Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande (777 Views)

Chelsea Results Since Interim Manager Frank Lampard Took Over / Messi Vs Ronaldo: Alex Ferguson Gives Verdict On Greater Player / Nine Players Who Have Played With Messi And Ronaldo Give Verdict On Who Is Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by BriggsBryan: 8:04pm On Feb 14, 2020
Chelsea manager Frank Lampard delivers verdict on Man Utd signing Bruno Fernandes
Frank Lampard believes the signing of Bruno Fernandes has significantly strengthened Manchester United’s hopes of gatecrashing the top four.
The Portugal international, following months of protracted negotiations, finally signed for United last month after Ed Woodward struck a £46.6 million deal with Sporting Lisbon.
Fernandes made an eye-catching debut during a goalless draw with Wolves a fortnight ago and has spent the winter break getting to know his teammates during a warm weather training camp in Marbella.
The 25-year-old is likely to start at the heart of United’s midfield when Ole Gunnar Solskajer’s side take on Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Monday and Lampard acknowledged his side must be wary of the threat Fernandes will bring.
He told Sky Sports: ‘I think they are strong anyway and will be stronger because they’ve done good business.
‘I think Fernandes is a top player, he scores goals, I know all about his record and that.
‘We have to take that into account and he will be wanting to make his mark on the Premier League in general. I think they are a top team.
‘Again they are gunning for the top four the size of club they are. We won’t be under any illusions, it’s going to be a tough game but we have to trust in ourselves, be confident at home, play well and try and win the game.’
After failing to make a single signing during the January window Chelsea, meanwhile, took a significant step towards a summer rebuild by confirming a deal for Ajax winger Hakim Ziyech on Thursday.
The Morocco international winger will officially become a Chelsea player in the summer and Lampard is hopeful the club will make further additions, although ensuring a top four finish remains his primary focus.
He added: ‘I think first we have to worry about where we are at trying to come in top four is priority, we are always on the lookout working together to see how we improve and those improvements could be needed in he summer but have to make sure they are the right ones.’
MORE: Chelsea v Manchester United prediction made by Arsenal legend Charlie Nicholas
MORE: Man Utd handed Jadon Sancho transfer boost as Chelsea cool interest due to Borussia Dortmund asking price

Re: Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by Dybala11(m): 8:08pm On Feb 14, 2020
Who cares about his opinion. Meanwhile, this land is not for sale, beware of fraudsters!

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by sulasa07(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14, 2020
Dybala11:
Who cares about his opinion. Meanwhile, this land is not for sale, beware of fraudsters!
Abegi,which land? NAIRALAND? grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by Dybala11(m): 8:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
sulasa07:

Abegi,which land? NAIRALAND? grin grin grin
EggZactly, you don get am. I'm referring to nairaLAND of course.
Re: Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by sulasa07(m): 9:12pm On Feb 14, 2020
Dybala11:

EggZactly, you don get am. I'm referring to nairaLAND of course.
No let Seun send Amotekun to arrest you for trying to sell land wey no be your own.Beware!
Re: Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by Dybala11(m): 9:15pm On Feb 14, 2020
sulasa07:

No let Seun send Amotekun to arrest you for trying to sell land wey no be your own.Beware!
Nope, you obvious misquoted my comment, I was warning land grabers and fraudsters to stay away from the LAND of nairaLAND.
Re: Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by sulasa07(m): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2020
Dybala11:

Nope, you obvious misquoted my comment, I was warning land grabers and fraudsters to stay away from the LAND of nairaLAND.
Ok
Re: Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by festus2001: 10:25pm On Feb 14, 2020
I am very sure man utd will beat chelsea

1 Like

Re: Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Delivers Verdict On Man Utd Signing Bruno Fernande by BriggsBryan: 10:34pm On Feb 14, 2020
festus2001:
I am very sure man utd will beat chelsea
We all hope

(1) (Reply)

Messi Dribling His Dog At Home / Barcelona Reject €100m Bid For Ansu Fati / This Is Not Barcelona Or Chelsea Stadium,this Is A Stadium In South_south Nigeri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.