Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case (43523 Views)

Coronavirus: Oyo State Records First Positive Case / Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Ralphjoe(m): 10:13pm On Feb 14, 2020
Egypt’s health ministry on Friday confirmed its first case of the novel coronavirus, making it the first in Africa.
The sufferer was not Egyptian, the ministry said in a statement, without specifying the nationality.

“The ministry has taken preventative measures and is monitoring the patient… who is stable,” said health ministry spokesman Khaled Megahed.

Egyptian authorities had notified the World Health Organization and the patient been placed in quarantined isolation in hospital.

The death toll from the epidemic virus has neared 1,400 cases, almost exclusively in China where it was first identified.

Deep trade links with China and often overstretched healthcare systems have raised concerns about the capacity of African countries to respond to an outbreak.

Earlier this month, Egypt suspended all flights on its national carrier to China. They will remain grounded until the end of the month.

Three hundred and one Egyptians were evacuated from Wuhan, epicentre of the virus in China, and have remained in quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/02/14/breaking-egypt-records-first-coronavirus-case-in-africa/amp/%3ffbclid=IwAR3OdKv0bTzVTlBnSrB_5jMVB52xM_gJ-CpJ4hMSVZb28bk3NKZc6g2GaZ0/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Ralphjoe(m): 10:21pm On Feb 14, 2020
Lalasticlala pls move this to fp so our people will be aware, embarassed embarassed embarassed

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by chatinent: 10:51pm On Feb 14, 2020
In a world no where to run.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by slivertongue: 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2020
Dear CORONA VIRUS,

I want to beg you in the name of Jesus, please don't listen to the empty boasts of our Nigeria leaders. Our leaders don't know what they are saying. How can they say they are ready and prepared for you?
Abeg Sir, na lie, na slip of tongue. Just yesterday they said they have voted N680m to prepare for you, just imagine!! How much is that?
Sir, Look at how your Younger brother, Lassa Fever, is dealing with our people, your brother is already in 28 states of Nigeria unstoppable talk less of you.
Dear CORONA VIRUS, your birth place, China, with all her sophistications couldn't withstand your anger.
*China is overwhelmed,
*WHO is overwhelmed,
*Advanced countries are scared,
*Nigeria is boasting.
(Snails do not attend a meeting of Animals with horns).
Please in the name of Jesus ������, don't come here, we can't handle you, we don't have the money, we don't have any hospital, no Power, we don't even have hand gloves and nose masks, our Doctors are afraid of you.
Our Government is joke.

Thank you sir,
God bless you.

675 Likes 80 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by vincentico(m): 10:42am On Feb 15, 2020
slivertongue:
Dear CORONA VIRUS,

I want to beg you in the name of Jesus, please don't listen to the empty boasts of our Nigeria leaders. Our leaders don't know what they are saying. How can they say they are ready and prepared for you?
Abeg Sir, na lie, na slip of tongue. Just yesterday they said they have voted N680m to prepare for you, just imagine!! How much is that?
Sir, Look at how your Younger brother, Lassa Fever, is dealing with our people, your brother is already in 28 states of Nigeria unstoppable talk less of you.
Dear CORONA VIRUS, your birth place, China, with all her sophistications couldn't withstand your anger.
*China is overwhelmed,
*WHO is overwhelmed,
*Nigeria is boasting.
Please in the name of Jesus ������, don't come here, we can't handle you, we don't have the money, we don't have any hospital, no Power, we don't even have hand gloves and nose masks, our Doctors are afraid of you.
Our Government is joke.

Thank you sir,
God bless you.
LoL . sh!t is real

156 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Kendumazy(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Very bad virus.

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by israelmao(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
"...I will put none of these diseases upon thee which I have brought upon Egyptians I am the Lord that healeth thee"

122 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Onyekachi419(f): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
Holy Mary
Please stay out of Nigeria
Na beg I dey beg

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by rrreer: 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
If Ihedioha reclaims his mandate, then I know something is brewing... smiley

It would have been confirmed that the SE/SS are deliberately being shut out of APC.

