Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Travelling To The South For The First Time - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To The South For The First Time (31165 Views)

The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by stasius: 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bros go sit down.

You want to use reverse psychology abi? You guys are good at it and we have learnt.
Yes we know no place is safe in Nigeria but with the spate of recent kidnaps and killings in the North, South is relatively safe compared to North.

Terrorism is the biggest threat to security. Yes.
Who perpetuates the terrorist attacks witnessed in the south? Herdsmen. Where are they from?

As for language, don't even go there. Even a 5yr old in the south can speak, and understand reasonably, simple English unlike the Ba Turenchi core North.

So bros chill. Southerners are homely as long as you behave and respect yourself. Everybody is too busy with his business to think of causing you any harm.

Of course nowhere is absolutely safe. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by abdulkayus(m): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2020
anonimi:

Is north central safe

Yes, states like Kwara, Kogi, Niger and Nassarawa are farrrrrr more safe than many States in the south.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by LZAA: 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2020
Arrewa:
Well.... Be careful

You will be tagged onye ugwu!!

Be careful... Be very very careful...

Aba is the capital of Biafrans...

The biafra proponents especially masobs are very deadly especially towards Northerners...

They don't care weather you are from Jos,Nasarawa or Niger... What they know is that onye ugwu bu onye ugwu... (a northerner is a northerner) and they see you as an enemy

I have been to Aba,Onitsha, Enugu and Ebonyi...

Ebonyi and Aba na danger for Northerners...

Those Niger migrants hustling over there dey hear ram hot cos they see them as Hausafulani

Don't think that you coming from Jos will save you... You are a brother to yakubu Gowon Just have that in mind

Lastly when Making call in public don't use Hausa to speak with any of your friends... They might tag you a Bokoharam informant and you're likely to be lynched or ipob among them will tag you Hausafulani spy

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Kinematics: 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
willsonzzy:
In aba bus and Keke drivers don't speak english but if you speak english they'll understand, in pH pigin is the main language I mean broken English,when you're in pH don't go to dioub,abuloma and the dline at night.you can get a very nice hotel in old or new GRA,avoid night movement and you will enjoy your stay,

Fixed!
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Mescana22(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Arrewa:
Well.... Be careful

The biafra proponents especially masobs are very deadly especially towards Northerners...

They don't care weather you are from Jos,Nasarawa or Niger... What they know is that onye ugwu bu onye ugwu... (a northerner is a northerner) and they see you as an enemy

Those Niger migrants hustling over there dey hear ram hot cos they see them as Hausafulani

Don't think that you coming from Jos will save you... You are a brother to yakubu Gowon Just have that in mind

Lastly when Making call in public don't use Hausa to speak with any of your friends... They might tag you a Bokoharam informant and you're likely to be lynched or ipob among them will tag you Hausafulani spy

You just wrote Bunch of Crap and nonsense, have you ever seen an hausa Man who got lynched for speaking hausa on calls? Thousands of them are in various markets husting in Aba, stop this stupidity

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by aumeehn: 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Snipper007:

There is no bokoharam in aba or Se/ss
lol i have been living in the NE my whole life and i never came across BH. Even though there was bomb blast and killings but most times the attacks occurs in faraway local Govenments. No Cultist or Agberos here
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by abdulkayus(m): 3:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
Zephyr1:
Don't believe all you read online. South East, South West and South South are far safer than North. Avoid night movement as others posted earlier. Avoid 'notice me' dressing. Just blend in.

It's surprising how most southern people badmouth their region on security when it's North that's generally known to be unsafe.

It's rare to find someone of middle age or younger in the south that doesn't speak or understand pidgin or good English.

U claimed that SE, SS and SW are far safer than the North and that he should avoid night movement, lol, is that the safety? Lol.
FYI, in Kano here, we dey do night movement wella and no ish. I do go home sometimes around 11 pm or to 12 am and no even fear of anything.
Despite the issue of BH in pockets of Borno state, North is still far more safer than the south.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by kay7: 3:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
Is Jos safe?
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Thirteenblood: 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2020
Wow
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by abdulkayus(m): 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
MedicH:
If you're coming on the road I'm not sure if Fulani herdsmen won't kidnap u on the express. If they don't just mind ur fvcking business.

What about the frequent high way robbers, kidnappers and ritualists in the south?
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by jokinexcel(m): 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
PH is very safe and secure, I have lived all my life in ph, you were misinformed. You can DM if you need any direction. Port Harcourt is relatively peaceful compared to north. I served in bauchi state I know how insecure the place was then
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by ufotty2001: 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2020
If you are in Port Harcourt they are some area u shouldn't go at night like diobu, Garrison and aboluma etc.. has you are enjoying the city you can visit Casablanca to have some fvck!! Alot of girls are waiting for u
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by justino57(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
In terms of security ABA is more safe than PH am a rivers boy ,here in PH the street is military, just just come and do ya biz and go nothing come out but if you joans sars carry u 2seconds
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by abdulkayus(m): 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2020
obama30:

Is easy to paint people red but watch and tell your self truth, If south East is not safe is it north that is safer? If Aba people don't understand English is it the northern people that attend alamajiri school understand English? is Aba and port/H is not good for Night sightseeing seeing is it North that have sharia and all manners of terrorist is good to move around in the Night? If Aba or port is 2% bad then north is 20% bad. take it that your traveling from hail to heaven because northern weather is not friendly, neither northern environment is flies free zone and other bad air-born diseases, all this i mention you can't experience any at East. No alamajiri dirtiness that can make you vomit when eating, everyone you see at East take bath before coming out even the truck pushers. Nigeria man from north consider your safe lucky for about to travel from hail side of the country to haven side of the nation despite power in the north for years. good stay in environment with good weather. If entire east whether old or new eastern region have good governors the north should have be going to East and south with visa because the south don't need north for anything. there's nothing that can make me travel to the north unless to middle belt states.

