Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms (37752 Views)

FG Approved AK47 For Katsina Outfit, Ondo Will Buy For Amotekun - Akeredolu / Nigerian Army Women Corps To Hold 7-Day Field Training Exercises / US Army Engineers Corps To Construct A29 Air Base In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by MetaPhysical: 9:20am On Feb 15, 2020
Neoteny:

Pipe dream

You still need approval to operate and bear arms, Mr We-Are-The-Law

It has been approved by the respective State House of Assemblies, giving power of arm control to their Governors. IGP is empowered by the ACT to designate authorizing and licensing powers to qualified persons. The Governors have been qualified by their State Laws.

What else?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by MedicH: 9:21am On Feb 15, 2020
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu the one true prop-het in the order of nostradamus the man who saw tomorrow prophesied that fulani herdsmen will be armed and released to kill. to steal and to destroy and nobody dare ask them question.

Mazi said this 10 years ago

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 15, 2020
Eteka1:
To you Nigeria is so lawless to the point that any state can decide to form a military, Para-Millitary, police etc and arm them as they wish?

Let me tell you, only the Federal government has the prerogative to do the above according to the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Amotokun is in the category of vigilantes or community policing whose job is to assist the police or military with accurate information about criminal activities in their area.

Was that why the FG armed the Fulani bandits who drive cattle with AK47?

1 Like

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by joe120120(m): 9:27am On Feb 15, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

https://punchng.com/ig-gives-swest-govs-conditions-for-amotekun-corps-to-bear-arms/

mba
pls Nigeria is not yet prepare to comb the madness of insecurity .
with all their education knowledge .

zoo is their real name

of Nigeria
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Omoslim26: 9:28am On Feb 15, 2020
Bluntguy:
Las Las, even the Amotekun will end being a paper tiger with police regulating how it is going to function. Everything has finally become a mirage after all the noise. IPOB seems to be winning the race.

there is no sense in this your post none at all

shun bigotry it's of no use

1 Like

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Mshelia01: 9:30am On Feb 15, 2020
WHO ELSE IS TIRED OF THIS AMOTEKUN MATTER !!!

1 Like

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Jakumo(m): 9:30am On Feb 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Amotekun is dead.

Please stop all these egoism.

The outfit is dead and gone to dogs.

The creation of Amotekun as a "new" vigilante group, is merely a tactical exercise in semantics, deployed by state governors in order to bypass the unofficial federal POLICY that cattle grazing land should be forcibly annexed by armed cowboys, from farmers hitherto relied upon to feed the entire nation.

The bottom line is that southern states ALREADY operate vigilante forces duly recognized as such by the federal government, and for the avoidance of doubt, those state-tenured vigilante men ARE suitably armed to neutralize terrorist cow herding gangs, with pump action and semi auto shotguns widely distributed among such groups, for most of the past decade.

The formation of Amotekun in the southwest, and of the new Obuniigwe vigilante group emerging in Igboland, are to all intents and purposes, an overdue response to the expanding existential threat posed by terrorist cattle herding gangs who destroy the nation's food supply, one farm of ripening crops at a time.

The upshot of this story is that in the near future, Nigeria's individual states will embrace their RIGHT and DUTY to have stray cattle shot on sight, essentially as has been the standing policy in Ghana, where the concept of crop-eating bandit cattle swarms, is largely unknown due to preemptive government policy on such matters.

2 Likes

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 15, 2020
Jakumo:

The creation of Amotekun as a "new" vigilante group, is merely a tactical exercise in semantics, deployed by state governors in order to bypass the unofficial federal POLICY that cattle grazing land should be forcibly annexed by armed cowboys, from farmers hitherto relied upon to feed the entire nation.

The bottom line is that southern states ALREADY operate vigilante forces duly recognized as such by the federal government, and for the avoidance of doubt, those state-tenured vigilante men ARE suitably armed to neutralize terrorist cow herding gangs, with pump action and semi auto shotgun widely distributed among such groups, over the past decade.

The formation of Amotekun in the southwest, and of the new Obuniigwe vigilante group emerging in Igboland, is to all intents and purposes, a response to the expanding threat posed by terrorist cattle herding gangs who destroy the nation'f food supply, one farm of ripening crops at a time.
The upshot of this story is that in the near future, Nigeria's individual states have embraced their RIGHT and DUTY to have stray cattle shot on sight, essentially as has been the standing policy in Ghana, where the concept of crop-eating bandit cattle swarms, is largely unknown due to preemptive government policy on such matters.

Nobody formed obuniigwe in Igboland and I have never heard such name as obuniigwe.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by slivertongue: 9:36am On Feb 15, 2020
MetaPhysical:
I honestly think people just talk nonsense without use of discretion.

When IGP is addressing Northerners or Easterners he can remind them of the law and statutes of Firearms Act.

When he addresses Westerners on issues of law and statutory contracts we do not need a reminder, WE ARE THE LAW!

OP,
dont allow IGP to scare you with Firearms Act. We already identified the loophole in the Act, and we are exploiting the loophole to apply for license, period!

unfortunately u are not the IG, NSA or the C in C
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Omoslim26: 9:37am On Feb 15, 2020
tiredoflife:
U can't fight with gods and pray he blesses u
Amotekun is dead
They should arms
Focus on juju
That's what the mouth making of yorubas was about
Their jazz
Why do they need guns
Dem no get jazz again

oga you guys should stop all this mumu childish stuffs on this forum

watsup with the mods why aren't they banning you and your likes

you guys have messed this forum up big time

1 Share

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Jakumo(m): 9:39am On Feb 15, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Nobody formed obuniigwe in Igboland and I have never heard such name as obuniigwe.

