Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Travelling To The South For The First Time - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To The South For The First Time (31169 Views)

The Isolated Marquesas Islands In The South Pacific (Pictures) / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2020
I'm surprised to see a northener saying that the South is not safe.. people are mad in this country

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by chidiebere123(m): 10:59pm On Feb 15, 2020
Oga if u can survive in Jos then u can survive any place in the southeast. J town wey dey dey kill people anyhow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by idahme(m): 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Was just exuding smiles reading your PH slang, even without depicting your place of abode I sight u already.. Will end by saying 'u full ground well oil Dey ur skull'

JessetariahMD:
So its my ph you're saying its not secured
but still folks from north central no wan go back
1.try not to move at night (only if u never get moral)
2.use the major roads(no waka for street oh,or na wida dz manchi nai u go hear)
3.in case u wan stretch leg for night,keep ur phone for ur lodge(to avoid aboy way ur kapa)
4.no smile any how if u do ur a ju man (my favorite rule)
PH is fun tho.....everyone got an experience
I love my city

careful of the kind of color of cloth u put on
black and red,black and white,yellow and black
in fact just dress moderate

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Kennyswag: 12:08am On Feb 16, 2020
Kinematics:

Many people here have given me several tribes. Anyone that suits them grin
ok gringrin
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by PicLtd: 5:07am On Feb 16, 2020
LadyExcellency:

60% of Igbo's can speak Hausa fluently.

Don't be scared, Aba is safe as heaven, even at Night.

Northern Nigeria and Eastern Nigeria faultlines is primarily and basically religion and not tribe.

North will welcome Igbo Muslims while the East favours Northern Christians but in business, money is the language and basically customers are good friends to keep.

You are a customer in Aba and will be treated well for the sake of next time

Biko where did you get your figure that 60% of Igbo can speak Hausa? That's fallacious.

If you say 60% of Igbo can speak another Nigerian language fluently maybe I'll be inclined to agree.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by PicLtd: 5:17am On Feb 16, 2020
Bonessaw:
Sani is this how you point with a left hand the land that nutured your infancy. How would you talk bad about Onitsha a place you and you siblings and parents lived. Did the east kill you people when you were there? You must be an embarrassment to your Igbo friends who call you nwanne.

Sani aka Arewa, Chino, Yyeske, Meleszenawi, Chinolisation, Abia1stson, OkpalaAnambra. Why would you keep denigrating the land that moulded you to the man you’re today?You must be a disappointment to Baba Haruna your father?Sani why?

So he even grew up in the East, with his placenta buried there. What a shame!
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Onlinefarmstore: 6:23am On Feb 16, 2020
DarkJeddi:
And that is by telling a blatant lie to him?

still your opinion..... because if you check the geopolitical zones, Aba doesn't fall under south east?
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by cardoctor(m): 7:46am On Feb 16, 2020
ThemanS:
Hello Nairalanders, I will be traveling to the Southern part of the Country for the first time in my life. I was born and raised in the North Central, Plateau state to be precise.

I will be traveling to Aba to buy some goods for a Client, initially I was planning to move to Port-Harcourt, then from there enter Aba and Onitsha after I'm done with shopping I will move back to Port-Harcourt and take a Bus back home.

Now the issue here is I have never travelled to the South, a lot of people here are telling me that there's no security, even lodging is not safe because EFCC might raid the lodge anytime. And the Streets are also not safe.

Pls Nairalanders in port and Aba should recommend a good and safe area for me. I was told keke and bus drivers don't usually speak English na so so language dem dey speak.

Help a brother pls.

Go with someone that knows the ropes.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Kinematics: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2020
Lawdis:

What do you want to start, Aba people can interact with anybody in English once they noticed you don't hear or speak Igbo

.....they're unlike Yoruba's and Hausa's, I used only 3 months to start speaking Yoruba when I was in Ibadan because of their inability to speak or understand English

Like I've said earlier. Only in SS(besides Uyo) cities English is predominantly spoken in Nigeria.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by DarkJeddi(m): 9:04am On Feb 16, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:

still your opinion..... because if you check the geopolitical zones, Aba doesn't fall under south east?

His thread SAID,traveling to the SOUTH for the first time..

NOT,traveling to the SOUTH SOUTH for the first time..

So,is Aba NOT in the SOUTH?

The SOUTH could be SS,SW or SE..

Stop CONFUSING yourself..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Onlinefarmstore: 10:17am On Feb 16, 2020
DarkJeddi:
His thread SAID,traveling to the SOUTH for the first time..

NOT,traveling to the SOUTH SOUTH for the first time..

So,is Aba NOT in the SOUTH?

The SOUTH could be SS,SW or SE..