GEJ and Madam Patience's visits to Aso rock some days back may have been to sway the Supreme court to favour David Lyon.
Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by dessz(m): 2:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
This is not funny. Anything that makes it enter Nigeria, then it would spread way faster than in China.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by TruthSpeaker: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL THING THAT THIS CORONAVIRUS DIDN’T ORIGINATE IN AFRICA. IT IS ALWAYS ASSUMED EVERY THING EVIL STARTS IN AFRICA. I CAN REMEMBER WHEN THE EBOLA EPIDEMIC STARTED A FEW YEAR BACK HOW HUMILIATING IS WAS TO TRAVEL WITH A NIGERIA PASSPORT EVEN WHEN I HADN’T VISITED NIGERIA IN LAST 6 YEARS. I WAS TAGGED FOR QUARANTINE UNTIL I COULD PROVE THAT I HADN’T VISITED NIGERIA FOR AGES.
EVEN WHEN IT IS ASSUMED THAT EGYPT IS FAR AHEAD OF MANY AFRICAN COUNTRIES, I STILL HAVE THE FEELING THAT THE ISLAMIC ”GET TOGETHERNESS” CULTURE MIGHT HUNT THEM SINCE THE DISEASE IS VERY CONTAGIOUS. IF THIS DISEASE MAKES IT TO NORTHERN NIGERIA, THE FATALITY WILL BELITTLE THE HAVOC BOKO HARAM HAS CAUSED ALL THESE YEARS. DON’T GET ME WRONG WHEN I REFERRED TO NORTHERN NIGERIA, BECAUSE LAGOS STATE DUE TO HER HIGH POPULATION DENSITY WILL ALSO BE MASACRE ZONE IF HIT. I MADE MENTION OF THE NORTH BECAUSE IS WHERE BOKO HARAM HAS HIT MOST. NIGERIA OBVIOUSLY CAN NEVER BE PREPARED ENOUGH TO CURB THE DISEASE. POVERTY, ILLITERACY, PRECARIOUS HEALTHCARE, FILTHINESS AND ILL CULTURE WILL PROPEL THE EXPANSION OF THE DISEASE LIKE WILDFIRE IN AFRICAN COUNTRIES. PLACES OF WORSHIP, MARKET PLACE, PUBLIC TRANSPORT, SPORT EVENT GATHERING ETC COULD SERVE AS A GENERATOR FOR THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by OakConsultNG: 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
Interesting times..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by tommykiwi(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
God will see us thru did period

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by kellight(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
The beginning of the end
Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Righteousness89(m): 2:09pm On Feb 15, 2020

People of GOD , let's not DECIEVE ourselves...
Corona Virus is a Mysterious Virus sweeping through the universe...

No one has discovered the truth about how it is Contacted, Prevented or cured!

All Man should hold CHINEKE NA In Heaven...

If you ask me, this is one of pestilences on this Wicked World..

The End of all things is at Hand so these things should not be a SUPRISE..

The RAPTURE is sooo Close..

Accept and Hold to JESUS CHRIST in every way you can...

One thing I am know, GOD ALMIGHTY WILL PROTECT AND PRESERVE HIS OWN..

53 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by PrincessB1(f): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
This is getting out of hand embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by mctfopt: 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
I guess a Chinese sneaked into Egypt undecided

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Sniper101(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Chai cry
Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Profprom(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
Water Don dey pass eba o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by MrBONE2(m): 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
grin

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by worworbabe: 2:10pm On Feb 15, 2020
How much research have we done on Lassa fever since the 1960s when it was first discovered in Nigeria. Have we worked on vaccines or tried a cure?

I posted a thread on the lamentations of Doctors about it but it wasn't moved to frontpage. We are only concerned about Coronavirus even when this lassa has killed many people including Doctors and Nurses with no help in sight.

This is the thread https://www.nairaland.com/5682825/why-silence-lassa-fever neglected by lalasticlala but everything coronavirus is moved to front page.

Nigerians, don't wait until it's your family member involved to take action.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
F*CK
Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
After all the prayers wey i don pray finally it has reached Africa las las prayer na scam

7 Likes 2 Shares

slivertongue:
Dear CORONA VIRUS,

*China is overwhelmed,
*WHO is overwhelmed,
*Nigeria is boasting.
Our Government is joke.

Thank you sir,
God bless you.
Wordgrin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by morgan100(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
E don dey happen

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by kindnyce(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
That's getting scary mahn.
Pray they curtailed it there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by Tihmmyg50(m): 2:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
The end is near...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by PotatoSalad(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
We're not ready.

Imagine one carrier going to dunamis megachurch in Abuja to worship tomorrow.

Shebi FG said they're ready to handle Coronavirus and one iberibe minister said 36m would be given to any scientist that finds the cure. How?
How can you cure a virus without a sample of it? Shows that these people think with their anus and potbellies.

Worse, it's still harmattan and 1 in 5 Nigerians have symptoms of flu and cough, and that's a symptom of Coronavirus too.

We're not ready

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by MedicH: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
slivertongue:
Dear CORONA VIRUS,

*China is overwhelmed,
*WHO is overwhelmed,
*Nigeria is boasting.
Our Government is joke.

Thank you sir,
God bless you.

Haha this ur prayer needs to trend. Write this on a paper and upload to twitter tag cnn now u go trend on international media. Lol funny

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case by shangodele974(m): 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2020
Baba God pity us ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After / Man Blames His Village People For His Brother's Injury. Graphic Photos / Man Discovers His Wife Of 3years Is HIV Positive (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.