Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,872 members, 7,798,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Who takes Manchester City's spot After UEFA Ban? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who takes Manchester City's spot After UEFA Ban? (999 Views)

Westham Enter Top Three Spot After Defeating Liverpool 3 - 0 / UEFA Ban: Court of Arbitration for Sports registers Manchester City's appeal / Man City May Face Uefa Ban From The Champions League For A Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who takes Manchester City's spot After UEFA Ban? by EbukaHades10(m): 9:17pm On Feb 14, 2020
*This post was written by Sky Sports in 2018 and could be applied currently

The fifth-placed Premier League team this season could play in the Champions League in 2019/20 if Manchester City are banned from European competition, Sky Sports News has learned.

UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin has promised action "very soon" after it was alleged City had used sponsorship deals to circumvent Financial Fair Play regulations.
The Premier League champions have not commented on Cerefin's pledge to take strong action on what he called "a concrete case".

Having been found guilty of breaching FFP rules in 2014, City would most likely face a ban from UEFA competition.
In turn, that would open the door for the competition's fifth-placed team to replace them, provided Pep Guardiola's side finish in the top four.

Article 4.08 of UEFA's 'Admission criteria and procedure' states: "A club which is not admitted to the competition is replaced by the next best-placed club in the top domestic championship of the same association, provided the new club fulfils the admission criteria."

City were previously fined £49m for contravening FFP four years ago but avoided a more severe punishment then had the fine reduced to £18m.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/11571649/a-man-city-champions-league-ban-could-lead-to-fifth-premier-league-team-replacing-them

Re: Who takes Manchester City's spot After UEFA Ban? by TheMainMan: 9:39pm On Feb 14, 2020
They might not achieve the success they have today if they didn't breach the financial fair play rules so nobody should pity them...

I think they will appeal it but if doesnt go through... i want sheffield united to represent them

1 Like

Re: Who takes Manchester City's spot After UEFA Ban? by EbukaHades10(m): 9:53pm On Feb 14, 2020
TheMainMan:
They might not achieve the success they have today if they didn't breach the financial fair play rules so nobody should pity them...

I think they will appeal it but if doesnt go through... i want sheffield wednesday to represent them
U mean Sheffield United
Re: Who takes Manchester City's spot After UEFA Ban? by TheMainMan: 7:46am On Feb 16, 2020
EbukaHades10:
U mean Sheffield United
yes
Re: Who takes Manchester City's spot After UEFA Ban? by Corrosiveman(m): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2020
Maybe Newcastle

1 Like

Re: Who takes Manchester City's spot After UEFA Ban? by DownChelsea(f): 2:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
Liverpool will win the league
City will be 2nd
Leicester will be 3rd
4th, 5th and 6th will be between Manchester United, Tottenham and Wolves.
7th and 8th will be between Sheffield and Chelsea.
9th and 10th will be between Everton and Arsenal.

With City’s ban, I predict the following teams for ucl.

Liv, Lei, Man utd and Wol.

For Europa, I predict Tot and Che.

Arsenal can’t go to Europe next season UNLESS THEY WIN THIS SEASON’S EUROPA.

But unfortunately for Arsenal, Man Utd are top favorites and likely to win the Europa.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Patiently Waiting For Penaldo Fans To Comment... / Nigeria Richest Club Vandrezzer Division 2 Side Sign Dutch Coach De Beer(photos) / AFCON: Angry Ghanaians Say ''We Must Learn To Play With Passion Like Nigeria!''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.