Stop CONFUSING yourself..
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by DarkJeddi(m): 1:33pm On Feb 16, 2020
Onlinefarmstore:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
cheesy grin

Of Course.. cool

Go learn your Geography and..lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Umueme: 4:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
OP.... I base in Aba and I can tell you its relatively safe. Concerning hotels, EFCC raids hotels without class. Try lodging at Hotel De La Paix at brass by Ekenna G.R.A or Binez hotel off aba-owerri road, Addrex hotel at Ogbor-hill and Luxury city hotel also along Aba-Owerri road. Aba is not safe at night along Mosque, park and York.

Thanks and try getting pics to show that Aba's demeanor has changed
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Umueme: 4:35pm On Feb 16, 2020
ThemanS:
Hello Nairalanders, I will be traveling to the Southern part of the Country for the first time in my life. I was born and raised in the North Central, Plateau state to be precise.

I will be traveling to Aba to buy some goods for a Client, initially I was planning to move to Port-Harcourt, then from there enter Aba and Onitsha after I'm done with shopping I will move back to Port-Harcourt and take a Bus back home.

Now the issue here is I have never travelled to the South, a lot of people here are telling me that there's no security, even lodging is not safe because EFCC might raid the lodge anytime. And the Streets are also not safe.

Pls Nairalanders in port and Aba should recommend a good and safe area for me. I was told keke and bus drivers don't usually speak English na so so language dem dey speak.

Help a brother pls.

Read my reply above this mention
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Kfed4ril(m): 8:28pm On Feb 16, 2020
ThemanS:
Sunnymatey.

I'm presently in the NE, Borno state. There is a project i'm handling over there. Please can you recommend good areas in Aba where i will be free from touts?

I was told that Effc raids hotels anyhow in those areas, as a young guy i have to be careful now.

Oga come on shut up,
You’re in maiduguri and you’re saying the south isn’t safe.
Lemme tell you something you don’t know, the most dangerous part of the south is better the the safest place in jos or Borno.
Majority of the unsafety in the east is caused by your northern police and EFCC, remove them and the south is almost safe.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Kfed4ril(m): 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
aumeehn:
Aba is not that safe o, the south sef is not safe.

Where are you?
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Kfed4ril(m): 8:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
AMvanquish:
Well be careful. My In-law shuttles from Kano to Aba to buy stuff for his business. He says he keeps his head down and speaks only English and pidgin and speaking Hausa to a minimum due to some natives over there looking at him suspiciously and a few times have tried been aggressive with him when they learnt he speaks Hausa. But when it comes to money and business, I guess that's the only language majority of Nigerians are cool with. Based on his experience. Just get there , do your business and get out asap.

Oga shut up
Nobody will try to attack you because you speak Hausa in the east.

It pains me when you guys pass informations you aren’t sure of, but pass it boldly
Oga commot from your village travel down south and experience for yourself and stop leaving on hearsay.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Longman180(m): 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
jimyjames:
Hmm

Just imagine a guy from the north plateau state where people are killed everyday is talking about security in the south east where there are check points everywhere

You are not serious

Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by tolguy(m): 10:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
willsonzzy:
In aba bus and Keke drivers don't speak english but if you speak english they'll understand, in pH pigin is the main language I mean broken English,when you're in pH don't go to dioub,abuloma and the dline at night.you can get a very nice hotel in old or new GRA,avoid night movement and you will enjoy your stay,
gentle man nice reply
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by AMvanquish: 11:47pm On Feb 16, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Oga shut up
Nobody will try to attack you because you speak Hausa in the east.

It pains me when you guys pass informations you aren’t sure of, but pass it boldly
Oga commot from your village travel down south and experience for yourself and stop leaving on hearsay.

You must be very stupid. Others replied with respect and decorum and show maturity, only you come and be commenting like one Lagos tout.
Cant you read and assimilate? Was it my experience or someone else's narration!
Get the F#ck out of my mentions.
Re: Travelling To The South For The First Time by Kfed4ril(m): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2020
AMvanquish:

You must be very stupid. Others replied with respect and decorum and show maturity, only you come and be commenting like one Lagos tout.
Cant you read and assimilate? Was it my experience or someone else's narration!
Get the F#ck out of my mentions.

Ok sorry for the last initial insult, but all those things are hearsay, how will someone tell you that they will attack you in the east for speaking Hausa and you believe,
The east is one of the safest regions in Nigeria, you can google it, but then again wisdom has to be applied, you’re going to a place you aren’t familiar with, common sense should tell you not to caught outside on ungodly hours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ebola: FG, Lagos Condemn Airline For Flying Corpse To Nigeria From Congo / Drunk Policemen Cause Accident In Uyo, Many Injured (Photos) / The New BRT Fare Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.