U are a victim of danger of a single story. Come to Kano or kaduna and enjoy bliss of life. Night life especially in Kaduna is far more safer and enjoyable than many States in the south.
A child who has not goes to another farm will say his father's farm is the biggest.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by aumeehn: 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
SocialJustice:
It is the north that is safe.
100% safe bros.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Edoziesmart(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Arrewa:
Well.... Be careful

Stop spreading false news. Who tell you Hausa people did not surround places in Aba doing there business without nobody harassing them.
Go to market road, hospital road, jubilee and some other major places in Aba, you will see aboki people running their business. Don't bring tribalism here please. For your information a bum nwafo Igbo. I had stayed or travel to all the popular towns and cities in 5 states of Igbo land.

I hate people like you that use to put fear in some people's mind.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by LZAA: 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bighead9:

No where is safe in the South East. I was there a couple of times before. The people in that region don't even trust themselves. I rather leave in Borno than to stay in any part of the East.

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by LZAA: 3:49pm On Feb 15, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
and the ones in the west are head harvesters
GMBuharii must hear thisgrin
Cc immhotep sarrki gwarotango Afamed helinues blackking98 ebenezar2020
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Benteazaa(m): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
Another mumu thread
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Nobody: 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2020
You are coming from Plateau to southern Nigeria and you are worried about safety?
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by anonimi: 3:54pm On Feb 15, 2020
abdulkayus:
Yes, states like Kwara, Kogi, Niger and Nassarawa are farrrrrr more safe than many States in the south.

Please share statistical evidence from credible sources for what you said.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by doctore212(m): 3:56pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hala me if you need correct Olosho wey go keep you company
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by nick50(m): 3:57pm On Feb 15, 2020
Zephyr1:
Don't believe all you read online. South East, South West and South South are far safer than North. Avoid night movement as others posted earlier. Avoid 'notice me' dressing. Just blend in.

It's surprising how most southern people badmouth their region on security when it's North that's generally known to be unsafe.

It's rare to find someone of middle age or younger in the south that doesn't speak or understand pidgin or good English.
...minus South West especially those from Ibadan /oshogbo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Yngson25(m): 3:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
chiiraq802:

Oga dey your dey for NC, abi, no major market for alahausa.
U're not welcomed in the South, esp. PH city.
What's this one saying??...free d guy
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by SocialJustice: 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
aumeehn:
100% safe bros.
With the daily murders always in the news or is it fowls and goats Boko haram and Iswap are killing? Why have people stopped traveling by road to Kaduna from Abuja?
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Lawdis(m): 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
willsonzzy:
In aba bus and Keke drivers don't speak english but if you speak english they'll understand, in pH pigin is the main language I mean broken English,when you're in pH don't go to dioub,abuloma and the dline at night.you can get a very nice hotel in old or new GRA,avoid night movement and you will enjoy your stay,

Who told you this rubbish?

Please Aba is English/pidgin speaking city OK
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Bonessaw(m): 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Arrewa:
I like Aba...

But the problem I have with Aba is the backwardness of the entire state...

And their strong hatred for Northerners

You’ve been found wanting Sani the cultist of ABU Zaria.
Arewa aka Meleszenawi, Yyeske, OkpalaAnambra

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by lilfrancis100(m): 4:00pm On Feb 15, 2020
I don't agree with your opinions. I was born and brought up in the east, I did my internship and nysc in the north and I am working in Lagos now. When it comes to business, Igbo's are very comfortable with any tribe and will protect you so long as you are a genuine business person. Do you know that Igbos patronize Hausa kiosk sellers more than fellow Igbo's that run supermarkets simply because the Hausa man sells cheaper.
While working in Onitsha main market during my secondary school days... Most of our big customers come from North with few coming from Cameron. They buy goods (weavons, wigs and attachments) worth over 1 million and none has ever complained of any form of attack.
As of today, over 50,000 foreigners visit Onitsha main market daily to buy goods.
From what I heard, Aba is not much different from Onitsha in terms of security.

I will advise the OP to avoid night movement. There is generally no night life in the east so don't come and be wandering around in the night. The hotels in the east are safe. There is nothing like efcc raids.

Portharcourt too is safe during the day time though some areas are known as cultists hot spots

Arrewa:
Well.... Be careful

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Edoziesmart(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
Op if you want to come to aba and onitsha. Avoid going to ph because of sars disturbance in hotel room.
Just find a reasonable hotel to lodge in Aba or onitsha.
If you want to lodge hotel in Aba try to lodge hotel in GRA and aba owerri Road axis. Hotel like LA Pex in ekenna aba is well secured.
If you want to lodge in onitsha try to lodge in place like GRA, awada along eze iweka Road is more secure than inside awada axis, or any better hotel in Awka road axis before nkpor.

I wish you success as you come to the east.
Here is well secured, so don't bother to fear. But control your level of speaking Hausa language during phone call while you move around aba or onitsha major roads. And also beware that tout are much in Aba and onitsha to avoid snatching your phone or their valuable property from you.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Yngson25(m): 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
Arrewa:
I like Aba...

But the problem I have with Aba is the backwardness of the entire state...

And their strong hatred for Northerners

U make a little sense.. I wonder why different regions in Nigeria hate each other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unbelievable!!! Truck Breaks Into Two At PWD Bus-stop, Lagos / Man Calls Out "God Is Good Motors" For Abandoning Him In The Hospital (Photos) / Nigerian Traders Flee Anglophone Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.