will the $400 include both Vietnam embassy's documents authentication or just the Visa fee?

No... it's just for visa fee.... Vietnam embassy authentication is $100 per document

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vintiz(m): 4:10am On Feb 07, 2023
Joohan:

So one will be authenticating just 3 documents at the Vietnamese embassy? Also, is O'level and Police clearance certificate a requirement ?

Secondly, did you get a job directly from Nigeria?

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

I did my police clearance here. To the best of my knowledge O'level isn't needed.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by vintiz(m): 4:16am On Feb 07, 2023
Lordinit:
Thanks @ Vinitz for reiterating these facts. Please help with the following info:
How much can one make in a month?How much can one spend in a month ie living expenses?l know this may vary die to individual life style,but please try to do a moderate estimate in and please let it be on naira or dollars.
Thanks in advance.

Going rate is about $20/hr. If you're hardworking you'll get jobs with time. Living expense depends on your style. I don't cook, I buy my food from restaurants. So I can't use myself as a standard. About $10 to $15 per meal. Rent is about $200-$500 depending, mine is $250. Lovely place. Transportation is also another factor. Not too expensive about $100 monthly.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Upzyworld(m): 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
vintiz:

Going rate is about $20/hr. If you're hardworking you'll get jobs with time. Living expense depends on your style. I don't cook, I buy my food from restaurants. So I can't use myself as a standard. About $10 to $15 per meal. Rent is about $200-$500 depending, mine is $250. Lovely place. Transportation is also another factor. Not too expensive about $100 monthly.

In addition to what you have written, and to also add my knowledge and experience here in Vietnam,.....my house is a beautiful building, I lived in the 7th floor of a 12 story building. My landlord likes me so much because maybe because I am black, I don't think he had seen a black before, most of the houses here, you don't need to bring any load, as everything is already available, I drive a bike here and I cook so I spent little on transportation and food, my house is free internet.

Talking about teaching here, it's fun as most of the children have not seen black before, this make them to be curious to want to know more about you and ready to listen to you. The classroom is sometime noisy and rough as there method of teaching does not support beating and punishing a child unnecessarily....just make the children happy, that's the goal....if they are happy they will listen to you....
My salary, I earn close to 2000$ monthly as I worked over 100hours in a month at the rate of 20$/hour....I also do some partime jobs at the weekend.... though the price of the private coaching is small but any amount I earn at the weekend for private coaching, there's no way I can finish spending it during the week, because things are cheap.

I forgot to say I lived in the capital HANOI city, a village in HANOI, hoi duc, the village is so lively and beautiful, I can talk more if I am free.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joemeka979: 12:24am On Feb 12, 2023
Pls you can share with me privately the contact who help you make the payment there in Vietnam
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Joemeka979: 12:29am On Feb 12, 2023
vfxtobi:
Thanks to all those nairalander, that helped us without collecting a dime,
Please if you are going to go for your visa at Vietnamese embassy in Abuja, go to the 1 at asokoro address, not the maitama own...

Visa fee for studies is $400 in $100 denominations (2013 or 2017 preferably)

Go with your international passport, 2 white background photograph..
And both invitation, admission letter from Vietnam... Thats all

The process is fast and easy... You should be done within 30min...

Pls, can you share with me the contact of the person who helps to make your payment in Vietnam privately

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by confido2017: 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2023
Good evening all, pls if you are in Hanoi University of Science and Technology kindly help me find out when l can apply for 2023/2024 session.

Course: Business Analytics (Master)

Please l will also need your input in the process of filling the Application form or documents submission.

Is IELTS or TOEFL compulsory?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.