Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,877 members, 7,806,522 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen (1148 Views)

Did You Know You’re More Likely To Lose Your Phone Than Have It Stolen? / How Can I Track My Stolen Tecno Camon CM / How Do I Track My Stolen Tecno Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by DenreleDave(m): 11:36pm On Feb 14, 2020
I was robbed last week of my tecno spark 2 and I got just another one.. Pls how can I track my phone coz of unforeseen circumstances..

Whether my phone is off or on, how can I track it?

Pls gurus shud help me out

Cc: techcapon
Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by Ladylite: 11:58pm On Feb 14, 2020
DenreleDave:
I was robbed last week of my tecno spark 2 and I got just another one.. Pls how can I track my phone coz of unforeseen circumstances..

Go to the police station with some money and tell them you want to report a stolen phone case. And you want to track it. Back then in Delta phone tracking was 20k and the theif and whomever bought the stolen phone would whatever amount you have spent. Asides sleeping in cell

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by yanabasee(m): 12:39am On Feb 15, 2020
Tracking of phone is very possible if you know any DSS officer.
But preventing another occurrence is not possible.... Because Nigeria is a Zoo.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by Mrrationalshop: 1:00am On Feb 15, 2020
Ok
Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by TechCapon(m): 3:54am On Feb 15, 2020
DenreleDave:

of course you can track your phone by reporting it to the police and giving them all relevant information regarding the phone. The thing is police will charge u for it, sometimes up to 50k. If you think the phone is worth it for you just go ahead. Luck

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by MiVida(m): 10:29am On Feb 15, 2020
They stole your phone and you went ahead to buy the same crap all over again... Hahahahahahaa... This is purely the work of magic grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by kingxsamz(m): 3:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
DenreleDave:

Please if you plan on tracking the device don't bother, just just sell the new one you bought, and use the money for tracking to get a Samsung, Huawei or Xiaomi device.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by AlphaSoul: 6:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
TechCapon:
Of course you can track your phone by reporting it to the police and giving them all relevant information regarding the phone. The thing is police will charge u for it, sometimes up to 50k. If you think the phone is worth it for you just go ahead. Luck
Better to do an IMEI tracking
with the security agencies.
Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by Rollyluv: 8:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
AlphaSoul:

Better to do an IMEI tracking
with the security agencies.

What then happens when the theif changes the Imei � � � � �

1 Like

Re: How Do I Secure Or Track My Phone Incase It's Stolen by AlphaSoul: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
Rollyluv:

What then happens when the theif changes the Imei � � � � �
That's the reason why a person
has to ACT quickly by reporting to the police and get a police report
which would enable the police
and the mobile service provider
to track any stolen phone.

Only the police are authorized
to track lost phones via IMEI
tracking in Nigeria as of now.

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

Urgently Need Phone 20k - CLOSED / Mint USA Used Google Pixel 3xl Dual-SIM 64GB - 85k / Tecno Camon 19 Pro 5G Vs Infinix Note 12 VIP: Which One Is Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.