This is a new group that very recently made the news. Their primary task will be to kill cattle that stray into farms, along with any misguided elements that try to oppose the routine pest eradication exercise.

Thank you for your support, and God bless Nigeria.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Nobody: 9:42am On Feb 15, 2020
they must carry superb arms, Fulani's does , you don't take knife to a gun battle

1 Like

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2020
shangodele974:
all their riffles are licensed, since they're in govt

by who
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Comedian2019: 9:49am On Feb 15, 2020
abuhusna1:
Must everyone carry gun. This is my third year in Ireland and I have never seen a gun.
You are talking about a country inhabited by sane people.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Deputy1111(m): 9:54am On Feb 15, 2020
How do you expect people that will be moving inside the bush searching for kidnappers without bearing arms. We must do everything possible to curb the rate of insecurity in our country.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by tonididdy(m): 9:55am On Feb 15, 2020
I bet my money on it... This amotekun will be worse than sars.

This will be worse because these ones will be closer to homes.
... If only they will stick to their callings but we all know Nigerians and power is a curse.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by MetaPhysical: 10:00am On Feb 15, 2020
slivertongue:

unfortunately u are not the IG, NSA or the C in C

No, I am not....unfortunately!
If I was Nigeria would be far much orderly and civilized.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Splendor27: 10:01am On Feb 15, 2020
goodnessme1:
Dead Amotekun.
jealousy kill u dere....
Unpeaceful lady.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Jakumo(m): 10:01am On Feb 15, 2020
tonididdy:
I bet my money on it... This amotekun will be worse than sars.

This will be worse because these ones will be closer to homes.
... If only they will stick to their callings but we all know Nigerians and power is a curse.

Fear mongering is bad for one's health, sir. The new vigilante group is, for your information, the same as the OLD vigilante group, since it is only the NAME of the outfit that has been changed, so that this new name can provide the needed authority under which individual states can vigorously pursue a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to crop-destroying cattle herds, whereby the Amotekun boys in the nation's south west, and the Obuniigwe warriors in the south east, will primarily be engaged offering cattle eradication services on farmland, lighting up the invaders with withering barrages of corrective gunfire, as needed.

1 Like

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Sergioaguero: 10:01am On Feb 15, 2020
Promo! Promo!! Promo!!!
DIGITAL PH METER SALES

Last Stock Available.
Buy Digital PHMeter at Promo Price of 1 N8000.
Promo price of buying 3 N7000.
�Pay on Delivery in Lagos.
�Pay on Delivery outside lagos.

�Delivery fee of N500 only in Lagos Mainland.

�Outside lagos mainlan delivery fee N800.
..................................................................................

Delivery fee
..................................................................................

�Delivery fee Northern & Middle belt States N2000.

�Delivery fee South South & South East states N1500.

�Offer valid while stock last and promo Ends.

�Only phone calls Accepted, No flashing.

�Call 0.8.1.3.8.5.7.0.1.8.4...

Hurry now and dont be left out. Price will reverse to original price after promo ends. Promo Can end anytime even tomorrow.
....................................................................................

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Exosphere: 10:05am On Feb 15, 2020
Amotekun is here to stay

Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by hecha38(m): 10:10am On Feb 15, 2020
ok
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by designexploit(m): 10:11am On Feb 15, 2020
Lolzzzzz... The corps are afraid so that they don't get another security outfit that will do their job better than they do.
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by Joyce95: 10:12am On Feb 15, 2020
Let the best be done
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by slivertongue: 10:14am On Feb 15, 2020
MetaPhysical:

No, I am not....unfortunately!
If I was Nigeria would be far much orderly and civilized.

well said!!

remember to use the opportunity well when given the chance to lead or make key functional decisions
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by tonididdy(m): 10:17am On Feb 15, 2020
Jakumo:

Fear mongering is bad for one's health, sir. The new vigilante group is, for your information, the same as the OLD vigilante group, since it is only the NAME of the outfit that has been changed, so that this new name can provide the needed authority under which individual states can vigorously pursue a ZERO TOLERANCE policy when it comes to crop-destroying cattle herds, whereby the Amotekun boys in the nation's south west, and the Obuniigwe warriors in the south east, will primarily be engaged offering cattle eradication services on farmland, lighting up the invaders with withering barrages of corrective gunfire, as needed.

Ok Sir, I maybe wrong
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by viceddy95(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2020
abuhusna1:
Must everyone carry gun. This is my third year in Ireland and I have never seen a gun.
Well done mr Ireland,you want everybody to know you live in Ireland abi.....tell me the reason they must not carry arm,,will they be using ordinary hand to fight criminals with weapons?...
Re: Police Give South-West Governors Conditions For Amotekun Corps To Bear Arms by spirul77: 10:23am On Feb 15, 2020
but how do those Fulani get their own license for this AK 47's ? na wa o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ogun Police Sergeant Prostrates, Begs For Mercy After Threatening Panel Member / El-rufai To License Pastors And Muslim Clerics / Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.